February 21 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

How Do You Prefer to Play The Sims- Vanilla/Mods/CC?

2...Next

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 1,875 Member
    Mods & CC
    It really depends. I mainly just use in NRaas mods but occasionally download cc. I am playing on an old laptop so I can’t overload on cc. The NRaas mods seem to help my game, that is the reason for them. Are use a custom skin as well as different eyes as well. By the way, this is for Sims 3. For Sims 4, mainly just CC.
    ROeC1gK.jpg
    The Batfamily
  • MadTinkerer_101_MadTinkerer_101_ Posts: 6 New Member
    Vanilla
    The sims franchise is about the only installment of video games that I can play without mods because it’s made so perfect and with all the dlc there is really nothing for me to want a mod.only mod I ever considered was when I was a teen playing this game wanting a nudity mod that removed the blur.Lol
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,886 Member
    Can’t really do the poll. I played Sims 3 vanilla for years. Those were the years that I was completely addicted to the game and I obviously didn’t need CC or mods for that to happen. That being said, I’m very happy with the mods and CC I have now. I couldn’t imagine to play without them anymore.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 214 Member
    Mods
    I play with a minimal amount of mods, usually just NRaas for TS3 and MCCC for TS4.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 2,313 Member
    CC
    Depends on game setting style. Contemporary gets vanilla, while period gaming gets appropriate CC. I've a couple of saves that are for experiments, so get CC of that nature. I avoid mods as EA is constantly breaking them, though am aware of how much they contribute for many, have made appropriate notes, so may try once the problem ends.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 2,946 Member
    Mods & CC
    I only use a little cc, mainly for themed saves (Oldwest, inspired by other games etc.), and could play without them perfectly well.

Mods are a different story, I delay updating The Sims and sometimes even purchasing packs I want until I have made sure that my favorite mods are compatible with the new game version.
    Simblr: https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/
    Currently running: Detroit Become Human based rotational save
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 203 Member
    Mods
    But only MCCC for now. After the last patch is released, though...

I've seen a few mods that I'd love to use (e.g. Slice of Life), but I don't want to have to worry about updating everything every time a new patch comes out. I know I could probably remove MCCC without any issues if I had to, but I don't know about any other mods.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 15,244 Member
    Mods & CC
    I played Sims2 vanilla because Boolprop scared the beejeebies out of me and I didn't wish to injure my computer, nor my game. I learned to use Mods come Sims3, when I lost my favorite Sim in WA. My Rock Star was on his honeymoon in one of the worlds (been too long to recall which one) and I couldn't get the couple back home. The game would constantly crash on me. Twallen, himself, posted in my thread about it and offered a solution to my problem, Bless him! My desire to get my Sims back overrode my fears of the unknown and I installed his Traveler mod. As he explained it WA had issues 'shaking hands' with the rest of the game. Now, that's a major league error on the part of the designers. This was their game, all parts should work in harmony with the other parts, no? At any rate, I ended up using close to, if not exactly, 20 of his Mods to help stabilize the game, and to fix the horrendous Story Progression.

I have to admit I was slow to introducing mods in Sims3. But then came Sacrificial's Road to Fame mod. I missed my singer Sim so badly that I was willing to see what this mod would do toward that end. I figured I would just have to fake it in some manner or other. And my Sim was gaining recognition for his Simstagram account, so there was his 'fame'. Then we got a full-fledged singing skill with CL. Now, I just needed a way to have him sing in public before his Simstagram public and I could use MCCC to add money to his family account. I still had a ways to go to sorting this out when we got word that GF was being released and very soon, too. I uninstalled RTF, thinking it was no longer needed and mention it on a thread. Somebody was so kind to inform me there was a new version of this mod that included Professional Singer! Now, I love GF and the celebrity system is so much better than in Sims3, but singers aren't really recognized, or at least not very often. I'm told by others it's a random thing for a musician to receive a Starlight Accolade for a song written.

But, unless there's an addition to GF, this gives me back my singer Sim. I can't and won't play without mods anymore. As for cc, I do play an ancestral game save set in the 18th century. And although, we didn't have anything like a phone or computer in that time frame, I make due and have fun. I've recently come across some of the older cc I used in the past, but also some newer stuff. Like the linen cap the women wore I could never find before. I am one happy camper.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 1,041 Member
    Vanilla
    I prefer to play vanilla when the game is still offering new content. I dont like to have to take it all out and wait for upgrades after a patch or pack is released. But when the game is done i then look for mods and cc that fit and improve my gameplay. So, i play sims 4 vanilla (havent played for months, almost a year now...) and play 3 with mods and cc.
  • SintheaSinthea Posts: 7 New Member
    Mods & CC
    I have a few main mods I use, MCC and UI and such and a handful of CC stuff packs. Mostly I'll use CC and Mods to fix something missing from the game in my opinion. A under the counter mini fridge, a sink/toilet combo, washer/dryers snapping under counters, bunk beds and such. I've got smaller mods for preschool, changing the cost of university and smaller things like that.
  • Travioli74Travioli74 Posts: 10 New Member
    Mods
    I'm a total mods and cc guy. Mainly because I find vanilla gets boring quickly. Once I've played a family through a couple generations, there isn't anything different a new family can add. I absolutely love adding mods and CC even though it does a little longer to load. I am currently playing the great great great grandson of my first Sims 4 family after a long break between each. New mods make the game much more interesting for me. If I may I'd like to brag on my favorite mod Road to Fame. I absolutely love becoming some of the elite celebrities in town.