Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Honestly, after watching the trailer and reading the blog, I can say that I am interested. The ability to influence the neighborhood is something that I like, and in this pack, because the focus are the changing world itself, I expect the dev to explore more possibilities about what outcome we can produce. They also have some items that looks hi-tech which I like. And I am curious about what kind of object that we can craft as Maker and Crafter (i thin it is the new careers).

But, still, it is better for us to wait for full walk-through to judge the EP.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    I hate this already + tiny living should be part of this EP.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Not great, but Im intrigued. I'll take it over farming. I'd particularly like to see if this would be a good opportunity to just have a grimy terrible world for my sims to live in. Lousy environment, lousy houses, so Im going to pay attention to the build/buy this time around.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited May 2020
    Jnyx wrote: »
    this forum: complains we never get any new ideas in the sims franchise

also this forum: complains whenever we are given new ideas in the sims franchise

:lol: The accuracy though.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Yay the conservationist career from Island Living all over again wrapped up as a new pack...

Oh well I hope this means you will also be making Happy Haunts an EP.

This is what we all wanted....

No... no it's not.
    Not even a little bit.

I'm glad they're trying new things, but I'm just not sure about this one. Sounds like a fun play through but what about after the world is cleaned up or left to rot? Then what? I really enjoy the replayability of new packs. To me that's where the value comes in. Packs like Get Famous are great because the system allows many play throughs with new animations that I still haven't even seen yet since I haven't reached all the perks/quirks. So I'm not sure because as of now it seems like a one and done, but I want to see gameplay first before I make any judgments.
  • AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    Cause you know, if you get your folks around and start cleaning your neighborhood the climate crisis we're in will solve. The power of frendship finally wins yay ;)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Maybe the death isnt but it is kind of new and different the concept is, isnt that what simmers want everything from the previous games too come back and more, that's all I read 😂 @xstxrrysequence
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    This pack isn't exactly unexpected to me personally, considering IL and TL. TL and EL are hot topics right now, and simmers expressed interest in the EL theme during the first community stuff pack vote. Of course, that was under the assumption that EL would be a stuff pack but still, interest was there is my point.

It's really sad to see people willing to spend $40 on ladders and candle making but to each their own. I can't really talk considering I bought tiny living for a couch. I guess there also is the inventor(?) career, a compactor and voting of some sort. I have a feeling this pack will sell well doubtless of its mixed reception in the forums. After all, there are people who simply buy packs because they're completionists and I feel like a lot of people even on the forums who have wanted things that they can only get from this pack i.e candle making and ladders.

In my opinion, Evergreen is much more interesting as a grimy town because cleaning it will just make it like every other sim town (plus wind turbines). And what happens once you clean it up? Does its cleanliness reset every time you play a different family?
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    For the people hyping this for ladders: we'll probably get one or some for free with the free update that comes with each pack.

I would accept this as an EP if it came with cars or other things that pollute the worlds and it got implemented on every world like seasons. Like everything was ok untill cars came along or something happened that polluted most worlds (I wouldn't do it in the Strangerville one because that has it's own gameplay or the vacation destinations) and you have to keep the balance on those.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm not big on this. At all. It's a really stupid idea. I like the goal of it, but I don't want another story-based EP. StrangerVille was too much as it is. Now this? Jesus christ. Calm! Down!
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Lol I don't remember seeing people asking for this, although.... ok? 😝

I and others did!!!!!
  • AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    My first pet stuff meets Strangerville. Anyway, it really looks like it should be a game pack. Let's see... maybe in a bundle.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited May 2020
    There is one thing I saw from the blog post.
    For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors.

Dew collectors may be new, but wind turbines and solar panels are in The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff pack. I constantly remember receiving money instead of bills in The Sims 2 because I placed a lot of solar panels and wind turbines.
    The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff still exists (even in the Ultimate Collection), thus it isn't the first time.
    If this blog post statement isn't a lie, please explain.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No thanks.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Maybe the death isnt but it is kind of new and different the concept is, isnt that what simmers want everything from the previous games too come back and more, that's all I read 😂 @xstxrrysequence

Death by flies is pretty dope. But it's not new, it's from TS1 and TS2. I wonder if it works the same. If it only activates when the world is in really bad shape, it'll suck. Because the fun of death by flies comes from not properly controlling the household and them leaving trash and dirty dishes everywhere.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm excited, although I'm wondering what makes it worth 'Expansion Pack' status besides coming with a new world. It's only a trailer, and for what it's worth, we've never had anything quite like this before so it could be bigger than it looks.

