Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think the sims5 should be made so that each players can customise there own way?

do you think the sims5 should be made so that each players can customise the game via game option to there own playstyle

exemple the sims2 way the sims3 way the sims4 way as well as set via game option if players wents ghost super natural buglars repoman in other word each players select via game options what they went to see in game if players do not went to see ghost super natural or vice versa they simply keep these option turn off but if needed for a particular story they simply go in game option and turn on for there story need same if players prefer to keep aging fully off
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

do you think the sims5 should be made so that each players can customise there own way? 98 votes

yes
86%
auroraael14catmom1987windweaverrudy8292alan650111aprilrosekeekee53CynnafriendlysimmersIObelleVageniusCinebargoodcakebaker62ldmarkoKalaniCoolJavi182determigBimleSimHestiataydev 85 votes
no
10%
LeGardePourpreIcewolfIceyJCAF84elelunicyAllyJean13KokoaMilkVivi_WillowTreemimilu04SillyHvoe 10 votes
feel free to post your own ideas or speculation in a reply
3%
Sakia90simmerLellaDaWaterRat 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    yes
    That would be great! It would unite life simmers instead of pitting against each other. And since it would allow for all types of game players, that would make TS5 VERY profitable and out-do all of them!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    yes
    Yup. All I've ever wanted are options.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    yes
    Obviously options are the way to go no reason to force things like supernaturals on players who want realistic play. I do feel this game should have consequences like the repo man with the obvious way to avoid him being pay your bills life simulator should be the core.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    yes
    Yup. As much as I know that there are people (including the dev team) opposed to toggles, options are absolutely the way to go.
    Occults on/off, adjustable season length, fame on/off, stray animals in worlds, life span toggles, story progression, all the options we already have plus tons more.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    yes
    Yup. The more options, the more freedom, the better.

Something The Sims 4 ALSO lacks.
  • Options
    AverageLuluAverageLulu Posts: 34 Member
    yes
    Yep! Freedom is what the sims should be all about.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    yes
    I think it will only work if it is very customizable.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    yes
    Yes, when it comes to most things in life, more options is always a good thing.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    yes
    to me no mater if the sims game is the sims 1 the sims2 the sims3 or the sims4 players should have the freedom to create the story they went or have the content they went that should be in the game since day 1 while respecting each player playstyle sure there always the option to add custom content cc but not all players went to rely on cc for content they went in game or need
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    yes
    Why choose no though?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    yes
    The worst thing they've done is Strangerville. There is no way to turn that off unless you go through that whole thing. I had to get a new computer so here we go again if I want to use it. I don't know if I'll even bother.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I like the idea of toggles, but from what I understand, the problem with them is the more toggles a game has, the less stable it becomes, especially as the game adds more and more gameplay options that require their own toggles.

And it becomes that much harder and longer to test as they have to (or at least should) test every possible combination, which increases exponentially with each toggle, even if the toggle only has two settings. And some mods will have to be tested against all these possibilities as well, making things that much more difficult - or at least time consuming - for modders.

So if they can program toggles as a practical solution, they'd be great. But I'd worry that they'd increase the number of actual game breaking bugs (as opposed to bugs that some find game breaking, but others can live with or aren't affected by due to play style) with each patch and expansion update.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    yes
    Absolutely yes. I dont know why there was such opposition to having this. Probably budget and time constraints on the teams part and sheer laziness on EAs. And I dont want some lazy thing where it's all or nothing with Occults and you have to toggle them all on or all off, I wanna be able to toggle on specific ones and toggle off specific ones. *sometimes* a simmer just wants the build/buy and cas items not the actual occult lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    yes
    Absolutely yes. I dont know why there was such opposition to having this. Probably budget and time constraints on the teams part and sheer laziness on EAs. And I dont want some lazy thing where it's all or nothing with Occults and you have to toggle them all on or all off, I wanna be able to toggle on specific ones and toggle off specific ones. *sometimes* a simmer just wants the build/buy and cas items not the actual occult lol

thank you you made a pretty good point pretty sure lots of players it might not be my case creates gothic sims but would like to use the vampire clothes on there creations with out having to make the sim it self into a vampire if its for a particular story

• Options
    yes
    @catloverplayer what are your toughs on this?

• Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    yes
    Yes, especially sim-personality wise (traits, behaviour, in-game reactions etc)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes, but not so broad. I don't seem to share my "playstyle" with anyone (who shares pics or stories online). Each person has different nuances. I need more precise customization than the example (unless I misunderstood). (ETA:) My play style can NOT be narrowed down to a description, it's too hard to just simplify down to a "style." It's much more specific, and I guess there are others who don't fit simply under "a style," too.

I don't know if there really is a "Sims 2 way" or a "Sims 3 way," etc. Many people don't play TS3 the way people assume (one household with EA story progression, who even uses EA SP?). I play Sims 3 and NOT "the Sims 3 way," if that even is a thing.

Otherwise yes, but even more custom than implied in the OP.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    While it would be interesting, I don't think it's going to happen. There's only going to be The Sims 5 way.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019
    yes
    I voted yes, but I doubt it will happen. I fear it's a server world with very little input from the player of how to customize that world or their Sims. TS4 has proven players of today like scripted play and don't mind at all less customization or it wouldn't have been so successful. But some of us older players from way back are still hoping for the day where we control every little thing that happens and or is possible to change. TS4 proves players didn't mind lots they couldn't edit, or story concepts with scripted play, or less choices in traits or trait slots or even if life forms such as baby and toddlers weren't in the game. (Babies are objects) It was only long time veterans of this game that were bothered by this lack of choices in the long run. I think TS5 will take it's cues from TS4 and make it even less customizable. After all some people said it was perfectly fine there wasn't even a color wheel in game, let alone a CASt with excuses or reasons they spent too much time in CASt so it was ok to not include it. With that sort of fanbase, I don't think Maxis will go forward with long time veterans in mind, but with their new fanbase of TS4 in mind. Less is better to them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    yes
    The game sells itself on, "play your way" so yes of course.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    yes
    Absolutely, if the modding community can give us the tools to tweak the game to our liking (and thank you for that modders!), then why can't the developers? A check box to toggle on/off all interactions as we see fit may be alot to ask for, but it would be nice.

I'd also like to see the neighborhoods be something of a mix between 3 & 4. Open up the neighborhoods but keep them small & keep them all connected. Also let us choose which worlds are homeworlds & which are destinations. Again, not sure about the feasibility of this, but it is a pipe dream of mine.

And finally, relationships. Sorely neglected in 4. We need step-parents/siblings, aunts, uncles, & cousins. I also seem to have difficulty maintaining friendships & romantic relationships. To be fair, I'm just not very good with social & romantic interactions, but that's all the more reason why I need the game to help with that as much as possible. I once had a teen flirt with another teen & a romance started to bud, but when I rotated into his household, she was not even in his relationship panel! I also had a toddler who couldn't even introduce herself to her own grandmother. Those may have just been bugs, but they're what killed family/rotational play for me. How can I develop a community when my sims keep being total strangers to each other?

I'm still on the fence over whether I plan to move on to Sims 5. I said Sims 3 was the end of the road for me, but here I am now, so I guess I'll just wait & see what 5 has to offer. If they focus more on relationships & less on emotions, that would be a good start. And bring back the color wheel!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I like the idea of toggles, but from what I understand, the problem with them is the more toggles a game has, the less stable it becomes, especially as the game adds more and more gameplay options that require their own toggles.

And it becomes that much harder and longer to test as they have to (or at least should) test every possible combination, which increases exponentially with each toggle, even if the toggle only has two settings. And some mods will have to be tested against all these possibilities as well, making things that much more difficult - or at least time consuming - for modders.

So if they can program toggles as a practical solution, they'd be great. But I'd worry that they'd increase the number of actual game breaking bugs (as opposed to bugs that some find game breaking, but others can live with or aren't affected by due to play style) with each patch and expansion update.

I tend to agree - even though there are certain features of the game I'd like to turn off (like making other life forms optional, as we had in S3), it does make testing and bug stomping that much more difficult. Then again, every pack added to the game does the same thing. I still wonder if some of the toggles that have been rejected might not work if players had to make a choice when starting a new save. That would at least eliminate the problem of saves becoming corrupted when toggles are changed.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    yes
    I believe in 100% customization :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    yes
    To me, the whole point of The Sims franchise is its open-ended gameplay and semi-sandbox type playstyle. Being able to customize everything, without a freighter full of mods (that are a pain in the backside to manage) is just what the game needs.

At present, I've got quite a few mods that either allow me to disable certain features; or add features (usually more dynamic Sim behavior/actions) to the game.