Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
A new pack means a new complaining thread! This thread is dedicated to all of you who want to share their negative feedback/opinions about the upcoming pack Eco Lifestyle. A place to safely share your 'complaints' with the information we have received until now.

I aspire to keep this thread a respected place where simmers can share their personal opinion about pack-content disappointments, disapproval, dislikes etc. Please keep the thread clean of off topic comments.

Capture-2.png

Here are my instant thoughts after watching the premiere... trailer.
I found it strange that the pack promotes sims aspiring for a more clean environment and then use all kinds of technology to get there. 3D printer?? It reminds me more of content we already have received like making robots, conservationist career but then dragged into a world and a challenge that is perhaps again only pack/word related.
The Sims 4 and this type of packs more feel like a game in a game and I don't think that's what the community meant when they asked for gameplay with consequences. It still counts as creativity IN a box, not a sandbox game where everything is effecting the entire game play. I do not like this turn of The Sims at all.
The subject of the pack also does not sound too interesting to me. It does not feel like something new as simmers have already been building these container, eco type of houses with success. I just don't feel an ENTIRE EP dedicated to this was necessary and I feel it takes the place of a more important EP like generations, farming, hotels, winter/Scandinavian world.
If I see Aurora Borealis, i also expect a Scandinavian world..

Share your negative feedback about this pack ;)

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    I genuinely can’t think of any positives. And normally I like at least something from a pack

Feel welcome to share your negative thoughts instead. It is what the thread is for :)
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    It feels like Strangerville again. I’ve only played through that maybe once, so things for this one aren’t looking good on the replay ability aspect of it. If it effects every neighborhood already existing? Then maybe I’d be a bit more excited, but it looks like it will just be that one world.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited May 2020
    My complaint would be about the blog. Especially that spot I pointed out in another discussion.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There is one thing I saw from the blog post.
    For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors.

Dew collectors may be new, but wind turbines and solar panels are in The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff pack. I constantly remember receiving money instead of bills in The Sims 2 because I placed a lot of solar panels and wind turbines.
    The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff still exists (even in the Ultimate Collection), thus it isn't the first time.
    If this blog post statement isn't a lie, please explain.

Have they forgotten what was done in previous games?
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's even worse than I thought, and that is saying something.

Paralives it is then. When it comes out that is....
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    Thank you for making this thread! I think when people voted on an "Eco-Living" type theme, which is pretty broad, they were expecting something entirely different. More farming aspects, some more animals, solar panels, a world that has a more farm-like feel.. this is just my take on it. Instead, we get a world [which i'm guessing will have like, six lots on it, knowing TS4 LOL], some new interactive items [candle making does not contribute to gameplay whatsoever], and maybe some new CAS & build items. YAWN! Where is the stuff we want? Cars [which I believe we've been asking for since TS4 originally came out] more fleshed out age groups, how about a Generations EP which would add more interactions & a whole boatload of new gameplay aspects??? I'm just so disappointed and done with this game. I can't wait for Paralives to come out, because with the way things are turning out for TS4, I'm guessing TS5 won't be any better.
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    Where do I even start...

This is literally the 4th eco friendly environmentalism tree hugging related piece of content they've done for this game. The 3rd in a year. What is with the obsession with 'going green' in this game? So many themes haven't even been touched yet, but we've gotten so much of this in such a short time. I'm just bored of it.

This pack is a combination of the worst aspects of Island Living and Stangerville all in one pack. I was turned off of Island Living when instead of adding hotels (something normal for an island pack), they added a trash clean up brigade. Strangerville was unappealing because it started off as a monster mess and your forced mission was to fix it. Now here, there's an entire disgusting world that you need to clean up. That's just not my idea of fun.

It's way too over the top. As I mentioned in the announcement thread, this pack looks like it's marketed toward very young kids with exaggerated ideas on the effect litter has on the world. When I first saw the world in that trailer, I was just shocked. It looked like a meteor hit and we were seeing the results of an apocalypse. I was expecting a quiet little town with community gardens and stuff like that, not people living in dumpsters and walking down streets of garbage. I get that this is a game and it doesn't need to be accurate but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll take a garbage man career, but this is just too much.

