September 24 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

What year did you start playing your first The Sims game?

13...Next

Comments

• DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I played The Sims for the first time before its first expansion came out. It was the year 2000 and I was 12 years old. I played Sim city 3000 before I played The Sims. It was a very exciting and nostalgic time for me. The Sims was such a fun and addicting game. It brings so many good memories. My mom loved the game too.
  • Shellyrae593Shellyrae593 Posts: 18 Member
    Goodness guys, my smile is so big right now going down that memory lane😁. My son first introduced me to the game, though it was my sister who really got me playing. I use to play this game so much that I would dream of my Sims! I loved playing and going to the forum to read what other Sim players were doing. Often someone from Max is would come on to chat and ask what we wanted. We loved them and their work was on point!! The Sims 1 was fun but when they come out with The Sims 2!!!! Wow. 3&4 are good because of its graphics. Enjoyed 3 way more than 4, color wheel but 2 is still my favorite.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 6,976 Member
    edited September 19
    2015-2017
    2017 (started playing Sims 3) - after suffering a near-fatal bout with pneumonia (near total lung-blockage); was too busy raising a family and earning money till then. I was a thirty year old adult when Sims 1 came out (working in real estate); My wife @Featherbelle had our second child the year Sims 2 came out so I was too busy helping to raise our children back then to bother with Sims 2. Started a photography business in 2006 and was busy with that through 2009 when Sims 3 came out. Still was too busy with photography in 2014 when Sims 4 came out.

Won't buy Sims 4 at all. the lacklustre and linear "drag players around by the nose" gameplay gives me no interest and I'm not tossing money into the garbage. Especially not one red cent of what I worked my *** off for.
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

"The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf