Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Below? It's shallow water you can just walk in it

think what she meant is, that in that shot you showed the sim is on top of the waterfall cause that's where the portal is, a beautiful spot.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    I wonder if there will be one or two new weathertypes for the Realm... probably not. :/ imagine a supercool starshower
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    lol, I was just watching the trailer again, and I noticed something very funny! The world looks like a creature!

It has a body, and it's hands are holding up the two side areas.

iWAYBEQ.png

And if you notice, you can see it's face in the rocks! It's eye is under the green tree to the left of the house, and it's ear, and it's mouth. It looks like it's looking up to the sky...

pyCreQu.png

LOL....or maybe I'm just weird to even think they did that on purpose! :#

Looks like a skeleton to me. I think its Bonehilda :D
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be one or two new weathertypes for the Realm... probably not. :/ imagine a supercool starshower

The gurus did mention some kind of new night and day effects for the Realm. So perhaps there will be some surprises.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »

Question is how will our sims get to that portal?

That's... This portal..

realm-5.jpg

So you can get close to the waterfall. Unfortunaly in this location though it's right below your sim.

huh?

If you look at the gif the portal is right above the waterfall.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    gah, i'm so antsy to know what the non-residential lot in glimmerbrook is... my best guess is it'll be some kind of bar or pub, since those are often used as community hangout spots the world over... i'd love if it were something else, but unless there's a new lot type (that hasn't been announced, so not super likely) i can't really think of anything... maybe a park

i've already got plans for that lot, of course... have a procurer of esoteric goods who needs a store to unload all her finds, magical and nonmagical alike and glimmerbrook sounds like the perfect place for that (...and the pack gives her new things to sell, such as familiar 'eggs', potions and such)

fully expecting there to be little stalls in the magic realm for some of that (like a few potions, crystals, wands and brooms in the one we see a ghost run in the trailer) but this'll be nice for non-spellcasters or sims i don't want to constantly be going to the magic realm

I wonder if it will be a new lot type that has some kind of magical effects? That would rock!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    kalaksed wrote: »
    gah, i'm so antsy to know what the non-residential lot in glimmerbrook is... my best guess is it'll be some kind of bar or pub, since those are often used as community hangout spots the world over... i'd love if it were something else, but unless there's a new lot type (that hasn't been announced, so not super likely) i can't really think of anything... maybe a park

i've already got plans for that lot, of course... have a procurer of esoteric goods who needs a store to unload all her finds, magical and nonmagical alike and glimmerbrook sounds like the perfect place for that (...and the pack gives her new things to sell, such as familiar 'eggs', potions and such)

fully expecting there to be little stalls in the magic realm for some of that (like a few potions, crystals, wands and brooms in the one we see a ghost run in the trailer) but this'll be nice for non-spellcasters or sims i don't want to constantly be going to the magic realm

I wonder if it will be a new lot type that has some kind of magical effects? That would rock!

I'd imagine "A Magic Hour" Trait or something that Take's your sim's power levels to new heights.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Maybe a lot trait could authorize the use of magic outside of the realm!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I bet the venue in Glimmerbrook is either a bar or lounge. There is also a starter home.

Also I'm wondering if the witches who live in the realm will be the welcome wagon.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Does anyone know what the lot sizes are yet?
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the lot sizes are yet?

No sadly lot sizes hasn't been mentioned yet.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Maybe a lot trait could authorize the use of magic outside of the realm!

This is what I am hoping for. I don't mind no magic in the real world by default as long as we can opt in, if we can turn it on somehow so npc's can use magic. A lot trait seems a good way to do this. And preferably also some way to avoid the negative reaction other sims might have to seeing magic.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I hope my Spellcasters don't wonder into the City Festivals. It's so weird when my lsland sims and Mermaids go to the City Festivals.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I must say it is beautiful but I hope the gameplay seals the deal as I love art but I also care about gameplay and like EA/Maxis scored good with me with GT, I hope they score with this. I have an way to get this for $4.99 so it will be an day one purchase for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019

What what qualifies as “the right place?” To me everywhere and anywhere is “the right place.”
    When will I ever see a sim doing magic in the background, and Be like “this is not the right place for you to be doing that!” Who does that?

I’m not too bothered by it all I care about is my sims being able to do magic anywhere at my command, and they can and that’s good.

If they said Sims can’t do magic outside the Realm or magic... then we’d have a problem.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    @MasonGamer A Lot Trait? That has Casters may appear here and use magic?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @MasonGamer A Lot Trait? That has Casters may appear here and use magic?

I'm expecting it to simply mean The Magic Realm as the appropriate place. A lot trait would be great though. And 2 spellcasting things being added to clubs does give me hope about magic outside the realm.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

After we got Seasons I would go to Granite Falls just to see it in the winter. This will be wonderful to live in.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Glimmerbrook is too small for my main families. I like neighborhoods that have enough room to put in destinations for my sims to visit, so they can do everything without leaving their hometown. With Sulani, I was barely able to squeeze in camping grounds, a restaurant, a rec center/school and a store. I get that they wanted to make the place feel isolated and small, but one or two more lots wouldn't have hurt.

But I'll use it for my sims' grandparents' home, or an orphanage for occult kids. Basically, a place you have to go out of your way to visit, and you'll have to sleep over while you're there.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    I'm wondering if skating rinks will spawn in Glimmerville. Some people have said they have in Sulani.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    I can't figure out how to post tweets, but if you click the link it will show you a magical scene.

http:/https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1166109839300296704
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I can't figure out how to post tweets, but if you click the link it will show you a magical scene.

http:/https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1166109839300296704

url bbc coding not needed.