Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Quick update from a Galaxy Far, Far Away:

Since I made a brag in my last update about Cade having 3 boyfriends but provided no proof, I did manage to document at least one:

tSx63K6.png

This was a serendipitous encounter, as Jeb was simply passing by in the neighborhood as Cade was finishing up tasks at hand. They met up at Sandtrap Station - apparently Jeb was looking to pick up some new power converters.

ANDJK8Z.png

Ask to hang out, invite to spend the night, yadda yadda - Jeb agreed, but was dead tired and went straight to bed. So I sent Cade to bed a tad early, too - they did their lovey-dovey biz the next morning.

Cq2PQMj.png

And in any case, that gave me an opportunity to grab a snap of my Tosche Station tribute community lot at night.

b70QOnZ.png

In my mind, this is where Cade would catch a transport to Batuu to continue his adventures... which he will happy to do, just as soon as one's able to purchase a droid again (*hint, hint!* ;) ).

In closing, also in reference to my last post - this is why my Sims grow up uncertain about the whole "clothes are things we wear" point. Double play time for the tots. The dads, Ty and Jace, have yet to change out of sleepwear. Sometimes for entire days at a time. It happens.

GPTiIZk.png

• Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I finished my English manor. Looks terrible, but it's done...

*realizes that I forgot to make a room for the grandma*
    Dagnabbit!
  • Options
    It's always something. One build, I forgot to give the bathroom any doors. Discovered that play testing in Live Mode. D'oh!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited July 2021
    @jeepjeepcat It's called Botox. :open_mouth:

Sindocat wrote: »
    It's always something. One build, I forgot to give the bathroom any doors. Discovered that play testing in Live Mode. D'oh!

I hear you, there. But, the good news is you found the 'mistake' before you shared your creation. Much better than for another to find it and grouse about it later.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    In my game today...My Sim (Obsessive Compulsive Child)...OCC for short, and me (the Parent). 10 am Tuesday. My Sim: "I think I'll make some coffee." Me: "We're not going to make coffee." (30 seconds later.) My Sim: "You know, I think I'll make coffee." Me: "No, we're not going to make coffee." My Sim: "But I want coffee!" Me: "No coffee." My Sim: " I think I'll go practice dancing in the mirror." (2 minutes later.) My SIm: "That was fun. I think I'm going to make coffee." Me: "I said, NO coffee!" My Sim: "But I want coffee nowwwww!" Me: "What is it you don't understand about NO coffee?" My Sim: "I think I will stare at that painting on the wall." (2 minutes later) My Sim: "That was fun, time for coffee." Me: (Breaks Schmapple coffee maker into a million pieces.)
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I continued my play my Marshal that I downloaded from the gallery, based on the Animal Crossing character.
    Last time, I had him do a gig on a chance card, but he lost his job, but became friends with Judith Ward. He's a young adult, while she is an adult.
    Anyway, she invited him to her house, and he was exhausted, but I had him flirt with her. Eventually, he had the option to try for a baby with her, and after they were done, he went home.
    Judith invited him on a date, and the baby symbol appeared over her head, and the paparazzi followed Judith around. Marshal and Judith were going stead at the time, and I was trying to get Marshal to the point to propose to her. Marshal and Judith exchanged kisses in front of the paparazzi, and eventually their date ended.
    Marshal invited his pregnant girlfriend to his house, and he proposed to Judith, and then eloped with her. The two of them moved into Judith's mansion, and are waiting for their new baby.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited July 2021
    I am reworking some Sims. A lot of these were based off actual cowgirls (back when the original farm/horse pack rumors surfaced) I found on Getty Images, and were done a little sloppy.

0x00000013-0x05540d5f9d512173.png

While based on the likeness of a real person (and an individual who seems to be quite well known in Western rodeo); I based her actual personality and character off a fictional character from a book in which her photo was used as the likeness.

https://lindsaymckenna.com/2018/09/women-of-wind-river-tara-dalton/

Romance books are something I normally don't read (and often make fun of), but I bought and read it anyway. I have only done it once before. About a year or two ago, it was announced one of my favorite actresses, Amber Marshall (who I do have a Sim version of; both my old version and a more accurate version from the Gallery) was starring in a made-for-TV movie entitled Love in Harmony Valley; which I later learned was based on the book Dandelion Wishes by Melinda Curtis. I read the book, but haven't been able to fully watch the film just yet.

