Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I find it a pain in the wand I gotta travel to this area then pan camera all over creation to find the mystical portal to skylands.

Nope, just find the water near the pink trees :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Still unless you make a mage in CAS you're stuck with having to walk to it. Hope it's like JA and in a 'park' you travel to.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I find it a pain in the wand I gotta travel to this area then pan camera all over creation to find the mystical portal to skylands.

Actually, a guru tweeted that there'll be a path that leads to it, so that's what you have to find.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    The magic realm isn’t my style. It’s too spacey. I would have liked the English town to be in a normal neighbourhood style, not floaty space rocks and everything is purple.

Glimmerbrook looks like a tiny town between Windendburg and whatever the original town was. It’s small, boring and - as usual - the houses all feel isolated rather than communal.

I’m so done with this game.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I think Glimmerbrook looks great, might be good for some off the grid type gameplay, have nt tried that yet. Can’t wait. 😀
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have always wanted my sims to live in Granite Falls so I am very happy this new livable world. Cannot wait to explore it :)
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I need to find the tweet again, but from what I remember the Sages are in different parts of the house. That’s why it’s not good to edit it, BUT if you do the Sages will just end up walking around outside.
    Found it:

Oh my goodness! Call me crazy, but do you know what tweet reads like to me??

Maybe they are working on coding for us to make our own apartments/townhomes! (sims staying in their own areas) I wonder! I want to hope! Maybe????!!!!

Maybe if modders can find that code, they can at least create a mod to add something similar to your own builds?
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Are there any brand-new venues,or will we be be stuck with more boring base game venues?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    lol, I was just watching the trailer again, and I noticed something very funny! The world looks like a creature!

It has a body, and it's hands are holding up the two side areas.

iWAYBEQ.png

And if you notice, you can see it's face in the rocks! It's eye is under the green tree to the left of the house, and it's ear, and it's mouth. It looks like it's looking up to the sky...

pyCreQu.png

LOL....or maybe I'm just weird to even think they did that on purpose! :#
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited August 2019
    @MasonGamer HAHAHAHAHA! The realm is an Elmo rock creature!!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Omg!! LOL!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Super excited for Glimmerbrook even as a non occult player. It looks like a perfect off the grid neighborhood.

And again....if you hate the game so much you could always not purchase or play at all😊. Unlike the sims, we don't have a free will toggle....so you always have a choice to be doing something you actually enjoy.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019

I, for one, welcome our supreme overlord Elmo.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited August 2019
    I’m happy to see another “Mountain world”. In the winter it must be beautiful!! Also I wonder if the magic world has seasons ?
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member

Is the gif not working for anyone else? I’m on mobile atm cause I’m on vacation so that might be the issue. Maybe one of you wonderful people could describe it to me ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Is the gif not working for anyone else? I’m on mobile atm cause I’m on vacation so that might be the issue. Maybe one of you wonderful people could describe it to me ❤️❤️❤️

It's a really pretty (I'd use the word magical, but in this context that would imply something I don't mean to) waterfall with a celtic-looking stone bridge in the distance. Play the gif and the waterfall animates nicely. That's about it, unless I missed something.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’m happy to see another “Mountain world”. In the winter it must be beautiful!! Also I wonder if the magic world has seasons ?

A simguru on twitter confirmed all seasons in Glimmerbook, no weather in the realm of magic (said it was protected by an impenetrable force that didn't allow weather....or some such thing).
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    Thanks @DaWaterRat for the description! I’m so excited to play in the world it looks fantastic!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm more of a realism player but I'll admit that is a cool looking world. I might get persuaded in the right mood.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It's working for me on my phone.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Strange that this house:

WSlMP15.png

Is not visible in this picture:
    Glimmerbrook and The Magic Realm
    Uhcqjpj.png

I think the building in the center is the house. Looks like the back from the world view to me.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm so excited about Glimmerbrook! I hope it doesn't snow very much there. I really want a liveable forest world without a lot of snow. It would feel more like where I live.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: