Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shaymantha's showcase

15678911...Next

Comments

• orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited November 2020
    Thank You All Shop Mall is a very pretty and lovely detailed build Sam! Thanks for showcasing my fashion police station as well as your build's base. I have to say, your reused mall ended looking infinitely better than mine! There's just so many things to digest! I'll update this post later with a more lengthy review: one that matches all the effort and amount of detail you put in, I promise. But for now, so sleepy. :sleeping:

First off, the London double decker buses are very creatively executed. Love the gnome drivers and llama references. I've never been to UK before but when I look at reference pics, I think you've captured the English spirit quite well! (LOL that sounds like alcohol or something). The streetscape is amazing! I love the three knights on horseback to the left of the build and @WintersEdge22 landscapes are perfect for it!.

Inside the mall, the atrium is gorgeous and festive! It's making me excited for Christmas already! I didn't even know half the things that you featured by the tree existed! The light-arts by Mag6002 and Neiti-Winter and @Takissis' no-cc art are all sooo cute and fun! The LV shop windows are executed well! And I really like the changing booths. I really wish we can still use them as we did from TS2. The cafe reminded me that I haven't had my morning cup yet. LOL

LV must be really doing well in this part of town if they decided to rent even the upper storeys. The music shop looks almost exactly like the one in our local mall. Hmmm. I dunno if it was such a good idea to put the toy store at the very top. The grandparents and moms and dads would've been wheezing by the time they get to the top. LOL! Or is it a marketing ploy so the adults would be less focused and too tired to leave, giving the kids more time to find something to spend their sweet $$$ on? If that is the case, then it's pure genius!

The pièce de résistance of this is the subway metro! Oh my gosh! I don't even know where to start! It's all so well thought out! The ticketing/queueing booth (statues scared the heck out of me tho), the vending machines, way-finding maps, trash cans, freaking ventilation equipment!, and even the graffiti by the platform! Ooooooh! It's all sooo good! I'm such a sucker for realism!! What a nerd! Also I'm really glad you found use for all the Snowy Escape assets!

You've truly outdone yourself @Shaymantha!! I'm so happy for and proud of you! *hugs*

P.S. The build looks awesome at night!
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Thank You All Shop Mall is a very pretty and lovely detailed build @Shaymantha. Thanks for showcasing my fashion police station as well as your build's base. LOL I imagine they went bankrupt having to supply all the pre-November 2020-patch townies with designer pieces especially the Gen-Z townies with their obsession for Gucci. I have to say, your reused mall ended looking infinitely better than mine! There's just so many things to digest! I'll update this post later with a more lengthy review: one that matches all the effort and amount of detail you put in, I promise. But for now, so sleepy. :sleeping:

Aww ty but go get some sleep would rather you did it before commenting as your health more important! Ttyl's and hope you sleep well :smile:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Thank You All Shop Mall is a very creatively designed build! :) Each area has been designed and furnished so very well! It is very detailed! It would have involved a lot of time and work! Congratulations again on the followers! The London buses are great! The letters and pictures look great on the bus walls! Very nice upper level sitting area on one of the buses! Very lovely area with the platform and the statues on it! The flowers there are very pretty! Very creative design of the underground Tube station! You have designed it very well! The ticket counter /office area is very nice! The tracks, trains, street art on the wall are great! Very lovely furnishing of the shopping mall! The large Christmas tree is very pretty! The music shop is very nice! It looks great the way the musical instruments are on display! Very beautiful fashion store! The clothes racks and items on the walls and on the shelving are very nice! The models displaying outfits and the window displays are lovely! The toys shop is sweet! The colourful jigsaw patterned flooring is pretty! The variety of cute soft toys is great!! The dollhouses are great to buy for homes!
    It is a very lovely and special build?¿
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited November 2020
    Thank You All Shop Mall is amazing! <3 I love all on it but really in love with those London buses! <3 Well done, chica! :smiley:
    EDIT: Oh almost forget! CONGRATS on 100 followers!
    Thank you very much for the congrats and your kind words of continued support! @orenjiAi, @rosemow and @AIRIS6962 :blush: It's a bit late this build due to having issues with the patch ect like many others have been too, but got there in the end via trial and error lol, as for the platform tool it's awesome i love using it and it made this build possible and easier to achieve. ;)

