Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2020
    The new Star Wars movie looks... different...

p0rwvfI.jpg

It is still a WIP but I've done the hard part at least!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

p0rwvfI.jpg

EEEK! Scary Star Wars!

I'd go to that!

By the way, your sharp-toothed female reminds me of the Wraith aliens from Stargate Atlantis.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

p0rwvfI.jpg

Uh oh ... Abeloth! 😱
  • Options
    I'm back! I missed this place :) RL was fun but very very busy, so nice when you do swing round and have 40+ new posts.

296678b32fc7565f0a5e119f21db51ee37e68bff.png
    I've been building and it has been so much fun. Now it is starting to look like a proper home.

38b41c3343e6cb33e80e3794289274391776b1fe.png
    Here we have the living-room and the parent's bedroom. Notice the doors out to the balcony faces the morning-sun. And away from the other balcony, glass-doors so need a little bit of privacy.

723bab8bb652ff64caeb2fb9deea167950a1e07a.png
    1:st lvl of the basement. On the left is laundry and a big closet to play in. Lot's of toys and the only bathtub because how can you otherwise clean up the dog or the toddlers. On the right hand we have all the stuff a nice little criminal empire needs to keep on going. Tactical screen to keep track of things, some juice fizzing and robotics. Kiddos and teens have stuff to do, they hang around and learn the trade. There is another basement but that one is strictly off-limits for anyone who is not an adult. Too much fun stuff down there :wink:

I needed a lot with landscaping and houses on different levels. I like it when you get up a bit from the main road, then it is much easier to "not see it" and just pretend you are somewhere else.

@SilentKitty this lot is really gorgeous! Will you be putting it up on the gallery?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    And today we got some awesomeness!

I’m ready!! Mandalore the Great sounds a lot like Mandalore the Ultimate, and we all know who fought him. I’m ready for her to be canon, man!

Totally ready for it too! It won't be broadcasted here until October 30. Is it the same in US, or are you getting it earlier?

Nope. Same date for us Stateside.

Ah! Last time we had to wait a couple of months until we got Disney+. I thought by then the entire Mandalorian box set would be available, since half the world had seen it, but no, we had to wait each week for a new episode. It was unfair. Very difficult to avoid spoilers. And obviously those Baby Yoda memes didn't help either. :D

I know how that feels. Back when star wars episode one was in the cinema, we had to wait for 5 months after the release in the US. (just checked: release may 19 in the US and October 13th over here) It was not the best star wars film in retrospect but I was so frustrated because I had to wait until it was already old news in the rest of the world. So I'm all for global releases on the same day.

I'm looking forward to the mandalorian.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've never seen the mandalorian, but that trailer... there was a cute ickle baby yoda!!! Awwww, I want him!

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 not sure if I dare to post this here, but.... it's the natural man!

Natural%20Man.PNG?dl=0

Sorry! LOL. The bottom left is how he downloaded without cc, then the bottom right is me trying to fix him without cc :D:D:D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'm back! I missed this place :) RL was fun but very very busy, so nice when you do swing round and have 40+ new posts.

I've been building and it has been so much fun. Now it is starting to look like a proper home.

Here we have the living-room and the parent's bedroom. Notice the doors out to the balcony faces the morning-sun. And away from the other balcony, glass-doors so need a little bit of privacy.

1:st lvl of the basement. On the left is laundry and a big closet to play in. Lot's of toys and the only bathtub because how can you otherwise clean up the dog or the toddlers. On the right hand we have all the stuff a nice little criminal empire needs to keep on going. Tactical screen to keep track of things, some juice fizzing and robotics. Kiddos and teens have stuff to do, they hang around and learn the trade. There is another basement but that one is strictly off-limits for anyone who is not an adult. Too much fun stuff down there :wink:

I needed a lot with landscaping and houses on different levels. I like it when you get up a bit from the main road, then it is much easier to "not see it" and just pretend you are somewhere else.

@SilentKitty this lot is really gorgeous! Will you be putting it up on the gallery?

If you like me to absolutely :) I will post here when it is up.

I would love to see a screenshot of your sims in it later.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 not sure if I dare to post this here, but.... it's the natural man!

Sorry! LOL. The bottom left is how he downloaded without cc, then the bottom right is me trying to fix him without cc :D:D:D

HAHA! The expression on his face! As if nothing happened... I love it! He doesn't need CC! :D:D
  • Options
    @GracieO312 your poster looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result!
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »

If you like me to absolutely :) I will post here when it is up.

I would love to see a screenshot of your sims in it later.

Deal! --Oh, boy, now I am committed to learning how to post screenshots. Urp.
  • Options
    I've never seen the mandalorian, but that trailer... there was a cute ickle baby yoda!!! Awwww, I want him!

Natural%20Man.PNG?dl=0

@elanorbreton I am so glad you posted that. He still looks pretty darned good without CC, but the contrast is striking. I have to say this is a very good advertisement for CC!
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... As you can see from the pics below, I uploaded a Sim with cc but I list the items and location of the cc I used under comments in case Simmers want to get her exact look. That little blue wrench on the left means cc was used to create this Sim in case you did not know it.

