November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here
November 8 - Click here for this week's Friday Highlight!

Looking forward to years of more Sims 4 content

Comments

  • CK213CK213 Posts: 18,196 Member
    edited July 20
    Simburian wrote: »
    @Simburian
    "They've managed 14 lots in Sulani though, enough for me, so lot numbers are going up again since Get Famous. If you have most or all the packs there are a large number of lots to use now."

    Get Together came with 27, City Living came with 30, if you are okay with getting a world with only 14 lots for $40 (because what else is there in this pack?) then we've been brainwashed enough to think thats okay

    Brainwashing is a serious subject and shouldn't be talked of so easily. It's a form of torture not influencing. I guage a pack by the amount of pleasure I get from playing with it. £40 is OK with me. It's equal with the others, and more enjoyable. :)

    I am sure they mean that according to the second definition.
    Definition of brainwashing

    1 : a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas
    2 : persuasion by propaganda or salesmanship

    And it should be talked about because there are companies out there using psychological manipulation to get you to spend more money.
    Here is an example: Let’s go whaling: Tricks for monetising mobile game players with free-to-play


    People may feel they are enjoying their purchase, but the feeling of enjoyment may be manipulation.
    The more educated you are the better off you are.

    On Topic:
    There are so many features I love in TS4.
    There also many features I want improved and added to TS4, mainly related to making traits stronger and certain features like burglars, and more random and surprising game play.

    More packs are fine, but I also want more game play depth.
    DU.png
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 642 Member
    (Awwww, folks--just because those of us who are discontented with TS4's status quo can post in this thread doesn't mean it is kind to post in this thread. Please, let's be kind.)
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    @CK213 No, that doesn't make sense. Me enjoying the game at times is not "manipulation" only myself can determine whether or not I enjoy something.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 642 Member
    Returning to the theme of this thread--I've been holding off playing my first set of savegames because I want those kids to be able to go to Uni. I've been playing with 'disposable' sims, to whom, of course, I have become attached, even though I don't :love: :love: :kissing_heart: :love: them the way I do my first set. So I'm still, in spite of everything, happily anticipating some kind of University pack.

    I would love it if they'd implement Simzilla_7's idea for community colleges!

    (And yes, I'm a discontented simmer, but there are still things I love about TS4. :wink: ) :heart:
  • darrenfroggydarrenfroggy Posts: 1,256 Member
    To get the thread back on topic:

    I'm with OP, I'm looking forward to what the next few years will bring. There's still so much that can be added to the game and while I'm having tons of fun as is (even without all the packs, since I rely on sales), there's potential for lots more additions. For one, I'm curious about the magic pack and what (if we're getting one, but history so far seems to say we will) EP will come this winter. So so many themes still to cover, since the possibilities are endless.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 642 Member
    @darrenfroggy - do you have any particular packs you hope they develop, besides the magic one that'll be coming out?
  • Dakota88Dakota88 Posts: 290 Member
    edited July 20
    I agree 100 % with Sk8rblaze-I'm hoping EA will pull the plug on TS4 sometime next year-TS4 can't last forever. I'm looking forward to TS5 coming sometime next year.

    I don't want to be too negative about TS5, but I really fear they will mess it up as Sims Olympus 2.0 MMO with no family and life simulation gameplay whatsoever except for partying, shopping (of course every outfit will be DLC) and whatever the regular YA does in their freetime. Of course always connected to some quest thing.

    I remember this really nice pet simulation, petz (catz/dogz) from the 90s/beginning of 2000s. They had 5 really nice games going in the series, they were so detailed and loveable. You could care for multiple cats and dogs (even rabbits and pigs in the end) and have them make babies and such, it was just great, the graphics were, well, not even advanced for the time, but it was just really detailed and the stuff you could do with the pets was just fun.

    Then there were consoles, the Nintendo 3Ds and a new petz game. It became a kids game where you had to feed and care for one single cat/dog at a time, all the detail was gone. I fear this will happen to The Sims sooner or later, they tried to do it with TS4 and people didn't like it, perhaps they think with TS5 they can go through with it.
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 336 Member
    I am really looking forward to seeing the game become fleshed out and I'm excited that they're sticking with the Sims 4 because its been a big investment for me. Not only have I been slowly buying packs for years (I still don't have all of them) to expand the amazing game, but I am also emotionally invested in my sims and in the experiences I've had in this game. Although I don't love the redesign, I'm grateful to the sims team for making an effort to refresh the game for both new and old players. I think there's so much exciting content to come and I'm glad they aren't abandoning the game while there's still so much potential for it to be fully fleshed out.

