This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited May 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    And also, not about the game itself, but it's so wild to me the "in your face, told you so" mentality so many people were quick to adopt once the livestream came out. Imagine thinking that NOT THINKING as a monolith is a bad thing.
    It's indeed a weird mentality.

    Also people who say 'you shouldn't judge by just the trailer', forgetting that's exactly what trailers are for!

    Well, as someone who was defending the pack even when I was questioning it, the herd mentality goes both ways.
    Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to criticize this pack after seeing the trailer. Some of us wanted to wait and see before judging. So, frankly, I don't blame people for having an "in your face" mentality. No one was blameless here, so please stop trying to act like lone voices of reasons. You were jumping on the bandwagon too from the beginning.

    I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, people were jumping on the bandwagon to criticize this pack (aka. MONOLITH), and now you're upset you're on the other side?

    I will concede that the trailers were questionable, but the amount of hate it received was absurd and showed a clear herd mentality.


    I’m sorry but having my own opinion on something is not jumping on a bandwagon. I watched the same trailer as you did as others did and my brain produced my own thoughts about it just as yours did.
    And I’m not upset that I’m “on the other side” because 1) it’s a game, and why would I get upset over it, and 2) my initial reactions actually weren’t dislike for the pack and also watching the livestream didn’t suddenly change my mind about it.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

    I’m sorry but having my own opinion on something is not jumping on a bandwagon. I watched the same trailer as you did as others did and my brain produced my own thoughts about it.

    There's nothing wrong with having an opinion and bring critical. I was critical of it. But I think there were a lot of other people jumping on the bandwagon, so to speak, and being especially spiteful. And the vitriol against this pack at the time is evidence of that. The trailer wasn't great, but it did not deserve that much hate.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

    Well, think about it. Many of us simply JUST build and other have been playing the same save since 2014. In the sims 3 I could spend a day off just building and I could fill a world the size of sunset valley in a day. Sometimes I come up with an awesome idea for a build only to be reminded that I don't have an empty lot to build on as I don't like to be forced to tear a house down for a new one, it just makes me start up the sims 3 or 2 instead.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    bixters wrote: »

    I’m sorry but having my own opinion on something is not jumping on a bandwagon. I watched the same trailer as you did as others did and my brain produced my own thoughts about it.

    There's nothing wrong with having an opinion and bring critical. I was critical of it. But I think there were a lot of other people jumping on the bandwagon, so to speak, and being especially spiteful. And the vitriol against this pack at the time is evidence of that. The trailer wasn't great, but it did not deserve that much hate.
    I agree. It disappointed me how Gurus were getting attacked because of the trailers when it is a completely different team that does the marketing. Especially since it was one of the Gurus first packs she has worked on. There is a huge difference between feedback and protesting and having had experience protesting at my work this week with people trying to break glass, I can't help but feel empathetic towards them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I will read this thread whole again lol I love watching people being wrong.

    It's not about being wrong or right as the thread is not for stating facts to love or hate it, but opinions and feelings towards what might be or what has been shown to us.
    If you know the older threads, it was stated many times that even before more info or news comes out, I'd still like to create a place for people to just freely share their negative thoughts, despite if these were just speculations or not.
    This.

    I find the initial comment quite disrespectful in all honesty.

    Buzzfeed test said I'm spiteful.

    Some people were, indeed, wrong. Definitely wrong. Lots of comments saying the pack was something that it's not, only a few actually putting their vision in perspective that it was their feeling towards thatvtrailer in particular to admit they hadn't enough information.

    But I'm really having a blast with the wrong statements about the pack. What's the problem? If you didn't do it, then I fail to grasp your concern regarding my reaction.

