Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking forward to years of more Sims 4 content

If you are too share why you are looking forward to more content!

For me, I really like the sims characters in sims 4 they are so expressive and fun to watch as they go about their lives ;)

I said 2-4 more years as Im not sure exactly how much longer the game will go. I have had times where I felt frustrated especially with Island Living , because of a lack of content but now actually I'm really looking forward to what's to come!
"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Just looking at Island Living - not the glitches or problems which really are unavoidable - and the level of care that went into creating Sulani and its culture - taro, kava, the build/buy stuff, CAS assets, all of that - I am incredibly impressed. It would be easy to go Gilligan's Island with stock South Seas tropes. Portraying actual elements of Polynesian culture? That's so much better.

I can't forsee what the developers may tackle in the future, but they are obviously taking their work seriously. Of course I am looking forward! These people do good work. They love what they are crafting, and it shows.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm not.

They can no longer add packs with worlds consisting of many lots, from what they've said. What's the sense of dragging out a base game that cannot handle large content? If $40 dollar tiny world packs with zero gameplay are what we are going to expect going forward, I'd rather see the next base game.

Then start a thread about not wanting it to go on. I think there already is one you can chime in on . I like Sims 4 , and this is more of a thread for discussion of what those of us who like it are anticipating for the future.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm not.

They can no longer add packs with worlds consisting of many lots, from what they've said. What's the sense of dragging out a base game that cannot handle large content? If $40 dollar tiny world packs with zero gameplay are what we are going to expect going forward, I'd rather see the next base game.

They've managed 14 lots in Sulani though, enough for me, so lot numbers are going up again since Get Famous. If you have most or all the packs there are a large number of lots to use now.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Just looking at Island Living - not the glitches or problems which really are unavoidable - and the level of care that went into creating Sulani and its culture - taro, kava, the build/buy stuff, CAS assets, all of that - I am incredibly impressed. It would be easy to go Gilligan's Island with stock South Seas tropes. Portraying actual elements of Polynesian culture? That's so much better.

I can't forsee what the developers may tackle in the future, but they are obviously taking their work seriously. Of course I am looking forward! These people do good work. They love what they are crafting, and it shows.

Yeah, its a very beautiful world. And I like a lot of the new objects for example the boats and floats :p But there is a definite lack of gameplay for sure.
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    @Simburian
    "They've managed 14 lots in Sulani though, enough for me, so lot numbers are going up again since Get Famous. If you have most or all the packs there are a large number of lots to use now."

Get Together came with 27, City Living came with 30, if you are okay with getting a world with only 14 lots for $40 (because what else is there in this pack?) then we've been brainwashed enough to think thats okay
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I'm honestly torn on if I'm looking forward to new content. Like this past update with CAS stories/quiz thing, I think I'd like that! (haven't been able to boot up my game since the patch dropped). But as for new packs, I'm just kind of meh about them. Like "cool concept" but it just ends up meh to me. So I guess yeah? But not enthusiastically waiting on the edge of my seat for new content. Or maybe I'm not but I just don't really care if anything new gets released? idk I'm almost in the middle.
    edited July 2019
    Techbilt wrote: »
    I'm honestly torn on if I'm looking forward to new content. Like this past update with CAS stories/quiz thing, I think I'd like that! (haven't been able to boot up my game since the patch dropped). But as for new packs, I'm just kind of meh about them. Like "cool concept" but it just ends up meh to me. So I guess yeah? But not enthusiastically waiting on the edge of my seat for new content. Or maybe I'm not but I just don't really care if anything new gets released? idk I'm almost in the middle.

Im not at all in any rush for new content because I already spend too much time on the sims 4 and I own all the packs as is and i am a habitual restarter so I always start a new game and then realize I want to do something differently and start over. It would be a huge achievement to actually accomplish something in the game. Basically I have a LOT i havent done yet and still want to do with what I now have.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member

Im not at all in any rush for new content because I already spend too much time on the sims 4 and I own all the packs as is and i am a habitual restarter so I always start a new game and then realize I want to do something differently and start over. It would be a huge achievement to actually accomplish something in the game. Basically I have a LOT i havent done yet and still want to do with what I now have.

But also at the same time, I always feel starved for content tho too, idk it's hard to explain. I have 3 saves right now, a 100 baby, a super sim, and a legacy, with the spares I'm going to do everything in 1000 things to do in sims 4 stuff. My legacy reached its third generation in February, haven't touched them since, my 100 baby challenge as .5 children (I think), and my super sim has only completed 2 aspirations. I haven't touched the game since May. Honestly, my new rule (which I implemented after Strangerville) is if my Super sim isn't ready for the next pack don't get it. I'll be a loooooooooong time before I get any more content at this rate.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm not.

