Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genuine question, do they just enjoy watching the community flip out?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ElectraRai wrote: »
    I dont think disney will renew contract with EA in 2023 xD after so much drama with battle front, luckluster SW game titles, and now this...
    Their newest EA sold really well so I doubt it. EA accepted to go back to offline formula for Star Wars games at least and that helped their sales a lot. Shame they want to push the online formula with the Sims 5. You would think because of what happened with Battlefront they wouldn't. Honestly more worried about the Sims' future than Star Wars which is making over 10 million so far and counting in a shorter period of time. The sad truth is Sims needs more Star Wars profit than the reverse. Maxis is still hurting from SimCity 2013 tanking so no wonder Sims 4 has to last longer to make up that loss.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    OMG this thread! I forget what the original post was about but plum...the laughs!

Lmaooo, it's a mess.

A good mess though.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    If I look at it from EAs perspective which consummers are they targeting; Not me even though I want new adventures for my adventourous Sims. I own all the packs and selling to me is just one sale. They are not interested in players who play Sims 2 and 3. Neither those who haven't bought a pack since f.e City Living. They want new players, players who will buy both the base game and Stars Wars and if they get hooked even more packs. To attract new players they can't use a knitting pack, they need some very selling and there you have Star Wars. That is why they some time ago gave away the base game for free to attract new players
    I have been playing Maxis games since Sim City days, so sorry that stereotyping doesn't work. We have been complaining how Sims 4 only makes girly girl packs, so if targeting new people means attracting mature males, bring it on. Nice to get a pack that targets a new audience finally and families too.

Anyways SimGurus were not forced by EA to make it, they wanted to make it:

Two things:

1- Family Play is not 'girly girl'

2- Star Wars isn't 'mature male'

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    If I look at it from EAs perspective which consummers are they targeting; Not me even though I want new adventures for my adventourous Sims. I own all the packs and selling to me is just one sale. They are not interested in players who play Sims 2 and 3. Neither those who haven't bought a pack since f.e City Living. They want new players, players who will buy both the base game and Stars Wars and if they get hooked even more packs. To attract new players they can't use a knitting pack, they need some very selling and there you have Star Wars. That is why they some time ago gave away the base game for free to attract new players
    I have been playing Maxis games since Sim City days, so sorry that stereotyping doesn't work. We have been complaining how Sims 4 only makes girly girl packs, so if targeting new people means attracting mature males, bring it on. Nice to get a pack that targets a new audience finally and families too.

Anyways SimGurus were not forced by EA to make it, they wanted to make it:

Two things:

1- Family Play is not 'girly girl'

2- Star Wars isn't 'mature male'
    I know family play isn't why I have been saying it attracts men who have families. Sorry most tween boys don't have nooboos of their own right away, so yes mature as in child rearing age. Who the target market is everyone.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/725522/star-wars-intended-audience/

People were saying chore packs like Laundry Day and Nifty Knitting were girly girl packs despite them both being community voted packs. I don't agree with it, but yes Star Wars has a much broader audience than the Sims 4 does. Sims 3 actually appealed to all genders pretty equally. So yes I am all for a theme that encourages diversity into the Sims community again.

Pack also has a new supernatural which I am all for too. There are some community requests like that addressed with this pack. Sure it isn't Harry Potter which I am not a fan with but at least Star Wars appeals to more Simmers than Twilight did in the Sims 3.

1) It is a great pack for family players
    2) It is a great pack for supernatural players
    3) It has a more popular fan base than the Sims
    4) It has a massive target market regardless of age and gender
    5) Brand loyalty Sims and Star Wars both have it
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "DO THEY JUST ENJOY WATCHING THE COMMUNITY FLIP OUT?"

No.

They genuinely are looking for a mix of things that have been popular in the past, and things that the Sims have never yet done. This is the latter,

Have you ever read the Developer Roadmaps or other input from the Studio on how they do what they do? Have you ever considered taking those at face value as actually, truthfully meaning what they say? Because they do.

