Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives & Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DIqTswEEcL0

^^ I’m so curious about The Parafolks now!!

I truly hope when this comes out...EA suffers greatly from it....
    THIS IS amazing!

It would be my dream, I'm evil I know. But no sympathie considering they have been scamming and joking my wallet since 2014.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    At the start I was excited about paralives, but the more I see the more I think I'll stick with Sims 4. At first it looked really cartoony and I loved that but the realism in the new videos is turning me off, that and the colour wheel. I hope it is a great game for everyone that is looking for that kind of thing but at this point I'm not so interested anymore. Maybe if they have gradual aging and the people are more cartoony than the home but we'll see.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @AlpineCuriosity I am now officially excited! It will never replace my love for Sims 3 but it looks worth a try. Love the realism and the color wheel!
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DIqTswEEcL0

^^ I’m so curious about The Parafolks now!!

Oh. My. Gosh!! I'm so excited!!!

Thanks for posting!

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Atm i love everything they've showed. But my prefered thing in the game is the gameplay, the sims/parafolks themselves. So, until gameplay is revealed i can't tell if it's for me.
  • Options
    xCeresxCeres Posts: 12 New Member
    It looks nice, like the design. I know that will take a lot of effort, wish them well.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited April 2020
    Haha . all that stuff gathered ‘round the fireplace would burn a TS4 house down within fifteen seconds

~evil snicker~. One can only dream.., 😈🤪🤣

instagram1.jpg
    tenor.gif
    ss_669d3d531c006cc18e791c46357ee9805083a848.1920x1080.jpg
    paul-heyman-omg-600x338.jpg

I’m now leaning towards getting this when it comes out.

They’ve been putting quite some effort into it.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @AlpineCuriosity I am now officially excited! It will never replace my love for Sims 3 but it looks worth a try. Love the realism and the color wheel!

I’m also really looking forward to give Paralives a try! ^^ Hopefully parafolk-personalities and the gameplay itself are just as good (or even better?) than buildmode.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I’m also really looking forward to give Paralives a try! ^^ Hopefully parafolk-personalities and the gameplay itself are just as good (or even better?) than buildmode.

That will be the key. Will the gameplay be as fun and addictive as earlier versions of sims. Will the parafolk feel like little people with lives and personalities and wishes and wants of their own. I look forward to finding out.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »

That will be the key. Will the gameplay be as fun and addictive as earlier versions of sims. Will the parafolk feel like little people with lives and personalities and wishes and wants of their own. I look forward to finding out.

Same here :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Everything looks great so far and hopefully they’ve saved the best for last - The Parafolks themselves with mind blowing personalities above anything else ^^
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I have high hopes for this game but we shall see.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Ive been following pixelade on YouTube because he uploads all the tweets of the developers answering questions (I don’t have Twitter so). They are adding a lot dynamics to this game and are hopeful to make the Parafolks personality system completely different than we have seen before. I’m definitely going to give it a try. Open world, different modes of transportation, and pets (including horses) in base game! Definitely not going to knock it before I try it!
  • Options
    Anonymus411Anonymus411 Posts: 1 New Member
    god no the graphics are awful.the babies are not objects more work,and not to mention that they are advertising here!! :/
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkjpFg6nBA

A really interesting video (an exclusive q&a with Roxane, a lead creative designer of Paralives) made by Simmer Erin.

(About 8:50) ”I’m super excited to really get into the parafolk’s ’inner workings’: their personalities, needs, skills, relationships, etc. Such a fundamental aspect of the game deserves our best work.”

😃 This sounds so promising! These super-important areas are what will ultimately define the level of in-depth quality gameplay in my opinion.

• Options
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited May 2020
    god no the graphics are awful.the babies are not objects more work,and not to mention that they are advertising here!! :/

The alpha graphics were awful (duh, alpha). Now it looks stunning -- check out the "Maggie's Loft" video posted above. Graphics are fantastic and there are so many amazing details. Maggie's shadow has more personality than complete Sims. EA's probably wishing they'd tried to get TS5 developed and released a whole lot sooner. Buh-bye, EA.
    Post edited by Stdlr9 on
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I will say the graphics on this have improved significantly and I am curious to see what the parafolk look like, but I can’t help but wonder if the base game truly comes with everything they promised how much will it cost? Because it seems like they could command way more than $69.99 for everything they’re promising out of the gate.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I will say the graphics on this have improved significantly and I am curious to see what the parafolk look like, but I can’t help but wonder if the base game truly comes with everything they promised how much will it cost? Because it seems like they could command way more than $69.99 for everything they’re promising out of the gate.

Pure speculation, but maybe there will be different editions of Paralives at launch. I know that if The Sims games had launched with more things (pets and seasons are the biggies), I would have paid more for a "deluxe" edition. Sick of waiting years for EA to add those things -- they keep trying to re-invent the wheel every 5 years instead of giving gamers what they really want.
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

The alpha graphics were awful (duh, alpha). Now it looks stunning -- check out the "Maggie's Loft" video posted above. Graphics are fantastic and there are so many amazing details. Maggie's shadow has more personality than complete Sims. EA's probably wishing they'd tried to get TS5 developed and released a whole lot sooner. Buh-bye, EA.

From then until now it's still in pre-alpha, so just imagine what it will look like in alpha and in beta. :smiley: It's true that the game has seen a huge improvement since its announcement in July.

And I saw the sneak peek as a patron! She looks amazing. I'm sure people are going to love her when they reveal her tomorrow. <3
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Also, I'm pretty sure that person is a troll, because they made an account solely to comment that, and hasn't said anything since

• Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    What I'm really looking for Paralives to do is to mess up EA and give them a little slap on the face. I'm not evil I swear, I just want EA to actually try again with The Sims.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Y'all too much. 😂😂😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I am also a patron, and seeing Maggie as a baseline....WOW. I am so confident that they will continue to improve her. What is being done with Paralives is revolutionary IMO.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I'm the opposite haha. I loved the alpha graphics, I am really disappointed they changed it to the style in Maggie's loft. Was hoping for a more cartoony style. I'm watching to see what the people are like tomorrow though, I wanted to like this game and at first it looked really good but def. not as interested anymore.