I really don't read like I used to. I got burned out during my homeschool years; as the institution, I did homeschooling through had a quota for religious books each year; and all I found around here were really low-grade books (to the point they were in the bargain bin at Walmart); but there were some (in one case, 70 years old) gems I found in the "Free to a Good Home" bin at the local library or just plain given to me. I read and did a book report 10 years ago on a book that was required reading at a local college's seminary; in 1948! I have some that are over 200 years old, but do not read them; and am looking at donating them to a university or museum that can properly preserve them (I have one of just a small hadnful that still exist); and originally belonged to a British Minister of Parliament who had given them to the widow of a good friend (that had just passed at that time; as per its inscription) of his that had emigrated to America (and this was before my county's founding in the 1830s!). Hard to believe they were nearly thrown out as trash. I just have them in a bookcase, which ain't exactly antiques preservation. Princeton University published their copy of the set in digital form, and I plan to read it very soon.

I grew up reading Hardy Boys, the Saddle Club series (which sparked a short horsey period, and yes, I'm a dude), Sherlock Holmes, Diary of a Wimpy Kid (they'd just came out during my early teens), and a lot of books on engineering-based subjects. I don't really do book reviews; but here's a short one. Lone Rider was kinda the stereotypical raunchy romance book, and it was laden with graphic violence and "softcore WooHoo". On the other hand, I would have no problem letting a kid read Dandelion Wishes. Arguably, I actually liked that book. My "old" version of Amber Marshall now bears the name of her character in the book--Emma Willoughby.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Today I played my Marshal and Judith save file.
    Judith was pregnant with Marshal's child, and were living together in Judith's mansion. The two newlyweds each had their career, so when they weren't spending time together, they were working on their jobs. Marshal would practice piano to level up his skills in his job, and would leave for work, leaving Judith alone.
    Judith got a slight makeover, she changed her hairstyle, and got a new wardrobe. She picked up a gig, and after practicing at home, she went outside to meet her fans. She gave out multiple autographs, and after Marshal got home from work, they went to an event, where Marshal hogged the megaphone. After they went home, Judith was having issues with being pregnant, there were a couple times she didn't make it to the bathroom, and she was super tired.
    The day of her movie arrived, and a heavily pregnant Judith got ready for her role. She was super tired, and didn't want to do anything. She pulled through to rehearse her lines with her coworker, but that was about it. Trying to get her needs met in her trailer never really happened, so she had to take a shower, and get fitted for her costume twice. She kept not wanting to do it. Finally, she performed her scenes, and took the risky option. She passed out twice, and delayed the production. When everything was done, she did get a promotion, but a scolding about her performance off the set as well.
    Judith and Marshal flirted when she got home, and both parents were allowed to take three days off their job in preparation of their baby. After another day, Judith finally gave birth! It was to a daughter, who was named Diamond Ward. Shortly giving birth, Diamond was aged up to toddler, and given a wardrobe, and new hairstyle. Judith also hired a nanny to help out with taking care of Diamond as well.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @Sindocat beautiful builds! (and the houses and station aren't bad either o:) )
    @inmyeye Your sim sounds like me when I haven't had my coffee yet.

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Part 4 of "At Villareal's"

Z0oBKhy.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options

Part 5 of "At Villareal's". :o
    EOhaBTM.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Sindocat beautiful builds! (and the houses and station aren't bad either o:) )

Thank you! Some day, I need to do a post simply documenting the Homestead. Here's Ty, actually doing his job for once. He's a Freelance Programmer. I lost track of his deadline, and had to keep him up after everyone else was in bed. With five children from Toddler to Teen, quiet time is rare.

dZ5VCX8.png

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    LMAO Beau has just been abducted for the 6th (7th time). I've made sure no mods are causing it (at least directly) and he's an elder now so there won't be repercussions, I just wish they'd leave him be :lol:
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    edited July 2021
    My second generation sim, Temperance, got married at her older sister Joy's birthday party.
    Meanwhile, Joy's eldest, Liberty, is now a teenager. She looks just like Joy, but when she was a child was a spitting image of her father.
    Joy and Temperance's brother, Creed, is expecting his second child with Fatima Holiday. Joy went to visit them at the Landgraab Estate, but the barbecue caught fire within seconds of her arrival. Then she caught fire. She's okay now.

Edit: I forgot that I took a screenshot.
    07-14-21_2-37-48_PM.png
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Another turn with the Ngata family. (Ye of a despised home and no money to nab a better one from the Gallery) Oliana managed to finish off her fitness aspiration off-screen, and I got the notification of her completing it as soon as I loaded in. Thank ye, ocean filled with waters that everyone swims in, I guess. In terms of spotlight, it feels like it was Oliana > Tane > Lelia in terms of focus. For Oliana, I figured to match her jealous trait, she would work on the Soulmate aspiration next. She would assume that being the best and most loving wife who goes on loads of dates and loves her spouse would clear her of her jealousy, yes? Incorrect. The next aspiration after that will be the beach one and that will allow her to take the load off and actually chill out.