Don't want it? Don't buy it. But attacking the people who make the game you pretend (not) to enjoy is out of bounds.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2020
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔

Oh come on... That is a fallacy at best. No other video in the history of Sims has this amount of dislikes.

An overwhelmingly majority of people hate this pack or don't care for it.

By your logic, we shouldn't take polls into consideration that have sample sizes.

It's a poor argument.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Was there this much backlash when they made Katy Perry Sweet Treats SP?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @HayleeSims Why are we attacking each other and being mean, when it's the game that is obviously the problem?

Umm 🧐 last I checked players get attacked for complaining about the game more than anything else.

They get equally attacked for liking the game, the way I see it. Like 'How the hell can you like a game that is so hopeless?! You ought to get beaten up for liking such a terrible thing!' :'(

I have never once in my life seen ANYBODY personally attacked on these forums for being excited over a pack. Not once. Never.

Please cute your sources with examples.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Not really, but it was hated for a good long while and arguably still is quite hated. But compared with MFP and now the Disney tie-in, it seems so tame by comparison.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Not really, but it was hated for a good long while and arguably still is quite hated. But compared with MFP and now the Disney tie-in, it seems so tame by comparison.

Haha, okay, thanks for answering!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020
    @HayleeSims Why are we attacking each other and being mean, when it's the game that is obviously the problem?

Umm 🧐 last I checked players get attacked for complaining about the game more than anything else.

They get equally attacked for liking the game, the way I see it. Like 'How the hell can you like a game that is so hopeless?! You ought to get beaten up for liking such a terrible thing!' :'(

I have never once in my life seen ANYBODY personally attacked on these forums for being excited over a pack. Not once. Never.

Please cute your sources with examples.

Agreed. That’s the most dramatic comment I’ve seen on this forum, no ones attacking anyone for liking the game. In fact I’ve seen SO MANY rude people here that are just disgustingly mean to people who have legitimate concerns and critiques. I’d compare it to fans of a certain Cheeto, but I’m unsure if that is against the rules.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    The plethora of threads for SW amuses me, everybody is saying the same thing in each and every one. People are getting so aggressive and defensive.

I'm new to the forums, so is this typical when a new pack is announced? I've only been coming around here since EL and NK were announced.

For me personally, I never wanted EL when it was on the survey. So, I was sorta amazed it actually was ever made into a pack. And, I voted for "hobbies" because that was the main genre of that survey, it wasn't until "hobbies" won, that they widdled it down to only ONE hobby, and Knitting was NOT what I had in mind. I thought it was going to be a pack that included ALL of the hobbies. But, I did end up buying both of those packs because they each had CAS & Build/Buy items that I knew I would use even if I wasn't thrilled with the actual gameplay of either packs. I'm not someone who buys packs just because they've been released, I don't need to "complete" my collection. I work too hard for my money to buy something that I know without a doubt that I will NEVER use anything in the pack.

Star Wars is definitely NOT something I would ever be interested in ...... ever! So, this is one that I will for sure be skipping. I don't want those kinds of sims walking around my "normal, boring" neighborhoods. For me that would not blend with my style. There also does not seem to be any build/buy item I would use. So yeah, this is a pass for me but I'm not going to be mad about other people excited and buying it, as we each play different styles. I also don't play with vampires or spellcasters, but because those are more "human" in form, I don't mind them in my game.

But, what's the point in attacking everybody (each other, the Gurus, EA, Maxis)? It's NOT going to magically make the pack not be released.

The great thing about The Sims is, you get to pick and choose what you want in your game. If SW is not for you, then this would be a pack that you should probably skip. If SW is something you've been dying to have in your game, then there you go! Have at it! Enjoy it and I hope it lives up to your expectations.

But again ..... no matter how you feel about this pack, past packs, or future packs ..... all the complaining in the world is not going to make those things stop being released. Packs are planned at least a year in advance, and I would imagine in all reality, that some of the "suggestions" on the surveys are probably already in the works and these surveys are nothing more than a way for them to decide which of them will be released first.

