Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Can’t play the game without mods. Hopefully we will get mods to spawn rubbish outside the lots.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Alright, I have wrote a clear statement before about the purpose of this thread (speculations included) which makes many points being made here invalid.
    Now, let's respect and enjoy the thread and move on to what we like to call 'complaining' :)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hey, am I the only one who can't stand the new sim Knox find him annoying? He has such a punchable face ...But don't have to worry not getting the pack...
    Just throwing that out there xD
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    If I ever get this pack, I'll feed Knox to a cowplant. A nice, eco-friendly way to go, he should be pleased with it.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    If I ever get this pack, I'll feed Knox to a cowplant. A nice, eco-friendly way to go, he should be pleased with it.

If I ever get the pack, re-installing a certain mod and welp ;) byebye Knox.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Hey, am I the only one who can't stand the new sim Knox find him annoying? He has such a punchable face ...But don't have to worry not getting the pack...

Honestly the highlight of the second trailer was him getting upset that his idea didn’t win 😂😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    If I get this pack, Knox will be in a box one way or another.
    I'm considering playing him in a temporary save though - after I give him pigtails and a short stache and a uniform from WWII.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options

Honestly the highlight of the second trailer was him getting upset that his idea didn’t win 😂😂😂

IRK XD like dude, this isn't gonna help your cause.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

IRK XD like dude, this isn't gonna help your cause.

He seems pushy and I don’t like it. He’ll be getting a makeover ASAP.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    If I get this pack, Knox will be in a box one way or another.
    I'm considering playing him in a temporary save though - after I give him pigtails and a short stache and a uniform from WWII.

I've never killed a sim before. And I probably won't off Knox either. But you do give me some good ideas....
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    And also, not about the game itself, but it's so wild to me the "in your face, told you so" mentality so many people were quick to adopt once the livestream came out. Imagine thinking that NOT THINKING as a monolith is a bad thing.
    It's indeed a weird mentality.

Also people who say 'you shouldn't judge by just the trailer', forgetting that's exactly what trailers are for!

Well, as someone who was defending the pack even when I was questioning it, the herd mentality goes both ways.
    Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to criticize this pack after seeing the trailer. Some of us wanted to wait and see before judging. So, frankly, I don't blame people for having an "in your face" mentality. No one was blameless here, so please stop trying to act like lone voices of reasons. You were jumping on the bandwagon too from the beginning.

I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, people were jumping on the bandwagon to criticize this pack (aka. MONOLITH), and now you're upset you're on the other side?

I will concede that the trailers were questionable, but the amount of hate it received was absurd and showed a clear herd mentality.

I disagree with the bandwagon and herd mentality thing. I don't see it that way at all but then again, I understand where most of those outbursts and that anger are coming from. Contrary to popular belief it isn't fun to hate or dislike a game series you've invested in.

I think people who came down hard on this pack originally, some of whom like The Sims 4, were/are tired of the way things have been with this iteration. That's why. It's bigger than just 'I don't like this pack' and I wish that was better understood. Things I and others have been saying for years were the exact same things people complaining about this pack said and are still saying. Update babies, fix personalities, improve emotions, improve teens, do more for elders than just knitting, add more lots... The problem is with the game in general, not just the pack. And sure there were also those who simply wanted a different expansion pack theme altogether, it is the 3rd or 4th time they've hit this topic where other areas are sorely lacking. And there were and still are those who feel like this isn't expansion pack worthy too (I still do) but the problem is bigger than just the EP.

EnglishSimmer actually summarized it well in her video about a week ago.

https://youtu.be/sk85rBuosbU

This is the big picture problem. The 16-18 minute mark especially because the reason their pack releases draw anger is because it feels like a shiny little distraction in front of a pile of problems. After you're done with the shiny distraction that pile of problems is still there. The base game still needs a lot of work. Actually the most excitement I see for this EP now is for the base game update though there is more relief about there being more than what the trailers showed, and some are still disgruntled that some updates took this long but better late than never. I don't think the devs would receive as much anger as they do if they'd just fix the base game and (some of them and their fans) would stop making it seem like we're just ungrateful players who love to complain, will never be happy, and are nostalgic for/glamorizing the older games that are worse than we remember even though some of us still play those games today.

I agree with so much of this and really loved her video when I watched it last week! I very much look forward to the pack, and once I get into it (which can take a bit), I can absolutely enjoy TS4 for what it is. Even when there's no new DLC I can have long stints of playing this and having fun...

But it doesn't mean that I don't wish they would continue fixing some of the most crushing base game issues. I don't even care about babies but personalities need to be so so so much better still. I guess I'm fine with dlc not doing that because a) I want these to be base game changes and b) dlc will never fix the core. I don't expect or need it to do. So, seeing how deep the eco gameplay in EL actually is and me genuinely liking that sort of gameplay, I am absolutely down for it. And I will enjoy it. Like I enjoy TS4 in general.

But TS5 needs to do so, so, so much better, there is no denying that. I can't stand another game with so many things missing at launch. And we really need memories and lasting consequences, not just for the sims' worlds but also for their personal lives. And better, deeper family play :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    What about going the opposite route? Maybe he gets so sick of people not following his vision of eco-activisim that he starts to pollute the world in revenge? Then he gets sick and the flies get him.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    @Gordy
    That could work too
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    I hope the firefighters aren't locked into EL and are in the free patch with the repo men. That is a base game feature not an expansion pack feature.
  • Options
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I hope the firefighters aren't locked into EL and are in the free patch with the repo men. That is a base game feature not an expansion pack feature.

