This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Base game is broken beyond repair - broken trait , emotion (urgggg) whims (sigh).

    Lets hope good packs will make this game somehow enjoyable. I don’t have hope they will fix the base game.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 836 Member
    My only complaint is that toddlers and pets can't get up the stairs in any manner. They can't climb them and they can't be carried. I guess they'll have to teleport.

    I’m disappointed with that too. All my households have toddlers so I guess I can’t use ladders. I hope a mod comes out so toddlers can use them.

  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,046 Member
    edited May 2020

    Actually just try climbing a ladder with one hand. 🖐🏽

    That image in my head made me laugh. :D
    Allons-y!

    ---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    rubytinkerrubytinker Posts: 48 Member
    I am going to stay positive and am really anticipating this coming out. Something new and interesting while socially isolated in my house.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited May 2020
    Koteyka wrote: »
    This is going to sound crazy. But although the livestream did make me feel a little bit better about the pack and I'll probably consider getting it at half-price...

    The HOUSES. Those tiny little unplayable houses which look like 20x15 lots but aren't.

    No, I'm not complaining that they're unplayable.

    But I'm complaining as hell that they look so AWFUL. Like come on! Couldn't they look a little less bland? Why do they have to be so gray?? And the window placement! So irritating...

    And they're not the only ones. I've took a careful look at all of the backdrop houses and I realised I have NEVER hated backdrop houses in the sims so much. I know they should look basic, but this...

    How does Brindleton Bay pull off looking nice? Windenburg? Friggin Willow Creek!?

    The world itself looks pretty decent, but all of the unplayable houses completely ruin the view :cry:

    I was looking at the live stream and the world maps.
    Willow Creek seems so much better and richer for the player (not talking about the eco game play though). 21 lots.
    Evergreen harbor is 15 lots. 4 of them in the form of 2 apartment buildings.
    They are also spread far apart and feel isolated without much happening in the in-between spaces.

    I don't love this world, but I need the lots.
    I have about 20 households in rotation. My favorite worlds are Willowcreek, Windenburg, and Brindleton Bay.
    Newcrest is a bit generic, but it does feel like a neighborhood.

    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,178 Member
    I will read this thread whole again lol I love watching people being wrong.

    It's not about being wrong or right as the thread is not for stating facts to love or hate it, but opinions and feelings towards what might be or what has been shown to us.
    If you know the older threads, it was stated many times that even before more info or news comes out, I'd still like to create a place for people to just freely share their negative thoughts, despite if these were just speculations or not.
    This.

    I find the initial comment quite disrespectful in all honesty.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    edited May 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    Every concern I might have had before the live stream is gone. I take back what I said before and for the first time in a long time, (IMO) this EP is worth the full price. There's enough of an effect on other worlds to affect some game play so it's not just confined to the one world and I think I'll enjoy customizing my other neighbourhoods.

    My only concern now is building in the new world. It looks great (again, just my opinion) but with all the houses so close together and the set dressing basically on the lot your working with, it's going to be really hard to ignore and I'm going to feel forced to build into that style. I also agree with others here about more of them being 20x15 lots as well. It would have been nice for me to build a whole subdivision with my own style.

    Other than that though, I'm actually really excited for this pack now and I'm not going to wait for a sale anymore. ;)

    In didnt even think about that. But if I go for a specific world theme (which I usually do) it would mess up the whole thing. Imagine a steam punk theme with those basic houses all around... I really wish they were actual lots because I love the fact they are so close together.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,168 Member
    I am still exciting about the ep, I am happy about the new Apartments without loud neighbors and the gameplay. But my only complain is about these small lots they are offer. Most of them are max 30x20 or smaller. I am disappointed about the sizes. The biggest lots (30x40) are obviously reserved for the community lots. I hope I will be able to change the size of the community lot, otherwise I am going to ignore this city like I do with the university town.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Every concern I might have had before the live stream is gone. I take back what I said before and for the first time in a long time, (IMO) this EP is worth the full price. There's enough of an effect on other worlds to affect some game play so it's not just confined to the one world and I think I'll enjoy customizing my other neighbourhoods.

    My only concern now is building in the new world. It looks great (again, just my opinion) but with all the houses so close together and the set dressing basically on the lot your working with, it's going to be really hard to ignore and I'm going to feel forced to build into that style. I also agree with others here about more of them being 20x15 lots as well. It would have been nice for me to build a whole subdivision with my own style.

    Other than that though, I'm actually really excited for this pack now and I'm not going to wait for a sale anymore. ;)

    In didnt even think about that. But if I go for a specific world theme (which I usually do) it would mess up the whole thing. Imagine a steam punk theme with those basic houses all around... I really wish they were actual lots because I love the fact they are so close together.