My biggest complaint about the SW pack, is the timing. There are a HUGE amount of bugs from previous packs that are still not fixed. Adding another pack on top, I'm sure will either break different things or create MORE bugs on top of what is already broke. So in that sense I absolutely 100% can understand why people are upset with the release of this pack .... but the thing of it is, no matter what pack it would have been, those issues would still be there, so even if it was something you have been asking for (farming, generations, etc) you would still be having a pack installed on top of an already broken and bugged up game.

In my opinion, if the bugs had been fixed or there was an update on what they are working on to address the bug issues, people would be less attacking of the actual theme of this pack.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »

No.

They genuinely are looking for a mix of things that have been popular in the past, and things that the Sims have never yet done. This is the latter,

Have you ever read the Developer Roadmaps or other input from the Studio on how they do what they do? Have you ever considered taking those at face value as actually, truthfully meaning what they say? Because they do.

Don't want it? Don't buy it. But attacking the people who make the game you pretend (not) to enjoy is out of bounds.

Lol. What is this generic response? We already talked about all the horrible arguments you brought on to the table but *inhales*, here we go again.

1- A "mix" is horrible at this point of time when the most important aspect to the game (yes, ik not everyone likes family play and whatever, but it's important in the aspect that it suits the majority of the playerbase, don't play dumb just in case you wanna argue about it not being ImpOrtAnT to evEryOne) is not even in the game, leaving a significant portion of people just there waiting while they release extremely niche packs with types of gameplay that aren't really replayable and a one and done deal type of experience.

2- I can not buy something AND complain about it. I not buying a pack doesn't suddenly invalidate the other action. Get out of here with the most absurd statement this community likes to chew endlessly on for years. It's tired and redundant.

3- No one 'attacked' the devs here. Not every -ve thread = an attack on devs. If you're saying that just in general then it's useless because we never planned to attack on them and the place you're stating that in is wrong. Go to Twitter or smth.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member

i think in that case the pack was just so bonkers, that some people (like me) just loved to hate it. but the packs were somewhat different back then as they focused around build/buy and cas. nowadays, the game packs are meant to give you way more to do in the game, and we get a pack like SW. on top of that, Sims 3 also had the online store which was filled with many different things that different spectrums of Sims players would like. i wonder why they did away with the online store...i actually would’ve appreciated one this time around
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »

No.

Lol. What is this generic response? We already talked about all the horrible arguments you brought on to the table but *inhales*, here we go again.

1- A "mix" is horrible at this point of time when the most important aspect to the game (yes, ik not everyone likes family play and whatever, but it's important in the aspect that it suits the majority of the playerbase, don't play dumb just in case you wanna argue about it not being ImpOrtAnT to evEryOne) is not even in the game, leaving a significant portion just there while they release extremely niche packs with types of gameplay that aren't really replayable and a one and done deal type of experience.

2- I can not buy something AND complain about it. I suddenly not buying doesn't invalidate the other. Get out of here with the most absurd statement this community likes to chew endlessly on for years. It's tired and redundant.

3- No one 'attacked' the devs here. Not every -ve thread = an attack on devs. If you're saying that just in general then it's useless because we never planned to attack on them and the place you're stating that in is wrong. Go to Twitter or smth.

Don't worry...This person defends EA with every breath and just low down attacks anyone else that disagrees.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    This is interesting. I knew as soon as i saw them announce this pack it would cause an uproar.
    First things first, not everyone likes Star Wars totally get that... myself being one that dislikes supernaturals in general.

However, this is a brilliant idea for fans of both.
    The Star Wars Universe with it's rich untapped story telling potential combined with the Sims which is severely lacking in story line legacy,seem like a natural fit.

It's gotta be better than Katy Perry right?
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    This is interesting. I knew as soon as i saw them announce this pack it would cause an uproar.
    First things first, not everyone likes Star Wars totally get that... myself being one that dislikes supernaturals in general.

