Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I finally got the the Wedding day, so excited. Things went badly, however. One needs a manual for this pack! I stumbled across a few things and decided to exit without saving. I'm mean it was crazy-insane! Erik's mother, Louise, a Proper Celebrity for her art, got between the couple and the Officiant, trying her hardest to get noticed. Waving her arms over her head, jumping up and down. Those of you who have Get Famous, would be quite familiar with it. Oil I took pictures, but I was so disappointed, I decided to exit without saving. I was exhausted, it was no better than the previous catastrophes I've experienced before this pack. Oh, well. I will post an update when I get up the emotional fortitude to try it again!
    \
    I think Sandi is assaulting the priest, while Louise, in light Teal, is on her way to becoming entangled in the ceremony. Can't find the picture where she's making a general nuisance of herself. I think at the time I opted to not take the snapshot. So sorry, I didn't now. LOL
    MFPhmtt.jpg

@GalacticGal I am sorry to hear that your wedding went so badly, I know you spent a long time working up to that. Hopefully You can find a way to salvage it and try again. I was actually looking forward to reading your post about it today. Lately I have gave up on traditional marriages with my sims and I just put down a pretty wedding arch in a nice spot in town somewhere and have a spur of the moment get married with no invites type of thing, Vegas without Vegas style wedding, lol. I have not even bothered to look at the My Wedding Stories pack, I have not heard good things about it and I just now got around to Cats and Dogs. I have found out that I am not fond of that pack either. I do not like sick pets all over the place and the Vet does not work. I have went through all the Neighborhood story settings and turned off adopt a pet for every single Sim. I just raised a dog the last few days that basically is the same thing as having a toddler without knowing what their needs are. I raised a Loyal, smart, and vocal Dog from a puppy that had bad traits but My Sim never left the house or the puppy alone, it was worse then raising a toddler bc Pets You can not see the needs bar you never really know what the problem is. Sim pets are harder than real life one's. It is a good thing I like some of the decorations and build items and I got it on sale or I would really not be happy with it. Needless to say I have no story to report bc I did nothing but mess with the Dog yesterday. Can anyone recommend which game pack I should get for building and game play between the following packs: These are the one's I am looking at and do not have yet. I am open to suggestions on all of them though. I still do not have .. StrangerVille, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle ( I am on the fence about that being fun or a pain in the but), Paranormal pack, and Movie hang out, can anyone tell me what one's that are buggy to avoid and what ones they really like. Believe it or not the last pack I purchased that I really ended up liking the clothes and what it added was laundry day and I thought I would hate it but I liked the clothes so I got it. My Sim Oliver loves doing laundry and watching it, he likes to try adding new things to wash cycle to see what it does.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited March 2022
    I finally tried again, armed with the information I garnered during my second attempt. LOL Third time's a charm, I guess.
    You can find it on page 948 of the What happened in Your Game Today thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18084819#Comment_18084819
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Over the next week and a half, Maxwell's brother called at least 10 more times (I stopped answering the phone after that), so I either have a very weird bug or the brother has lost his mind. Knowing his character, not sure what's more likely 😆. I checked on him and as I assumed, no baby on sight and no one is pregnant. Either way I am going to play his household next and perhaps give him a baby or two, if he is so desperate.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Katie Gilmore moved to Tartosa with her boyfriend Alexander Goth after she had aged up into a young adult. This happy couple is just starting their life together. Alexander will propose to Katie soon. I'd like them to have a wedding ceremony, because Katie has a big family, but I don't think it's going to work, too many bugs. They'll probably just have to elope. :/

Katie started a career as a doctor and Alex is a painter.

Ygjm8i2.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    First meeting of the Fiction Addiction book club. Not much reading going on but lots of eating and getting to know one another.

BGP9HIW.png
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Nathan and Brianna have had their first baby. A boy they named Bartholomew. <3
    Nathan is a "Hero" of Strangerville. He's also doing quite well as a Conservationist. Brianna is an upcoming Scientist with the cloning machine, satellite dish and (not-yet-fully-functional) wormhole under her belt.
    No word yet if young Bart has inherited his father's magical genes. o:)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Brighe graduated from University today, with a degree in Communications. She'll be joining the Charity Organizer career and moving into her moms' old penthouse apartment next.

