Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Options
    touchmygagatouchmygaga Posts: 9 New Member
    So now it's ugly and still a buggy mess because they decided to not fix ANYTHING.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Just so you guys can see the new hair in-game:

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets.

Wait...What items did they remove? And that hair is kinda' ugly, ngl.

The cap from GTW is now BG.
    The jacket you see on the picture that was from Get Famous is now BG.
    A bracelet from Seasons is now BG.
    A shirt from Backyard stuff is now BG.
    A hair from Dine Out is now BG.
    A sweater from Fitness Stuff is now BG.
    Basketball shorts from Parenthood are now BG.

Basically the clothes from the packs that you see on the new render are all now BG.

But...but why??

....why not? It seems a bit silly to me but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about 7 items from among the entire library of packs.

The packs have little enough content as it is without taking stuff OUT.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm sorry, but whatever graphic designer came up with this... you know what, I'll keep it to myself.

But it's hideous and cluttered. The old one was actually much neater. This reminds me of being a kid and stuffing everything under your bed when your parents told you to clean your room.

tumblr_puqr817h0n1rekivco1_1280.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but whatever graphic designer came up with this... you know what, I'll keep it to myself.

But it's hideous and cluttered. The old one was actually much neater. This reminds me of being a kid and stuffing everything under your bed when your parents told you to clean your room.

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but I definitely liked the old one a lot better.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets.

Basically the clothes from the packs that you see on the new render are all now BG.

But...but why??

....why not? It seems a bit silly to me but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about 7 items from among the entire library of packs.

They're not gone.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    The new loading screen and spinning plumbob make me feel like I'm playing some Facebook kids game. But I guess that's the new target group for this game.....
  • Options

zPcriOv.png

But...but why??

They're not gone.

They're not gone, but they've been subtracted from what you get for your money when you buy the expansions.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited July 2019

zPcriOv.png

But...but why??

Yeah, it doesn't really add any value to the game. If you only have the base game, that's good for you, but those who already own the DLC get nothing. Why couldn't they have created original base game items that add value to everyone's games?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    ummm WHERE ARE THE BUG FIXES!?!?! Sheesh this game omg.

This is why I get so upset about adding stuff like Alexa and rebranding and first person etc. It is not like I hate these things. I am just so frustrated major bugs like oh I don't know something major like fixing mermaid genetics are not addressed before adding in more useless stuff. We are talking about a major feature of an expansion. We can fix how an icon looks for those who don't own the pack but not fix stuff IN the PACK...LOL Wow just wow

Different people and teams do all of this stuff. Yes the amount of bug fixes is very disappointing but the stuff added had no effect on what was fixed and what wasn’t.
  • Options
    The new loading screen and spinning plumbob make me feel like I'm playing some Facebook kids game. But I guess that's the new target group for this game.....
    Which is ironic because the game still has a "T for teens" rating. If they're trying to aim at kids, they should drop the rating to E10+.
  • Options
    KayeStar wrote: »

I showed this to my boyfriend. His comment: "Ewww! It looks like a fake browser game! Even the font color looks off!"

So, @SimDestroyer, you're on the money!
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.
    Yeah, exactly my reaction too.
    Those of us who have most packs didn't get much.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I got to say that Iike the new blue intro video and everything else a lot. The new spinning plumbob with its light effects is a beauty!
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited July 2019

zPcriOv.png

But...but why??

They're not gone.

They're not gone, but they've been subtracted from what you get for your money when you buy the expansions.

I guess the next thing to do is demand that 5 cents or whatever the value is back.

As I said, I think it's silly - I would have preferred to see either new items or for them to use already existing BG items - but I don't begrudge those items to anyone. And honestly the main reason I think it's silly is that it seems to make people so upset.

ETA: I would also have preferred a bug-fixing patch.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They haven't fixed the invisible beach towels bug ? I know there are worse bugs but it's really annoying.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I can't seem to be able to use the new cheat? Does anyone else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong?
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Looks like inviting other Sims to Sulani works better now. I managed to invite Travis Scott and Summer Holiday to my home lot.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    They did nothing about the off the grid trait at all.
  • Options
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    They did nothing about the off the grid trait at all.

Oh, yeah. x_x That too.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Where ... are ... the bug fixes.

What's the point of attracting a new audience if your game stays broken. Are you trying to trick naive customers EA ? Wait why am I even asking that, I know the answer.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Did they fix the mermaid genetics at least? I know it's not included in the patch notes, but maybe it has been secretly fixed.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't really mind the new loading screen. I look at it for like 10 seconds a day. :D I would of preferred bugs fixes though. :/
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    I can't seem to be able to use the new cheat? Does anyone else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong?

i have this same problem
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    I deleted the icon from my desktop. Begone!