    Love your positivity @EnjoyfulSimmer Don't let anyone anyone spoil your fun just because they're personally unhappy :)
  • darrenfroggydarrenfroggy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @darrenfroggy - do you have any particular packs you hope they develop, besides the magic one that'll be coming out?

    @Tiarella oh boy, how much time do you have? lol
    - The magic pack is definitely one from my wishlist. Other occults too (werewolves, please?) like more life states and such, if they're not included in that one.
    - An education focused DLC: university, schools being active "careers", daycare as a business you could run, teaching careers. Rather than just University itself.
    - I'd love a winter vacation pack. I don't mean things like Christmas/Hanukkah etc but a mountain world with a skiing and snowboarding resort (hotels would be an awesome part of this) and an extention to the conservationist career with forest protection and wildlife.
    - Farming is also on my list, with more animals and more eco living stuff like solar panels and windmills and more self-grown/obtained food ingredients. That one would also be great for things like crafts and hobbies (I'm a yarny person so if they ever add knitting, I'll be delighted. As a skill, it could even had a way to unlock clothes - the way you can discover new paintings, you could get CAS items by knitting certain things).
    - Different vacation worlds would be great too: maybe a plum one as some people like that, or one with European-style historical buildings Sims could explore, places to learn new meals and find new ingredients.
    - I'd also appreciate new stuff packs - admittedly, I love IKEA so if they brought that collab back, yes please. Sleek modern styles for all ages and all seasons with more wardrobe and bedroom furniture. Teen stuff - stereos, headphones, school supplies as clutter, books and similar clutter items.
    - Transport focused pack with cars and bikes and school buses and maybe public transport or taxis. I don't need massive amounts of interactivity but just simple animations for most, with the exception of bikes, which I'd love to see developed more as active interactions like cycling around neighbourhoods, etc. Baby prams and toddler trikes.
    - A pack similar to the decades one from TS3 with CAS and bb items for various historical eras, older and more recent ones.

    That's stuff I'd be totally up for paying for. Then there's of course stuff I'd love to see added to base game (more stuff for Elders and babies, disabilities and accessibility, interactive fountains, spiral staircases and ladders, height differences for at least teens, firefighters/ability to call the fire brigade...)
    So yeah, you can say that I have a long list of things I'd still love to see added to the game :D I forgot about half the stuff that me and my kid came up with, too.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,028 Member
    Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I actually do enjoy TS4 and am also looking forward to what's in store for us...
    I really enjoy the CAS and building tools. I've probably created some of my best sims and houses when compared to my TS2 and TS3 creations.

    However, just because I really like TS4, I'm not blind to the areas the game lacks still. While I'm really excited about the upcoming GP and also hopeful on further upcoming packs (University, please?) there still is alot of basic content that I personally feel the games severely lacks and need to be patched in. Not to sound like a broken record, but the game needs more NPCs. For example, I would like to see the Burglar NPCs and home security system patched back in; along with possibly the Social Worker and Repoman. Additionally, instead of our sims disappearing at the lot's edge, I would be thrilled to see the car pool, school buses, and taxis return. For me, it's the small details that really make the game immersive.
    Zm6IA4m.png
    Read from the start at Jase's Sims.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 18,196 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I actually do enjoy TS4 and am also looking forward to what's in store for us...
    I really enjoy the CAS and building tools. I've probably created some of my best sims and houses when compared to my TS2 and TS3 creations.

    However, just because I really like TS4, I'm not blind to the areas the game lacks still. While I'm really excited about the upcoming GP and also hopeful on further upcoming packs (University, please?) there still is alot of basic content that I personally feel the games severely lacks and need to be patched in. Not to sound like a broken record, but the game needs more NPCs. For example, I would like to see the Burglar NPCs and home security system patched back in; along with possibly the Social Worker and Repoman. Additionally, instead of our sims disappearing at the lot's edge, I would be thrilled to see the car pool, school buses, and taxis return. For me, it's the small details that really make the game immersive.

