Sul sul! How many baes is too many? The answer is NONE! Join @kelseydangerous on her journey of love as she attempts to maintain 100 romantic relationships.
Follow along on her road to love here!
September 17th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Genuine question, do they just enjoy watching the community flip out?

Comments

  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I also only shut people off when they are repeating the same tired argument that all of the hate is probably the minority because NoT eVerYoNe does whatever the heck everyone does.

    can only speak for myself, but that is not what I said, I never claimed the people who dislike the pack are the minority, nor did I claim they are the majority either, because A. I don't really care and B. I don't actually know and neither do you.
    Besides all that, the majority isn't always right :p
    If you think that is what I said, than you did not get my post at all....but how could you, since apperently you didn't even read it (?)

    Echo Chamber= only people who say exactly what you say are allowed.

    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I think the point of this thread is to get all worked up over a tweet that has already been deleted.....

    Majority is always right if the matter relies on a subjective opinion though?

    Also, still didn't read what you said past the first and last paragraph so ok.

    Majority or not, getting that much hate isn't a thing to take with pride or use as indicator of satisfaction so my point fully stands.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’m still finding it very strange how the gurus haven’t said much about this pack at all usually by now they have answered a lot of questions. Whether it is due to the anger from a lot of fans or if they can’t say much as it’s a collab with Disney and are waiting for the livestream I don’t know. This is the quietest I’ve known them following a pack announcement.

    They're also apparently not doing a stream.

    Really? That's kind of worrisome if true. If they're not going to absolutely stand behind the amazingness of the pack and show everyone prerelease as they normally do, then the question is, "Why not?"

    I don't blame them with the vitriol thrown at them when the announcement came up but where did you hear or read this?

    SimGuruRomeo did the StrangerVille one in the studio and I wonder if they can't do a stream as they are all at home by themselves and refuse to do it alone without group moral support. I wouldn't!

    The StrangerVille one appears to have been done the day before that came out.



    They seem to be a reputable source and have been correct in the past so I trust them.

    At least we know we're getting cars by Apirl 2021 at the max?

    It's still not official so it doesn't mean squat.

    Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t they not sending it out to those people who get it for free early either? It seems weird to be that they’re allegedly changing their entire model for this pack. I know some people wait for those reviews from game changers to decide if they’ll purchase on launch, this smells like a wharf to me.

    I believe someone in another thread spoke to a Game changer who claimed that they only get the SW pack at release like everyone else. Can't back it up with proof though as I'm not acquainted to any Game changers myself.
    I think Disney has full control over their property this time around.
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2020
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I think the point of this thread is to get all worked up over a tweet that has already been deleted.....
    You've completely proved you didn't read the thread with this.

    So happy didn't waste effort refuting whatever you said :]
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,626 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’m still finding it very strange how the gurus haven’t said much about this pack at all usually by now they have answered a lot of questions. Whether it is due to the anger from a lot of fans or if they can’t say much as it’s a collab with Disney and are waiting for the livestream I don’t know. This is the quietest I’ve known them following a pack announcement.

    They're also apparently not doing a stream.

    Really? That's kind of worrisome if true. If they're not going to absolutely stand behind the amazingness of the pack and show everyone prerelease as they normally do, then the question is, "Why not?"

    I don't blame them with the vitriol thrown at them when the announcement came up but where did you hear or read this?

    SimGuruRomeo did the StrangerVille one in the studio and I wonder if they can't do a stream as they are all at home by themselves and refuse to do it alone without group moral support. I wouldn't!

    The StrangerVille one appears to have been done the day before that came out.



    They seem to be a reputable source and have been correct in the past so I trust them.

    At least we know we're getting cars by Apirl 2021 at the max?

    Weren't they the people who reported that we are going to get cars some time ago. SimGuruGrant said that we weren't getting them at all in Sims 4.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 702 Member
    edited September 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Komura wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’m still finding it very strange how the gurus haven’t said much about this pack at all usually by now they have answered a lot of questions. Whether it is due to the anger from a lot of fans or if they can’t say much as it’s a collab with Disney and are waiting for the livestream I don’t know. This is the quietest I’ve known them following a pack announcement.

    They're also apparently not doing a stream.

    Really? That's kind of worrisome if true. If they're not going to absolutely stand behind the amazingness of the pack and show everyone prerelease as they normally do, then the question is, "Why not?"

    I don't blame them with the vitriol thrown at them when the announcement came up but where did you hear or read this?

    SimGuruRomeo did the StrangerVille one in the studio and I wonder if they can't do a stream as they are all at home by themselves and refuse to do it alone without group moral support. I wouldn't!

    The StrangerVille one appears to have been done the day before that came out.



    They seem to be a reputable source and have been correct in the past so I trust them.

