Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives & Sims 4

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    EAT YOUR HEART OUT EA.
    My friend is being such a hater saying it won't last and will fail.
    But of course she is a major butt kisser to TS4 and EA.

Lol. Seriously, I'll keep the expectations low-ish til we see gameplay because that's what matters most, but I think these people are listening and aware of what people want so .. we can only hope.

I mean, you can't put the same level of expectation that you have for TS on Paralives. They are an indie developer, and they have a very small team, but as it is, it's looking pretty 🌺🌺🌺🌺 good. They have features/tools that TS4 should have had since launch, and that is saying a lot about EA and their way of doing things.

Hey plenty of small indie devs have wowed us with fantastic gameplay. Soooo there's hope :D
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I kind of prefer Sims 4's sims, but dang if Maggie doesn't look stellar. This game was already looking great, but it's looking better and better with each new update.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I am already sold. It is in very early access and has surpassed so many milestones already. Maggie actually acknowledged the player by the looks of it. The physics are amazing. The color wheel so far is great. The choice of hair color the player is allowed and how you can color different parts of the hair freely. The Height slider. The detailed skin (even with the shade cell skin) Freckles, age spots on the shoulders, and ect...

The build mode... Just truly amazing.

I do not mind the graphics of the parapeeples. I actually adore it. Maggie had a cat also, there was an option to sit on the dresser (Sit on the dresser). I in all honesty expect their characters to look that amazing... It floored me and caught my breathe. Maggie has more flair and style just in those few seconds than any Sims 4 character now.

I play games that are types of graphics (Xcom 2, Stardew Valley, Red Dead Redemptions 2, Prison Architect, Rim World, and ect). I am charmed by Paralives graphics and Maggie.

I just hope it comes out soon since I have Stage 5 CKD.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    And why can't TS have height sliders :P? Like...wow

Because of how animations work in TS. We haven't seen parafolk actually animating with each other or objects.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Height sliders and color wheels don't help much if the Parasims look like from a 2011 smartphone game :/
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Take my moneyyyyyy 💰💰
    Maggie is royalty.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Height sliders and color wheels don't help much if the Parasims look like from a 2011 smartphone game :/

Agree
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    See as far as I can see it may not be a shiny as the sims but it look like there is much better game play and it’s open world
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I mean, the game is in pre-alpha and it's only been 10 months since the project was first announced.

And just to remind you guys that the TS4 sims looked like this just months before it was released:
    oAb7RKY.jpg

24pSwAp.jpg
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I love that her hair moves and she's very pretty, but she looks like a cartoon in a realistic world. Also wondering how parafolk are going to interact if they're all a different height? But I'm sure they'll figure it out. :)
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Guess what I was most thrilled about? The fact that Maggie didn’t overact the way all sims constantly do... She felt so much more real and alive and I’m sure her personality (and the gameplay itself) are going to match this first impression. Can’t wait to find out more soon! ^^ Great job so far, Paralives-team!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    god no the graphics are awful.the babies are not objects more work,and not to mention that they are advertising here!! :/

The alpha graphics were awful (duh, alpha). Now it looks stunning -- check out the "Maggie's Loft" video posted above. Graphics are fantastic and there are so many amazing details. Maggie's shadow has more personality than complete Sims. EA's probably wishing they'd tried to get TS5 developed and released a whole lot sooner. Buh-bye, EA.

I'm the opposite haha. I loved the alpha graphics, I am really disappointed they changed it to the style in Maggie's loft. Was hoping for a more cartoony style. I'm watching to see what the people are like tomorrow though, I wanted to like this game and at first it looked really good but def. not as interested anymore.

I'm a patron, and I can tell you that Maggie isn't very alpha looking. She's more on the cartoony side. Stay tuned for the reveal tomorrow and judge for yourself. :)

Thank-you! I took a look and she does look better than I expected. THough her look doesn't seem to match the house, so I'm wondering if that's gonna still be updated like the build graphics are. If she looks like this, some of the interest that disappeared with the better graphics and addition of the colour wheel might come back :) I'm def. still keeping an eye on this!
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Paralives has a much smaller team than the Sims, they don't have a big developer backing them and yet their team has already achieved so much. I'm blown away with how much is included in the base game already.