First off Kev i thank you for letting me use your police station for the mall shell so ofc i would showcase your build too, so as much as i appreciate it no need to thank me! ;) I'm just glad you liked it after i first said i wanted to reno it into a shopping mall (how girly of me lol). :joy: Also your build looks just as good as mine they different themes so ofc they going to look good but in different ways! The mall would have looked daft with the original windows you had but works wonderfully for your police station. The fact that you designed it as a renovated townhouse is what works for it being a typical shopping mall here in the UK since a lot of our malls ect are placed in/renovated dated buildings. So i beg please stop putting your builds down so much man! :smile: Happy to hear it made you feel all festive just as i hope it gives everyone else a festive spirit too! As for the changing booths you can still use them i playtested to see if sims can actually go in there ect! ;) Sadly they have to buy the clothes first still :( so that's a bit of a let down. Lol i love my gnome drivers too with using mannequins for the shop i couldn't use any more than 10 per lot which i didn't know before lol. Found that out when i originally had 2 per window on the shop and it has 4 display windows so had to re-work that out how i was going to do the window displays! :joy: Also the reason i used the statues in the ticket booth and i'm sorry for scaring you with them lols. As for the cafe i'm a coffee lover so ofc i had to have a cafe too. ;) The toy shop we'll just say that it was pure genius that it was meant to be put on the top floor as it's name is The Toy Attic and not that it was the only place big enough for it as sam forgot to widen the build before doing the cityscape. :blush:

I'm pleased to hear you all like my shops and the iconic London busses which i'm very proud of now that i had another go at making them. :smiley: I'm a big music lover too so the shops i chose to do have some connection to my interests in real life and not chosen at random. I love my "heroes statue" which was only possible to do with the new platform tool because i wanted some sort of statue like we have in real life to be part of the build to give it a more "real" feel to it and talking of realism Kev i must admit i didn't know you'd geek out so much about the realism in this build it made me laugh so much when i read that part of your comment! :joy:

Once again i thank you all for your lovely comments and kind words. I love reading and treasure them all <3 you all sending lots of *hugs*, take care and happy simming!
    edited May 2021
    Well after 6 months of absence I'm back and building again! During my game play I decided to build my own nightclub which i decided on a renovated lighthouse theme since it's on the dock in good old Windenburg. :smiley: It's available on my gallery now for download. Lightart by #sayrix3

The Lighthouse

CKj5KiC.png
    KPiY7Lj.png
    bgHSuF0.pngLVhA31t.png
    jsuk7h1.png
    PoqDACo.png
    xJMgdKy.png

The interior
    g6b2Rjr.png
    LO8Cczh.png
    pwOVbfr.png
    gbgQnHI.png
    Np3mC7R.png
    fhOrRg8.png
    Tt7BHXM.png
    t533MEv.png
    fvqTilw.png
    ZKraZkB.png
    lCr4bSV.png
    3tvMTBA.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Welcome back! :) It is great to see you!
    The lighthouse nightclub is lovely! :) The exterior design as a lighthouse is very nice! The tower with windows watch area, the red and white colours, and the neon bar signs on the walls are great! Very lovely interior furnishings! Sims will enjoy using the bubbles item in the tower and the fish tanks there are nice. Very lovely dining tables balcony! Sims will have great views of below floor when sitting there. Very lovely bar counter and dance floor level area! The drinks wall shelving and cabinets are very nice, Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having drinks from the bar or have fun dancing to the dj booth music. The spot lights look great! The curtains are pretty!
    It is a lovely nightclub :)
    edited May 2021
    Thank you very much @rosemow, it's good to be back and see how everyone is. Hope you been keeping well?
    POV: It is 10 PM, you are slumped in the backseat of a taxi. Tired after a long day of touring Windenburg with friends.
    "There's one last place I want to visit," Sammy (who is totally unrelated to my Unloved character) said. "I think you'll like it, Jaik. It's the only historical building in Lykke Center!"

