Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Glimmerbrook is too small for my main families. I like neighborhoods that have enough room to put in destinations for my sims to visit, so they can do everything without leaving their hometown. With Sulani, I was barely able to squeeze in camping grounds, a restaurant, a rec center/school and a store. I get that they wanted to make the place feel isolated and small, but one or two more lots wouldn't have hurt.

But I'll use it for my sims' grandparents' home, or an orphanage for occult kids. Basically, a place you have to go out of your way to visit, and you'll have to sleep over while you're there.

Your post for me points out why it is better to have editable neighborhoods and locating lots in other neighborhoods does not necessarily work out all the time and you are forced to alter what you really want to achieve.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Yeah, loved C.S. Lewis writings when I was younger, the book I was fond of was the Voyage of the Dawn Threader if I remember right. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

My first thought as well. :)
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Now all you modders are going to give the RoM portal a wardrobe skin
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I never thought that I could get to Narnia through the back of a wardrobe but when I was little I read a story of a world behind a row of runner beans. (we grew them on adjoined A frame crossed long canes years ago) at the bottom of our garden and I was forever looking through their leaves after that. :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Now all you modders are going to give the RoM portal a wardrobe skin

Oooh I hope someone does a Looking Glass Texture... that would look so good!.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I do hope they've tested those Glimmerbrook lots with the Gallery to make sure none of those trees block our views of our uploaded lots! :/
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I do hope they've tested those Glimmerbrook lots with the Gallery to make sure none of those trees block our views of our uploaded lots! :/

This is a valid point
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'm hoping for more fish, insect and other collectables.
    I love my sims collecting stuff. I made my own collection sheets so I can tick off every thing they collect.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @mock68 unfortunately, i doubt we'll get any more regular insects, since that collection came in a pack... much as i'd love to see more insects, i've got a feeling people will shriek about 'you need a pack for a pack' again, even if that's not the case

we might see 'magical' or 'alien' insects or something similar to them in other packs and i'd love that, too... but yeah, i need more beetles and moths... even a few spiders would be nice

fish would be nice, too. i always enjoy more of those (and am still disappointed we didn't get any sixam ones with gtw...there's a river and everything). and we know we're getting 2 new plants. wouldn't be surprised if a few new crystals, too. and i'm still trying to figure out if familars will count as one of the collections or not
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    lol, I was just watching the trailer again, and I noticed something very funny! The world looks like a creature!

It has a body, and it's hands are holding up the two side areas.

iWAYBEQ.png

And if you notice, you can see it's face in the rocks! It's eye is under the green tree to the left of the house, and it's ear, and it's mouth. It looks like it's looking up to the sky...

pyCreQu.png

LOL....or maybe I'm just weird to even think they did that on purpose! :#

Can you label the parts of the face haha
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    lol. Half the troll's face is hidden by the house and the waterfall. I'm curious now to know if it was a thing with the world devs! @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruGrant

Here. I used paint to highlight what I see in the rocks.....

SLrxv0P.png

Thank you! I could NOT SEE IT
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    lol. Half the troll's face is hidden by the house and the waterfall. I'm curious now to know if it was a thing with the world devs! @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruGrant

Here. I used paint to highlight what I see in the rocks.....

SLrxv0P.png

Thank you! I could NOT SEE IT

haha. I might be the only one who did!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think this world already looks amazing. I am super excited about the Hogsmeade looking village. Wish they could've put one editable lot in the town area though so I could've had Hog's Head Inn there but it's ok, no big deal. Sure can't wait for the live stream on this one.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    treece01 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Strange that this house:

WSlMP15.png

Is not visible in this picture:
    Glimmerbrook and The Magic Realm
    Uhcqjpj.png

I think the building in the center is the house. Looks like the back from the world view to me.

I believe that is/ maybe Winterhold - University of Witchcraft I saw mention in PC Gamer Magazine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    treece01 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Strange that this house:

WSlMP15.png

Is not visible in this picture:
    Glimmerbrook and The Magic Realm
    Uhcqjpj.png

I think the building in the center is the house. Looks like the back from the world view to me.

I believe that is/ maybe Winterhold - University of Witchcraft I saw mention in PC Gamer Magazine.

Let's not get people's hopes up unnecessarily. The mention of Winterhold isn't about something in RoM, it's simply a reference for the feel of the world we've seen in the trailer. It's just mentioned the same way as saying "this feels like Harry Potter/Hogsmeade".
    That house is more like a big hangout for mages and where the three teachers live.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    That house is more like a big hangout for mages and where the three teachers live.

I also think it is more of a hangout. I wonder what lot type it will be. I suspect a new one.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I also think it is more of a hangout. I wonder what lot type it will be. I suspect a new one.

Oh?
  • jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    Loving the look of the new world but I would have loved it if they brought back Magic Town. Ah well, maybe there will be some nostalgic elements to this pack. I think I saw the crystals in the trailer sold by a vendor. These looked like the magic crystals from Making Magic. Vicki Vampiress, Faerie Queen Mara, Mystery Man, Apothecary Todd and Nagganaste would be welcome returns.

Oh?

Just pure speculation and wishful thinking. I basically don't see what normal lot type would fit.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member

Oh?

I think it will be like the hospital, lab & police station in Get To Work. The gurus basically said it is only editable through cheats. I don’t think it will be a new lot type at all. Just heaps of coding built in to the area.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    Kamio wrote: »

I think it will be like the hospital, lab & police station in Get To Work. The gurus basically said it is only editable through cheats. I don’t think it will be a new lot type at all. Just heaps of coding built in to the area.

You can only visit those with a job this place is basically an uneditable (without cheats) city
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think the house in the realm might not be a specific lot type (unless it's something like Generic) since it's only editable by cheats. Or if it is, it's going to be a hidden type like Sylvan Glade or Forgotten Grotto. Or indeed the GTW work lots, just accessible without a job (but maybe with a special requirement for access?)