Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dark Mode

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    This is what we need something like lights out mode on Twitter. I have no idea why the pic is blurry.

Screenshot_20191030-215722_Twitter.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone,

While I'm aware it's not the same, neither works for all devices, I love to see you have been sharing tips & tricks on how to simulate a dark mode experience on the forums.

There's currently no plans for implementing this on the forums, and I don't think this will change in the near future. However, I want to thank you all for voicing your thoughts around this topic: while I don't bring the news you would like to hear, I really appreciate your feedback and will keep this in mind in case something changes in the future.

Thank you!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited December 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

While I'm aware it's not the same, neither works for all devices, I love to see you have been sharing tips & tricks on how to simulate a dark mode experience on the forums.

There's currently no plans for implementing this on the forums, and I don't think this will change in the near future. However, I want to thank you all for voicing your thoughts around this topic: while I don't bring the news you would like to hear, I really appreciate your feedback and will keep this in mind in case something changes in the future.

Thank you!
    This is sad news to hear I use Dark Mode for everything wish I could do it here.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Here for it
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    YES! Very much needed! I turn screen brightness all the way down, then activate blue light filter to max, and it's still not enough.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2020
    There's another extension app that I'm using called Night Eye. There's only 5 lists available if you want the free version, but if you wanted an unlimited list, you'd have to pay a moderate amount. And, Dark Reader. (I just found out) It pretty much works like Night Eye except for the fact that there's not a limitation in the amount of sites you can use.
    Post edited by hellokitty1496 on
  • BlackhelmetmanBlackhelmetman Posts: 28 Member
    This would be awesome. Plus it would add to the Dark mode on IOS13 as well.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    If you don't mind downloading extensions, there is an extension on the Chrome Webstore that is called "Dark Reader", it does make some of the colors.. different, but it definitely helps. And you can use it on all your browsing websites. (Edit: it doesn't get rid of the green, but it seems to dim it a little bit).

However, yes, I would LOVE a darkmode for this forum, because this white forum is too bright and I've had to turn on Dark-Reader because I just got over a headache (probably from going back and forth from light and dark screens... ) and this would be great. Also a mode for the mobile because sometimes I visit on mobile and like to read the forums. :)

quoting this for anyone who hasn't seen this yet :)
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • SkylarAstarotSkylarAstarot Posts: 3 New Member
    I sign up dark mode for everyone.
    It does not harm visual health and recommended by ophthalmologists.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    The dark blue color from TS4 loading screen could definitely do the work for me.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    For non-Chrome users, I recently found the extension "Dark Mode" on Firefox works pretty well. Isn't perfect on every site, but it's better than being blinded. :lol: Though, I will say, the default color theme is a bit too much and I personally changed this in the options to "#8 Blue Black" as it is the easiest on the eyes. It is also something that can be very easily toggled on and off, so that's a plus. :smile:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    For non-Chrome users, I recently found the extension "Dark Mode" on Firefox works pretty well. Isn't perfect on every site, but it's better than being blinded. :lol: Though, I will say, the default color theme is a bit too much and I personally changed this in the options to "#8 Blue Black" as it is the easiest on the eyes. It is also something that can be very easily toggled on and off, so that's a plus. :smile:

I don't think firefox works on smartphones though. I was hoping for dark mode.
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    2 things I want for this forum, DARK MODE, the ability to change usernames...
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    pc452000 wrote: »
    2 things I want for this forum, DARK MODE, the ability to change usernames...

@pc452000, user names can be changed by EA_Mai or EA_Rtas.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    +1700 for dark mode
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm back after a full year (last posted on this thread on previous page, July 2019) to still support this idea. :)
    origin ID: adduapina
    One of the gurus on here said this forum won't be getting a dark mode feature and this was a while back.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    One of the gurus on here said this forum won't be getting a dark mode feature and this was a while back.

Wow, I wonder why?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited October 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Wow, I wonder why?

they want us blind :scream:
    luckily my phone browser now has dark mode for all pages so its just blinding when using computer
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • PixieWarrior115PixieWarrior115 Posts: 2 New Member
    Dark mode would be cool, I use dark mode for everything (:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh I didn't see this thread and made one... I think in December. Boo that there are no plans to implement it, but still going to voice my opinion on it. It would really help for those of us that are more light sensitive.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    I agree with having dark mode as another option to choose from. It'll make the forums so much easier to read for me.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • zsurkuszzsurkusz Posts: 17 Member
    yes please this would be so good...even if I can use addons offical versions always much better .
  • Tw1stedAng3lTw1stedAng3l Posts: 49 Member
    So, for those of you on an android cell phone/tablet using Chrome...I found a loophole of sorts to Dark Mode on this here loverly forum.

In Chrome type [b]chrome://flags[/b] into your search bar. It will open a page that says the following:
    [i]"Experiments
    [b]WARNING: EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES AHEAD![/b]
    By enabling these features, you could lose browser data or compromise your security or privacy. Enabled features apply to all users of this browser."[/i]

Scroll down until you find: [b]Force Dark Mode for Web Contents[/b]. Enable this option. In the process of enabling this option you are presented with many choices. They are:
    🔸Default
    🔸Enabled
    🔸Enabled with simple HSL-based inversion
    🔸Enabled with simple CIELAB-based inversion 💖
    🔸Enabled with simple RGB-based inversion 💕💕
    🔸Enabled with selective image inversion
    🔸Enabled with selective inversion of non-image elements
    🔸Enabled with selective inversion of everything
    🔸Disabled

You will have to relaunch everytime you select an option, and to save you a minor annoyance I tested them all. My personal recommendations are the options CIELAB-based and RGB-based inversion. Of these, I personally will be using RGB-based inversion as I prefer the peach/pale orange text where blue text is usually.

I do hope this helps everyone!
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Tw1stedAng3lTw1stedAng3l Posts: 49 Member
    An addendum to my precious comment:RGB based inversion will make the menu almost impossible to read, whereas CIELAB based inversion doesn't have that issue, imo.
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mahatma Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top