The cab turns and you see a traditional red and white lighthouse gleaming above the black waters. Loud booming EDM can be heard from the gym by the road. Sammy pays the fare and she helps you get on your feet which have fallen asleep from the long ride.

"C'mon, it's just a short walk away," she urged.

The cool ocean breeze blowing past your face felt nice. Lights from building across the bay twinkled like stars on the horizon. And the sound of the ocean rhythmically sloshing on the breakwater was very therapeutic to hear.

But somehow you can't shake this ominous feeling off your chest. You had been ignoring it for some time. But it has become overwhelming. And oddly enough, you realize that the further you stray from the gym, the louder the music became.

You felt hands clamp on your shoulders. They push you towards the entrance. You hear Sammy laugh victoriously.

It is already too late when you realized. The last thing you see are LED lights burning against a black background. They spelled D-A-N-C-E.

End.

This is a very lovely lighthouse @shaymantha! I love how the quaint almost unassuming exterior hid every introvert's nightmare. The club itself is beautifully and functionally laid out. Our Sims can enjoy karaoke, kill it on the dance floor, and listen to the DJ! I love your color scheme and the VIP balcony frames the space below really well. The bubble blower on the third (UK second) floor is a nice touch 👌 and I bet Sims will enjoy getting high—up in the sky—here! I can see that you started using the TOOL mod with this lantern! And I look forward to seeing more of what you can do with this tool and your creative mind!

It's a very good build! :)
    edited May 2021
    Rofl @orenjiAi love the story telling in this review 'The introvert's nightmere' :joy: That be just like real life too :p Thanks for the review my friend much appreciated. The TOOL mod is awesome! Wish I'd have used it sooner lol :lol:
    I only ever use TOOL for resizing lamps and carpets, rotating stuff, and taking objects off lots lol. I’m sure that with your creativity you can make much more impressive builds!
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

@Shaymantha I like the contrast between the traditional facade and the modern interiors of the lighthouse build! My fav part is the cosy little bubble blowing corner tucked away in the tower. :)
    Thanks for the compliment @orenjiAi. I'm trying not to set my bar too high though so baby steps for now! I admit that the TOOL mod does make it easier to resize stuff ect even though I did resize ect before getting that mod lol.

Thanks for popping by and commenting on my latest build @tatselk much appreciated. :smiley: Yeah it did turn out nice and cosy that bubble blowing area, though that wasn't my intention to be honest i just had a room to fill so i chose that lol :joy: As @orenjiAi said in an earlier comment
    The bubble blower on the third (UK second) floor is a nice touch 👌 and I bet Sims will enjoy getting high—up in the sky—here!
    my sims are having tons of fun! :smiley:
    Shaymantha wrote: »
    Playing with CC is fun! :smiley: I guess i got carried away with it on my personal gameplay as these are my recent creations :joy: (Please note these are not available on my gallery).

uP1VYrV.png
    tFyZWX8.png
    CVyEJ57.png
    1JxEf17.png
    T8uev1I.png

I spy with my cartoony Asian eyes, new characters!

Each of these new characters seems interesting (I see you there too)! I wonder what story you had in mind for them? Not to be stereotypical, but Final Fantasy VII taught me that silver-haired characters with black and white motifs are antagonists! I look forward to seeing more of them in your updates! :)

P.S. You should also give your Simself an alpha cc makeover!
    edited May 2021
    Thanks @orenjiAi 😊 yeah was going for an anime style for a change! My simself not part of that family i just added pic with her cc eyes ect since i did that at the same time as the new guys. I not finished them as a whole yet as planning out their story and traits but I'll update them soon though just in middle of a new build as you know 😉