And then the typical issues. No content for elders, toddlers and kids. Probably only the bare minimum for teens. Looking to be 0 replay value. All in all, I'm lost as to why this is an entire EP.

Took the words right out of my mouth, I genuinely don't know what the developers were thinking.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2020
    This pack is it seems another srangerville :#
    only the price of an expansion like. island living

this.is another disappointing pack for me..

I need to see more. trailer did nothing to entice me to consider it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I think this pack has to include sims that will naturally pollute and make the worlds (all of them) ugly to even justify changing things.

Right now it looks really positive and mindful and that's great but is it too much to ask for just a little built in conflict.
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    I agree with everything written here. I'm sick of big technology tools such as the giant microscope, robotics station, most of the GTW items. This pack really looks like a waste of an EP. I'm not really interested in gameplay, maybe just build/buy items. But it wouldn't be worth the money at all.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    I like the idea of the pack but seems too lacking for an expansion pack... cant seem to get off the feeling they cut off content from other already released packs.
    Wasnt this pack a vote for a stuff pack too? before Laundry Stuff pack won?
    additionally we probably won't even get a really big world like WB for this rather empty'ish pack... (11-12 lots?)
    I really like roleplay games but questing in a Sims game? Please dont make me do silly repetitive objectives all over again... active careers/tasks really do appeal the sims team - they include them like everywhere - feels like ever the same to do, just with a new theme each time. like the mobile version just with more text and UI to it.
    We won't get any plant sims, will we?
    - enough said..

Hope there is more to this EXPANSION PACK.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm a bit underwhelmed, and to be honest, I don't often feel underwhelmed about new content.

I have a feeling the cleaning up aspect will be another 'tick box' adventure, i.e. 'Talk to 5 Sims about Recycling.' I find that type of gameplay dull and not replayable. Strangerville was like that, but Strangerville had some interesting features to its story. I really hope that once Sims give up on their eco friendly lifestyles the town will relapse.

I also have a feeling all of this is restricted to one world. It would be more fun if garbage or pollution spread to other worlds, like the weather. Seasons did it right. Seasons added unique weather systems to different areas and even added in ice rinks, drink stands etc into existing worlds. Could they add pollution and dumpsters the same way? I have a feeling they won't, and that is what is disappointing.

I want an expansion to expand my whole game, not add a pigeon hole adventure. Seasons was successful because it was an expansion in the proper sense. An expansion should be felt everywhere or in most aspects of your game, no matter how subtle. That's how I see an expansion vs a game pack.

But maybe I am jumping ahead. These are just thoughts.
    giphy.gif
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    Thank you for making this thread! I think when people voted on an "Eco-Living" type theme, which is pretty broad, they were expecting something entirely different. More farming aspects, some more animals, solar panels, a world that has a more farm-like feel.. this is just my take on it. Instead, we get a world [which i'm guessing will have like, six lots on it, knowing TS4 LOL], some new interactive items [candle making does not contribute to gameplay whatsoever], and maybe some new CAS & build items. YAWN! Where is the stuff we want? Cars [which I believe we've been asking for since TS4 originally came out] more fleshed out age groups, how about a Generations EP which would add more interactions & a whole boatload of new gameplay aspects??? I'm just so disappointed and done with this game. I can't wait for Paralives to come out, because with the way things are turning out for TS4, I'm guessing TS5 won't be any better.

I definitely disagree. I don't get the connection between "Farming" and "Eco living" at all. In fact, farms are usually VERY bad for the environment.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    aiex wrote: »

I definitely disagree. I don't get the connection between "Farming" and "Eco living" at all. In fact, farms are usually VERY bad for the environment.

Yeah. Large scale farming is, and I honestly don't see how that would fit into the Sims anyway. I think people are thinking self sufficiency and smallholding, maybe?
    giphy.gif