Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives & Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I am looking forward to this game when it comes out. I have seen previous videos, etc. I really like how they turned out. Maggie's loft looks amazing and nice! I have added a wishlist on Stream, but am not a Patreon yet. Can't wait to see Maggie's reveal tomorrow.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    god no the graphics are awful.the babies are not objects more work,and not to mention that they are advertising here!! :/

The alpha graphics were awful (duh, alpha). Now it looks stunning -- check out the "Maggie's Loft" video posted above. Graphics are fantastic and there are so many amazing details. Maggie's shadow has more personality than complete Sims. EA's probably wishing they'd tried to get TS5 developed and released a whole lot sooner. Buh-bye, EA.

I'm the opposite haha. I loved the alpha graphics, I am really disappointed they changed it to the style in Maggie's loft. Was hoping for a more cartoony style. I'm watching to see what the people are like tomorrow though, I wanted to like this game and at first it looked really good but def. not as interested anymore.

I'm a patron, and I can tell you that Maggie isn't very alpha looking. She's more on the cartoony side. Stay tuned for the reveal tomorrow and judge for yourself. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2020
    The game is still in pre-alpha, and they might change Parafolk appearances later to look less cartoony or even stay like this because that is their goal. We will see.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,358 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm a patron, and I can tell you that Maggie isn't very alpha looking. She's more on the cartoony side. Stay tuned for the reveal tomorrow and judge for yourself. :)

:'( I was hoping for more realism like other games have now, with realistic parafolk and moving hair.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I wanna see Maggie and I wanna see her now! 🥰Very excited for the public reveal! Will probably become a patreon, I want all the news!
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m a Patreon so I saw Maggie already and she looks ok but not what I expected. The loft looks all 3D and semi-realistic and the para looks 2D and like a drawing. I hope that they give her more depth but the developer said she purposely went for the 2D/drawing look so idk. It was just a screenshot though so maybe I‘ll like her better in the video that gets uploaded later.
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    edited May 2020
    Post edited by AlpineCuriosity on
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    The eating insects part? Nasty. Despite being a completionist, I'll give this pack a hard pass. Didn't EA say we were gonna get unique packs? I'm more excited for Paralives.

Only one more minute to Parafolk reveal. I'm so hyped.
  • Options
    Height slider!! 😃😃😃
  • Options
    OMG this one Parafolk lady looks so cool! All the features we've been wanting so much :love: I still hope the gameplay will be good but I am hyped :D
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It looks cool but i'm not very excited and i won't be untill i see the gameplay.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Height slider, hair physics, and clothing physics! Color wheel!

Just awesome stuff. Meanwhile, The Sims 4 is busy working on dumpster diving and eating bugs.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020

EA....I'm sorry but you are going to go bankrupt ahaha

I honestly love the cell shading style that they have going on for their graphics. There's only one thing that has me worried with Paralives, and that is the interactivity of the objects and animations. It doesn't seem like that is a thing at all in this game, as the parafolk did not actually open the dresser. But it looks really good.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    The eating insects part? Nasty. Despite being a completionist, I'll give this pack a hard pass. Didn't EA say we were gonna get unique packs? I'm more excited for Paralives.

https://discord.com/invite/HfcUJWz
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I honestly love the cell shading style that they have going on for their graphics. There's only one thing that has me worried with Paralives, and that is the interactivity of the objects and animations. It doesn't seem like that is a thing at all in this game, as the parafolk did not actually open the dresser. But it looks really good.

True dat, but it's a very early build so there's hope. Is there any ETA for this release anyway? 2021/2022?
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

True dat, but it's a very early build so there's hope. Is there any ETA for this release anyway? 2021/2022?

No ETA yet, but judging by their Patreon and their goals, it seems like they have enough money to hire two new people soon.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

https://discord.com/invite/HfcUJWz

Ah great, thanks!
  • Options
    Exciting. Let's hope it gets the ball rolling even quicker. We need this. We really need a competitor to TS. As much as I love this franchise, it's time for some good old fashioned competition xD
  • Options
    Exciting. Let's hope it gets the ball rolling even quicker. We need this. We really need a competitor to TS. As much as I love this franchise, it's time for some good old fashioned competition xD

Yeah, I could use a breath of fresh air

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    EAT YOUR HEART OUT EA.
    My friend is being such a hater saying it won't last and will fail.
    But of course she is a major butt kisser to TS4 and EA.
  • Options
    EAT YOUR HEART OUT EA.

Lol. Seriously, I'll keep the expectations low-ish til we see gameplay because that's what matters most, but I think these people are listening and aware of what people want so .. we can only hope.
  • Options
    She’s adorable!! 😍 Plzzzz have tons of personality, customizable traits and amazing in-depth gameplay-options ^^
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    The height slider, hair physics, and little freckles on her shoulders already make this game more detailed than TS4. Hopefully the gameplay is just as solid.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    EAT YOUR HEART OUT EA.

Lol. Seriously, I'll keep the expectations low-ish til we see gameplay because that's what matters most, but I think these people are listening and aware of what people want so .. we can only hope.

I mean, you can't put the same level of expectation that you have for TS on Paralives. They are an indie developer, and they have a very small team, but as it is, it's looking pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good. They have features/tools that TS4 should have had since launch, and that is saying a lot about EA and their way of doing things.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    And why can't TS have height sliders :P? Like...wow