If you think the parafolk look bad - you need to remember this is alpha (pre-alpha?). The environmental graphics got a huge upgrade and I'm sure the parafolks will receive the same attention. All things considered, I think everything looks great.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

I mean, the game is in pre-alpha and it's only been 10 months since the project was first announced.

And just to remind you guys that the TS4 sims looked like this just months before it was released:
    oAb7RKY.jpg

24pSwAp.jpg

Um, TS4 still looks like this today! And that is the problem. I'm tired of the cartoon look, I want photorealism. And what I see from Paralives looks even more cartoonish and older than TS3. But I haven't paid much attention to this project, so perhaps it's still getting better.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    See as far as I can see it may not be a shiny as the sims but it look like there is much better game play and it’s open world

Is there a video of game play? I Haven't seen any yet? If so, can you link it?
    edited May 2020

oAb7RKY.jpg

24pSwAp.jpg

Um, TS4 still looks like this today! And that is the problem. I'm tired of the cartoon look, I want photorealism. And what I see from Paralives looks even more cartoonish and older than TS3. But I haven't paid much attention to this project, so perhaps it's still getting better.

Look again. There were definitely tweaks to the sims before they were released in their final form. The changes are very subtle, but noticeable.

Here's another one from an earlier CAS build:
    iUPdKxu.png
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Like others, I got mobile game vibes from this reveal. Not the environment but Maggie. Maybe it's her features (the big eyes for one) or how this is an early look - the build features made me feel the same at first.

The AI is going to be a biggie for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what else this game will have in store.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well, I just wanna tell y'all who love it and are still not on board...ONE thing you ALL have to agree on...the passion and promises kept with develop they have really REALLY set out (So far) what they promised...and it looks amazing and has a lot of effort into the game...you gotta give them that much....you don't see that a lot now with big companies like EA......
    doogerie wrote: »

Is there a video of game play? I Haven't seen any yet? If so, can you link it?

No gameplay yet. I guess the Parafolks and the Paramaker are phase 2 of development after the build tools. Maybe we'll see gameplay in the next few months :)

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @KaeChan2089 I may not love all aspects of it but I'm still onboard and will buy it when it comes out to give it a try and support the developers.

Actually I think in that picture the sims 4 sims look more realistic than they do in the actual game! It looks like they made them a bit more cartoony after this pic was released. Just my opinion.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm not a fan of how she looks but they did a good job. I just hope it will improve. And did anybody else saw how the furnitures in the beginning were cartoony? It worries me...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    KaeChan2089 I may not love all aspects of it but I'm still onboard and will buy it when it comes out to give it a try and support the developers.

Actually I think in that picture the sims 4 sims look more realistic than they do in the actual game! It looks like they made them a bit more cartoony after this pic was released. Just my opinion.

I personally prefer how TS4 sims look in the final game, lol. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels like the textures or the shading was tweaked to make them look like that. And they may have smoothed out some of the meshes

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Gross. I don't like how that looks at ALL.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I just checked into this remembering what was posted on Steam last week. While not what I wanted (something more on the photorealistic side), it's not what I expected (something overly simplistic looking or even caricature-like) either. Artistic, but still nice. I have to admit, Maggie looks pretty good, not any worse than most current Sims. And, there's the ability to change things you cannot without mods in TS4. Height sliders are another thing that gives me a headache, as the game is not built with them in mind. Paralives is.

I can't wait to start recreating my TS4 Sims in this game and see how they turn out. Among my Sims that are on the shorter side is my Simself (5'6"; shorter than average for most males these days), a number of female Sims based on women whom I know are shorter than average (I know one personally, and she is much shorter than myself even--4'10"?) and a female Sim based on Wonder Woman, who obviously should be around six feet tall. Yet, Sims are all the same height. Curvier female Sims are also giving me a tad of a headache.

My main hope is that the game doesn't get sold off to a larger publisher or developer that completely butchers it. So far, Paralives is fixing what TS4 gets wrong, and what the franchise as a whole is lacking.