    At least we know we're getting cars by Apirl 2021 at the max?

    It's still not official so it doesn't mean squat.

    Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t they not sending it out to those people who get it for free early either? It seems weird to be that they’re allegedly changing their entire model for this pack. I know some people wait for those reviews from game changers to decide if they’ll purchase on launch, this smells like a wharf to me.

    Maybe not the entire model. They released the gameplay trailer.


    From the looks of it I don’t think you get access to any force ability’s. It might be only available to NPC. Also I don’t see any gameplay value in this pack & don’t understand what we’re suppose to really do? Lol. This is so far an easy pass
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’m still finding it very strange how the gurus haven’t said much about this pack at all usually by now they have answered a lot of questions. Whether it is due to the anger from a lot of fans or if they can’t say much as it’s a collab with Disney and are waiting for the livestream I don’t know. This is the quietest I’ve known them following a pack announcement.

    They're also apparently not doing a stream.

    Really? That's kind of worrisome if true. If they're not going to absolutely stand behind the amazingness of the pack and show everyone prerelease as they normally do, then the question is, "Why not?"

    I don't blame them with the vitriol thrown at them when the announcement came up but where did you hear or read this?

    SimGuruRomeo did the StrangerVille one in the studio and I wonder if they can't do a stream as they are all at home by themselves and refuse to do it alone without group moral support. I wouldn't!

    The StrangerVille one appears to have been done the day before that came out.



    They seem to be a reputable source and have been correct in the past so I trust them.

    At least we know we're getting cars by Apirl 2021 at the max?

    It's still not official so it doesn't mean squat.

    Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t they not sending it out to those people who get it for free early either? It seems weird to be that they’re allegedly changing their entire model for this pack. I know some people wait for those reviews from game changers to decide if they’ll purchase on launch, this smells like a wharf to me.

    I believe someone in another thread spoke to a Game changer who claimed that they only get the SW pack at release like everyone else. Can't back it up with proof though as I'm not acquainted to any Game changers myself.
    I think Disney has full control over their property this time around.

    I feel like the paranoid conspiracy theorist uncle at thanksgiving, no one invited me but I showed up anyway. How do so many people not see how strange and off this all is? I get people are excited, but I have serious side eye going on.

  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    To those who are coming on here just to tell me "not everyone votes omgggg", leave.


    Or read the entire long 🌺🌺🌺🌺 thread.


    I genuinely can't stand repeating one of the stupidest arguments to exist. I listed so many reasons and went into depth as to why it doesn't even matter. If you won't bother, I sure as heck won't bother reading your long comment either.


    Side-note: I feel like some of you are intentionally missing the point on here. You're literally trying so hard to miss out on what any of us are talking about. Newsflash kiddos, we're not judging by just likes or just dislikes. We're also not looking at the quantity of likes or dislikes (though, these are a lot let's not lie :# Wouldn't be proud of that!), but percentages. Shocked, I am too.


    Ugh this community can be so frustrating and clingy with "b-but some of us like the pack too!" We don't care, good for you, that's not at all what the thread is about, not even about hating the pack. Seriously, go enjoy it, we don't care. Pack it up.

    Well, it looks like they proved you right with their latest tweet so I guess this is the end of the discussion then, right?

    Which tweet?

    The tweet that replaced the other tweet.

    That's an unofficial tweet so it counts for jack squat. Still not sure wym.


    A bit of an old tweet
    Oh did you see this posted?





    They are just mocking us now.
    Seems like the regular and neutral blog kinda announcements which come out for every pack so no reason to feel any certain way.

    Indeed it's an old tweet. I'm very aware of that.
    "Do they enjoy watching the community flip out?" was sparked off by another tweet. That has been replaced with their current tweet.
    And look, they didn't even put Leia in!

    So the answer is yes, they probably do enjoy watching the community flip out.
    What else is this discussion about?

    Become an EA member and close this thread then. And if it bothers you so much why clicking? Is it that hard to ignore a thread you don't like.

    What are you even talking about?
    Nothing bothers me here. I'm just part of a discussion. I'm asking a 'genuine question' about this discussion, like OP asked a 'genuine question' in the title of their thread.

    I'm not allowed no? Somehow I'm here to cause trouble and get the thread closed? :D

    Please try harder at not making the sarcasm so glaringly obvious if you're going to keep pretending.

    Once again, pressed.

    Look. I'm not here to cause an argument. I came here to discuss the topic based on the opening post -which, due to an evolving situation- has changed now, so I also asked a question. I'm no more 'pressed' than anyone else who posted in this thread. I do however, sense that I overstayed my "welcome".
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Also, still didn't read what you said past the first and last paragraph so ok.

    see, you are constantly judging by incomplete information, that was my whole point and you just proved it again.
    But tbf you have that incommon with alot of people, especially on the internet....who than often wonder why nobody listens to them/takes them seriously and flip out over it, which makes them even more undesireable to listen to.