Then start a thread about not wanting it to go on. I think there already is one you can chime in on . I like Sims 4 , and this is more of a thread for discussion of what those of us who like it are anticipating for the future.

This is the feedback category of the forums, for all feedback. We've all purchased the games with our money and are entitled to differing opinions, the same way some will post opposite opinions in another thread wishing for TS4 to end quick.
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm not.

They've managed 14 lots in Sulani though, enough for me, so lot numbers are going up again since Get Famous. If you have most or all the packs there are a large number of lots to use now.

14 lots is still very small, especially compared to Windenburg, not even factoring in how many lots we used to get with TS2/TS3. It's because of that reason, amongst many others, that I hope TS4 doesn't stretch out too long.

Even with this whole redesign mess, TS4 has always had issues.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming next (especially with Realm of Magic coming soon).

The number of lots a world comes with is on the lower side of importance for me, (I don't play legacies so I've never run out of room) so the fact that worlds are now getting smaller doesn't bother me. I think they've been doing a decent (Del Sol Valley) to awesome (Sulani) job with the design of their worlds, and I can't wait to see and explore whatever world we get next.

Gameplay wise, Island Living was a little on the disappointing side, but both Strangerville and Get Famous had a good amount to do, so I'm thinking IL was only lacking because most of the resources went into making oceans swimable. Going forward I believe IL will be the exception, not the rule.

So yeah, overall I'm optimistic about the future of the Sims 4 and I'm especially looking forward to getting some more magic into my game.
    I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming next (especially with Realm of Magic coming soon).

The number of lots a world comes with is on the lower side of importance for me, (I don't play legacies so I've never run out of room) so the fact that worlds are now getting smaller doesn't bother me. I think they've been doing a decent (Del Sol Valley) to awesome (Sulani) job with the design of their worlds, and I can't wait to see and explore whatever world we get next.

Gameplay wise, Island Living was a little on the disappointing side, but both Strangerville and Get Famous had a good amount to do, so I'm thinking IL was only lacking because most of the resources went into making oceans swimable. Going forward I believe IL will be the exception, not the rule.

So yeah, overall I'm optimistic about the future of the Sims 4 and I'm especially looking forward to getting some more magic into my game.

Yes! Im open to all sorts of different types of gameplay so I am certainly looking forward to realm of magic :)
    @Simburian
    "They've managed 14 lots in Sulani though, enough for me, so lot numbers are going up again since Get Famous. If you have most or all the packs there are a large number of lots to use now."

Get Together came with 27, City Living came with 30, if you are okay with getting a world with only 14 lots for $40 (because what else is there in this pack?) then we've been brainwashed enough to think thats okay

Brainwashing is a serious subject and shouldn't be talked of so easily. It's a form of torture not influencing. I guage a pack by the amount of pleasure I get from playing with it. £40 is OK with me. It's equal with the others, and more enjoyable. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @Simburian

All the water terrain - please before this pack there was ZERO chance of water fun and swimming in the ocean - what's more it is gorgeous water - looks like beaches and places I used to dive at years ago - with out this you'd just have the 14 lots and nothing else. So don't say what else does it have.... this pack gave you use of the ocean where there was none at all before.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I agree 100 % with Sk8rblaze-I'm hoping EA will pull the plug on TS4 sometime next year-TS4 can't last forever. I'm looking forward to TS5 coming sometime next year.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    After 4 iterations there are some features I've come to love and expect. Specifically Witches and University. I want my current sims to experience those features. Witches are my favorite occult and University is my second favorite expansion. After Sims 2 Open For Business. So for me the best is yet to come. I'm also curious to see what new themes might be coming in the next few years.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    After 4 iterations there are some features I've come to love and expect. Specifically Witches and University. I want my current sims to experience those features. Witches are my favorite occult and University is my second favorite expansion. After Sims 2 Open For Business. So for me the best is yet to come. I'm also curious to see what new themes might be coming in the next few years.

Same here - love Witches and Uni and still hope to see them both make it into this game. Fingers crossed Realm of Magic has witches....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m looking forward to seeing what else they come up with. I like a lot about sims 4 and am still constantly finding new things to explore. I like that this sims team, although not always successful, really tries to listen to feedback. I feel like this is really the first time they have made a big effort to do that or any effort. That gives me hope for a lot of things within the new few years for sims 4. I can see them doing a lot of what we still want added. I’m patient I can wait for the things I want because sims 4 still keeps me very entertained when I open it up.

As for upcoming content I am extremely excited for realm of magic. Witches are pretty much the only occult I’ve ever really enjoyed playing so I’m looking forward to sims 4s take on them. I’m hoping for university, farming pack, maybe a dating or romance GP, a winter vacation world with hotels, and more family activities.

