Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2020
    The more I play this pack the more bugs I find. For me this is unplayable right now. Do they really, really test the game? I know the possible specks of all PCs makes very difficult to test the game but there were bugs that Game Changers showed on the promo version and these bugs ARE STILL IN THE RELEASE!!! So, they released the game with those bugs knowing they existed!!!! I love the pack, it's huge and it's great.... if it would work as it should be.

I get it, EA knows that even with this bugs many people are going to buy the game anyway, so, it's a win-win for them. WE are the testers.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I think releasing beta and use early adopters as free testers is pretty much industry standard now.

Anyway I know it is a complaint thread , just want to say I hated the first trailer but changed my mind after knowing that the gameplay affects all other worlds not just harbour green. I think this is way better than island living. Having said that I agree with many others , a lot of base game issues have not been addressed , non existent personalities , shallow emotions, and increasingly tutorial like simple aspirations.

I highly doubt these will be addressed but one can hope.
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    Well, where to start. First, you can only use this pack full features in one world, i.e. Evergreen Harbour, OK, so all of the other worlds except Strangerville and the two-holiday worlds have the echo footprint overlay which is as far as that goes, they could not even bother putting dumpsters and community boards in the old worlds (bloody laziness), which is a major part of the pack, because without these dumpers you can not go dumpster diving to get items to recycle, which makes using two of the new toys blood useless outside of Evergreen Harbour and without a community board placed somewhere in the old world to enable voting, you are forced into losing a 40 x 30 lot in order to place a community lot where you can go and vote, OK, so you can vote from your mailbox in the old worlds which is fine, but then you have to ask the question if you can vote on neighbourhood action plains via the mailbox, why do we need these community lots for in the first place.

OK, you can still use the echo power and water equipment and the waxing station and juicer machine, but to use the recycling machine to full use you are going to have a large area to grow plants to recycle to get parts, the only other ways I can see for you to get stuff to recycle is to keep travelling to Evergreen Harbour, to dumpster dive, use the kleptomaniac trait and go round nicking stuff or spend time and money crafting items to recycle. So much for this pack affecting other worlds.

And when you start talking about Evergreen Harbour, I am getting really bloody p****d off with this instant need to make small worlds, OK, Evergreen Harbour, has technically 15 lots, 1 bar (the worst lot in the whole game), 3 community lots, 4 apartments (waste of bloody time and space), 7 30 x 20 residential lots, it seems to me that they spent all their time designing the new world and not enough on actual game playability, in regards to all the fake lots in the world they could have turned them into shells, i.e. like the apartments were you can change the inside only that would have been better they a whole neighbourhood full of fake housing.

Once again EA, showing their true colours, i.e. money grabbers, big on false promises and hype.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well, where to start. First, you can only use this pack full features in one world, i.e. Evergreen Harbour, OK, so all of the other worlds except Strangerville and the two-holiday worlds have the echo footprint overlay which is as far as that goes, they could not even bother putting dumpsters and community boards in the old worlds (bloody laziness), which is a major part of the pack, because without these dumpers you can not go dumpster diving to get items to recycle, which makes using two of the new toys blood useless outside of Evergreen Harbour and without a community board placed somewhere in the old world to enable voting, you are forced into losing a 40 x 30 lot in order to place a community lot where you can go and vote, OK, so you can vote from your mailbox in the old worlds which is fine, but then you have to ask the question if you can vote on neighbourhood action plains via the mailbox, why do we need these community lots for in the first place.

OK, you can still use the echo power and water equipment and the waxing station and juicer machine, but to use the recycling machine to full use you are going to have a large area to grow plants to recycle to get parts, the only other ways I can see for you to get stuff to recycle is to keep travelling to Evergreen Harbour, to dumpster dive, use the kleptomaniac trait and go round nicking stuff or spend time and money crafting items to recycle. So much for this pack affecting other worlds.

And when you start talking about Evergreen Harbour, I am getting really bloody p****d off with this instant need to make small worlds, OK, Evergreen Harbour, has technically 15 lots, 1 bar (the worst lot in the whole game), 3 community lots, 4 apartments (waste of bloody time and space), 7 30 x 20 residential lots, it seems to me that they spent all their time designing the new world and not enough on actual game playability, in regards to all the fake lots in the world they could have turned them into shells, i.e. like the apartments were you can change the inside only that would have been better they a whole neighbourhood full of fake housing.

Once again EA, showing their true colours, i.e. money grabbers, big on false promises and hype.

