Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    So, I saw on SimsVips that one of the rewards for one of the new aspirations is being able to shun someone...

"The reward for being a good Eco Innovator is getting some new powerful socials like being able to shun someone or promote someone as a cool person.”

I can't be the only one who was put off by that, right? First of all, why is it that being a good eco innovator (whatever that means) would give you the right to shun someone? I'm getting really annoyed by this pack pushing this mentality that sims who are into the eco life are superior to others who aren't.

That is very disgusting.

Wait...what!?
    Is this for real?
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    So, I saw on SimsVips that one of the rewards for one of the new aspirations is being able to shun someone...

"The reward for being a good Eco Innovator is getting some new powerful socials like being able to shun someone or promote someone as a cool person.”

I can't be the only one who was put off by that, right? First of all, why is it that being a good eco innovator (whatever that means) would give you the right to shun someone? I'm getting really annoyed by this pack pushing this mentality that sims who are into the eco life are superior to others who aren't.

I actually like that, it gives sims personality. I wish they’d add more stuff like this.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

What? This packs just looks more and more like the real world. Getting points, rewards and privileges from a certain social behavior that is tied to a favored opinion or personal view after all... hmm where have I seen that before? This is literally something that's being discussed at the moment and it is NOT okay.
    Can't ignore these weird choices they make. It's very odd.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I think the ability to shun sims is interesting, but it’s weird that it’s tied to a specific trait/aspiration reward. It reminds me of the other ways Sims can influence the game/Sim behavior when they talk up others or have sims flirt with other sims or whatever except those aren’t, as far as I know, tied to any specific trait. Any Sim can do it. It also seems like such an inherently malicious thing to do that it is weird it’s a reward for positive environmental change.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wonder what the shuning does is it the same as talking down another sim or does it have more of an effect also yeah it seems like more should be able to do it
    Then just environmental Sims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's perfect though if you want to make an Amish sim that wants to shun all outsiders or you can just make a Sim that's a real weenie like Knox or something anyway I feel like there's ways it can be used even if it's not how it was intended to be used I'll probably have my sim do the aspiration anyway because he does everything
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    @Aine i am happy to just have trash. Upgrading fake houses is a bit too much work so it is ok. I just want trash spawn everywhere when the eco level is low. Not just smog.
    I can respect that. I'm just saying - they are separate systems in this pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont think the shunning thing is a big deal, just wish it was tied to other things too like a snobby trait. I agree that it gives personality. Lol its par for the course for all the "cancel culture" people like to jump on anyways 😂😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Wallsisms4ever agreed with the personality comment. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I don’t why the sim team is so blind to this. Surely they want to make the game fun why are they not seeing such an obvious problem ??
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    @Aine i am happy to just have trash. Upgrading fake houses is a bit too much work so it is ok. I just want trash spawn everywhere when the eco level is low. Not just smog.
    I can respect that. I'm just saying - they are separate systems in this pack.

I am hoping property values fall when the neighborhoods are dirty and polluted, and rise when they are clean and green.
    My sims will be using this pack for economical reasons than ecological. They would be able to move into a polluted area, live in a self-sustaining house, and sell at a higher value after they've cleaned up the neighborhood and move out to another world.

I haven't heard it mentioned, so that's probably not the case.
    I'll probably just cheat them some extra money as inventive game play.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

The problem isnt lack of lots, it's the "worlds" and how small/closed they are. They're trying to make up for that by thinking more lots are going to solve that issue but it wont. This wasnt an the case with 3's open worlds cause you had available lots to build on and empty lots to place a house. This is why closed worlds in my opinion wasnt a good idea.

That's true but all in all I feel there's more variety in where we can live with this system. Since we get more diverse worlds, albeit with each having a more limited amount of lots. I think the argument that there are fewer lots overall isn't really valid, however. Of course, if you want to put all your sims in a world like Forgotten Hollow, or are the kind to enjoy building an entire world from scratch, or having all your sims living in a world with the same overall aesthetic, you'll vastly prefer TS3 worlds. If you prefer having a bit more variety through mixed worlds so you can have a bit of desert, a bit of Europe, a bit of woods, a port town, etc. all mixed together - and don't mind having fewer lots per individual world type - you will prefer TS4 worlds.

But we now have about 196 lots with all packs installed (incl. Eco Lifestyle), and not counting Selvadorada & Granite Falls - if I'm not mistaken. That's already a huge amount of lots. And although it's a closed world, sims inventories still fill up just from going to all the festivals, on vacation, restaurants, walking around town, perhaps going to stores you put up, etc. Maybe a lot of people let these lots be auto-filled so that means you get 2-3 times the amount of sims living in them. Remember how TS2 inventories filling up wasn't a good thing? And that was a closed world too. Do I know if that's as much an issue here? No, but I'm relatively sure the amount of lots + sims + inventories + things going on, is the reason why they don't add as many lots per world anymore as they used to.

ETA: edited for clarity :)

Wow really? We got THAT many lots?!! Doesn't seem like it at all. Seems like I never have enough 😅😅😅 guess I need 500
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020

That is a bummer. I hate that about Supernaturals too how they are shunned too by other Sims just for being themselves. The celebrity system does that too, so it isn't an exactly new thing to the Sims 4. Like eco Sims can now shun back at celebrity Sims is kind of comical. I might try it out with my Supernatural Sims too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

That is a bummer. I hate that about Supernaturals too how they are shunned too by other Sims just for being themselves. The celebrity system does that too, so it isn't an exactly new thing to the Sims 4. Like eco Sims can now shun back at celebrity Sims is kind of comical. I might try it out with my Supernatural Sims too.