Custom-Content.jpg

Custom content items continued.
    Custom-Content-2.jpg

The only way Simmers will see your image is if under Advanced on the left hand side, they click Include Custom Content as you can see from this pic.
    Search-for.jpg

I mostly upload my cc sims to the Gallery because it is a back-up for me to find them. Usually, I will feature a Sims in a close up as you can see below without CC in case fellow Simmers want to use any of my Sims creations in their game but they don't use cc. I love CAS CC though like many other Simmers.
    Feature-3.jpg

I like the CAS items for this game pack. It is nice to have new items for when I throw my costume parties.

@Hearts4u That Sim is so beautiful...I can't stop looking at her.
  • Options
    Ryublue wrote: »
    Wonder why the First Order can't seem to find them, just look for the pregnant ladies waddling around, they're all in wadded coats as well so they're easy to spot. Hmph, incompetent stormtroopers.

I was wondering what was going on this that forest. I thought the protruding bellies were an appearance trait written in their alien genetic code. Clearly not.
    It’s because of all those cosy tents they have over there.

Hmmm...huddling together for warmth?
  • Options
    It's been at least 4 years since I used CAS in vanilla, but as promised a non-CC version of the Scoundrel is now up on the gallery. The hair is from Dine Out.
    Origin ID: CPTN_NXR7
    Name: Smuggler_NO_CC
    Indeed I'm not very original with names. :#
    Holo-No-CC-CU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @GracieO312 your poster looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result!

Thanks! :smiley:

There are definitely things that I'm not too happy with still but should look cool in the end!

Hopefully!

p0rwvfI.jpg

Uh oh ... Abeloth! 😱

This made me smile (not a creepy toothy one though) I'm actually not familiar with this character so I had to google who Abeloth was. Turns out she is a 'mother' (I may have got this wrong - I kept seeing 'Abeloth the mother' in search results) she's actually inspired by Jenova (that is her name as well) from Final Fantasy VII and she was a 'mother' too!

She is also involved with the Strangerville Mother in my story. I shall have to nickname her the Queen Mother haha :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    This made me smile (not a creepy toothy one though) I'm actually not familiar with this character so I had to google who Abeloth was. Turns out she is a 'mother' (I may have got this wrong - I kept seeing 'Abeloth the mother' in search results) she's actually inspired by Jenova (that is her name as well) from Final Fantasy VII and she was a 'mother' too!

She is also involved with the Strangerville Mother in my story. I shall have to nickname her the Queen Mother haha :lol:

Heh, yep! Abeloth was in the Expanded Universe (now Legends) as The Mother which had ties to the Clone Wars Mortis story arc (with the Father, the Son and the Daughter). I actually haven't read the Abeloth books because I'd stopped reading the EU at that point, but the pointy teeth seemed pretty apropos, and that was my first thought when I saw your poster.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I've learned that The Force is particularly Strong with This One. Storm Troopers literally drop at her feet...
    F-01.jpg
    F-02.jpg
    F-03.jpg
    F-04.jpg

She's glowing with it! :o

In the meantime someone else is feeling hungover due to the usual carry on.
    Hungover.jpg
  • Options

Heh, yep! Abeloth was in the Expanded Universe (now Legends) as The Mother which had ties to the Clone Wars Mortis story arc (with the Father, the Son and the Daughter). I actually haven't read the Abeloth books because I'd stopped reading the EU at that point, but the pointy teeth seemed pretty apropos, and that was my first thought when I saw your poster.

Haha yeah I just wanted her to look really different to my other Sixam aliens. The teeth helped make her look a lot more evil and sinister so she's stuck with them! I just finished watching the Mandalorian and now I'm probably going to start watching Clone Wars now. I just love the lore and side stories of Star Wars - I find them more interesting than the main story somehow! I don't know why haha!

I find it funny that there is only one human Sim in my entire poster and he looks a little lost! A bit like me trying to navigate the insane amount of Star Wars lore there actually is out there!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited September 2020
    Is this game really that good? So I sent in my A team, the best of the best, thinking that they would completly roul the game, but it is noway that easy as when I sent in my reserve team. Hondo was no where to be found, and when he showed up he was much more skilled at the card game. And the lieutenant in the first order, where do I find him?! He practily introduced himself when I used newby Sims
  • Options

Haha yeah I just wanted her to look really different to my other Sixam aliens. The teeth helped make her look a lot more evil and sinister so she's stuck with them! I just finished watching the Mandalorian and now I'm probably going to start watching Clone Wars now. I just love the lore and side stories of Star Wars - I find them more interesting than the main story somehow! I don't know why haha!

I find it funny that there is only one human Sim in my entire poster and he looks a little lost! A bit like me trying to navigate the insane amount of Star Wars lore there actually is out there!

I'll have to dig up the watch order for you. If you watch Clone Wars chronologically, it won't always make a lot of sense because they actually have the story arcs out of sequence, and not to give away spoilers, but season 7 is going to be hard. So much feels in that one.