    I would have LOVED that so much! Could have made some really cute condos, or, I was thinking to style some homes in this world like you would see up north, way north, the bright wooden homes, not unlike what we are getting here, but just bright colours. Now I think they'll just look weird. :/

    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I'll definitely be getting this pack eventually, but I want at least 50% off. I like a small handful of build/buy and CAS, mostly the gameplay, idea of the pack, seems interesting. When Laundry Day voting first started this was the kind of pack I was hoping for, solar panels and such.
    I hope the gameplay turns out good because at this point that's all that's going for it. I like the idea, whether they can actually pull it off...
    I really really really hate the build/buy style. There's almost nothing in it I'll use.
    I love the idea of making juice and candles and gardening and woodworking are some of my favorite skills.
    I also don't like this new thing with the world being so detailed and then we get a few small lots. It's like a slap in the face. They waste so much on unimportant details that we can't even interact with.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 169 Member
    Looks like once again, male sims are neglected in CAS items ノಠ_ಠノ
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm annoyed there aren't enough lots, especially no empty lots. I think this is the first world ever with zero empty lots. I want to add in a cafe/restaurant/library/shop, but looks like I'll have to get rid of a bunch of housing for that, which is disappointing.

    Edit: Also as this is the complaint thread, enough with the USA based worlds! We've had too many, half of the worlds have a very similar housing style with the siding. I don't even care what other styles or places they use for inspiration, just anything other than American suburbia with a row of detached houses with fenced in gardens and covered by that wooden siding.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,096 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !
    I dont even play that much anymore really have not touched since the fail of a expansion called Island Living but even at that all my worlds are completely full I cant imagine someone who plays all the time either having to tear down what they made or edit preexisting lots to do anything. We really dont have much lots I probably had more lots in one of my Sims 2 sub neighborhood then Sims 4 has given us total.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I really liked the CAS items. However, I may be in the minority now, but I wasn't impressed with the live stream. I guess this just doesn't interest me or my type of play. I'm glad that some like it and hopefully there's still more to see between now and release.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well, I watched most of the livestream, and I have a better understanding of what this pack is about now.

    However, I feel like I'll have to work hard to incorporate these modern objects into my sort of dated fantasy gameplay. I'm so tired of the modern aesthetic.

    Also, one thing I noticed was they said that Sims will get sick from the adverse effects of pollution, smog, acid rain, etc. But there are no lingering effects of Sims getting sick in general, so I'm not sure it is really that consequential.

    And also, not about the game itself, but it's so wild to me the "in your face, told you so" mentality so many people were quick to adopt once the livestream came out. Imagine thinking that NOT THINKING as a monolith is a bad thing.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I really liked the CAS items. However, I may be in the minority now, but I wasn't impressed with the live stream. I guess this just doesn't interest me or my type of play. I'm glad that some like it and hopefully there's still more to see between now and release.

    That's with me, now granted it looks MUCH better than those AWFUL awful AWFUL trailers...BUT, it just..is NOT my thing...I am a sim's family player I play sims to let them leave a family line...
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

    I need more small lots. I don’t really like to play above 30x20 (sometimes 40x30 if I’m playing an extended family).
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people need more lots. There are so many worlds now I dunno what to do with all the empty lots in my game !

    So much building! Ha! But, not just homes... parks, bars, pools, gyms, retail, restaurants, museums and everything in between and in combination!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited May 2020
    With all of the new info about this EP out through the livestream, and the EA Gamechanger videos, here are some thoughts -

    The base game update will be fantastic. Thanks, Sims team. That's honestly a great update, I'm excited for it.

    But it does feel a bit 'making up for what coulda/shoulda/woulda been in the base game in the first place', or what 'coulda/shoulda/woulda been released for the 20th Anniversary'.

    Yay, firefighters and repo-men! Cool! ... Sims 1 and Sims 2 (and Sims 3?) had all of those. I'm happy to see them back, but I don't think we should be raising our hands and calling down heavenly blessings upon the team for fiiiiiiiiinally putting these classic Sims NPCs back in the game after 5 years of waiting lol. Again, I'm happy to be getting them, but at the same time I'm kind of shrugging here going 'well it's about time'.

    Bills breakdown... hello, Sims 1, with a full budget spreadsheet when you clicked on household funds.

    CAS and Build/Buy are super stylised, which is to be expected. Some of the pieces are pretty cool, and they definitely worked hard on a LOT of new meshes for this EP. The new item count actually feels worthy of a solid DLC (watch James Turner's video for a full breakdown).

