Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @Dannydanbo I admit I was most worried for you as I know how much you love to build. 😟

Thanks for your concern. I still plan on having a Star Wars save so I'm going to try and pick a world with little or no earth buildings in the distance and build houses and a bar there. I am thinking of creating sci-fi households from other TV shows and movies. Farscape, Firefly, etc. I may not be able to recreate them exactly but I might get pretty close. I'd love to create some type of Star Trek crew. I'm trying to figure out how to build some sort of ship to live in. I just need to pick one that I can build. Not the Enterprise but a small science ship or something. We'll see.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I watched the CAS review and I liked the fact that we can create those odd aliens in our worlds even if they are just costumes and hats. I kow we can create other worlds in our saves. I am a little disappointed that only one sim can go at a time "on vacation" but I understand why. I do find it odd to create so much toddler stuff when toddlers can't travel to Batuu. Yes, it will be useful in our created worlds but it is odd considering that they give us so little toddler stuff in other packs meant for our worlds.

Hmm... I am really glad that they had such cute stuff for toddlers because then we can dress the entire household in the same theme :)

I tried playing a medieval save once and just gave up because the clothes started circulation around town on random sims and it was a mess. These outfits works for me. If I get a hankering for a Non-electronic, pre tech, save again I will probably use these clothes. No neon colors or zippers that dates it as today. Think I can actually get rid of some other CC as well, yes! That leaves room for new stuff.

And jawa-costume for the kiddos <3
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,492 Member
    For me, the only positive thing about this pack is that i dont have to buy it :)

-empty, fake world

-checklist of chores , passed off as gameplay

-the new creatures are just regular sims in bodysuits. dont even have cool voices.

-the only reward is a light saber

- even if this game pack was slightly better, its still star wars , which doesnt belong in the sims.

**PEW** **PEW**

Ahh, sorry. "Triggered" again.

Yeah, I shot first.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I watched the CAS review and I liked the fact that we can create those odd aliens in our worlds even if they are just costumes and hats. I kow we can create other worlds in our saves. I am a little disappointed that only one sim can go at a time "on vacation" but I understand why. I do find it odd to create so much toddler stuff when toddlers can't travel to Batuu. Yes, it will be useful in our created worlds but it is odd considering that they give us so little toddler stuff in other packs meant for our worlds.

I actually prefer that it's all costumes and hats. Sim genetics are tricky when it's just two normal-looking sims having kids. I wouldn't want the engine to try to figure out how to make different really alien sims' children.

It is disappointing that only one sim can go at a time, but since I'm planning on having the entire game be Star Wars themed, they can go in groups to everywhere else. Despite the phone saying it's a vacation, Batuu is where you're going to do special missions.
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm kind of glad you cant date the star wars npcs then they cant get replaced by randoms

You don't need to date or marry to woohoo though. Could have just locked the option to marry or ask to join household. I'm not bothered by it but some people will be.

I wish they had done this, that's what I'd have liked. I've always wanted a similar system for Grim too but we don't have that either. Oh well, it's by no means a deal breaker!

Overall I'm liking what I have seen of the pack so far :)

Me, too. I'm actually hoping that modders will not only unlock romance options for the characters, but make it so that you can add them to your family and the game will create new randoms to take their place. I'm really not tied to the idea that Kylo Ren has to be the leader of the First Order forever.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

I actually prefer that it's all costumes and hats. Sim genetics are tricky when it's just two normal-looking sims having kids. I wouldn't want the engine to try to figure out how to make different really alien sims' children.

It is disappointing that only one sim can go at a time, but since I'm planning on having the entire game be Star Wars themed, they can go in groups to everywhere else. Despite the phone saying it's a vacation, Batuu is where you're going to do special missions.
    I'm kind of glad you cant date the star wars npcs then they cant get replaced by randoms

You don't need to date or marry to woohoo though. Could have just locked the option to marry or ask to join household. I'm not bothered by it but some people will be.

I wish they had done this, that's what I'd have liked. I've always wanted a similar system for Grim too but we don't have that either. Oh well, it's by no means a deal breaker!

Me, too. I'm actually hoping that modders will not only unlock romance options for the characters, but make it so that you can add them to your family and the game will create new randoms to take their place. I'm really not tied to the idea that Kylo Ren has to be the leader of the First Order forever.

Where is it stated only one can go at a time? I was going to take my newly weds :/
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Where are you guys getting this from that only Sim can travel at a time? I took this screenshot from English Simmer's review and she travelled to Batuu with 3 Sims.

5QE8fHB.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I've read a couple of reviews and I'm very happy. Looks like I'm getting pretty much what I expected to get (not what I wanted of course, I'd have to be able to live there and build to my heart's content for that - and Luke, Leia, Chewy and Han would have to be there too, sigh). I am disappointed that I can't buy a C-3PO of my own, but I do have DU. Maybe I'll build a Servo eventually and make it look as close as I can. I can always download or create any character I want to add.

I figured they would limit our interactions with Rey and KR and prevent us from changing much in the look of the game/world. That is why it looks like we won't get a Jedi lifestyle (darn it) - the Mouse doesn't want to share too much. They want to keep all that really special stuff under their own control/trademark. Also, now that I think about it, the NPC characters have to stay there, unchanged, so the gameplay doesn't get messed up.

