Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor: Clean or dirty?

GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
Obviously the goal of the Eco Lifestyle expansion is to turn Evergreen Harbor into a beautiful green paradise, but I've been reading many comments from simmers who want to keep it dirty and inhospitable, simply because we don't have any other world like that, or for other reasons. What will your Evergreen Harbor be like?

Evergreen Harbor: Clean or dirty? 189 votes

Clean!
30%
auroraael14BreeSashaIcewolfCabelle1863aelias24AlrynnmcruddMeteoraStormMariefoxprice83simgirl1010MagdaleenafriendlysimmersLustianiciawrenstalesashcrash19PlumbobCrossingInsaneStarkatka_kynclovaChampandGirlieRipleyrawr 57 votes
Dirty!
50%
CK213LeGardePourprealexspoom13alan650111CamkatcandystormasimbsimStrangerthanelanorbretonAnmirlakwanzaabotPaigeisin5jimbbqslamondaCinebaralanmichael1FairyGodMothersimlicious2015PegasysJerrello 96 votes
Other (please explain)
19%
crocobauraBlkBarbiegallove7680Isb917BloosmoomercuryfoamliliaethluthienrisingloubyloulouMoonfoxNightcryDevilNDisguiselovemy4stexxx78Movottiryttu3kHermitgirlScobreMDianaSimsRedShoe7Pamtastic72 36 votes

Comments

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2020
    Clean!
    I'd like to clean it up, but only so it's not full of trash and smog anymore. The green stuff is neat, but adding it is not my biggest priority. I just want to get rid of the pollution.

People wanting to keep it dirty reminds me of the people who wanted the dystopian future in TS3: ITF. Probably a really fun gameplay scenario, but not really my thing. Still glad it's an option, though.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Clean!
    Clean because I'm looking forward to the game play aspect of cleaning it up... but I'll probably let it get dirty again after or start new saves so I can do it again and again haha!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Dirty!
    Ahh yes! I canfinaly create an apocalypstic town. I can imagine where I will make it clean to see the effects, but after that, supernatural sims are going to invade the town and after that, destroy the whole city that turns into a rundown state with supernatural sims attacking normal sims, and normal sims being infected by the Fruit from StrangerVIlle.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dirty!
    My slob sims need somewhere to call home.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Clean!
    Clean, I don't like smog and pollution. But for story telling purposes it is good to have the option.

I wonder how many stages there are. Strangerville has 4 if I recall correctly and island living has 3. So there might be some phase in between.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Both!
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Somewhere in the middle, if possible. I'm hoping it's more like a sliding scale, rather than two binary options. I'd like a bit less smog and trash, but I want to keep the industrial feel and I don't want too much green everywhere.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I do like the look of the clean town more but I am not sure how much effort it will require from my sim to keep it clean. If I will have a sim living there permanently, it will probably eventually become a clean city, but if I will only visit occasionally, then it will remain quite polluted.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm conflicted. On the one hand, like I said in the opening post, the dirty, foggy look is something unique to this world and worth keeping for that reason alone, in my opinion. On the other hand, the aurora borealis that can only be seen in clear skies is also unique to this world, and not making an effort to go green presumably means missing out on a huge chunk of gameplay. Since I only play one save, and I do want to experience the new gameplay, I'm leaning more towards the clean look, but I'm not sure yet.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Dirty!
    I want it dirty full of crime and poverty! That should give my sims some challenge.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Dirty!
    I want it dirty full of crime and poverty! That should give my sims some challenge.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Other (please explain)
    If I end up getting it I would like to keep it dirty but I feel the sims will have a constant negative moodlet which would get irritating quickly. So I’m undecided.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I'm gonna have it both ways, with different saves.

Dirty and grungy works for somethings, while an eco world works for others.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Other (please explain)
    For me it will depend on the save. I like both versions and I do need more information about how the pollution system will work.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dirty!
    Of course I've not completely decided yet, but my current plan is to play through the cleaning up scenario in my neglected other save and then in my main rotational save I would hopefully keep the world dirty. But I'll have to see how it works out. If there's an option to clean up and then make it dirty again, I'm also interested in that and I would scale it all out through generations.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dirty!
    All the existing worlds are clean, I see no reason to clean Never green Harbor .

It's the only world which can make the sims sick by breathing.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Dirty!
    Would be fun to have it as a dirty apocalypse world, especially if we get Werewolves in the future :D

It'd also go well with the zombie mod >:3
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Clean!
    i say clean is better i prefer as a player a clean world
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other (please explain)
    I won't be able to decide until I see the world itself and, more importantly, if I can have other "dirty" worlds (I'd pick Oasis Springs as my apocalyptic world).
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other (please explain)
    I have many save files and I will have both clean and dirty versions of the world, depending on the Sims I play with and their stories.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I'm gonna play around with it a bit before I really decide. I really want to see the world first. Like, say if it's actually a pretty nice looking world, I might not be able to keep myself from making sure it's clean. Or maybe I'll go "halfway". It all depends.

Buuut. I am one who is considering leaving it dirty because we don't have any worlds that are run-down and groddy. So we'll see.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other (please explain)
    My town will go both ways. I'm not going to limit it to one only state. It will depend on the save.

Eta if it can go back and forth i will have it clean and dirty in the same legacy, through generations.
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Clean!
    I feel like dirty would be so depressive looking.
  • Options
    HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Depends on the save but I will probably aim for clean for most of my games
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Both! Clean and green in my main save, but definitely doing at least one dystopian-esque save with it dirty.