I've built 3 different types of Community lots in Evergreen Harbor, Willow Creek and Oasis Springs and they have all the items you say that you only get in Evergreen Harbour. One is a Making Community and the neighbours are going mad in the "dumpsters" as you call them and at the moment getting thrashed by machines inside the building. They are all in the eco object items.
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    I'm enjoying it on the whole .... but the neighbourhoods are too small! And the flats are so difficult to refurbish. Can't change the windows or put things on the balcony! First thing that's frustrated me so far
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm enjoying it on the whole .... but the neighbourhoods are too small! And the flats are so difficult to refurbish. Can't change the windows or put things on the balcony! First thing that's frustrated me so far

Apparently you are supposed to be able to use the balcony so that's a bug. :/
    You should add your "me too" to the report here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Can-t-place-objects-on-balcony-in-apartment/td-p/9176793

Overall, I'm enjoying the pack but it is too easy to go green. I can make my area industrial but it doesn't hold it long before it's neutral again and trying to be green. Meanwhile green is not an issue. I'm hoping they can better balance this soon.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    DamdidooDamdidoo Posts: 2 New Member
    I got an issue about cake.. my sims are nuts about baking cakes. Its cake all over the place. They dont always finish them so the plates are laying around the house. And the grill, they do a herbal thing. Hade to delete the fridge and grill...
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    But I am happy to be wrong and be honest with myself and see the world as I see it and not through someone else's eyes. My journey is not someone else's journey and I'm happy with that. What I've written today are my thoughts and opinions, not someone else's...so I end the 'discussion' :)

Dude a little tip....limit your posts to ONE big long one...not just tons upon tons of replies....looks like your spamming that way.

I got it...and it's okay...it's not great...and it's not amazing. It is JUST okay.

OH guess what, if you want to change your eco footprint...what you do (be it recycling etc.) don't mean jack poop! It's ALL in the building...it depends on what you build on the lot...
    What a bummer...I hardly EVER build...;-; so this is USELESS!

EDIT : OH anyone else HATE the candle making (the bigger candles not the long skinny ones) where the sim just stands for 3 - 5 sim hours?! Like....wow.....
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    It would've been nice if they put this effort and care into the packs they previously made. The fact that they added so much to this one semi new idea (regardless if the features are new or not) and turned it into this shows that the team can do better than what they've been giving us. Hopefully, this isn't a one time thing.

But, I still can't bring myself to get this EP or many others bc the core issue of the Sims 4 is still there. This pack and patch don't make the sims smart, there is no charm, no new whims, men still lack CAS things compared to females, I dont even want to start on lifestages outside of adults, they add positive traits but not their counterparts. Also, will there ever come a time where personalities don't get mixed up with interests/hobbies, etc. In addition, what sense does it make to have a base game career (military) that's been in bases since Sims 1 not be patched in, but instead only allow simmers who have a certain pack to play it. I could go on and on

Lastly, not everyone who plays Sims wants to control every aspect of their Sims lives/jobs all the time. Some people like myself like to watch or observe at a distance sometimes. Likewise, I like being able to have a regular career, and sometimes do a profession for a Sim or two. In many of the packs most of the ways to make money are either freelance related or a profession. In Eco lifestyle not a single non profession/freelance career was added.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    FireFly2510FireFly2510 Posts: 13 New Member
    Less of a complaint, and more of pointing out a few oversights on the part of the developers.

Trash around the world- This could have really been turned into a community act where your sims could pitch in and actually physically remove trash and gotten "influence" from it. For example, much like how the sims rake "leaves", they could have done animation styles similar to this and made the trash similar to the leaves, just appear everywhere depending on the choices you make in your community, but that you physically could make immediate changes towards. instead of raking into a pile, they could have animated a sim picking up bottles, and a full trash bag at the end on the ground that the sim could pick up and throw away.

Bill breakdown- I feel like a tutorial plus more advanced bill breakdown would have lead to much less confusion. It has taken me a while to even partially figure out how the bills work now.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    But I am happy to be wrong and be honest with myself and see the world as I see it and not through someone else's eyes. My journey is not someone else's journey and I'm happy with that. What I've written today are my thoughts and opinions, not someone else's...so I end the 'discussion' :)

Dude a little tip....limit your posts to ONE big long one...not just tons upon tons of replies....looks like your spamming that way.

I got it...and it's okay...it's not great...and it's not amazing. It is JUST okay.

OH guess what, if you want to change your eco footprint...what you do (be it recycling etc.) don't mean jack poop! It's ALL in the building...it depends on what you build on the lot...
    What a bummer...I hardly EVER build...;-; so this is USELESS!

EDIT : OH anyone else HATE the candle making (the bigger candles not the long skinny ones) where the sim just stands for 3 - 5 sim hours?! Like....wow.....

