Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but whatever graphic designer came up with this... you know what, I'll keep it to myself.

But it's hideous and cluttered. The old one was actually much neater. This reminds me of being a kid and stuffing everything under your bed when your parents told you to clean your room.

tumblr_puqr817h0n1rekivco1_1280.jpg
    I showed this to my boyfriend. His comment: "Ewww! It looks like a fake browser game! Even the font color looks off!"

So, @SimDestroyer, you're on the money!

My initial reactions just the same
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'd gladly trade that free stuff for bug fixes. Obviously, they can't do both, so I'd prefer them making the game playable first and then overload it with clutter. Also, the new design looks like it's some low quality rip-off of the Sims. lol
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I played around with the questions in CAS you can go to another question if you don't like it just click the recycle button below the option and yes if you don't want to do it just hit No thanks when you enter CAS.
    I'm sorry, but whatever graphic designer came up with this... you know what, I'll keep it to myself.

But it's hideous and cluttered. The old one was actually much neater. This reminds me of being a kid and stuffing everything under your bed when your parents told you to clean your room.

tumblr_puqr817h0n1rekivco1_1280.jpg

I like the bouncing unicorn and freezer bunny at the bottom but the main screen is just too cluttered for my taste.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    One word about this patch:

Meeh...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Just so you guys can see the new hair in-game:

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets.

Wait...What items did they remove? And that hair is kinda' ugly, ngl.

The cap from GTW is now BG.
    The jacket you see on the picture that was from Get Famous is now BG, plus another GF top.
    A bracelet from Seasons is now BG.
    A shirt from Backyard stuff is now BG.
    A hair from Dine Out is now BG.
    A sweater from Fitness Stuff is now BG.
    Basketball shorts from Parenthood are now BG.

Basically the clothes from the packs that you see on the new render are all now BG.

They also made the City Living skinny jeans and boots BG, the sneakers from Get to Work BG, and the pants from Dine Out also BG. :\ And there's another top from Get Famous that they patched.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    I like the bouncing unicorn and freezer bunny at the bottom but the main screen is just too cluttered for my taste.
    Personally, that's the only part of it I do like!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SephirajoSephirajo Posts: 6 New Member
    Tried out the story function and it's neat and I'm a weirdo who likes the colors -- but I would trade both of these in a heart beat for more bug fixes.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    So is there anything new ?

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets.

The jacket you see on the picture that was from Get Famous is now BG, plus another GF top.

Basically the clothes from the packs that you see on the new render are all now BG.

They also made the City Living skinny jeans BG! And the pants from Dine Out also BG. :\ And there's another top from Get Famous that they patched.

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    ummm WHERE ARE THE BUG FIXES!?!?! Sheesh this game omg.

This is why I get so upset about adding stuff like Alexa and rebranding and first person etc. It is not like I hate these things. I am just so frustrated major bugs like oh I don't know something major like fixing mermaid genetics are not addressed before adding in more useless stuff. We are talking about a major feature of an expansion. We can fix how an icon looks for those who don't own the pack but not fix stuff IN the PACK...LOL Wow just wow

Different people and teams do all of this stuff. Yes the amount of bug fixes is very disappointing but the stuff added had no effect on what was fixed and what wasn’t.

Ugh I get that and frankly tired of hearing different people work on stuff as an excuse for the state of the game.
    The point is it is frustrating when you are waiting for things to get fixed and stuff like I mentioned are released. Different people may be working on stuff but I am sure there is an operations manager which everything is getting filtered through who makes the final release decisions. I am telling that person to make better decisions. If you know there are a bunch of bugs in the game why release something so benign.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    I can't seem to be able to use the new cheat? Does anyone else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong?

i have this same problem

Same here. I can find a few items at a time by searching for specific words, but not all 1000+. They're also not marked as special/world objects like they were in the live stream.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @Dianesims wrote: »
    So is there anything new ?

zPcriOv.png

They also made the City Living skinny jeans BG! And the pants from Dine Out also BG. :\ And there's another top from Get Famous that they patched.

