July 10 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
July 8 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.

Dark Mode

2...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 86,703 Member
    edited October 2019
    This is what we need something like lights out mode on Twitter. I have no idea why the pic is blurry.

Screenshot_20191030-215722_Twitter.jpg

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,802 EA Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

While I'm aware it's not the same, neither works for all devices, I love to see you have been sharing tips & tricks on how to simulate a dark mode experience on the forums.

There's currently no plans for implementing this on the forums, and I don't think this will change in the near future. However, I want to thank you all for voicing your thoughts around this topic: while I don't bring the news you would like to hear, I really appreciate your feedback and will keep this in mind in case something changes in the future.

Thank you!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

While I'm aware it's not the same, neither works for all devices, I love to see you have been sharing tips & tricks on how to simulate a dark mode experience on the forums.

There's currently no plans for implementing this on the forums, and I don't think this will change in the near future. However, I want to thank you all for voicing your thoughts around this topic: while I don't bring the news you would like to hear, I really appreciate your feedback and will keep this in mind in case something changes in the future.

Thank you!
    This is sad news to hear I use Dark Mode for everything wish I could do it here.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 5,813 Member
    Here for it
    Origin ID : ChazzzyGOAT
    Recommended Mods : http://chazzzygoat.tumblr.com
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 4,770 Member
    YES! Very much needed! I turn screen brightness all the way down, then activate blue light filter to max, and it's still not enough.
    Nush: "Noosh"/nuʃ/: they/them

6mwZaSU.jpg?1
    #blacklivesmatter #takeakneeforjustice #pride2020
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 20
    There's another extension app that I'm using called Night Eye. There's only 5 lists available if you want the free version, but if you wanted an unlimited list, you'd have to pay a moderate amount. And, Dark Reader. (I just found out) It pretty much works like Night Eye except for the fact that there's not a limitation in the amount of sites you can use.
    Post edited by hellokitty1496 on
  • BlackhelmetmanBlackhelmetman Posts: 28 Member
    This would be awesome. Plus it would add to the Dark mode on IOS13 as well.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 209 Member
    If you don't mind downloading extensions, there is an extension on the Chrome Webstore that is called "Dark Reader", it does make some of the colors.. different, but it definitely helps. And you can use it on all your browsing websites. (Edit: it doesn't get rid of the green, but it seems to dim it a little bit).

However, yes, I would LOVE a darkmode for this forum, because this white forum is too bright and I've had to turn on Dark-Reader because I just got over a headache (probably from going back and forth from light and dark screens... ) and this would be great. Also a mode for the mobile because sometimes I visit on mobile and like to read the forums. :)

quoting this for anyone who hasn't seen this yet :)
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • SkylarAstarotSkylarAstarot Posts: 3 New Member
    I sign up dark mode for everyone.
    It does not harm visual health and recommended by ophthalmologists.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 2,515 Member
    The dark blue color from TS4 loading screen could definitely do the work for me.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,206 Member
    For non-Chrome users, I recently found the extension "Dark Mode" on Firefox works pretty well. Isn't perfect on every site, but it's better than being blinded. :lol: Though, I will say, the default color theme is a bit too much and I personally changed this in the options to "#8 Blue Black" as it is the easiest on the eyes. It is also something that can be very easily toggled on and off, so that's a plus. :smile:
    หยาดฝนโปรยปรายลงมามานะ เธอลุกขึ้นมา :star:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 86,703 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    For non-Chrome users, I recently found the extension "Dark Mode" on Firefox works pretty well. Isn't perfect on every site, but it's better than being blinded. :lol: Though, I will say, the default color theme is a bit too much and I personally changed this in the options to "#8 Blue Black" as it is the easiest on the eyes. It is also something that can be very easily toggled on and off, so that's a plus. :smile:

I don't think firefox works on smartphones though. I was hoping for dark mode.

• pc452000pc452000 Posts: 342 Member
    2 things I want for this forum, DARK MODE, the ability to change usernames...
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 785 Member
    +1700 for dark mode
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 468 Member
    edited July 11
    I'm back after a full year (last posted on this thread on previous page, July 2019) to still support this idea. :)
    "Though now long estranged, man is not wholly lost nor wholly changed."
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

origin ID: adduapina