Yeah, I honestly thought my sim was broken. But nope she just stands with her hands on her hips for no reason while the candle sits there untouched...🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    First I really love this pack but I do have some issues. First, all fireplaces add an industrial footprint. Flat Screen TV, Plasma TVs modern computers, use a lot of power in the game. When they have been designed to use hardly any power at all. I can have my PC, all the lights on in my apartment and flat-screen TV all month long. It costs me less than 30 dollars if I do that. If I would have done the same thing with lights not being LED lights an old TV with vacuum tubes and my old PC it would have been at least a 50 dollar bill. I don't think the devs understand that not all lights use a lot of power. Nor do all computers and other electronics use the same amount of power the same goes for lights. LEDs use hardly any power.

Next, I can't find where my payment for bills is. Is it on the computer phone because it's not a part of my sims simology? I have stats but I could care less about how many time she's woohooed and kissed or cooked a meal or took a shower. It should be something we can find easily. I've been adding as much as I could for a green eco-footprint and reducing bills as much as I can.

Next Cauldrons having an industrial footprint. If a grill doesn't produce an industrial footprint neither should a cauldron. I just find it annoying and it's just a game after all.

Next My sim wanting to talk eco with everybody everywhere all the time. I don't mind it in Evergreen Harbour ... 'but honey, listen to me, not everybody cares about you and the things you say. Some of them just want to woohoo you and will pretend your eco talk matters as long as they can woohoo you in the end. They just want you to stop talking. There is a time and place to get on your high horse of utter smugness and start talking eco-lifestyle. The Magic Realm isn't one of those places. The Sages aren't going to let the environment of the Magic Realm be compromised at all. As The Magic Realm's protectors, they have sworn an oath to keep it safe from harm. There is magic to keep The Magic Realm Green' I had her on a date and she wanted to talk eco the whole time. It was annoying and I was constantly pausing and making her complete goals instead. Smug really should have been an added trait because my sim is smug. It's not a trait I gave her but she really is smug. Her traits are Geek Bookworm and Romantic nowhere is smug in there nor is a snob.

Next, the effects not being in all worlds. It should be. I should be able to go to Willow Creek and it should be in as much danger of becoming as dystopian as Evergreen Harbour can get unless steps are taken to make the communities throughout Willow Creek green. Sims should have heard about a tragedy that hit Evergreen Harbour and starts on their communities so that it never happens in theirs. Community boards should be in every community. The effects of not caring for the community in every world should have an effect. I suppose this is going to something left up to the modders. It shouldn't be. It should already be apart of the game. Not as an update. Not as a patch. But already there.

Next, a sim can't pick up trash they see on the ground. There should be that option.

Some of these are oversights on the part of the devs but all and all despite the flaws I really love this pack.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Only complaint is how the neighborhoods all slide into Neutral footprint after such a short amount of time. I picked Port Promise for the Industrial vibe but within the following game play it had slid into neutral while three in game days later Grims Quarry had also slid into the Neutral footprint. Since my sim has no impact on Grims Quarry since they don't live there, I would have thought the game would have at least kept it Green. Only solution is having to use cheats to fix the neighborhoods but the sliding still occurs.
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    The only good things I can see in this pack are new items, build items and a new world. The rest of it looks really lame/boring. Normally I buy all the packs, I pre-order even if just for the extra items. This time I do not even know if I will buy it when it is on sale. Looks like this should have been a game pack not an expansion and many of the items in this pack should have been included in others. I really wanted to like this pack; I even tried watching videos with positive feedback, but I just don't.
    Some of the items in this pack should have been in the Tiny Living (like solar panels and ladders). Also, did they not say this pack was suppose to be something never seen before... and really we should have seen it coming... because we have seen some of this already in Sims 4- beach clean up, scavenging, gardening, tiny living... it all adds up to the environment. SOOO disappointed.
    Why are they not listening to the people paying to play?! There were so many better options that more people asked, even begged for.
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Where do I even start...

This is literally the 4th eco friendly environmentalism tree hugging related piece of content they've done for this game. The 3rd in a year. What is with the obsession with 'going green' in this game? So many themes haven't even been touched yet, but we've gotten so much of this in such a short time. I'm just bored of it.

This pack is a combination of the worst aspects of Island Living and Stangerville all in one pack. I was turned off of Island Living when instead of adding hotels (something normal for an island pack), they added a trash clean up brigade. Strangerville was unappealing because it started off as a monster mess and your forced mission was to fix it. Now here, there's an entire disgusting world that you need to clean up. That's just not my idea of fun.

It's way too over the top. As I mentioned in the announcement thread, this pack looks like it's marketed toward very young kids with exaggerated ideas on the effect litter has on the world. When I first saw the world in that trailer, I was just shocked. It looked like a meteor hit and we were seeing the results of an apocalypse. I was expecting a quiet little town with community gardens and stuff like that, not people living in dumpsters and walking down streets of garbage. I get that this is a game and it doesn't need to be accurate but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll take a garbage man career, but this is just too much.