    Oh, I probly used too many words again didn't I?
    But who cares, you won't read it anyway :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 937 Member
    Honestly it doesnt matter if we love it or hate it. Its the dollar signs that carry the most weight.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Also, still didn't read what you said past the first and last paragraph so ok.

    see, you are constantly judging by incomplete information, that was my whole point and you just proved it again.
    But tbf you have that incommon with alot of people, especially on the internet....who than often wonder why nobody listens to them/takes them seriously and flip out over it, which makes them even more undesireable to listen to.

    Oh, I probly used too many words again didn't I?
    But who cares, you won't read it anyway :D

    Lmao plssss, I only gave up on your comment because you did so in the first place. Why would I put in effort when you didn't?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    To those who are coming on here just to tell me "not everyone votes omgggg", leave.


    Or read the entire long 🌺🌺🌺🌺 thread.


    I genuinely can't stand repeating one of the stupidest arguments to exist. I listed so many reasons and went into depth as to why it doesn't even matter. If you won't bother, I sure as heck won't bother reading your long comment either.


    Side-note: I feel like some of you are intentionally missing the point on here. You're literally trying so hard to miss out on what any of us are talking about. Newsflash kiddos, we're not judging by just likes or just dislikes. We're also not looking at the quantity of likes or dislikes (though, these are a lot let's not lie :# Wouldn't be proud of that!), but percentages. Shocked, I am too.


    Ugh this community can be so frustrating and clingy with "b-but some of us like the pack too!" We don't care, good for you, that's not at all what the thread is about, not even about hating the pack. Seriously, go enjoy it, we don't care. Pack it up.

    Well, it looks like they proved you right with their latest tweet so I guess this is the end of the discussion then, right?

    Which tweet?

    The tweet that replaced the other tweet.

    That's an unofficial tweet so it counts for jack squat. Still not sure wym.


    A bit of an old tweet
    Oh did you see this posted?





    They are just mocking us now.
    Seems like the regular and neutral blog kinda announcements which come out for every pack so no reason to feel any certain way.

    Indeed it's an old tweet. I'm very aware of that.
    "Do they enjoy watching the community flip out?" was sparked off by another tweet. That has been replaced with their current tweet.
    And look, they didn't even put Leia in!

    So the answer is yes, they probably do enjoy watching the community flip out.
    What else is this discussion about?

    Become an EA member and close this thread then. And if it bothers you so much why clicking? Is it that hard to ignore a thread you don't like.

    What are you even talking about?
    Nothing bothers me here. I'm just part of a discussion. I'm asking a 'genuine question' about this discussion, like OP asked a 'genuine question' in the title of their thread.

    I'm not allowed no? Somehow I'm here to cause trouble and get the thread closed? :D

    Please try harder at not making the sarcasm so glaringly obvious if you're going to keep pretending.

    Once again, pressed.

    Look. I'm not here to cause an argument. I came here to discuss the topic based on the opening post -which, due to an evolving situation- has changed now, so I also asked a question. I'm no more 'pressed' than anyone else who posted in this thread. I do however, sense that I overstayed my "welcome".

    Backpedalling so far that you brought me back to page 5, 4 and all the way back to 1 with comments that prove otherwise. Save it.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’m still finding it very strange how the gurus haven’t said much about this pack at all usually by now they have answered a lot of questions. Whether it is due to the anger from a lot of fans or if they can’t say much as it’s a collab with Disney and are waiting for the livestream I don’t know. This is the quietest I’ve known them following a pack announcement.

    They're also apparently not doing a stream.

    Really? That's kind of worrisome if true. If they're not going to absolutely stand behind the amazingness of the pack and show everyone prerelease as they normally do, then the question is, "Why not?"

    I don't blame them with the vitriol thrown at them when the announcement came up but where did you hear or read this?

    SimGuruRomeo did the StrangerVille one in the studio and I wonder if they can't do a stream as they are all at home by themselves and refuse to do it alone without group moral support. I wouldn't!

    The StrangerVille one appears to have been done the day before that came out.



    They seem to be a reputable source and have been correct in the past so I trust them.

    At least we know we're getting cars by Apirl 2021 at the max?

    Weren't they the people who reported that we are going to get cars some time ago. SimGuruGrant said that we weren't getting them at all in Sims 4.

