Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I've made many of residental lots with different pine trees so my household would "look like" their home was in the middle of the woods/forest. Finally EA MAXIS made a town like that. I hope they eventually make a bigger Forest town with 15 lots.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I couldn't see it, but when Elmo was mentioned now I cannot not see it lol
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I can't see it so
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited August 2019
    lol. Half the troll's face is hidden by the house and the waterfall. I'm curious now to know if it was a thing with the world devs! @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruGrant

Here. I used paint to highlight what I see in the rocks.....

SLrxv0P.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Presuming it is a mod/CC type world. Pretty, though.

What is a mod/cc type world? Considering we can’t make custom worlds in the Sims 4. 🤔

It reminds me of CC worlds I've seen on the net (perhaps not for TS4) from highly capable builders. It also comes across as something beyond the capabilities of the folks that have been giving us the jokes of worlds we've been getting, especially of late. There is no comparison between what's in those shots with, say, Strangerville. Also, this thread was the first one I encountered related to the new pack.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited August 2019
    @nerdfashion

Since it has herbalism I think it'd be worth to get as well if you can!

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited August 2019
    By the deign of Glimmerbrook, it seem to be next to Granite Falls
    Note for the guy than made a World map
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Reminds of of Granite Falls too, but I'm so going to build and be able to make more Sims to add to Glimmerbrook. Best thing about Glimmerbrook is unlike Granite Falls, it is not a vacation world--so happy for that. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

This is so gorgeous!! I love, love, love waterfalls in real life, I like to go on hikes to find them, especially in the White Mts area in NH. I really appreciate the variety of them that they put into the worlds, it's one of my favorite things about the scenery.

I wish I could find this on my next hiking journey.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

And that one does have something magical - I think that's the portal to the Magic Realm (does it have more of a name than that? If not, I'll have to think of something.)
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

This is so gorgeous!! I love, love, love waterfalls in real life, I like to go on hikes to find them, especially in the White Mts area in NH. I really appreciate the variety of them that they put into the worlds, it's one of my favorite things about the scenery.

Notice the portal on top?
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

And that one does have something magical - I think that's the portal to the Magic Realm (does it have more of a name than that? If not, I'll have to think of something.)

Question is how will our sims get to that portal?
  • Options

That's... This portal..

realm-5.jpg

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am so excited about this world!

My sim is currently living in Brindleton Bay, I got a temporary witch-house going there. As soon as we get some lot-seizes I will start building on their new home. Sure I will update with new things from Realm of Magic but I like to get a floor plan going, a feeling for the build. For me this is a fun way to prepp.

Hope we will get more info soon!! :#
  • Options

Notice the portal on top?

I did indeed! That's why I wish I could encounter it on a hiking expedition in real life, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    WolfNate wrote: »

That's... This portal..

realm-5.jpg

So you can get close to the waterfall. Unfortunaly in this location though it's right below your sim.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer Below? It's shallow water you can just walk in it
  • Options
    SimGuruNinja says there is 1 empty lot in Glimmerbrook.
  • Options

Not in Glimmerbrook, I think there's four or five. In the magical realm there's one but you need to activate the build cheat for that one.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Not in Glimmerbrook, I think there's four or five. In the magical realm there's one but you need to activate the build cheat for that one.

No I mean empty lot to build on. There are actually 5 lots in Glimmerbrook and 1 is an empty lot so there are 4 lots that have something on them. I asked about Glimmerbrook.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

That's... This portal..

realm-5.jpg

So you can get close to the waterfall. Unfortunaly in this location though it's right below your sim.

huh?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think it would be more magical, (Risky and a leap of faith) if the portal was on the edge of the cliff/waterfall.
    Are you worthy for the Realm of Magic?
    New Death Type? (Sim) wasn't worthy, Death by waterfall.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am so ready for this new world. I think it is stunning, and even if I never get into the magic part of this pack I know I will use Glimmerbrook and the new build assets. It's the perfect world for playing around with the off-the-grid lot type. I have been so busy this summer I am looking forward to Labor Day then comes the beginning of some down time to play my game. And, yes, I would spend twenty dollars for a new world. LOL I know that might confuse some Simmers who are excited about the magic aspects in this pack but I can't have enough variety when it comes to worlds. So when I watched the reveal trailer my interest in ROM went from 'meh' to 'OMG' in about ten seconds. Having just five lots is a bit disappointing but will make it easier to play rotationally through four households and have a venue of some kind on the smallest lot. It will be the perfect world for small farms, artists, photographers or the occasional loners. The alchemey/potions part appeals to me but I don't have much interest in playing an occult Sim. But I am happy for the occult players because they have been waiting for this pack for a very long time. It looks as if this game pack will have something for everyone to enjoy. Now all I need is to get through having a houseful of guests over the Labor Day weekend, do some yardwork, clean my house and get some rest before ROM is released. Time will fly by I am sure, but I am excited about having a new world to play around with. :)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    gah, i'm so antsy to know what the non-residential lot in glimmerbrook is... my best guess is it'll be some kind of bar or pub, since those are often used as community hangout spots the world over... i'd love if it were something else, but unless there's a new lot type (that hasn't been announced, so not super likely) i can't really think of anything... maybe a park

i've already got plans for that lot, of course... have a procurer of esoteric goods who needs a store to unload all her finds, magical and nonmagical alike and glimmerbrook sounds like the perfect place for that (...and the pack gives her new things to sell, such as familiar 'eggs', potions and such)

fully expecting there to be little stalls in the magic realm for some of that (like a few potions, crystals, wands and brooms in the one we see a ghost run in the trailer) but this'll be nice for non-spellcasters or sims i don't want to constantly be going to the magic realm