On Friday, she had a graduation party at her dorm with friends and family. Her Moms, though elders, still had it going on when it came to campus parties. Here is one of them doing a keg stand (autonomously) when the party kicked off.
    626119a155542eb01d8693946cbf0b8a66147896.jpg
    She was also thrilled to find that the BFF she made while living on Campus, Winnie, graduated the same day as her and they took a selfie together to commemorate the moment.
    8c7e6f31e4989e7ea0f5892381f38e543642753a.jpg
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Well, to sum it up, I sent Erik and Kayleigh on a 3-day Honeymoon. They stayed in Del Sol Valley for their first night. Erik had the Starlight Accolades to attend. He was nominated for the sixth time. So, late Sunday, they beamed themselves to Mt. Komorebi to one of the rentals close to the Bunny Slopes. Unfortunately, they were surrounded by three Paparazzi, right inside the small dining room, plus a Fan. Several more were gathered just outside, too. I sent them away via MCCC cheats, but got a tad vexed when the mod failed for the very first time. Then it dawned on me I had locked the doors for everyone but the household. Face/palm. I unlocked the doors and got rid of the uninvited guests. Erik did sign an autograph for the Fan, and posed for the Paparazzi, first. I decided they would try a very early morning run at the Bunny Slopes.

Got them dressed into their snow gear, but they couldn't get out of the lot. They just stood upstairs waving their arms and saying whatever it is they say. After a time, I thought maybe Mt. Komorebi had problems after the patch. I sent them back to The Cantrell House in Del Sol Valley. I had Joseph pay his bills, so they wouldn't be cut off. Erik performed a quick concert and did a small bit part in a major movie and then I took the couple to Sulani, the original Honeymoon place. Again, I had problems. Neither of them gave a hoot to what was in their queue, in fact, when the director and his team arrived for Erik to do his role, Erik decided to take a swim. This after the director took a dip, first. I never did see her again. :open_mouth: That's where I left things for the day. I'm realizing, now, as I think more about it, that it's likely the broken Road to Fame mod, which was working fine in my game, despite the modder declaring it broken. But, now the things cited as malfunctioning are slowly appearing in my game save, too. I have a hard decision to make. Remove the broken mod (I can use MCCC to supplement his income) and he'll still be able to write songs since this comes with GF. He'll lose his albums, but since he's only released four of them, and I know he gets the royalties daily, at §750.00 per album, that too can be supplemented. I just don't know if the save, itself, is irrevocably borked. Or start again without the aide or RTF to help him actually have a singing career. Ah, me …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    This was yesterday, and not today. The only reason I am posting it now, is that I played before bed, and had to work today.
    Anyway, I was on a Sims 4 CC site, I had gotten my K/DA Sims some the same site. Well, I went back, and got some Miraculous Ladybug characters. Just the super hero forms, not their original selves. So, I had Chat Noir, Chat Blanc, and Misterbug. They are three versions of Adrien's alter egos. Two are heroes, and one is a villain form. I made the three of then brothers since they are the same character. I also had Ladybug, and her other form Chat Noire. I made them twins. Finally, I included Rena and Carapace. I made them all teens.
    The seven of them moved into a house I downloaded from the Gallery. Chat Blanc was the first one into the house, and went to the computer. The other six stayed out and chatted. Misterbug and Chat Noire did go inside briefly to check out the house. Carapace and Rena chatted together, and so did Ladybug and Chat Noir. Afterwards, I had them start their homework. Everyone, but Chat Blanc did their homework together. Chat Blanc did his homework far away from them, and alone.
    When they were done, I decided to have the respective pairs flirt with each other. Carapace and Rena already got along, and spent their time together, so the slight push to romance wasn't that hard. Misterbug and Chat Noire didn't spend too much time together, but their flirting was successful. Chat Noir and Ladybug were awkward, they like each other, but they kept screwing up on their flirting. Chat Blanc is forever alone.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    The Claymore-Graft family is on vacation in Granite Falls. Weather forecast is rain and thunderstorms pretty much all week.