I think I'll skip any more reviews, etc, like a lot of you are doing. I want to be surprised.

But it ain't gonna be easy! :#

You read some reviews? Can you give me a link? So far I only found videos but I would prefer to read it as well.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    The CAS would work so well in my civ building/survivalist save but I don’t think I would use the world 😩. I’m actually torn on whether or not to get this. Aesthetically I like it, but I wouldn’t use the gameplay.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Where is it stated only one can go at a time? I was going to take my newly weds :/

Yeah, this aspect bums me out too. I watched English Simmer's gameplay review and she wanted to bring three Sims but she had to do them one at a time. And when you get there, it makes you choose from specific Star wars outfits. And I believe she said it changed her Sim's skin tone from green to "normal" and wouldn't allow Aliens? Which I'm really hoping I understood wrong because it's my Alien that I was planning to send, along with some "droids" of her own.

I'm still excited for the pack, but I wish they would find a way to incorporate more multi-Sim gameplay because most things tend to be geared toward playing with a single Sim.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Yeah, this aspect bums me out too. I watched English Simmer's positive review and she wanted to bring three Sims but she had to do them one at a time. And when you get there, it makes you choose from specific Star wars outfits. And I believe she said it changed her Sim's skin tone from green to "normal" and wouldn't allow Aliens? Which I'm really hoping I understood wrong because it's my Alien that I was planning to send, along with some "droids" of her own.

I'm still excited for the pack, but I wish they would find a way to incorporate more multi-Sim gameplay because most things tend to be geared toward playing with a single Sim.

Whaaaaaat. OK well she found a way to get them all there so that's ok. But I'm taking an alien and alien hybrid. I hope the skin colour changing is a bug. Why would they bar aliens, that's so odd.
  • Options

Yeah, this aspect bums me out too. I watched English Simmer's gameplay review and she wanted to bring three Sims but she had to do them one at a time. And when you get there, it makes you choose from specific Star wars outfits. And I believe she said it changed her Sim's skin tone from green to "normal" and wouldn't allow Aliens? Which I'm really hoping I understood wrong because it's my Alien that I was planning to send, along with some "droids" of her own.

Ok, so the issue is that they can travel there in a group but can only do the missions one at a time. I get it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member

Hmmm.... I need an alien or any occult to go there....
    I was going to create a whole band of brothers to go there....
    Confused, I am.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

Hmm when you cheat to add Grim to your household the game replaces him with a new Grim Reaper so they could have done a similar thing with Kylo and Rey. In that case, if you had married Kylo he would have been replaced with a carbon copy of himself. Or they could have used the system that they used for ROM with the sages who just get replaced by a random townie. Either system would've worked for me.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member

Ok, so the issue is that they can travel there in a group but can only do the missions one at a time. I get it.

I see. I don't mind that. If only my hero can do the quest, but the rest will tag along, I'm OK with that. They all just meet up in the Cantina afterwards.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I am still not sure about this. I have been clicking around a few reviews (don't feel like watching the whole thing because I don't want to spoil the missions for myself), but English Simmer has 3 active Sims in her panel several times throughout her review. I do think you can take a group, however, they can only do the missions one at a time and the other Sims just chill in Batuu like when you send your Sims to work. At least that is what it looks like.
    Just to add: Everytime she is in the Cantina all 3 Sims are playable. When they are on a mission only one Sim is active.

we all try ...
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2020
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I've read a couple of reviews and I'm very happy. Looks like I'm getting pretty much what I expected to get (not what I wanted of course, I'd have to be able to live there and build to my heart's content for that - and Luke, Leia, Chewy and Han would have to be there too, sigh). I am disappointed that I can't buy a C-3PO of my own, but I do have DU. Maybe I'll build a Servo eventually and make it look as close as I can. I can always download or create any character I want to add.

I figured they would limit our interactions with Rey and KR and prevent us from changing much in the look of the game/world. That is why it looks like we won't get a Jedi lifestyle (darn it) - the Mouse doesn't want to share too much. They want to keep all that really special stuff under their own control/trademark. Also, now that I think about it, the NPC characters have to stay there, unchanged, so the gameplay doesn't get messed up.

I think I'll skip any more reviews, etc, like a lot of you are doing. I want to be surprised.

You read some reviews? Can you give me a link? So far I only found videos but I would prefer to read it as well.

I don't know how to link, but here are a couple. Maybe someone else can do the links in another post. I really liked the PC Gamer review.

CNN Underscored written by Jacob Krol
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/cnn-underscored/the-sims-4-journey-to-batuu-review-star-wars/index.html

PC Gamer review written by Christopher Livingston
    https://www.pcgamer.com/i-made-kylo-ren-my-bff-and-got-mind-tricked-by-rey-in-the-sims-4-star-wars-pack/

edited to say Oh gee, I guess I linked it ok myself! And, I hope they are not too spoilery.
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    [quote="LiELF;c-17643742"][quote="Truecrime_addict;c-17643602"]For me, the only positive thing about this pack is that i dont have to buy it :)

-empty, fake world

-checklist of chores , passed off as gameplay

-the new creatures are just regular sims in bodysuits. dont even have cool voices.

