Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

What year did you start playing your first The Sims game?

1235...Next

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 279 Member
    2015-2017
    I wish I could erase my memory and start playing Sims again for the first time, the learning curve was so amazing! I remember for example moving in tree Sims in an apartment in San Myshino, this was Sims I put a lot of effort into creating, it took about tree minutes for one of my Sims to be killed by fire when grilling on the balcony. I was so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off! I restrated my game and it took two minutes for another one of my Sims to burn to death in the simular fashion!
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 53 Member
    2009-2011
    My really first sims games were The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Pets for DSi. On 2013, when I got my IPad, I played with The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Medieval, and during that period I heard about the Sims 4 and on 2014 I asked it for Christmas to my parents; the first time I played it was on January 2015.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 153 Member
    2007-2008
    2007-2008 i started playing and becoming a simmer! It was the sims 2 for PSP. My dad actually returned the game thinking simlish wasn't a made up language.. lol. But anyways i started playing it as it was fun, then i got the sims 2 for PC. i wasn't 18 but my dad let me play the game as it was fun! i loved playing the sims 2. years later, i got the sims 3 for pc and DS. Now i got the sims 4 and own some of its eps.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 49 Member
    2018-2020
    The $5 special was enough of a deal to get this tight wad to give it a try, and in the three months since I've purchased Get Together (mainly for the world of Windenberg) and Jungle Adventure, so I'm fairly certain I'm addicted.
  • maxissims1maxissims1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Last year was my first time with The Sims 4.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 72 Member
    2009-2011
    my mom got the Sims 3 when it first came out, so I was 6 or 7 at the time. She had it on a potato laptop from like 2004, so it was borderline unplayable. I have many memories of crying when the game would crash and burn in front of me lmao. I still had a lot of fun with it though, and I used to play it everyday after school. My mom saw that I liked it so much that she dug out her old copy of TS1 + house party and livin large, and so I also played Sims 1 a lot around this time. When I was around 8, I got YouTube, and I became obsessed with Sims 2 videos, mostly machinimas and the producer walkthroughs, on top of World Adventures being released while I was going through an Egypt phase. So I begged my parents for a laptop of my own, and throughout the many holidays following that I ended up with basically all xpacs
    1,2, and 3 by the age of 10.
  • SamDennySamDenny Posts: 282 Member
    2020. Would've been sooner if not for SimCity 2000, 3000, 3000U, and Sim City 4 =P.
    My Denny Family Tree: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5fc140014f6f670008814921
    Last Updated: April 4th
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,047 Member
    My name has a 39, my age when I started with Sims 2.
    I'm 53 now, and still playing.
  • LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 14 New Member
    2009-2011
    I think it would have been sometime around 2009 or 2010. I had a playstation 2 and I'd never heard of the Sims, but I saw Sims 2 Pets for PS2 at gamestop and wanted it because it had animals in it. I also had regular Sims 2 on the PS2 but didn't play it that often. About a year or two later, I got Sims 3 on PC and have been playing that ever since.