    I believe most of us are like you.
    It's just whenever we voice our disappointments, it comes off as hating the game.

    Okay, some of us have more disappointments than others. :*
    I actually enjoy the game myself though, in spurts.
    DU.png
  • islerouxisleroux Posts: 698 Member
    @Simburian was the department store "John Lewis"? They used to get me with those free coffee and cake vouchers too 😉
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º World save º ✿ º
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,744 Member
    edited July 21
    isleroux wrote: »
    @Simburian was the department store "John Lewis"? They used to get me with those free coffee and cake vouchers too 😉

    @isleroux Yes! and since they've stopped them I haven't been in half as much. They've still got some nice gluten free cakes and sandwiches though and helpful assistants. I used to read my Sim's manuals there when Game was next door and I had pre-ordered.

    The £10 voucher they just sent me will just about cover one coffee and cake now. :'(
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,584 Member
    edited July 21
    CK213 wrote: »
    Jase wrote: »
    Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I actually do enjoy TS4 and am also looking forward to what's in store for us...
    I really enjoy the CAS and building tools. I've probably created some of my best sims and houses when compared to my TS2 and TS3 creations.

    However, just because I really like TS4, I'm not blind to the areas the game lacks still. While I'm really excited about the upcoming GP and also hopeful on further upcoming packs (University, please?) there still is alot of basic content that I personally feel the games severely lacks and need to be patched in. Not to sound like a broken record, but the game needs more NPCs. For example, I would like to see the Burglar NPCs and home security system patched back in; along with possibly the Social Worker and Repoman. Additionally, instead of our sims disappearing at the lot's edge, I would be thrilled to see the car pool, school buses, and taxis return. For me, it's the small details that really make the game immersive.

    I believe most of us are like you.
    It's just whenever we voice our disappointments, it comes off as hating the game.

    Okay, some of us have more disappointments than others. :*
    I actually enjoy the game myself though, in spurts.
    I have a lot of disappointments, enough to not play the game anymore, I lost all hope. But hate? No. I don’t hate the game, whenever I open the game, it smiles at me and I smile back and I play for a while and it’s an ok to enjoyable meeting/experience but it just doesn’t last very long. I’d say Sims 4 is one of those acquaintances you get along with just fine, but who will never become your friend.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 3,702 Member
    I am! For a while I was stuck in this loop where I wasn't playing the game much because I was waiting for the next favorite (pets, seasons, witches etc). But in doing so I realized how much I was missing out on. I have all of the packs and yet I think I've scratched maybe 25% in total. I'm constantly discovering new things and really enjoying the game. Rotational play has helped a lot also.

    I am excited the most for Realm of Magic. University I could take or leave, but maybe that's because I just finished my Master's degree and had college a few years prior so my life was nothing BUT school lol. I really am curious what new ideas they come up, as well as new spins on old ideas.

    I really hope there is farming/horses and I'd love a pack that lets you go into different eras--sort of like a mashup between Sims Medieval and Into the Future. I just think it'd be really fun!

    Yes, I am aware of the bugs and what is missing, but I feel that overall they made a lot of progress over the past year or so and am optimistic. :mrgreen:

  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,744 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I am! For a while I was stuck in this loop where I wasn't playing the game much because I was waiting for the next favorite (pets, seasons, witches etc). But in doing so I realized how much I was missing out on. I have all of the packs and yet I think I've scratched maybe 25% in total. I'm constantly discovering new things and really enjoying the game. Rotational play has helped a lot also.

    I am excited the most for Realm of Magic. University I could take or leave, but maybe that's because I just finished my Master's degree and had college a few years prior so my life was nothing BUT school lol. I really am curious what new ideas they come up, as well as new spins on old ideas.

    I really hope there is farming/horses and I'd love a pack that lets you go into different eras--sort of like a mashup between Sims Medieval and Into the Future. I just think it'd be really fun!

    Yes, I am aware of the bugs and what is missing, but I feel that overall they made a lot of progress over the past year or so and am optimistic. :mrgreen:

    Yes.