    Now, let's complain about the lack of more garbage in other worlds, the unmatching black wallpapers, the fact we can't swim in the quarry (lol), or that the orange door doesn't have a version without the large frame. Now we're dealing with the truth.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,046 Member
    One thing I will say: I don't like how FEW buildable lots there are - especially in a world with such unique gameplay attached to it, so few lots is irritating and feels like such a waste. They could at least have doubled the amount of buildable lots and made it similar to Willow Creek. When it's like 20 small lots sitting together, and there's like one or two buildable lots, it feels so cheap. Would it kill them to add more? It kinda ruins the nice feel of the pack to have such a glaring cheapskate thing going on. I don't necessarily hate the fake buildings generally, but sometimes it's just really bad.
    Allons-y!

    ---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    And I’m not upset that I’m “on the other side” because 1) it’s a game, and why would I get upset over it, and 2) my initial reactions actually weren’t dislike for the pack and also watching the livestream didn’t suddenly change my mind about it.

    I totally get your point but why would you say “it’s just a game, why would I get upset over it?” when you are a member of the game’s forum? Like obvi you have some emotional connection to it.....just never seen too many folks go out of their way to join a forum due to their burning meh neutrality.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    One thing I will say: I don't like how FEW buildable lots there are - especially in a world with such unique gameplay attached to it, so few lots is irritating and feels like such a waste. They could at least have doubled the amount of buildable lots and made it similar to Willow Creek. When it's like 20 small lots sitting together, and there's like one or two buildable lots, it feels so cheap. Would it kill them to add more? It kinda ruins the nice feel of the pack to have such a glaring cheapskate thing going on. I don't necessarily hate the fake buildings generally, but sometimes it's just really bad.

    @Aine I saw something where a guru said they have to balance game performance with buildable lots so idk 🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s always so cool to hear people complain about this honestly, because it’s interesting to hear how much better others must be at building! Ha, I make just enough houses and a few hang out districts. I have so many open lots. Cool to hear how other ppl play.

    Seems like they’ve been trying to add more lots since they went 64-bit but I’m certainly no Sims memory elephant.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    One thing I will say: I don't like how FEW buildable lots there are - especially in a world with such unique gameplay attached to it, so few lots is irritating and feels like such a waste. They could at least have doubled the amount of buildable lots and made it similar to Willow Creek. When it's like 20 small lots sitting together, and there's like one or two buildable lots, it feels so cheap. Would it kill them to add more? It kinda ruins the nice feel of the pack to have such a glaring cheapskate thing going on. I don't necessarily hate the fake buildings generally, but sometimes it's just really bad.

    The worst part about all those close together fake buildings is that you cannot build something in a different style because it will look out of place. We got so many modern windows and doors, but the style of the neighbourhood is suburbia, they will look like an alien ship if you use them in that neighbourhood.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Why no rubbish in other worlds. That’s the main thing I am not happy about after the livestream.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    And I’m not upset that I’m “on the other side” because 1) it’s a game, and why would I get upset over it, and 2) my initial reactions actually weren’t dislike for the pack and also watching the livestream didn’t suddenly change my mind about it.

    I totally get your point but why would you say “it’s just a game, why would I get upset over it?” when you are a member of the game’s forum? Like obvi you have some emotional connection to it.....just never seen too many folks go out of their way to join a forum due to their burning meh neutrality.


    I don’t have a burning meh neutrality over it. I’ve played this game for over a decade; I love this series. I don’t stick with this game because I feel an indifference towards it. But that comment was made in reference to my reactions to the announcement and trailer for the upcoming EP. And, if I am not excited for a pack as soon as I hear about it, then I’m simply not excited for a pack as soon as I hear about it. It just is what it is. Some people are excited, some people are not, some people have a wait and see approach.

    The comments that I’ve made across various threads about this pack since first hearing about it have been me expressing my confusion over the pack, a few observations about the pack, and my musings/curiosities about how it will affect my game if I do decide to get it. I can’t help that this is how I approach thinking and talking about my own experience/relationship with this game.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,046 Member
    edited May 2020
    Aine wrote: »
    One thing I will say: I don't like how FEW buildable lots there are - especially in a world with such unique gameplay attached to it, so few lots is irritating and feels like such a waste. They could at least have doubled the amount of buildable lots and made it similar to Willow Creek. When it's like 20 small lots sitting together, and there's like one or two buildable lots, it feels so cheap. Would it kill them to add more? It kinda ruins the nice feel of the pack to have such a glaring cheapskate thing going on. I don't necessarily hate the fake buildings generally, but sometimes it's just really bad.