    The new traits and aspirations are SUPER SPECIFIC and I'm not for it. I'd rather have a 'stubborn' sim than a 'Green Fiend'. S4 team might want to take a look at a list of personality traits and reassess how they're treating this aspect of the game.

    I am sick of getting worlds with 30 fake lots, and 10 real ones. It really, really bugs me. In the case of this pack, I can understand that they wanted to have lots that can have exterior variations as you "change the town", so lots of fake lots where somewhat necessary. But ohhhh maaannn it grinds my gears to see so few lots available to us to play.

    The gameplay... is not my thing. That's about all I can say about it. There will be some cool stuff for playing rags to riches challenges, which I do enjoy from time to time. But it does literally nothing to fill the gaping holes in the Sims 4 gameplay experience. My original criticisms of this pack still stand: this still feels very much 'been there, done that' to me.

    *Edited to add -
    Watching the footage coming out, I was mostly sitting there thinking "I can't wait for modders to get their hands on these elements, expand them and make them better" - lol.

    I may eventually buy this pack when I can get it for about $15 or $20 bucks. I'll most likely be using it as a stuff pack, so that's about how much I'd like to pay for it. Maybe. I still haven't gotten around to buying Tiny Living yet though so not really holding my breath 🤣
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    meljones wrote: »
    Why does EA have such a fascination with filth and sickness? It was bad enough with having woohoo in the same bushes sims use for an outdoor bathroom. Now they are introducing woohoo in dumpsters cause the smell of rotting garbage is such an aphrodisiac. I watched the beginning of the live stream but the whole thing makes me want to puke. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I sure wouldn't have expected that the sims would have ended up as a game for filth fetishists.

    If I remember correctly the Sims has always had strange places to woohoo. For instance, woohooing in public for everyone to see. That's also can be considered disgusting so i don't think this is some recent only Sims 4 thing.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2020
    Omri147 wrote: »
    And also, not about the game itself, but it's so wild to me the "in your face, told you so" mentality so many people were quick to adopt once the livestream came out. Imagine thinking that NOT THINKING as a monolith is a bad thing.
    It's indeed a weird mentality.

    Also people who say 'you shouldn't judge by just the trailer', forgetting that's exactly what trailers are for!

    Well, as someone who was defending the pack even when I was questioning it, the herd mentality goes both ways.
    Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to criticize this pack after seeing the trailer. Some of us wanted to wait and see before judging. So, frankly, I don't blame people for having an "in your face" mentality. No one was blameless here, so please stop trying to act like lone voices of reasons. You were jumping on the bandwagon too from the beginning.

    I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, people were jumping on the bandwagon to criticize this pack (aka. MONOLITH), and now you're upset you're on the other side?

    I will concede that the trailers were questionable, but the amount of hate it received was absurd and showed a clear herd mentality.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2020
    As far as complaints, the only serious one I have is that the traits and aspirations, as usual, are too specific for items in the pack. There's no point in having 3 traits if they are all about eco-lifestyle. They should have just had one eco-living trait, and then 2 other general traits, like Envious, Unlucky, maybe even a loves pollution trait. And the Aspiration is basically just a tutorial for the pack.
    It seems like they figured out that we wanted more traits, and they did give us more traits with this pack, but they made them as boring as possible. They still haven't figured out that we want more game changing and interesting traits.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    And also, not about the game itself, but it's so wild to me the "in your face, told you so" mentality so many people were quick to adopt once the livestream came out. Imagine thinking that NOT THINKING as a monolith is a bad thing.
    It's indeed a weird mentality.

    Also people who say 'you shouldn't judge by just the trailer', forgetting that's exactly what trailers are for!

    Well, as someone who was defending the pack even when I was questioning it, the herd mentality goes both ways.
    Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to criticize this pack after seeing the trailer. Some of us wanted to wait and see before judging. So, frankly, I don't blame people for having an "in your face" mentality. No one was blameless here, so please stop trying to act like lone voices of reasons. You were jumping on the bandwagon too from the beginning.

    I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, people were jumping on the bandwagon to criticize this pack (aka. MONOLITH), and now you're upset you're on the other side?

    I will concede that the trailers were questionable, but the amount of hate it received was absurd and showed a clear herd mentality.

    Let's be honest, after the trailers it was real hard not to hate the pack. They were preachy and somewhat condescending. They failed to show how the pack was different in a meaningful way from a sub-theme of Island a pack that was extremely shallow in game play. Those trailers wasn't just questionable, they were just plain horrid. I started watch the first one greatly indifferent yet slightly hopeful, but by the end I was angry.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top