01-Playing-in-rain.jpg

02-Rain-storm.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow That's a bummer. You plan a get-away to get out of the house, presumably, but then the weather decides otherwise. Pictures came out great, though. And at least your Sims didn't have to worry too much about the Toddlers wandering off and getting lost …
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I grew up doing long camping trips mostly in the rain. So, they'll definitely be getting out and doing stuff even in the rain, whenever there isn't actual lightning happening. :grin:

I have LittleMissSam's "protective raincoats" mod, which I love, because raincoats actually keep them dry (as raincoats should). So they can do stuff with their hands free (like fishing, playing, collecting stuff etc.) without getting soaked.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Darren and his buddies hit up the Del Sol Valley nightclub, which happened to be the happening place of the hour.
    Also present was Michelle (black) and Lily (blue), two B-listers from a musical channel.
    5ru23Dc.png

It's not every day the boys are in Del Sol, mingling with stars.
    And Darren, being in the entertainment industry himself, thought to have a leg up when it comes to connecting.
    6tllr89.png
    Now he's always had a way with the ladies... in his mind. Truthfully, those gallivanting days aren't what they used to be.
    And that lifestyle doesn't excite him much anymore.
    But with Michelle he was confident about a certain spark. Something he's never felt before.
    zvKM2L9.png

As he knows her, Michelle Strafer is not one to mince words. Despite his confidence Darren was half expecting to get shot down.
    54V2G2n.png

But no, this won't be the last time they meet.
    After securing her digits before the night ended, yeah, he's sure of it.
    7RhfMig.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I grew up doing long camping trips mostly in the rain. So, they'll definitely be getting out and doing stuff even in the rain, whenever there isn't actual lightning happening. :grin:

I have LittleMissSam's "protective raincoats" mod, which I love, because raincoats actually keep them dry (as raincoats should). So they can do stuff with their hands free (like fishing, playing, collecting stuff etc.) without getting soaked.

I just recall my very first Camping Trip with the Girl Scouts. I was in the fourth grade and we got rained out. I also recall my older brother grumbling that he had to help clean-up our muddy campsite. The dads were called for help. My Dad is likely the one who grabbed Marc and said, let's go. LOL We were on a bit of a slope, told to pitch our tents with the flaps facing downward. Some did, and some didn't. Oopsie!
  • Options
    I played the same save file that I started the other day, which is my Miraculous based one. I kind of regret making them teens, since after school they had so many issues to take care of. They all hate school, and are always in a bad mood after they get home from it. I downloaded a house from the Gallery that had two bathrooms, plenty of rooms, and other things that put them all back in a good mood.
    Now to the game play, Chat Noir and Ladybug were still awkward in their flirting, Ladybug kept rejecting Chat for some interactions. Even though both of them wanted to make out with each other. After school each day, once I took care of their needs, and homework was done, Chat and Ladybug did interact. Slowly their relationship built up to where Chat got the chance for is first kiss with Ladybug. Thankfully, it worked, and even though Ladybug rejected when he asked her to be his girlfriend, they did end up together. They are currently going steady.
    As for the other teens, Rena and Carapace are still getting along, I neglected them in order to get Chat and Ladybug together. They did homework together, and tended to hang out with each other. They did flirt, but I was focused on other pairings.
    Chat Noire and Misterbug continue to hit it off with each other, and Chat Noire is pretty bold with her pick up lines. They still aren't to the point of a first kiss, but their interactions have been better than Chat and Ladybug's interactions. All their actions have been positive with each other.
    Chat Blanc on the other hand, despises school, and tends to keep to himself. He did get playful a few times, and interact with Chat Noir, but that was about it. He tends to keep to himself, and he is the only one with his own room, which he tends to hide in.
  • Options
    theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member

Starting my "Sims Saga" with one of my favorite families from The Sims 2, The Broke Family! Dustin, his mom Brandi, and little brother Beau have just recently moved into a two bedroom apartment in Evergreen Harbor. Far away from the comfort of his old neighborhood of Pleasantview, Dustin is longing to fit in and make some friends here. As he went for a walk around the new apartment complex he saw a very attractive girl dressed in her scouting uniform. Approaching her was easy as Dustin has an already well developed charisma trait. Her name was Sophia. She was not from the area just passing through this way to catch the bus back to Brindleton Bay. Dustin and Sophia conversated for sometime exchanging numbers and promising she would meet up with him again. Friday finally came and Sophia was back in the Harbor for her scout meeting. This time Dustin convinced her to hang out for awhile with him. They watched movies, ate some snacks, and talked about their life. Dustin was definitely developing some feelings for Sophia and decided to make his move. The night ended in a goodbye kiss (Dustin's first kiss)! Despite his life being somewhat crappy as his mom's personal babysitter, Dustin thinks he may have found love with his new "girlfriend" Sophia.