The Star Wars Universe with it's rich untapped story telling potential combined with the Sims which is severely lacking in story line legacy,seem like a natural fit.

Nothing is better than the muffin bra. Nothing.
  • Options
    Felicity wrote: »

This is why I don’t understand the hate for KPST. You can have cupcake tatas. It’s glorious. My sim self was a QUEEN
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    KPST is definitely a very campy, niche stuff pack, and I find it hilarious, but I totally get why people don't like it. However, we were getting so much other content from EPs and from the store (love it or hate it, it released regular content) that skipping it really didn't add a sense of, "Will I get new content this year that I'll enjoy?"

I think that's why people are so angry about Star Wars. Sims 4 for many people gets stale fairly quickly, so we rely on packs to give us new stuff to do, and with this, it's so far outside many people's play styles that they don't really have something to look forward to. I play a lot of other games, and I still prefer Sims 3, so skipping a Sims 4 pack is not a big deal to me. But if it were my primary game, I can see getting frustrated at the bugs being ignored and content I don't want being added. In addition, the patch will likely bring even more bugs to the base game -- we all hope it will fix more than it breaks -- which makes the game even more frustrating.

But yes, muffin tatas -- my simlife is complete.
  • Options
    KPST is definitely a very campy, niche stuff pack, and I find it hilarious, but I totally get why people don't like it. However, we were getting so much other content from EPs and from the store (love it or hate it, it released regular content) that skipping it really didn't add a sense of, "Will I get new content this year that I'll enjoy?"

I think that's why people are so angry about Star Wars. Sims 4 for many people gets stale fairly quickly, so we rely on packs to give us new stuff to do, and with this, it's so far outside many people's play styles that they don't really have something to look forward to. I play a lot of other games, and I still prefer Sims 3, so skipping a Sims 4 pack is not a big deal to me. But if it were my primary game, I can see getting frustrated at the bugs being ignored and content I don't want being added. In addition, the patch will likely bring even more bugs to the base game -- we all hope it will fix more than it breaks -- which makes the game even more frustrating.

I didn’t even think about how this Lasers go pew pew patch is going to break the base game. Great.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’ve invested over $500 on the sims 4 packs & I have every right to state my opinion just like anyone else. Don’t like it? Stay off the forums. Don’t attack people for having different opinions as you. Not everyone has to like this lackluster, recycled animations pack.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Komura wrote: »

This is why I don’t understand the hate for KPST. You can have cupcake tatas. It’s glorious. My sim self was a QUEEN

PREACH I LOVED the clothes (I guess because I love girly girl sparkling cute stuff!)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    All I can say is that for me, Sims4 is going off in a direction that is leaving me behind. First, I didn't purchase My First Pet; then I didn't buy Vampires, I didn't buy Realm of Magic (for the same reason I didn't purchase Vampires, so not into the Occult). I didn't go for Eco-Living either and now once again I'm on the fence with this new Game Pack. I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I even watched the trailer hoping to catch something in it, an object or a piece of clothing, etc. that I wanted. But so far, nada. I'm not one to just up and decide to take my Sims out of their current home to go on an adventure, and for sure it doesn't even look like a vacation spot I, in RL, would ever wish to go. Sulani would have made a good honeymoon spot, but for the fact you can't just go there for a 'weekend' without purchasing a lot. (None of which are open in my current game.) I'll be lucky at this point, if I purchase any more packs. I just hope with all of my heart that the mods I currently am using aren't made null and void with yet another ginormous patch headed our way, for something I may not even want in my game.

I'm very disappointed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

:p
  • Options

Yeah I get it....but the point is a lot of packs are like that. Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure. Strangerville, Realm of Magic.
    Those are niche oriented destination only game packs and didn't receive abnormal amounts of
    pre-release criticism.

It's actually less about the actual offering and more about a culture of contrarianism.
    The actual game hasn't released yet so.....
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top