    I know this game has faults but this iteration suits me somehow. I haven't come across most of the faults that others have possibly because I don't play the way they do. I play on slow speed usually. I can control families of eight, which I never could manage before, play rotationally and fill up worlds, (800 Sims being enough for me) and build houses which are like the ones I am used to at home, Maxis are gradually adding more to it and there is still hope for better when it goes totally 64 bit. Realm of Magic, University, Farms bring them on!

    I like a game that is evolving ....... :)


  • PlanetSixamPlanetSixam Posts: 170 Member
    The Sims 4 is my favourite one out of the whole franchise, so yeah I'm always looking forward to new content and updates and I'm actually really happy that it'll be around for a few more years.

    For me, I've had the best gameplay experiences while playing the Sims 4 compared to the previous games. :smiley:
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,060 Member
    I am also looking forward to more years of content to come for TS4. It's my favorite game.

  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    > @whimreaper said:
    >
    >
    > Love your positivity @EnjoyfulSimmer Don't let anyone anyone spoil your fun just because they're personally unhappy :)

    No one is trying to spoil another's fun plum... Thanks. Feedback is feedback whether it be labelled good or bad. If OP enjoys their game and wants more, more power to them no one is saying they shouldn't and cant enjoy their game.
  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 23
    and seriously the word [Removed] is a bad word? Come on now....


    [Don't bypass the filter, even if it may seem silly sometimes, all words in the profanity filter are there for a reason, bypassing it is against the rules. ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 336 Member
    @Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Thanks for your negative reaction to my positive comment which warranted no response whatsoever :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,818 Member
    edited August 5
    Jase wrote: »
    Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I actually do enjoy TS4 and am also looking forward to what's in store for us...
    I really enjoy the CAS and building tools. I've probably created some of my best sims and houses when compared to my TS2 and TS3 creations.

    However, just because I really like TS4, I'm not blind to the areas the game lacks still. While I'm really excited about the upcoming GP and also hopeful on further upcoming packs (University, please?) there still is alot of basic content that I personally feel the games severely lacks and need to be patched in. Not to sound like a broken record, but the game needs more NPCs. For example, I would like to see the Burglar NPCs and home security system patched back in; along with possibly the Social Worker and Repoman. Additionally, instead of our sims disappearing at the lot's edge, I would be thrilled to see the car pool, school buses, and taxis return. For me, it's the small details that really make the game immersive.

    You are definitely NOT in the minority.

    Like you I like this game too and look forward to many more years of content. One thing I would love (besides all the other things on my list for this game) is a trip involving the future - as I really liked the Into the future pack in Sims 3 - I loved building my own specific helper bots and meeting my sims future ancestors - loved the hovercraft and the star trek like restaurants. That flying train was amazing - we could enjoy a "future world" of sorts in Sims 4 too perhaps based loosely on the Future world Movie called "Tomorrowland". It has a great message- I've watched that movie dozen of times just this year - a movie said to not be particularly liked by a lot of people - funny I like it a lot - to each their own.

    You form your own opinion - don't let other convince you you are wrong- that is what they are trying to do themselves - convince you into believing you are wrong. You need to ignore people that try and convince you - you are wrong to like this game, simply because they don't and only care to make it look bad. Like picking a mate, falling in love with a person or even a game - beauty and happiness is in the eye of the beholder - no one else can tell you other wise - your choice and opinion should be based in what you think and not what anyone else says.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,331 EA Moderator
    edited July 23
    Alright folks as I've said in other threads, disagreeing about whether or not you like The Sims 4 is fine, just keep it civil and on topic. Everyone's opinion is welcomed and all feedback whether negative or positive will always be welcomed. Just stay respectful please.

    Also let's leave out calling people "Brainwashed" or "Manipulated" if they like the game and don't have the same dislike of the game as you. That's debating in bad faith and doesn't lead to good discussion.
  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    whimreaper wrote: »
    @Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Thanks for your negative reaction to my positive comment which warranted no response whatsoever :)

    How was what I said negative? feedback is feedback because well it is and just because I'm not sugar coating it doesn't mean I'm being negative it just means I'm being honest. And despite how you feel anyone can respond to any comment 🤷 it's an open forum regardless of whether you "warranted" a response or not
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited July 24
    I thought you said you already done with the sims4 because of the mermaid cas bug? I love the sims 4 i want more content at the same time I also want sims 5 to be announced.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top