    @Aine I saw something where a guru said they have to balance game performance with buildable lots so idk 🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s always so cool to hear people complain about this honestly, because it’s interesting to hear how much better others must be at building! Ha, I make just enough houses and a few hang out districts. I have so many open lots. Cool to hear how other ppl play.

    Seems like they’ve been trying to add more lots since they went 64-bit but I’m certainly no Sims memory elephant.

    @popstarissa That's why they need to make a system where we as players decide what is playable lots and what isn't. make it possible to edit the worlds and add lots - even if you could only add lots to pre decided locations, it would be a big step up. With a bit of effort they could have an 'advisable' amount of buildable lots' that they base on the current pc the game is on - like what graphics card or how much RAM the computer has. It wouldn't be very accurate, but it would at least give the player an indication of what is possible. If they want to be overly cautious with the default amount of lots, then fine, but the fact that we can't add more is getting frustrating to say the least.
    Allons-y!

    ---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    Aine wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    One thing I will say: I don't like how FEW buildable lots there are - especially in a world with such unique gameplay attached to it, so few lots is irritating and feels like such a waste. They could at least have doubled the amount of buildable lots and made it similar to Willow Creek. When it's like 20 small lots sitting together, and there's like one or two buildable lots, it feels so cheap. Would it kill them to add more? It kinda ruins the nice feel of the pack to have such a glaring cheapskate thing going on. I don't necessarily hate the fake buildings generally, but sometimes it's just really bad.

    @Aine I saw something where a guru said they have to balance game performance with buildable lots so idk 🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s always so cool to hear people complain about this honestly, because it’s interesting to hear how much better others must be at building! Ha, I make just enough houses and a few hang out districts. I have so many open lots. Cool to hear how other ppl play.

    Seems like they’ve been trying to add more lots since they went 64-bit but I’m certainly no Sims memory elephant.

    @popstarissa That's why they need to make a system where we as players decide what is playable lots and what isn't. make it possible to edit the worlds and add lots - even if you could only add lots to pre decided locations, it would be a big step up. With a bit of effort they could have an 'advisable' amount of buildable lots' that they base on the current pc the game is on - like what graphics card or how much RAM the computer has. It wouldn't be very accurate, but it would at least give the player an indication of what is possible. If they want to be overly cautious with the default amount of lots, then fine, but the fact that we can't add more is getting frustrating to say the least.

    @aine that’s a cool take, never thought of it that way! I guess I’m such a horrible builder (but may I say, a blazing fine interior decorator), that I never thought of anything like that! Great idea!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,660 Member
    And I’m not upset that I’m “on the other side” because 1) it’s a game, and why would I get upset over it, and 2) my initial reactions actually weren’t dislike for the pack and also watching the livestream didn’t suddenly change my mind about it.

    I totally get your point but why would you say “it’s just a game, why would I get upset over it?” when you are a member of the game’s forum? Like obvi you have some emotional connection to it.....just never seen too many folks go out of their way to join a forum due to their burning meh neutrality.

    Burning meh neutrality 😂 I gave you an awesome just for that.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,046 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    One thing I will say: I don't like how FEW buildable lots there are - especially in a world with such unique gameplay attached to it, so few lots is irritating and feels like such a waste. They could at least have doubled the amount of buildable lots and made it similar to Willow Creek. When it's like 20 small lots sitting together, and there's like one or two buildable lots, it feels so cheap. Would it kill them to add more? It kinda ruins the nice feel of the pack to have such a glaring cheapskate thing going on. I don't necessarily hate the fake buildings generally, but sometimes it's just really bad.