51972396600_0b605bb4df_k.jpgBroke Family by Theemaskedsimmer, on Flickr

51970838627_2a13310450_k.jpgBroke Family by Theemaskedsimmer, on Flickr

51972130789_af0ce9ae40_k.jpg03-03-22_2-09-26 PM by Theemaskedsimmer, on Flickr

51971912683_b1e2d111e1_k.jpgBroke Family by Theemaskedsimmer, on Flickr
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member

I'm enjoying Neighborhood Stories as a thing that happens in the background.

Also I got Morgan Fyres all the way through college in a two-day binge session! She picked up the guitar, smooched a girl, flirted with a professor, became one of Britchester's Spirit Squad leads, completed her party aspiration and worked hard to get that Communications degree to become a journalist.

Do not recommend not going to uni without that research and debate boost but I considered it a challenge this time. Also thanks to grieving for a lost aquantence, she formed hatred of classical music meant that her fun DIPPED HARD when going to the dining hall. Thanks neighborhood stories for the challenge...but also I have Meaningful Stories up so I felt it was taking a bit long for a relationship I wasn't invested in.

Man, I like uni for the time management challenge. And it eats up a good portion of my young adult long timespan life, appropriately enough.

And also she got a makeover which you can find here! Might swap out some of the more 'homey' vibes back into that modern electric Windenburg style...if she gets into electronic music.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Through what I call Player Malpractice, I managed to lose the save I had meticulously taken hours to set up this past Tuesday. So, yesterday, realizing the file was nowhere, I started it all over again. Happily, with the save that was lost, I had carefully uploaded each of the families and the venues and lots I wanted, so I wouldn't have to search for them. A new save begins on Sunday. I placed my Cantrell family last. Because I spent time in the other households, it was later in the Sim day morning, than when I started Lost Save. But, Erik and his siblings got straight to work doing their homework. I'm now using the Showtime Mod to allow for a singer Sim, so I had him select Singer from the list. He chose a gig and earned about §250 for it. I have mods that allow for each Sim in a household to have their own account, so I got busy and with a few clicks, Erik had an account of his own. He deposited his earnings. :) Later in the evening (after I called an end to the Welcome Wagon) I sent the family down to NewCrest, so that Erik could be a contestant in the Karaoke Contest. (I learned something new. I always thought the contestant had to stay there until the end of the contest if he was to win.) The family stayed, but Erik had yet another gig. With this mod the more gigs a Sim does, the more he'll rise in fame. So, I reluctantly sent him from the bar to the gig (rabbit hole). Most of his family went home, after it was announced that Erik won. Erik returned to the bar and his older brother, Aaron, and their Dad, Joseph were there to give him the news. They all went home and the kids went to bed. Well, everyone but Erik. He was wound up and began writing a song on the Digi-electronic piano thingie. His fame level is a green bar kissing that first star. He did live stream the contest, which helps. And that's about it after having to set up anew.
  • Options
    Today, I played a bit of my K/da Evelyn and Ahri household. Last time Evelyn had a child with Don, and later on got pregnant by him again. Her first son I named Damian, who I aged to a toddler. Evelyn and Don are more couple with benefits, without being completely committed to each other.
    Today, I played Evelyn until she had her second child to Don. I had Evelyn work from home to take care of Damian. Her job is in fashion, so she was able to work from home, with the exception of having to leave to interview some Sims. Ahri's job was later in the day, so she was able to watch Damian when Evelyn was out interviewing. She interviewed Ahri and Don whenever she could, so she would just need to interview one or two more people to finish her job.
    Don came over everyday, and except for a couple days when Evelyn forgot to ask him to stay overnight, he would stay. Evelyn talked to him about extending the family, which he didn't like, but when he found out she was expecting his second child he was happy and shocked. Often when Evelyn and Don were together, Ahri took care of Damian, and continued her work as well.
    The entire time Evelyn was expecting, she stayed at home. She was still attentive to Damian between work, and Don. Ahri thought about adopting a child, but decided not at the time with her career. She hung out with Liberty Lee as well.
    Evelyn gave birth to a baby boy named Aamon. I aged Aamon to a toddler, and had Damian celebrate his birthday to become a child. I gave both Damian and Aamon a slight makeover, just by changing their hair style and clothes.
    Next time I play them, I plan to have Evelyn try to a baby with Don again, so she has more kids with him, and hopefully have a daughter next time.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