There's a TON of lore! And it's slowly finding its way back into canon. Season 2 of the Mandalorian is going to be really interesting. It'd be crazy cool if we get some kind of history on the Jedi/Mandalorian War. All we know now is according to Kanan Jarrus which is that "the Jedi won the war" and that it may or may not have been around the same time that Tarre Vizla (of House Vizla which includes members like Shae, Pax, Pre, etc) made the Darksaber that Moff Gideon is currently running around with.

I went off to Batuu for a little while today as my simself. Wearing my TFE Detachment racing shirt, of course. If this year had been different, I would have been at the real thing a few weeks back, but 'vita sic est', as the Romans say.
    FToFFHS.png
    Posing front of the Falcon!

h3VbsYw.png
    Ran into Hondo at the Cantina.

Mknf0Rc.png
    Acquired an R5 droid. I've named him Skippy the Jedi Droid. i really hope he doesn't have a bad motivator again.

7p0kPdE.png
    Trying to make friends with the FOTKs.

s5jJWny.png
    Ooops, I might have said that biker scouts are better shots. Sorry not sorry. 😂

That was a fun little play through today. Treated it more like going to the park itself rather than being in Batuu. I'm still working on my Star Wars character save, but Leia and Han are expecting. So we'll have a little Kylo Ren Ben Solo and so are Del Meeko and Iden Versio. And they're having a girl, so Zay is a thing. Nothing's happening with my Jedi academy group though yet. They're living on a ship for a while, traveling around, but I'll have them settle down in Granite Falls to build the academy soon enough in some ruins. We're definitely not going to Yavin 4 for this one.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I did a bit of adventuring for all teams today. I have to say that resistance sims kicked my sims's butt out of their camp a lot more often than First Order who left my sim to plunder their holodesk and supply crates in peace as long as I was wearing their uniform and showing the proper ID.

Anyway, I finally bought a droid, I call him Rusty which is short for Rust Bucket. I thought the following you around was a given, but no, I need to make sure all the time that he does follow the follow protocol, otherwise I lose him, so now I just carry him around in the inventory. Here, he's watching my sim sleep.

9lj3oPw.png

I took him on a mission and he actually sat in his place on the fighter jet.

LeSjG9B.png

MjZHpgq.png

I also got a bunch of lightsabres, don't know what I'm going to do with all of them. Would have been nice to be able to display them on the wall like the ones from Get Famous. Here's my sim having friendly spars with Rey. I like that we can set a favourite lightsabre.

GWQrKeb.png

9sw5fjF.png

Fun highlight on Batuuan frogs which are as big as chickens. Better not to mess with them.

33KRsOx.png

huwLqUo.png

Also, my sim made a boyfriend in Batuu, some random Batuu citizen. All seemed fine, until one day he called to ask my sim on a date at the spa in Sulani. My sim accepts and then goes to Sulani. When she arrives, I see the boyfriend is also there but then he just poufs out and dissapears. I guess what happens in Batuu, stays in Batuu.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2020
    @isharell ... thank you, and I'm happy you like her. That is what I like so much about the Sims 4; it allows Simmers to create the type of Sims we want in our game. I enjoy creating diverse beautiful or handsome Sims. This game pack gives me the opportunity to add some more variety to my Sims who'll be working at my Star Wars style restaurant.

I'm going to do my best to recreate something similar to the interior of these Disneyland restaurants. Here are some pictures of the inside that I will take my inspiration from. Still working on finding pics of the outside of these places. This thread is the best.

Docking Bay 7 and Cargo at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
    Docking-Bay-7-Food-and-Cargo-at-Star-Wars-Galaxy-Edge.jpg

Docking Bay 7 and Cargo at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Photo 2
    Docking-Bay-7-Food-and-Cargo-at-Star-Wars-Galaxy-Edge-2.jpg

Disneyland's Oga's Catina
    Disneyland-s-Oga-s-Catina.jpg

Disneyland Counter Service Restaurant
    Disneyland-Counter-Service-Restaurant.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    For Simmers that can't use mods & cc.
    Get your sims to have level 10 in
    Fitness, Handiness, Logic, Mischief, Programming, Robotics, Rocket Science & Wellness skills. I suggest using the cheat codes, it's faster.
    Don't let your Vampires travel to Batuu, they won't be able to drink plasma.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    And today we got some awesomeness!

https://youtu.be/eW7Twd85m2g

I’m ready!! Mandalore the Great sounds a lot like Mandalore the Ultimate, and we all know who fought him. I’m ready for her to be canon, man!
    So excited. I loved the first season of it. It gave me a lot of Star Wars Nostalgia.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    For Simmers that can't use mods & cc.
    Get your sims to have level 10 in
    Fitness, Handiness, Logic, Mischief, Programming, Robotics, Rocket Science & Wellness skills. I suggest using the cheat codes, it's faster.
    Don't let your Vampires travel to Batuu, they won't be able to drink plasma.
    So stack up on plasma packs and fish? Or do you mean with Sims they can't drink them?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top