    @Aine I saw something where a guru said they have to balance game performance with buildable lots so idk 🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s always so cool to hear people complain about this honestly, because it’s interesting to hear how much better others must be at building! Ha, I make just enough houses and a few hang out districts. I have so many open lots. Cool to hear how other ppl play.

    Seems like they’ve been trying to add more lots since they went 64-bit but I’m certainly no Sims memory elephant.

    @popstarissa That's why they need to make a system where we as players decide what is playable lots and what isn't. make it possible to edit the worlds and add lots - even if you could only add lots to pre decided locations, it would be a big step up. With a bit of effort they could have an 'advisable' amount of buildable lots' that they base on the current pc the game is on - like what graphics card or how much RAM the computer has. It wouldn't be very accurate, but it would at least give the player an indication of what is possible. If they want to be overly cautious with the default amount of lots, then fine, but the fact that we can't add more is getting frustrating to say the least.

    @aine that’s a cool take, never thought of it that way! I guess I’m such a horrible builder (but may I say, a blazing fine interior decorator), that I never thought of anything like that! Great idea!

    Thanks!
    Allons-y!

    ---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,900 Member
    Of all places to woohoo the developers chose to include a location that is no near to being sanitary - dumpster? :joy:

    Oh yeah, because we all wish to tell our pixelated kids that they are literally conceived in a pile of trash when they don't do their homework.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Every single time I see that screenie of the dumpster woohoo, the phrase "SMARTER SIMS" pops into my head. It happens so much, it's almost like a reflex now. And I'm not doing it to be mean, that is just my honest sincere gut reaction to...... well, all of this, I guess.

    There's nothing wrong with woohoo, of course, but the way it gets treated in this iteration with the "party hearty in the bushes" attitude has always come off as both weird and WAY over the top to me.

    "SMARTER SIMS!"
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited May 2020
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

    Well, think about it. Many of us simply JUST build and other have been playing the same save since 2014. In the sims 3 I could spend a day off just building and I could fill a world the size of sunset valley in a day. Sometimes I come up with an awesome idea for a build only to be reminded that I don't have an empty lot to build on as I don't like to be forced to tear a house down for a new one, it just makes me start up the sims 3 or 2 instead.

    Also:
    Oasis Spring: I simply don't like this world and won't use it. It's become the dumping ground for when I need a property occupied by some townie.
    Magnolia Promenade: It's my shopping area, so retail lots only.
    San Myshuno: I will only use it temporarily for young adults fresh out of Uni.
    Forgotten Hollow: Too creepy for most of my sims.
    Del Sol Valley: Too small and only a few lots that I find useful, and only celebrities will live there
    Strangerville: Too Strange, and I really don't like desert worlds.
    Sulani: I am using it as a destination world. Eventually most of it will be vacation homes with little room for the natives.
    Glimmer Brooke: I only have a few magical sims.
    Britechester: For students only and three of the lots have been taken up by my Prep school for teens and two college themed stores.

    The above worlds are very niche and are right for a few of my sims.
    My go to worlds are Willow Creek, Windenburg, and Brindleton Bay.
    I really just want one more world as nice and big as these three. Newcrest is useful, but has very little character like the others.

    If you add in other factors, like not wanting to kick out the pre-mades and having homes for sims you may like to visit, but not play,
    needing a specific lot size, having a lot of sims in rotation that will be having children, having a variety of community lots, and yeah, you want more worlds.

    Evergreen Harbor may be another niche world for me.
    It will give me more choices, but I can already see it's not a world I will love like my big three.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,660 Member
    edited May 2020
    Like some others I don't fill up most of my lots either but I can understand some people want that. As a matter of fact, there are zero occupied lots in Newcrest in 90% of my saves.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Why no rubbish in other worlds. That’s the main thing I am not happy about after the livestream.

    This is my complain too 😭
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,178 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    And also, not about the game itself, but it's so wild to me the "in your face, told you so" mentality so many people were quick to adopt once the livestream came out. Imagine thinking that NOT THINKING as a monolith is a bad thing.
    It's indeed a weird mentality.

