The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What year did you start playing your first The Sims game?

12346...Next

Comments

• CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    1999 (TS1 pre-release tester)
    It was a disc that was mailed to a step cousin of mine. I watched, learned, and got to play. I wasn't yet 12 yrs old yet.
    He let me play for nearly a whole hour the next time. Few months later I got to have my own in 2000, but it was cool I got to test his before the game was in stores.
  • CamarieSimsCamarieSims Posts: 30 Member
    1999 (TS1 pre-release tester)
    1999 - I remember this distinctly because for my High School graduation, a friend of my Mom's called her and asked if I would be interested in trying a new game out that was marketed towards Teens. I received it in the mail, along with a survey(?) and it was only for so many hours. But I could be mistaken. It also came with a discount code for the release copy of the game. *shrug*
    FYI, now known as insomniacsims on Simblr and Origin; profile picture is an old makeover of Zoe Patel
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    2001-2002
    I was in high school when TS1 came out. A friend had it, and we stayed up all night playing it. I got a new computer for my birthday in 2001, and I used some of my birthday money to buy TS1.

Fast forward almost 20 years, and now I'm at a point in my life when I can relax with a game like The Sims. I'm a husband and a dad, and our daughter is almost old enough to play The Sims herself. I have TS3 and TS4, and I'm enjoying them both for different reasons. My wife and daughter enjoy following along, and they'll sometimes suggest things for my Sim to do (or not do).
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • OrianasSimSOrianasSimS Posts: 17 Member
    I start playing the sims on day one! I remember I love this so much. Every time a new expansion or new game came up, I would simply enter my bubble and explore it like crazy. Still do it, after all these years.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    2005-2006
    I was 5 or 6 when my older sister introduced me to Sims 2
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member
    I can't remember what year I started playing, but I have been playing since Sims 1. I think there were still EP's being released.

I got Sims 2 after a few EP's were released and then after playing that for awhile I went through a phase where I lost interest and didn't play again until Sims 4 came out, so I completely missed out on 3. It's a shame really, because it sounds like it's awesome, but I can't justify spending the amount of money that it would cost to get that and all it's expansions when I'm already invested in Sims 4.
  • GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    I put 2000 because I remember being 10 years old (90's child born early in the year). So, it was either mid/late 2000 or VERY early into 2001. But, we had gotten a computer in the house. A Gateway computer, Sims 1 came bundled with it. That was my first PC game and my love for The Sims, always used my allowance to get any new expansion packs when they came out. When the Sims 2 came out, I was awe at how much had changed and everything that we could do and to this day (Sims 2 is still my favorite - and my argument on cars won't work in a non-open world........ we even had helicopters and spiral staircases) had almost everything collected for this one... little cousin got a hold of my disk and scratched it and I missed the Origin give away due to serious PC problems, so this one is sadly in the past for me now. Sims 3 once again put me in awe with open worlds... but, once the lag started setting in. That faded quickly, but... still enjoyed it. Sims 4, I like Sims 4. But, it's never sparked an awe moment... more of... really? is this seriously a feature??? or another a bug?
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited June 2021
    2009-2011
    Man, it always baffles me how much % of this community started in 2000. That's absolutely wild. I hardly even knew it existed until like.. 2008, honestly. And I was only 4 in 2000, AND the eldest child. My parents would NEVER. I was still playing toddler games at the time!

Anyway, I got The Sims 3 shortly after its launch in 2009. Somehow I feel like a newbie here due to this, but come on! That is still 12 years.....

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2021
    2009-2011
    I started in 2011. I was in middle school then and I already had My Sims on the Wii. It was a good game, but I wanted more. So I somehow came across The Sims 3 on youtube and I was instantly hooked! I bought the game and then I ran out of sim money on my first house. I had a lot of ugly carpeting, unpainted walls, and bare-bones furniture.

I remember a few years before that I had no knowledge of the series but my mom was eyeing The Sims 2 for me. She called it the game "where you knock everything down and build it back up". For whatever reason that plan fizzled out.