Also, if you're thinking the initial polluted world looked 'exaggerated' then you've never seen the city of New Dehli, affectionately nicknamed 'River Of S***'.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    I can't wait to be a freelance crafter. Searching for supplies to make goods while living an eco/off the grid life sounds like fun to try. And I love the city. I love that we can play in a more grungy neighborhood. I respect the thoughts of others on this pack, but as someone mentioned, this has probably been in the works since it was highly sought after with that previous vote. I still think it's possible to get farming and generations for those who want those packs. It just takes time for them to make the packs, so give it some time. We don't know what's coming at the end of the year. :)
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    this forum: complains we never get any new ideas in the sims franchise

also this forum: complains whenever we are given new ideas in the sims franchise

But...it's not really a new idea.....It kinda borrows the same elements in TS3 back to the future etc.

But they're not wrong. We beg for new ideas, things we've never seen before, then complain when it's not exactly as we expected. This has similar elements to other packs- is that really too bad? It's still something new that we've never seen before. We're still getting ladders, which might even come with Eco Lifestyle's pre-release patch.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I'm intrigued to see more on this pack! Would to love have candle making in game, but I'm not a big fan of having to do X to get the town to look a certain way
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    why do yall consistently ignore ur fanbase and are now giving us a rehash of gameplay we had in the last 3 packs like get it together ur base begs for farming or a couple more animals and u make a island living/tiny living mashup

I can think of a long list of things that would be better than Eco Living

- Crime and Policing
    - Farm Living
    - Run the Government (win elections, create laws for Sims in your world, set the budget for public services, manage crises, track your approval rate)
    - Heroes vs Villains (superheroes vs supervillains, civilian hero careers and civilian villain careers)
    - Pandemic (Don't look at me like that, this game is supposed to mirror real life!)
    - Get Married! (Flesh out relationships, more detailed attraction system, active weddings where your decisions decide if it goes well or not, active honeymoon locations, wedding gifts... WooHoo under the altar?!)
    - Natural Disasters
    - Supernatural
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    I thought I'd re-watch the trailer before I commented. I got less than 7 seconds in -- seeing the fake cars on the streets surrounded by trash.

Fake cars. Cars that do nothing.

More trash piles to clean up. Didn't I buy that feature already in Island Living?

The candle-making may be a nice addition. Was that a baby chicken the guy pulled from the "coop?" Or was it a rescued baby bird? I don't even know what to think. Just how far will those potentially "cool" features take my sims anyway?

**OMG OK. Hold on. Someone just told me that the thing that looks like a baby bird is actually a handful of worms? Is this true??? My jaw is on the floor. I must go study the trailer and not try to think too much.**

Ladders. Nice. But, wait, we did get them already in Island Living, no? Or are these "new" ladders the "full" working version after we pay another 40 bucks? Thankfully, ladders are confirmed to be a base game update (no purchase required), with the Eco Living pack bringing more variations of it.

I don't know. I just don't know.
    Post edited by SAEldarin on
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I found this interesting but i would need to see a deep dive to see everything and a bit of gameplay, candle making, the flies attacking the sim, this might be a death if your sims home gets too dirty, the concept it different and that's what we need in the sims 4, something different, something new, I'm excited too see more

Something new? The flies death is literally from TS2. It’s like they’re running out of ideas now and they’re just borrowing stuff from old Sims games.

Now, this isn’t the smartest comment of the day.

So cats/dogs, seasons etc are also bad ideas just because we have had that in the older sims games?

You guys can never be satisfied.

I personally LOVE this pack!!!

There’s a huge difference between basic things like pets & seasons and a cOugH couGh new way your sims can die.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think watching a deep dive to see what is exactly is in it, see everything and what exactly does it bring too the game, I personally wasnt bothered about eco living, knitting and washing machines, I wanted spirit boards, being a Grimm reaper and dangerous stuff 😂, I'm not spitting my dummy out lol, if whats in it is good I will get it at the end of the day