    Also people who say 'you shouldn't judge by just the trailer', forgetting that's exactly what trailers are for!

    Well, as someone who was defending the pack even when I was questioning it, the herd mentality goes both ways.
    Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to criticize this pack after seeing the trailer. Some of us wanted to wait and see before judging. So, frankly, I don't blame people for having an "in your face" mentality. No one was blameless here, so please stop trying to act like lone voices of reasons. You were jumping on the bandwagon too from the beginning.

    I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, people were jumping on the bandwagon to criticize this pack (aka. MONOLITH), and now you're upset you're on the other side?

    I will concede that the trailers were questionable, but the amount of hate it received was absurd and showed a clear herd mentality.

    So, having an opinion that I formed by watching the trailer is 'jumping on the bandwagon' now? Good to know.
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I will read this thread whole again lol I love watching people being wrong.

    It's not about being wrong or right as the thread is not for stating facts to love or hate it, but opinions and feelings towards what might be or what has been shown to us.
    If you know the older threads, it was stated many times that even before more info or news comes out, I'd still like to create a place for people to just freely share their negative thoughts, despite if these were just speculations or not.
    This.

    I find the initial comment quite disrespectful in all honesty.

    Buzzfeed test said I'm spiteful.

    Some people were, indeed, wrong. Definitely wrong. Lots of comments saying the pack was something that it's not, only a few actually putting their vision in perspective that it was their feeling towards thatvtrailer in particular to admit they hadn't enough information.

    But I'm really having a blast with the wrong statements about the pack. What's the problem? If you didn't do it, then I fail to grasp your concern regarding my reaction.

    Now, let's complain about the lack of more garbage in other worlds, the unmatching black wallpapers, the fact we can't swim in the quarry (lol), or that the orange door doesn't have a version without the large frame. Now we're dealing with the truth.

    Well, it kinda feels like gloating, which is, as I said, disrespectful.

    I'm glad the pack is better than expected and that I was wrong about most of it's aspects, but if it was the other way around of having a good trailer and an underwhelming pack I wouldn't go and say 'Ha! I'm going to enjoy seeing how wrong people were thinking this pack is good!' cause what good it would bring?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I think the only thing I have some disappointment in is the traits and aspirations being so pack specific, but that’s a sims 4 problem not the packs. Although I do like the idea of the freegan trait.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I'm annoyed no one seems to be showing polution effects in other worlds like Oasis Springs or Willow Creek.

    I know they won't be as detailed as in EH, but I want to have some idea how it'll look. Afaik all we have are 2 gifs of a green Willow Creek which imo don't look all that different from how it looks now.

    Having seen some of the overviews, I think it's fair enough that they didn't add as much detail to other worlds (because there is A BUNCH in EH) and it probably would require an enormous amount of work. But surely some more trees or randomly generated trash couldn't hurt?

    I also wonder how exactly neighbours will change their houses? Did they mean that only those NPC houses change or also the houses of premades?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    One thing I will say: I don't like how FEW buildable lots there are - especially in a world with such unique gameplay attached to it, so few lots is irritating and feels like such a waste. They could at least have doubled the amount of buildable lots and made it similar to Willow Creek. When it's like 20 small lots sitting together, and there's like one or two buildable lots, it feels so cheap. Would it kill them to add more? It kinda ruins the nice feel of the pack to have such a glaring cheapskate thing going on. I don't necessarily hate the fake buildings generally, but sometimes it's just really bad.
    Same. I cringed when I saw the apartment lots. I was like no let me build apartments not the game out those annoying shells in. Why I hate hidden worlds too for building restrictions.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Of all places to woohoo the developers chose to include a location that is no near to being sanitary - dumpster? :joy:

    Oh yeah, because we all wish to tell our pixelated kids that they are literally conceived in a pile of trash when they don't do their homework.
    I mean we do have bushes and leaf piles too. Woohoo gets messy sometimes.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top