The one hair.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I see they did not fix the stealing food issue in restaurants?????????????????????????????????????
    Anyone that can test it out yet?
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Lol, thanks for nothing.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

zPcriOv.png

The jacket you see on the picture that was from Get Famous is now BG.

But...but why??

....why not? It seems a bit silly to me but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about 7 items from among the entire library of packs.

The packs have little enough content as it is without taking stuff OUT.

They're not gone.

Honey, you payed for these items, at least I did. For them to be patched is a slap in the face. "It's only 10 items" well they keep this up and we are going to have all of the items from all the packs we paid be put in the BG. I'm sorry but I can't be this passive about it.

I didn't invite you to call me "honey."

You can spend your energy on this if you choose to but it's an attitude I neither respect nor support.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I find it sad and alarming how people are satisfied with so many sneaky tricks this corporation gets away with. People should never give up on principles and what is naturally their right. It is NOT ok for a company to take the meaning/value of something you paid for and that is what happened here.
    That actually describes the corporate world in a nutshell.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Resolved error code 134:ef7a88f2:b4565d86, which was preventing players from loading certain save files.
    I’d explain further, but really the error code is self explanatory.
    Ok, sorry - that was snarky. This recently introduced error occurred when attempting to load a game that was saved while one of the household Sims wasn’t currently instantiated on the active lot, and had away actions that they could perform.
    Fixed an issue where objects were getting stuck on toddler’s hands.
    The Sulani animation on the World Select screen will now display properly for players who do not own Island Living.
    Within the tutorial, your friendly roommate Alex will now successfully give your Sim a job once again.
    The main menu will now continue to display the pack art that you’ve selected until you decide to change to a different one.

Mac
    Fixed an issue where camera controls for rotating and zoom levels were behaving inconsistently when using a trackpad.

Vampires
    Fixed an issue where Vampires were failing to route when directed to perform the Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions powers.

Is that all the bug fixes???

Sheesh. That’s disappointing.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I see they did not fix the stealing food issue in restaurants?????????????????????????????????????
    Anyone that can test it out yet?

Just tested a restaurant -sadly not fixed.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    ummm WHERE ARE THE BUG FIXES!?!?! Sheesh this game omg.

This is why I get so upset about adding stuff like Alexa and rebranding and first person etc. It is not like I hate these things. I am just so frustrated major bugs like oh I don't know something major like fixing mermaid genetics are not addressed before adding in more useless stuff. We are talking about a major feature of an expansion. We can fix how an icon looks for those who don't own the pack but not fix stuff IN the PACK...LOL Wow just wow

Different people and teams do all of this stuff. Yes the amount of bug fixes is very disappointing but the stuff added had no effect on what was fixed and what wasn’t.

Ugh I get that and frankly tired of hearing different people work on stuff as an excuse for the state of the game.
    The point is it is frustrating when you are waiting for things to get fixed and stuff like I mentioned are released. Different people may be working on stuff but I am sure there is an operations manager which everything is getting filtered through who makes the final release decisions. I am telling that person to make better decisions. If you know there are a bunch of bugs in the game why release something so benign.

Wow not using it as an excuse. Just being informative because I’m tired of people saying X didn’t get fixed because this new thing was added. They don’t correlate with each other at all and have different budgets. The new additions did not cause less to be fixed. I’m not saying the amount of bugs is okay because it isn’t and I’m very sad that so little was addressed. But the new items and the rebrand did not cause less to be addressed that’s what I am pointing out. Sometimes it’s as simple as the fix wasn’t ready. As upsetting as it is now I’d rather have good fixes than bandaids that may break the game further (I am aware fixes still can do this just saying the issues added would be worse if they didn’t take a little time).
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    For those of you having issues with the world objects cheat, there's a bug report on AHQ here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Entering-in-the-new-cheat-does-not-unlock-anything-new/m-p/8026134/highlight/false#M146068
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    I can't seem to be able to use the new cheat? Does anyone else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong?

It's not working for me either... or maybe we're doing something wrong. Help... anyone? :)
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...