Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Ladders, Dumpster diving, death by flies?, candle making, etc.etc. I look forward to seeing/reading more. Thanks for your hard work. I'm going to go read your full blog post about it now.
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Looks interesting. There's a new death, new crafting, a potentially really filthy and grimy world to live in, ladders, electric(?) bikes, community activities and what sounds like the ability to assign a sort of neighborhood-wide version of a lot trait. Seems like a lot of potential there.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    3- Only thing I really like about this pack is the world before it's actually cleaned. I feel like Sims 4 is all rainbows and butteflies, so a run-down, almost apocalyptic city, with polution, diseases and "bad things" (which are basically inexistent in The Sims 4) is very welcome. I'm certainly playing this pack the opposite way, not eco-friendly at all.
    Honestly, my opinion on this pack would change drastically if we could turn every world into an apocalyptic wasteland. The story potential would be insane.
    I would love that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Ladders! That is all.

(It's not, there are more things that look great in this. but also, LADDERS!)

Ladders yet locked by a paywall when they could have patched them in for free :(!

If ladders is a build mode item, then it will be patched because all build mode has to be patched in. But if it's buy mode, then it probably will come with the pack but I don't believe it's up to us to decide what should or shouldn't get patched in.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Wow, this looks really cool. Kinda excited for this one. It's gonna be really hard for me to wait for the next game pack so I have something to bundle it with haha!
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Ok as excited as I am about ladders, this is not a pack i can see myself spending money on. There are so many other things the community wanted more than a mash-up pack of this sort. If this had been a game pack, I would have been more likely to buy and play with it.
    they/he
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    What I like:
    1. Chicken Coop!!!
    2. Candle Making
    3. Is death by flies returning?!

What I dislike:
    1. The town starts out really ugly.
    2. The pack seems centered around adults (again).

Chicken coop? Where?

In the trailer, there’s a sim playing with chicks next to a coop.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    3- Only thing I really like about this pack is the world before it's actually cleaned. I feel like Sims 4 is all rainbows and butteflies, so a run-down, almost apocalyptic city, with polution, diseases and "bad things" (which are basically inexistent in The Sims 4) is very welcome. I'm certainly playing this pack the opposite way, not eco-friendly at all.

Hmmm...cleaning up a city because there's a nasty disease about. What impeccable timing!
  • Options
    Dec3338 wrote: »
    I think it will be fun re-building the world into a place your sims want to live.

My sims will live in it as-is, lol. I've been craving a run down town or poor neighborhood. This is perfect. Of course, I'll have a sim 'make the world a better place' every now and then but I'll probably keep it looking rough most of the time.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I like the dirt and darkness of this. But I think this should be in all worlds like seasons and you consistently need to take care of the environment, cause otherwise it goes back to being dirty and polluted. Not a done that finished kinda gameplay
  • Options
    chillypandachillypanda Posts: 2 New Member
    I mean its not a bad idea to me at least, but I was really hoping for a farming expansion pack :(. This seems like it was already in development so maybe farming will be a game pack instead. I feel like if we were going to get farming maybe Eco-friendly stuff could've been apart of it somehow ( Not completely sure, I don't know a lot about farming), but hey this pack could be interesting maybe.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    What I like:
    1. Chicken Coop!!!
    2. Candle Making
    3. Is death by flies returning?!

What I dislike:
    1. The town starts out really ugly.
    2. The pack seems centered around adults (again).

Chicken coop? Where?

In the trailer, there’s a sim playing with chicks next to a coop.
    I'm pretty sure that's a worm.
    Thanks for letting me know. I was only planning to buy the pack for the chickens.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Dec3338 wrote: »
    I think it will be fun re-building the world into a place your sims want to live.

My sims will live in it as-is, lol. I've been craving a run down town or poor neighborhood. This is perfect. Of course, I'll have a sim 'make the world a better place' every now and then but I'll probably keep it looking rough most of the time.

It seems likely to me that the world condition will be something of a progression and not binary. So, you may still may be able to have some grime and trash without it being a toxic field of death flies.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I want to be able to keep the world grimy without feeling like I'm missing out on a huge part of the packs budget. Failing that, I want to be able to make the other worlds grimy. I want a permanently grimy world!

Other than that there's a lot I'm interested in.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There is one thing I saw from the blog post.
    For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors.

Dew collectors may be new, but wind turbines and solar panels are in The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff pack. I constantly remember receiving money instead of bills in The Sims 2 because I placed a lot of solar panels and wind turbines.
    The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff still exists (even in the Ultimate Collection), thus it isn't the first time.
    If this blog post statement isn't a lie, please explain.

For the first time in TS4.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm ... not sure I really understand this pack.