Speaking of which, I notice that as a jealous sim, Oliana gets mad whenever she sees her wife talk to anyone! Including the neighbors who just come by with free food. So I do actually play out arguements and stuff. Man, I wish there were more arguement topics than politics and music and career. I want flexibilty for Lelia to actually argue about her jealous ways!

And yet, I treat Oliana with more respect than I treat Akira. It's the wanting better things for LGBT couples versus someone I view as heterosexual. Despite the fact that bad lovers are bad lovers no matter what the orientation is. But also I still partially think Lelia was more lovestruck with Sulani rather than maybe the family and used them moving together into this new culture she was into so they are both kinda not the best people.

Oh and as for Tane? Basically had to work on his social aspiration this time. By the by, he's the first kid in my playfile that made his best friend forever someone much older tham himself. Because there is one singular other Geek on the island he can chat for days about Voidcritters and space with. He's lonely and I plan on giving him the Loner trait when he hits teendom. He does have kid friends but they aren't as important to him as they don't value what he likes and that's geeky stuff!

Oh and uh, Lelia just basically continued with her art aspiration. Got some nice photos and landscapes of the surrounding islands and even one of Evergreen Harbor when I visited a library I placed down over there.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    This shot was just too funny for me not to share. This is my "remodeled" Caliente residence. It's a full-blown thunderstorm outside, and Dina is taking a bath outside while Nina is fast asleep in the dumpster

V7ON54X.png
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    And now all of the Caliente sisters are fast asleep out in the thunderstorm. So comfy, right?

sbNPVyS.png
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    After many hours of watching YouTube tutorials, I made my very first attempt at building a house in Forgotten Hollow. The roof is a bit munted (still working on how to roof properly) & the back of the building has no windows, because I haven't figured out yet where to place them so they don't interfere with the inside aesthetic, plus the whole thing is a little on the boxy side...but, first Sims build, ever! :)

bKzDFcA.png

HbNWydX.png

YOXzdLm.png

4RqLqqm.png

SZaeo1S.png

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I had a wedding in game today. The bride's cousin found the wedding very fun as she was sleeping on a bench. Groom was coming to the altar for his bride. I have no idea what the heck was going on in there.
    17-7-2021-11-15-30.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options

Well... after his encounter with Jess, let's just say...
    Erwin has a new "conspiracy theory" to ponder. :D;)

h3iw63d.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Brief update - my Teens are all ready to age up. Daxton (foreground) was actually the first to max all Values. Zaiden's rebel phase got in the way a bit with Manners and Emotional Control. Thankfully, he had a mood swing from a bad school day, and the need to sort out anger issues by jogging and journaling put him over the top. A celebratory photo together. For goodness sake, Daxton, NO you cannot post that on Simstagram. :D

K7oelge.png
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,776 Member
    edited July 2021
    From the moment August visited Mt. Komorebi and went snowboarding as a little boy, he knew that one day he would live there. Carlie finally earned enough money as an interior decorator to purchase their home in Yukimatsu.
    It’s always snowy where they live.
    House-1.jpg

Carlie remodeled the interior of the home to eventually accommodate their future family.
    House-2.jpg

A home feels lived in when there is a little dust.
    House-4.jpg

It took a couple tries to get the moment just right. First time around the weather was cloudy yet everyone sat in their seats--that was Thursday. Friday was a good day for their wedding in Myshuno Meadows Park.
    Wedding-Day-3.jpg

Wedding-Day-1.jpg

Wedding-Day-4.jpg

Carlie's brother-in-law standing in the aisle instead of going to his seat next to his wife, Anika, in the front row.
    Wedding-Day-2.jpg

Time for everyone to get their boogie on.
    Wedding-Day-5.jpg
    Wedding-6.jpg

Having a little fun splashing around in the fountain.
    Wedding-Day-7.jpg

Happily ending their night in the beautiful wedding suite.
    Wedding-Day-6.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    My actress Kayla Fleming was doing really well. Her and her husband won the lottery and they bought a mansion in Newcrest. Their newborn was a few days from again up when some upgrade her husband did the toilet (eco friendly) caught on fire. Both died but her husband was spared for a minute and then also died while their newborn was crying in the other room. I hadn’t saved in a while so I really didn’t want to exit without saving. So now I had to start a.new family.
    Does the baby go in to adoptable children bin??
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    Kota, Michael, Derrik and Evan invited some friends over for an Autumn Appreciation Day BBQ dinner.

01-Preparing-for-party.jpg

Everyone had a great time.

02-Dinner.jpg

Right after the guests left, a thunderstorm started.

03-Storm.jpg

Everyone else ran inside. But Michael tried to grab just one more drink... :lol::joy::naughty:

04-Just-had-to-get-that-drink.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    beautiful wedding and home @Hearts4u !
    @GlacierSnow I love that holiday! I hope your sim was okay after the sudden jolt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top