Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University ideas

Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking how amazing university is play and how I really miss it.

The World:
Netherlands, it’s really beautiful place and has a good youth culture.
https://www.go-today.com/stw/images/hero-images/country-hero-images/amsterdam-tulips-canal.jpg

Universities:
I think either there should be a one big university and that every career would benefit from.
Or there could be three main universities. For example SimU could be great for art, creative writing and acting, SimsIvy university could be good for medicine, science and learning oceanography or education and Sim community college could good for restaurant management, social media and business management.

Family:
When a Sim is choosing a university, the Sim’s family will encourage them to go their university.
Parents may cry when their young adult goes to uni.
Sometimes parents will celebrate when sims leaves home.

Transport:
if cars or bikes are add before.
The world could a car free world but incredibly bike friendly.

Trait: Vegan
Over-achiever
Teacher pet
Power mad

Relationships :
First year students will become tense when they first leave home but will feel better once they’ve called their family.
Sims can fall in love with their professors either just a crush or inappropriate relationship with their professor.
The student’s grade may be affected by their inappropriate relationship.

Recipe and food services:
Hot plate recipes like pancakes or beans and could be a possible fire risk.
Vegan recipes.
Grilled cheeses.
Sims could order takeout from their phones.
Possible takeout ideas: Chinese, Clean eating dishes and Soul food.

Deaths:
Sims can live off a junk food diet but after two weeks sims will die from poor diet.

Housing:
housing could effect how Sims studies and grades. For example if a sim lives in a dorm or house with TLC trait, Sim will become tense if there’s something broken and prevents them for studying.
All dorms and houses could have housekeeping services.

Moodlets:
Missing family home, sims will be sad and cry frequently.
Finally Free, sims will be really happy because they love college life and their new freedom.
Burning the books, when sims have studying for 7 hours.

Places:
Coffee shops
Parks for hanging out and studying.
Protesting
Dive bars
Dance clubs
Students community halls
Libraries
Post edited by Simzilla_7 on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    4 things I hope for:

1) Bunk beds - will probably never use them but I do like options.

2) Sports! Really hope they add in the ability to toss a baseball around or give us a soccer net to play with, something like that.

3) I hope they make it so Sims can’t excel in a career without going to university. A degree that just makes it so you start at level 3 instead of level 1 just isn’t good enough to me. It’s pretty easy to get promoted as it is. So like for example, if you don’t have a medical degree, you can’t be a doctor. Like when you try to apply you’ll get a pop up saying you’re not qualified, something like that I think would be different and cool.

4) Give us the ability to get a degree and still live in our normal homes! I don’t mind a separate university world but I want my Sims to be able to either take online classes or travel to the university to take a class without having to live in the university world.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    The Netherlands would be a nice theme for a University world.

I don't mind if they give us one main University, three would be cool but I'll take one. I also hope it comes with bikes.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    3 things I hope for:

3) I hope they make it so Sims can’t excel in a career without going to university. A degree that just makes it so you start at level 3 instead of level 1 just isn’t good enough to me. It’s pretty easy to get promoted as it is. So like for example, if you don’t have a medical degree, you can’t be a doctor. Like when you try to apply you’ll get a pop up saying you’re not qualified, something like that I think would be different and cool.

I totally agree with this. I hope there's a pop up too but at the same time we've been able to become doctors without degrees so I don't think they'll change it...this is why University should have been the first EP. It's more logical that way.

4) Give us the ability to get a degree and still live in our normal homes! I don’t mind a separate university world but I want my Sims to be able to either take online classes or travel to the university to take a class without having to live in the university world.

We definitely need the option to take online classes I mean it's 2019, it's what people are doing these days.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member

I like this idea. I also hope that educators & lawyers is an option as well (with the degree as a requirement of course).
    aprilrose wrote: »
    The Netherlands would be a nice theme for a University world.

I don't mind if they give us one main University, three would be cool but I'll take one. I also hope it comes with bikes.
    3 things I hope for:

I totally agree with this. I hope there's a pop up too but at the same time we've been able to become doctors without degrees so I don't think they'll change it...this is why University should have been the first EP. It's more logical that way.

We definitely need the option to take online classes I mean it's 2019, it's what people are doing these days.

They could make it so if you own the University pack then you have to have a degree to be a doctor. But, if you don't own the pack, then nothing changes.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    University should also add new types of sports, like American football or soccer. Also the option to become a cheerleader or team mascot.
    Also bunk beds and Murphy beds to save space! And death by Murphy bed.
    And shower WooHoo.
    a256aFi.gif
    University should also add new types of sports, like American football or soccer. Also the option to become a cheerleader or team mascot.
    And shower WooHoo.

Bunk bed woohoo... Murphy bed woohoo... Pool table woohoo...
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    A sim community college would be new. Uni students would go live in the new world/s, but a local college student could choose to live at home; the community college could be a new type of community lot (unless it's a rabbit hole, eeurgh).

That's a really interesting option, Simzilla; I'd like to see it in action!

edited to make it clear this is Simzilla's idea!