Thank you for starting a positive thread. We need a bit of positivity in the community right now.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    im not. not having my hopes up on a university either. it's just not worth the wait tbh.
    y'all got bread?
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Not sure if I'm looking forward to years of TS4 content, but I'm cautiously excited for Realm of Magic, University, and a possible farming ep/gp thing, as that'd be new to the sims series. Undecided if I'll buy any more S4 content this year though, as I'm still a bit bitter about IL. However, I'm pretty interested to see what the anniversary update (august, right?) brings for players.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Im not. Im done with TS4
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I'm not.

I agree and sooner or later all those supposely packs will take it's toll on systems not equipped to handle so many as each pack consumes computer resources and I only can think about the amount of bugs that will be running rampant looking how well EA/Maxis take care of them (not too much) and the lack of essential features.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited July 2019
    I expect EA are as surprised as lots of those who want Sims 4 to end.

Sims4 is selling enough to keep it going for some time and will be something to help keep EA afloat if EA's loot box system becomes heavily policed for minor's sakes or illegal and other games like Apex and Anthem bomb. Several things that we were told were not able to be done with this engine are gradually getting sorted so lots of programmers are getting training on expanding engine capability.

All in all it gives EA/Maxis a chance to make something better perhaps? I do hope they don't call it Sims 5 and something completely different.

If Sims 4 was called Sims Lite we wouldn't have had half the complaints on here! :) It's enjoyable in its' own right for me.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    To be honest despite my few complaints and Hopes for the game I'm madly in love with the game. I have to ration my time so I dont get addicted. It's too much for me to go into detail but I love EVERYTHING (almost) about it and I wish it would never end. It makes me sad to see all of these threads with people wishing for its end because I get scared EA might actually listen to them and it.
    But it's pretty selfish to the people who love the game dispite its flaws, and I know it has many.
    More than anything I'm looking forward to more family oriented pack. I know we got parenthood but I would love to see something more personal and more personal interactions and games and snuggle time with eachother. Not just interacting with objects.
    Like you I also love to just watch their face expression and I love the characters even though I wish they would react more.
    I'm looking forward to any content they have to bring no matter what it is.

Strangerville was a surprise, I wish It had more replay value somehow but I would love for them to pop out more unexpected packs like that too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm hoping years means at least 2-4. I know I need Witches (probably coming this years with Realms of Magic) and University ... hopefully coming at least by next year? If those don't come than my sims journey won't feel complete. I didn't play witches in past games but I'm so looking forward to them now. I've got stories waiting..

After that though I still want so much more and am expecting many more things and hope to get fleshed out packs about:
    Dancing... still needing couples dances especially. I hope they blow me away and we get more than one dance with a romance pack. If we only get that though... it will be okay. I can use it for stories and it's needed. I can see them putting a romantic dance in a romance pack.
    Since we still need more romantic options in my opinion I want those also. Most noteably lacking is bed cuddles for me anyway.

I also still want bands with some variety in what they play. Like I don't want to play out a sim life performing in a rock band. I want a torchy lounge singer with some backup on the piano or other instruments. I just hope if they tackle it we get a variety.

I also need robots... pretty sure a good mod of these can be made (there is or was a mod already out there). I want more though. I want it built in and very much hoping for a number of things related to this. Most especially the possibility for sentience. I'm also looking forward to other supernaturals/life states done in various ways.

Since they polled for farming.... Well I wanted farming before this, but now I'm expecting it to come before the series ends. I loved playing it out in Sims 1 and even got many mods to broaden that experience at that time. I can wait to have the options built in a sims game. I really hope they go the route where you can make many products/crafts from what you produce on the farm. I want to jar/can goods, use a spinning wheel or loom, maybe churn butter or make cheese. I also want new harvestables that I think of when I think farming like corn and wheat. I'd also like pumpkins. So much of this could roll so well into what we already have. I'd like some farm animals but mostly I want chickens and hopefully sheep.

Still also hoping that cars make it in somehow. I want to make an auto mechanic and build them. I'd personally only want them to be possible where it makes sense to have them lot wise. I expect they will disappear like Sims 2 also. I just want them for gameplay, hobby and career reasons...of course another place to woohoo is expected also.

I also want more things to happen with ghosts and Grimmy and since they are base game... I think it's possible. I'd love an underworld area or pack. I have so many ideas for that. I doubt we'd ever get it but I so want it. When the game ends if we don't I know I'll be looking for mods.

These are just my wants for the game that I can think of at the moment. I'm hoping others get more baby stuff/interactions (I'll use it too). I think it's needed for family play. I think another kid pack is needed or they need some way to bring in some activities for children that are interactive like hopscotch, jump rope... playground stuff. Playing tag can't be dated... I guess Merry Mack is? Still would love to see stuff like that in the game.

Also... all I can say OP is good luck not getting your topic derailed. It's pretty obvious how you want it to go with your title and opening post.

Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png