And then the typical issues. No content for elders, toddlers and kids. Probably only the bare minimum for teens. Looking to be 0 replay value. All in all, I'm lost as to why this is an entire EP.

Very very true... they said this was suppose to be never seen before, but it has. Other packs have environmental aspects to items and game play. Some of the items should have been included in other packs; like solar panels and ladders should have been in tiny living. I know I wont be buying this at full price and if I do buy it on sale (not likely) it will only be for the content not the game play. I like to own all packs, all items, but I am really sick of EA making game packs into expansions, charging way too much for way too little and not listening to the people that play.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Why are they not listening to the people paying to play?! There were so many better options that more people asked, even begged for.

Because people will buy the product anyway.

But the thing I hate the most is the amount of bugs. Not just bugs that happen to a few of us, I mean bugs that many, many, many people is experiencing. That means that THEY DON'T TEST THE GAME, because some of them are just very simple to see, for example: the balcony on one of the apartments is not editable. It's simple to discover: just test the apartment.

I like this pack, but I must agree with you that many of this features should have been included in other packs. They are dividing the same concept into several packs as "something new". But they really don't care, you know why? Because we bought the game already. They won.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    its hard to have fun when theres so many bugs. i know packs usually have a few bugs but not game breaking bugs. and when im playijng a family and i crash its hard to enjoy a game. also when i try and try to change the eco footprint and it doesnt change even though my sims are doing everything they can and that it only goes up to 90% either way and stops. its not like its going in reverse. so its not sims changing it the oposite way or the bar would be going down. but its not. its stuck at 90% til a new action happens and then it finally goes down. yet it doesnt fill up all the way. and theres other bugs too thats really frustrating. i think this would be a fun pack if it didnt have so many bugs. but it does and im not enjoying the pack right now. i really hope they get this patched asap. i want to enjoy the sims agian.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    What makes me laugh is how many simmers have cried out for the inclusion of burglars, someone to steal their stuff, so Sharing Is Caring becomes a thing and everyone is moaning about their stuff being stolen!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i can say the only way i would not mind buglars in the game is if they include toggles to turn them off in game for players that do not went buglars and has for eco living so far i can say i find the pack ordinary
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    What makes me laugh is how many simmers have cried out for the inclusion of burglars, someone to steal their stuff, so Sharing Is Caring becomes a thing and everyone is moaning about their stuff being stolen!

I want to start by saying that I like the sharing is caring, in theory. I was having fun with it.

However, the difference between it and burglars is that burglars come only to home lots (in past games) and they take only a few items until caught. With sharing is caring, you can go for an evening at the local bar and by the end of the night the entire bar is cleaned out. Like cleaned out entirely, nothing left. No decorations, no tables, chairs, speakers... you literally have to rebuild it from the ground up if you want to take a sim there more than once while that NAP is active otherwise the next time you go it literally is an empty building. I learned the hard way and cheated it off, but yeah, it could be toned a little. I don't want it gone, like I said, I liked it, but having a lot stripped entirely clean in a few sim hours is madness so I can see why people are complaining about it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I've built 3 different types of Community lots in Evergreen Harbor, Willow Creek and Oasis Springs and they have all the items you say that you only get in Evergreen Harbour. One is a Making Community and the neighbours are going mad in the "dumpsters" as you call them and at the moment getting thrashed by machines inside the building. They are all in the eco object items.

Yes, I get what you are saying, but you built the lot not EA and therefore you placed the dumpsters on the lots yourself. What I said was that all EA has done with the old worlds is give the an echo foot print like the one in Evergreen Harbor, but what they failed to do was place dumpsters in the old worlds and as you stated you built three lots with dumpster and that is my point if you want to play echo livestyle in the old worlds, then you have to place things like dumpsters and the new soya bush on the new or revamp lots.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    For me, most of it I'm cool with but this is one of the first worlds that I have no desire to move my main sims there. The housing styles and such just aren't that pretty to me. I did move some new eco sims there to see the world and try some stuff, but I think overall I'll stay in Brindleton Bay and just add the new lot type.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    Like a couple of others have stated, I think my #1 complaint is you can't pick up the trash. I don't get it at all. They could have made it an opportunity to have a neighborhood trash pick up or something like that, where you could gather with friends to do it. I've had a little more fun with this one versus Island Living though.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Apparently there are not trash layers in other worlds, and strangeville doesn’t have the eco footprint feature at all. Such a missed opportunity but who’s really surprised. You can’t use the voting board in other worlds, and to my knowledge the meat wall and bug cuisine can’t be added to restaurants. “Sighs” they never fail to disappoint, I just bought it for the new worlds.