The Butler
    qV2LG03.png
    (Note: Completely random generated and fully autonomous. I kept finding him and took screenshots while playing the Goths)

"I say! These Goths have little sense of style. With the snap of my fingers, I'll spice this drab establishment up a bit..."
    36eCYXx.png

"Much better!"
    OUSDFM9.png

"Mam. Leave the cooking to me. As you should recall, last time you attempted to cook, the place nearly burnt down."
    tEkKcTD.png

Mortimer: "By thundering! He really cooked us a wonderful meal this time! Didn't he?!"
    Bella, "Yes dear."
    hqApn8P.png

"KIDS! Might I suggest that instead of fighting over who is more nerdy, you retire to do your homework, promptly to your bedrooms upstairs?!"
    kfZytxm.png

"Cassandra! This is not what I meant. Please refrain from picking on your little brother."
    Thinking, "She's got him, left upper-hook incoming...
    Ef3X1QZ.png

Thinking, "Their sibling rivalry will never end. I swear."
    AVB8AUo.png

"M'Lady, I understand why you are crying. Shall I bring you a tissue?"
    pfPuPN5.png

"Who needs a nanny, cook, maid, repairman... when you have me, THE BUTLER!"
    O9Wu3lu.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Admiral8Q That was delightful! You had me practically rolling in the aisles! I needed that chuckle very much. Thank you.
  • Options
    Hm, what did happen in my game today? … Oh, yeah. I broke down and installed the broken RTF mod anew. Showtime, while an interesting way to get one's Sim to the top, also has a very long Event list, which took out the GF Fan Meet & Greet to my chagrin. With RTF, I get two varieties. The GF version and the one done through the mod, itself. Erik managed to become a Rising Star through Showtime yesterday. He made a whopping §900+. Moody and blue most of the day, today I decided that since I finally got word back from Sacrificial's Discord that the broken mod wouldn't corrupt the save itself, that I would redownload the Road to Fame, Alternative version. (what makes it alternative, is you get a random chance of a 12 hour window to complete a gig, which is helpful when your budding star is still in high school). Erik held a Fan Meet & Greet, managed to earn a Gold Award, which now sits atop the dresser in the room he shares with two of his three brothers.

Erik won the 2nd Karaoke Contest, keeping his title. Then using RTF, I had him record three sets of five songs down in the studio. He packaged the album and then released it. Presto! Instant 100/100 Hit Points. He then held his very first live Concert. He held a RTF Meet & Greet, and also earned a trophy. He came home and licensed three of the songs he wrote and one of them garnered a nomination. Feeling pretty good about things, he went ahead to the photoshoot, which put him late to school. He wasn't worried. Carrying an A average, and being a rather charming Sim, he knew if he could schmooze ol' Agnes Crumplebottom, he could get passed his teacher. (Yes, Agnes was at that live concert, dancing away. LOL)
  • Options
    I always get excited when I actually manage to get a screenshot of lightning. It took me a bunch of tries before I caught this one.

03-Lightning.jpg

And... then this one was pure luck. I was focused on trying to get my sims back indoors, and this strike literally made me jump. I hit the pause key by accident because I jumped. :lol:

04-Lightning.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow That was no accident, it was providence. :) Love your shots!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @GalacticGal Considering that the spot where the lightning hit was exactly where they had been playing only moments earlier, perhaps so. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top