My thoughts are: is this the Strangerville version of Sulani with University, Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting gameplay worked into one?
    Are we ever gonna get cows? Pigs? Chickens? Will they be the sole selling point of their packs?
    Is this supposed to be a hobby pack? Are there 2 or 3 jobs? Is this online store not already coming with the knitting pack? It sounds the same?
    Is it a coincidence that the knitting pack looks like it was .. cut out from this pack? Even though we knew about it first? Actually, is it weird that many things from the pack votes sound like they could've fit into this?

So many questions.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I was prepared to be disappointed from what I read from others, but my first reaction was "Cool! Excellent for storytelling, finally something gritty!" and next reaction was 'gawd I hope the music is better than this song if there is a new station associated with this!" and next was "They should have called it "End-Stage Capitalisim: The Ouroborus Finally Gets Some Tail!" but that's too long.

So overall it looks excitingly gritty, dismayingly cutesy, and yes...a Capitalist's idea of saving the environment through prettification because as long as it LOOKS nice, it IS nice, right? Group Hugs!

But there are some really cool things in there that make me want to get it: Northern Lights (I have seen them!), did someone say there was worm composting? Because if so, they actually included some real activities of value, and windmills, someone objected to as killing birds...there are such things as bird-safe designs of windmills, but they don't look iconic like the fan-blade ones so of course the game would depict what everyone thinks of...but even if they were fan-blade ones, the thing about that is, the net gain is still there for birds and every other form of life, of that much less carbon emission.

Shipping container houses? Cool. I would love it if bermed houses were also an option. And not just windmills, but solar, tidal, and geothermal...if they didn't include any of that, this really should have been just a stuff pack..because picking up trash is really the most trivial part of change that matters: stopping generating all the trash, fundamentally steering a new course AWAY from the endless fixation on shopping, new stuff, FASHION INDUSTRY (does anyone even care how extremely toxic and wasteful the entire system is of promoting materialism when it comes to clothing? Fashion itself as a concept is just about the most excessive and predatory industry! It's every bit as bad as cubic miles of plastic toys at boxmarts! Yet everyone can't wait to see all those cute outfits and new ways their Sims can have overstuffed closets and homes! And oh, all the LAUNDRY to do! so fun!!!!! (shoot me now!)

The irony is rich and bitter.

Candles are environmentally friendly? Really?!

Well, if it has more than 5 buildable lots, and more of an idea of real change than just how to repurpose our glut of garbage while continuing to manufacture it in the first place and continue to embrace fundamentally hypocritical worldviews of making everything Pretty and Feeling Virtuous while going out and buying all the cute Stuff, great.

At least if it has a realistic ugly side of city life, it will be very valuable for story settings, homeless challenges, that sort of thing.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    UGH I just knew it. Farming would have been a better idea for me. Half of this eco business should have been in island living.

Anyways my only positive is the gringy world. I will keep it a crappy world and it can be one of my ghettos. So a big part of the expansion making it "green", I don't even want to change LOL

waiting for a sale....there is a candlemaking mod out if I really want it now.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nevervmind. The buy stuff is actually pretty dope!

EL3.png

Why didn't they show this in the trailer??? I think they also didn't show that there's soda making?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited May 2020
    When I first saw on FB that this was coming I was not happy, it reminds me sort of what the Island of Sulani already has, but after watching the trailer it has potential. Candle making looks really cool, I love candles, windmills and solar panels look cool. It seems they took a different approach where sims were casting ballots of what should be done, kinda like how they have been letting us vote some on some of the packs. I am not as unhappy as I was, its more like in Sims 3 when you pick Dystopia from the Future, maybe this will have an effect past just the new world. Have they said if it would? That would be cool, maybe make all the worlds pretty. The one thing that would be hard for me is I usually have older type housing and all of those are so modern looking but maybe I, or my husband will help me, can still make an eco friendly older house, now there's a challenge. After seeing the video I am a bit more excited than I was before. It is something different, as they promised, I will at least give it a chance before I make any complaints, who knows it may be fun, and if you do not want to do all the cleaning up and just be a sloppy evil sim you can leave it that way for perhaps a whole different playing style, who knows what could happen. Personally, I am excited they added the candle making, Id buy it just for that lol. Oh and don't forget the dumpster diving sims, just as there were in Sims 3, especially if they wanted Rebel points.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    Is that a chick in a Bee Box? Has a bee box been repurposed as a chicken coop?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Community service was actually a requirement at my high school to graduate. Something I think all high schools should do. So I have had experience with trash clean up since 3rd grade. I am really excited about this pack especially with growing up in an environmental conscious beach town. If beaches were not clean no one would visit them. So I am excited about this pack and with it not reminding me about the pandemic of people only caring about money. It is nice to escape that with this pack and such good timing especially with how well Animal Crossing has done with environmental clean up too in their game. Why the game has been so successful.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Nevervmind. The buy stuff is actually pretty dope!

EL3.png

Why didn't they show this in the trailer? I think they also didn't show that there's soda making?

I love that cardboard playhouse for kids! Hate the white chair though haha!!