-the only reward is a light saber

- even if this game pack was slightly better, its still star wars , which doesnt belong in the sims.[/quote]

**PEW** **PEW**

Ahh, sorry. "Triggered" again.

Yeah, I shot first. [/quote]

....at least this is more and better gameplay that’s in this pack 😂
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It looks to me like EnglishSimmer traveled there with 3 sims together. I did not expect the missions to be grouped so that is fine by me. Have hopped a little back and forth in the videos, don't want to spoil myself too much :)

Edit: better to not feed the trolls :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,078 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hey y'all lets stay on track and just ignore any derailing. I repeat. Do not engage. 😀
  • Options
    Okay, so there are a few things that are a little bit disappointing, but certainly not a deal breaker for me. But what I saw that I loved:

OMG CAS!!! The styles are so awesome I can't even. They can be used in so many other ways, like general Sci-Fi, Apocalyptic, Cultist, Desert Culture, Explorer, Spiritualists... I absolutely love when there's a creative potential for flexibility. This CAS is incredible. And more Alien/costume options too!! STORMTROOPERS!!!

Build/buy!! @SimGuruNinja was saying on Twitter that the CAS and build/buy were the largest of any game pack! This fills me with love. <3

Um...JAWAS!! I had thought of it, had a tiny speck of hope in the Light Side of The Force that maybe...just maybe they'd have thought to make a Jawa outfit for kids. AND THEY DID!!! This alone has me so elated I can't throw my credits at Maxis fast enough.

Did I say Jawas? Seriously. JAWAS.

And even Toddler outfits! Kids and Toddlers can be dressed in these awesome styles! I'm always looking for more unusual designs for my younger Sims. SO GOOD.

The world looks AMAZING. Even though I hate rabbit hole locations, it really looks like they've set it up in a way that makes it really immersive and I can't wait to get my Sims over there.

Droids, lightsabers, gambling, robot DJ, cantina, resistance hiding in the forest, getting arrested by Stormtroopers, Kylo Ren being fierce, collectibles, etc.

My god. It's beautiful.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Okay, so there are a few things that are a little bit disappointing, but certainly not a deal breaker for me. But what I saw that I loved:

OMG CAS!!! The styles are so awesome I can't even. They can be used in so many other ways, like general Sci-Fi, Apocalyptic, Cultist, Desert Culture, Explorer, Spiritualists... I absolutely love when there's a creative potential for flexibility. This CAS is incredible. And more Alien/costume options too!! STORMTROOPERS!!!

Build/buy!! @SimGuruNinja was saying on Twitter that the CAS and build/buy were the largest of any game pack! This fills me with love. <3

Um...JAWAS!! I had thought of it, had a tiny speck of hope in the Light Side of The Force that maybe...just maybe they'd have thought to make a Jawa outfit for kids. AND THEY DID!!! This alone has me so elated I can't throw my credits at Maxis fast enough.

And even Toddler outfits! Kids and Toddlers can be dressed in these awesome styles! I'm always looking for more unusual designs for my younger Sims. SO GOOD.

The world looks AMAZING. Even though I hate rabbit hole locations, it really looks like they've set it up in a way that makes it really immersive and I can't wait to get my Sims over there.

Droids, lightsabers, gambling, robot DJ, cantina, resistance hiding in the forest, getting arrested by Stormtroopers, Kylo Ren being fierce, collectibles, etc.

My god. It's beautiful.

I'm so happy that you are glad :smiley:

Haven't looked too much but I felt that "coming home"-feeling I get when I once in a blue moon fire up SWTOR again. It really looks and feels like Star Wars. That makes me happy. And my sims are in desperate need of some adventure!
  • Options

My god. It's beautiful.

Haven't looked too much but I felt that "coming home"-feeling I get when I once in a blue moon fire up SWTOR again. It really looks and feels like Star Wars. That makes me happy. And my sims are in desperate need of some adventure!

Totally! I'm so looking forward to having another escape from the mundane. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

I thought I read somewhere that more outfits would be available as you rose up in the ranks of whatever faction you joined.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I don't know how to link, but here are a couple. Maybe someone else can do the links in another post. I really liked the PC Gamer review.

CNN Underscored written by Jacob Krol
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/cnn-underscored/the-sims-4-journey-to-batuu-review-star-wars/index.html

PC Gamer review written by Christopher Livingston
    https://www.pcgamer.com/i-made-kylo-ren-my-bff-and-got-mind-tricked-by-rey-in-the-sims-4-star-wars-pack/

edited to say Oh gee, I guess I linked it ok myself! And, I hope they are not too spoilery.

Thanks. I'll go check them out.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member

My god. It's beautiful.

This this this this.

I've been really bleh about the sims. There's days (weeks?) when I don't even log in because I'm not really interested in playing EcoLiving or knitting a sweater or whatever. But a trip to Batuu? Even virtually? Sign me up. I really don't want or need mindblowing gameplay for this. Just a chance to let my inner nerd (or outer nerd since they're usually one and the same) roam free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top