How are supernatural shunned ?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

A lot of Townies have negative reactions upon finding out somebody's an occult. Right now Vampires are significant but they can get weird about Mermaids sometimes too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

A lot of Townies have negative reactions upon finding out somebody's an occult. Right now Vampires are significant but they can get weird about Mermaids sometimes too.

According to the normal amerian movies or series US-citizens shoot first, then ask. Since Sims 4 offer mostly typical american cities, I don't wonder about that behaviour. 😂
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

The problem isnt lack of lots, it's the "worlds" and how small/closed they are. They're trying to make up for that by thinking more lots are going to solve that issue but it wont. This wasnt an the case with 3's open worlds cause you had available lots to build on and empty lots to place a house. This is why closed worlds in my opinion wasnt a good idea.

That's true but all in all I feel there's more variety in where we can live with this system. Since we get more diverse worlds, albeit with each having a more limited amount of lots. I think the argument that there are fewer lots overall isn't really valid, however. Of course, if you want to put all your sims in a world like Forgotten Hollow, or are the kind to enjoy building an entire world from scratch, or having all your sims living in a world with the same overall aesthetic, you'll vastly prefer TS3 worlds. If you prefer having a bit more variety through mixed worlds so you can have a bit of desert, a bit of Europe, a bit of woods, a port town, etc. all mixed together - and don't mind having fewer lots per individual world type - you will prefer TS4 worlds.

But we now have about 196 lots with all packs installed (incl. Eco Lifestyle), and not counting Selvadorada & Granite Falls - if I'm not mistaken. That's already a huge amount of lots. And although it's a closed world, sims inventories still fill up just from going to all the festivals, on vacation, restaurants, walking around town, perhaps going to stores you put up, etc. Maybe a lot of people let these lots be auto-filled so that means you get 2-3 times the amount of sims living in them. Remember how TS2 inventories filling up wasn't a good thing? And that was a closed world too. Do I know if that's as much an issue here? No, but I'm relatively sure the amount of lots + sims + inventories + things going on, is the reason why they don't add as many lots per world anymore as they used to.

ETA: edited for clarity :)

Wow really? We got THAT many lots?!! Doesn't seem like it at all. Seems like I never have enough 😅😅😅 guess I need 500

For me the frustrating part is that I don't really want to have to demolish any existing houses or lots to build and add things to the worlds. So not having the ability to place my own lots, and not having many empty lots, is annoying. I prefer to leave the town as is, maybe renovate or upgrade things here or there... but if I want to play "rotationally" (which barely works but I still try sometimes) and slowly expand the amount of households I have in rotation (ala Sims 2) I have to start kicking people out of their homes. If I want to add a bunch of special community lots I also end up having to demolish other stuff in the town, which isn't how I want to play.

It's that limited freedom and creativity thing. It's poop.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Daravi wrote: »

According to the normal amerian movies or series US-citizens shoot first, then ask. Since Sims 4 offer mostly typical american cities, I don't wonder about that behaviour. 😂
    Not all the movies and shows do. Not looking at you Twilight. Yeah.....nothing coming to mind besides Nick and Disney stuff right now. But yes true with Marvel and DC movies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,919 Member
    shoot first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-TZpGdszA

Sorry, could not resist :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    shoot first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-TZpGdszA

Sorry, could not resist :p

<3!!

He totally shot first. B)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ronnielodgeronnielodge Posts: 1 New Member
    I always read through discussion posts to see if people feel the same way as I do but I've never made an account until today. I've been playing The Sims since Sims 1 and I love this franchise. I've been disappointed before but I usually always buy the packs because I'm always craving new game play. I have to say of all of the expansion packs, this IMO has been the most disappointing. I love everything the pack stands for and care about the environment in my actual life but I do not think this needed to be an expansion pack. It just seems like it will be easy to "beat" and then what? I was personally very excited for Strangerville and played it through once and then never again... The conservationist career in Island Living was cool at first and then everyday when I saw garbage piling in the ocean I felt like a panic (I have OCD LOL) to have to clean it every day. My Island Living family started to feel like an actual job! I honestly had ZERO interest in a farming pack but it made more sense when I thought that was the next pack we were going to get because SO MANY people want one. and then they announced this... just doesn't make sense to me. The Sims 4 is beautiful and I want to love it!!!!! SO BAD. But I can't help but feel bored every single time I open it up and I don't think this pack is going to change my mind. With that being said, I'm going to go play the sims 2 now :)
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member

I honestly quite like that Occult Sims may be reacted to negatively. I think that, depending on whether the Sim in question is a fan of the Occult, it should always be negative until they have experience. For example, a Sim may become afraid or terrified if they see a vampire do vampire things. However, if they have a trait or whatever that they love the Occult, then they will become happy.

I honestly feel like it should be amped up a lot more and gossip spreads. I would love if you could be accused of being a vampire and then you can go and stand out in the sun, proving you’re not. Some people should just hate you for no reason at all, no matter how much you interact with them. Sims react with disgusting for a split-second and then stop caring, they forget. I hate that.

The Sims has series has turned into everyone being happy, no sadness or unpleasant experiences, and all-inclusive that it’s lost its charm. There is very little storytelling elements. I was hoping with witches and wizards – excuse me, spell casters – that people would be shocked at magic and talk about it, but no one cares. Mermaids, too. Like, it’s a mermaid! How are you not freaking out? Naturally, if I saw any of these in real life, I’d be shocked and excited, due to loving the paranormal, yet I have friends who would be terrified and some who would be disgusted.

All this is overlooked because people get upset that another Sim dislikes their Sim. I just cannot grasp it.

I really hope the pro-environment Sims react poorly to my Sim that is corrupting the town. If I am proverbially fighting against them, they better hate me.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Just because the pack has a lot of content, doesn't mean it interests me in any way shape or form.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png