It's coming in a patch ^^ it is not tied to Eco-Living.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I don't like him either, though I laughed when he showed up in nothing but his blur during the live stream. I rarely ever like the pre-mades and almost always replace them. None of the Evergreen Harbor sims interest me so they'll be replaced with my sims.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I mean you can always burn him like with any premade. *Shrugs*
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I'm looking forward to the patch.

This game pack is an insult to the sims and everyone who plays it. The livestream was boring and made me even more angry that they wasted time and resources to make this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    I'll probably leave Knox in my basement or something, for what I understood he gets substituted if he dies and maybe the next sim is as obnoxious as he is.

In general, though the pack is more than I expected from the trailers, I feel like it's still missing some traits and objects that go against the eco lifestyle. I mean in general we don't get many or any negative traits aside from the ones in base game (I don't remember any but I might be wrong).

I would also like an update on the wood working table which is long overdue and would have gone nicely with the patch or the pack and the maker trait imo. Maybe there is an update and many of the new things and furniture you can make are done there but I don't think they said that
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020

'Cause the post never existed, we can't delete anything, you're making things up at this point.

Yeah, then don't take it that seriously. Suddenly I'm too negative for the negative thread. Just stop quoting me with these accusations when the only thing I did was saying I enjoyed that some of you were wrong daaaays ago (so what?), since then I'm only arguing that I could and I can discuss what's proposed here too, anybody can, as long the rules are followed, civil and human rights respected.

People, this is not a diary. A forum is made for discussion and the whole internet can see it, a few thousands (or maybe millions) are able to interact with your posts. Don't like it? Ignore it. Wanna engage? You can. Now, can we please move on? Thank you.
    You are free to post here. Don't get Knox down. I have been trolled the same in positive threads too saying I was attacking Gurus for giving negative feedback which was ironic. So don't take the bandwagon seriously. We are a community. I have been enjoying your posts. Don't fall into the trap of sides. It is a hard Knox life for us.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    somewhsome wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I just watched James Turner's video and he changed the eco footprint in the neighborhood go from polluted to neutral by playing for 20 minutes with one sim. I had hoped for more of a challenge.

And he wasn't even trying to, he was just living on an empty lot lol.
    Yeah, really not enough challenge.

If it makes y’all feel better deligracy played in the green neighborhood and turned it neutral in 20 mins without trying. I think James playing on an empty lot may have contributed to it as nothing he was doing was actively causing pollution or damaging the environment. I think it will be harder when he gets more items and you can actively cause pollution with certain items. Here’s hoping at least.

It doesn't make me feel better lol, not at all... the world changed with one or two sims on one lot, playing a certain way for 20 minutes? ... you gotta be kidding hahahaha. It ought to be the result of a whole neighbourhood initiative! It should take in-game-weeks of the whole community living greener to clear the air, or vice versa.

Deli puts a generator or two on her lot, the whole neighbourhood becomes neutral. James had no furniture or power running on his Rags-To-Riches lot, so the whole neighbourhood suddenly had better air. Ahahaha.

Classic Sims 4.

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

The problem isnt lack of lots, it's the "worlds" and how small/closed they are. They're trying to make up for that by thinking more lots are going to solve that issue but it wont. This wasnt an the case with 3's open worlds cause you had available lots to build on and empty lots to place a house. This is why closed worlds in my opinion wasnt a good idea.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2020
    I will keep Knox and the other pre-made sims around. After I have given them some makeovers, the developers never care to fix how their outfits are generated.

rttLIUw.png

I wish that they could fix this.

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

The problem isnt lack of lots, it's the "worlds" and how small/closed they are. They're trying to make up for that by thinking more lots are going to solve that issue but it wont. This wasnt an the case with 3's open worlds cause you had available lots to build on and empty lots to place a house. This is why closed worlds in my opinion wasnt a good idea.

That's true but all in all I feel there's more variety in where we can live with this system. Since we get more diverse worlds, albeit with each having a more limited amount of lots. I think the argument that there are fewer lots overall isn't really valid, however. Of course, if you want to put all your sims in a world like Forgotten Hollow, or are the kind to enjoy building an entire world from scratch, or having all your sims living in a world with the same overall aesthetic, you'll vastly prefer TS3 worlds. If you prefer having a bit more variety through mixed worlds so you can have a bit of desert, a bit of Europe, a bit of woods, a port town, etc. all mixed together - and don't mind having fewer lots per individual world type - you will prefer TS4 worlds.

But we now have about 196 lots with all packs installed (incl. Eco Lifestyle), and not counting Selvadorada & Granite Falls - if I'm not mistaken. That's already a huge amount of lots. And although it's a closed world, sims inventories still fill up just from going to all the festivals, on vacation, restaurants, walking around town, perhaps going to stores you put up, etc. Maybe a lot of people let these lots be auto-filled so that means you get 2-3 times the amount of sims living in them. Remember how TS2 inventories filling up wasn't a good thing? And that was a closed world too. Do I know if that's as much an issue here? No, but I'm relatively sure the amount of lots + sims + inventories + things going on, is the reason why they don't add as many lots per world anymore as they used to.

ETA: edited for clarity :)
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

I played the Sims 3 so I do miss open world but I've come to accept Sims 4 for what it is. That said, I build as much as I play and I need more lots and more empty worlds. I just don't have enough lots to do all the things I want to do.