2nd edit: now that I've actually read the interim posts, ahem--Simzilla's & Chazzzy's & aprilrose's, too! :flushed: Didn't mean to dis anyone! :anguished: Only meant it wasn't my idea. :lol:
    Post edited by Tiarella on
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The sport options need to be more inclusive.
    American football is not inclusive.
    Soccer and Rugby would be great options... though too much football.
    Soccer and cricket, perhaps? Tennis maybe? Hockey?
    And why cheerleading? That's a weird one. What about dancesport? Competitive gymnastics? Circus training? Parkour?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @Movotti - it would be nice if such a pack included a sport that has never been in one of the Sims' games. Parkour would be new! Since they seem to be avoiding adding more group activities, suggestions for individual sports may be more likely to be implemented.

Although...IL brought back sailboats, so could they give us racing, maybe? Though it'd probably be a rabbithole, as horseracing was in TS3.

I'd actually rather have a full gamepack for sports, entirely separate from a Uni pack. They could dovetail with each other, of course.
  • jneff002jneff002 Posts: 1 New Member
    I loved the sims 2 University game style so a lot of my ideas come from that. So sims 2 style of moving into university and having a dorm or an apartment on your own in a new town (hopefully three but haha that is expecting a lot from an expansion of sims 4). The city expansion for the sims 4 did apartments brilliantly so dorms shouldn't be a problem. I like the idea of a community colleges maybe they are cheaper and you don't have to move away from home so if you have a family to take care of and don't want to uproot your sim you could do that. I like the idea of graduation party's then maybe people can donate money to your sims family members new household funds then off to University and/or you can take an amount from the household funds. I want to see scholarships like in the sims 2. Also a focus on skill building like in the sims 2 great. I never played the sims 3 University I didn't like the sims 3 gameplay and never got expantions for the sims 3 but I feel as the gameplay in the sims 4 is similar to sims 2 style they will incorporate that type of feel into the expansion. If you played sims 3 University and liked it I would be interested to hear some ideas from that. If you have and I didn't realize it was an idea from sims 3 apologies. I also feel like maybe cheerleaders will be added too but expecting more sports themed stuff is probably more of a pack just because the University aspect should really change the gameplay a lot. I want to also add that because the young adult feature has been available from the beginning of the sims 4 people might feel as though university is a waste of time. That's why I wish they added it earlier in the expansion line up. I think that University will change young adult life dramatically. It really fleshes out that stage of life and should give it a clear distinction between young adult and adult. I.e. young adults party time having fun figuring it out and adults getting a family settling in careers.
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    - I wanted University AND School/Highshool days.

-Finally, it would give some fun function to the club system. Add more club traits and more icons for this package.
    Certainly, University and Get Together have become very interesting packages to be used together.

-Some activities only for young adults, others only for children/teenagers. For exemple: Scout boys and camporee for children. Prom night, gym games and cheerleading for teenagers. Drink games, partys and naked activity for young adults. (I loved the interaction "run naked" and "painting model nude" of The Sims 3).

- Graduation party for all ages.

- Summer holidays, spring camps. Interacting with the Seasons package.

- School uniform styles for children and teenagers (and be able to customize it). Option to choose if the school will have a uniform or not.

- New type of building to create our own school.

- New active career in Education.

- Have complete freedom to choose what to do during class days. Get out of class, sabotage objects, flirt with other students, study in the library, set up a study group like groups in Japan, etc.

- Be a class leader for good grades or great responsibility. (Interaction with Parenthood package). Have more confidence and responsibility with the younger ones. (SENPAI!!)

- Taking warnings at school diminishes their performance and their points of responsibility. (More interactions with Parenthood)

- Have space to put bicycles in schools. Teenagers and children could ride their bicycle to schools.
    Or, if you were a super protective parent, you could take your child by car to school. (Woooow, did I hear cars and bicycles back?)

- Music class, swimming lessons, arts class, and the conventional classroom lessons.

Those are the most important things I expect for this package.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
    And shower WooHoo.

How do you think 2 Sims are gonna fit into a bunk bed? :D Shower WooHoo sounds nice tho...
    a256aFi.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    And shower WooHoo.

How do you think 2 Sims are gonna fit into a bunk bed? :D Shower WooHoo sounds nice tho...

The same way they made two sims fit in a coffin.
    funny-gifs20.gif

And shower WooHoo.

The same way they made two sims fit in a coffin.

You have a point there.
    a256aFi.gif
  • LunaSimmerLunaSimmer Posts: 16 Member
    Courses would be really interesting as long as they had a wide variety to choose from because I feel like I would get uninterested in it quite easily
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    If/when we get a university pack, what would really make it stand out to me is how customizable it is. I want school to be a new venue that we can build or pick off the gallery, and I'd like to design my own degrees based on what skills I want my sims to gain.

In this way it could be a little like clubs where they could include skills from other packs if you owned them. Say I want my sim to go to school to become an archeologist, if I have Jungle Adventures I could customize their degree to include the archeology skill and build a school that has a classroom that includes the objects that let me increase that skill.

They could also include regular degrees that are preset to certain fields of study, but then have one degree labeled "custom" where we can build our own. (In this way we could also build a magic school with the upcoming Realm of Magic pack)