    We're getting cars by April 2021 max according to them. Where did Grant say cars are never gonna be a thing? Can't remember that.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,878 Member
    To be fair, I can't accuse EA of lying about this pack, or any of the previous packs. But EA is very good at avoiding the truth, while hoping most players will buy anything new it produces before anyone notices that what they purchased is not what was expected. And this is happening with all its titles, Sims4 is just one game in a long list of buggy releases. This whole collab with Disney strikes me as a desperate attempt by both entities to shore up lackluster sales and the lack of interest in a theme park. In reality, what they have done is undermine their respective reputations, while trying to create interest in a poorly received movie trilogy and a game that continues to disappoint because it is being micro-managed by people who don't actually play the game. My respect for both of those corporations has been whittled down to almost nothing because of this newest offering from EA and Disney when it is painfully obvious the only thing that matters to them is a quick buck, and they don't care how low they need to go to make that happen. I have watched this 'gameplay' trailer and the reveal trailer, and see no reason to add this pack to my game. And it is, after all, MY game to play in a way that suits me. Adding a bunch of new costumes, reused animations from three past packs, CAS and B/B assets I will never use, coupled with a storyline that is reminiscent of the one in Strangerville, and I can find no reason at all to buy it. I might have purchased a pack like this one if it had been released as a standalone pack that would have no impact on my current game. The one thing I do see as a huge disappointment is the actual world that is gorgeous, and I would have loved to have seen it done as a theme park/destination world. That would have sparked some interest in me. And I think if EA had created this pack in a different way, with new activities that we haven't seen before, this pack would have been received in a more positive way and more players would be excited about it. Sims4 will go down in history as a game filled with missed opportunities, and this missed opportunity might be the saddest of them all.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Yoo, it's actually still not clicking for the devs


    They still think we're against Star Wars when that's not the issue
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yoo, it's actually still not clicking for the devs


    They still think we're against Star Wars when that's not the issue

    You should post the questions that she answered to. This is incomplete information. You can make anything from an answer if it’s taken out of context. You’re suiting your own narrative. Again.
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yoo, it's actually still not clicking for the devs


    They still think we're against Star Wars when that's not the issue

    You should post the questions that she answered to. This is incomplete information. You can make anything from an answer if it’s taken out of context. You’re suiting your own narrative. Again.

    No I should not, too lazy. Just click on the tweet and check the thread. I highlighted what's imp.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yoo, it's actually still not clicking for the devs


    They still think we're against Star Wars when that's not the issue

    You should post the questions that she answered to. This is incomplete information. You can make anything from an answer if it’s taken out of context. You’re suiting your own narrative. Again.

    No I should not, too lazy. Just click on the tweet and check the thread. I highlighted what's imp.

    :D:D:D
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yoo, it's actually still not clicking for the devs


    They still think we're against Star Wars when that's not the issue

    You should post the questions that she answered to. This is incomplete information. You can make anything from an answer if it’s taken out of context. You’re suiting your own narrative. Again.

    No I should not, too lazy. Just click on the tweet and check the thread. I highlighted what's imp.

    :D:D:D

    Ok.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 530 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yoo, it's actually still not clicking for the devs


    They still think we're against Star Wars when that's not the issue

    Omg :s
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

    12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

    My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,261 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Lmao plssss, I only gave up on your comment because you did so in the first place. Why would I put in effort when you didn't?

    No YOU started it! NO YOU! :Do:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 189 Member
    I just get the biggest kick out of the folks that seem to think that between Sims4 and Sims5 EA is suddenly going to start giving a rip about what its players want.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2020
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    I just get the biggest kick out of the folks that seem to think that between Sims4 and Sims5 EA is suddenly going to start giving a rip about what its players want.

    They have to. People will be more wary when the base game gets released and will stop themselves before getting succed (why is this word censored lol?) in again into the DLC hole.

    At least I will.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 4,301 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yoo, it's actually still not clicking for the devs


    They still think we're against Star Wars when that's not the issue
    With her mindset I see why the game has not improved in years.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 402 Member
    edited September 2020
    OMG this thread! I forget what the original post was about but plum...the laughs!



  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,516 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    If I look at it from EAs perspective which consummers are they targeting; Not me even though I want new adventures for my adventourous Sims. I own all the packs and selling to me is just one sale. They are not interested in players who play Sims 2 and 3. Neither those who haven't bought a pack since f.e City Living. They want new players, players who will buy both the base game and Stars Wars and if they get hooked even more packs. To attract new players they can't use a knitting pack, they need some very selling and there you have Star Wars. That is why they some time ago gave away the base game for free to attract new players
    I have been playing Maxis games since Sim City days, so sorry that stereotyping doesn't work. We have been complaining how Sims 4 only makes girly girl packs, so if targeting new people means attracting mature males, bring it on. Nice to get a pack that targets a new audience finally and families too.

    Anyways SimGurus were not forced by EA to make it, they wanted to make it:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top