Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    For those of you having issues with the world objects cheat, there's a bug report on AHQ here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Entering-in-the-new-cheat-does-not-unlock-anything-new/m-p/8026134/highlight/false#M146068

Sooo, a new thing they added with a patch is bugged from the get-go? Why am I not that surprised...
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Great now people will start using these background objects in their builds and they said in the patch notes that because they’re not supposed to be used, the Sims will walk right through them. Didn’t hear them mention this in the Maxis Monthly.

That sounds all kinds of irritating and ugly to me smh

What? Why in the plum did they add them then :#

Maybe they're hoping players will go "Ooo, shiny!" and forget about all the bugs.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Dark meditation is indeed fixed, and so is the ability to influence emotions - in the way that now every vampire can do it, including my novice who hasn't even learned it yet...
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    What it looks like for me :

rhmjjc.png
    30xd7ab.png

Some of the recycled new cas items (not sure that shirt is new, but did they add new swatches) ?scynvp.png
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

rhmjjc.png
    30xd7ab.png

Some of the recycled new cas items (not sure that shirt is new, but did they add new swatches) ?scynvp.png
    Yes some clothing from other packs recurved more swatches
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I'm really bummed about the amount of bug fixes...
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

rhmjjc.png
    30xd7ab.png

Yes some clothing from other packs recurved more swatches

Well that’s kind of a perk...sort of. Still lame they did this with clothes we paid for in packs.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

rhmjjc.png
    30xd7ab.png

That top is from Backyard stuff and thankfully it's still listed that way.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Dark meditation is indeed fixed, and so is the ability to influence emotions - in the way that now every vampire can do it, including my novice who hasn't even learned it yet...

Really? Wow I was not expecting.... still not a total fix. I hope it doesn't stay that way because if it does, it's still bugged since it's suppose to be a power to choose from.

It's weird though, the simpler things are the ones they don't fix. Still can't take screenshots with the UI on lol.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

So the influence emotions fix is just a hotfix?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ...is it just me...or did they waste (I KNOW they are not part of the same team) all their time on the awful rebranding, and not even focus on bug fixes going "Hey hey look at this new coat of paint, we hope you will be swayed to see how broken this game is...PRAISE US!"
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That top is from Backyard Stuff, I can't see that it has any new swatches.

For some reason the new loading screen reminds me of the BSOD :D
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited July 2019
    30xd7ab.png

Still haven't updated that to Electronic Arts 2019 I see
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    30xd7ab.png

I thought the same. Nice re brand.....forgot to change the year though lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Oh ok. The sneakers are from Get to Work but they're now BG with new swatches, the pants are from City Living and are also BG now with new swatches.
    I love the new hair it's good for teenagers! Some of the new swatches/clothes also fit teens. Are they aiming for a younger audience ? The rebrand sure looks more juvenile.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That top is from Backyard stuff and thankfully it's still listed that way.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    ...is it just me...or did they waste (I KNOW they are not part of the same team) all their time on the awful rebranding, and not even focus on bug fixes going "Hey hey look at this new coat of paint, we hope you will be swayed to see how broken this game is...PRAISE US!"

It seems that way. The rebranding got more attention in the notes than the bug fixes did!
  • Options
    AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    Where are the new sims from the cover art? Not in willow creek that’s for sure.
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    okay so help me out here, they removed a few cas items from the packs and made them basegame and the patch notes say there are new swatches for people who bought the pack, I mean sure I see there are different swatches but it doesn't say it's a pack exclusive swatch like it does with that basegame toilet in build mode with the added Island Living swatches. Am I supposed to trust that now? xD
  • Options
    simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    I am downloading the update now! I won't be able to play today though. Hopefully this weekend I can get some quality play time in the updated CAS and new buildmode objects!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Anton wrote: »
    They’re not in game like that, they appear if you enter CAS to create new sims.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    30xd7ab.png

I thought the same. They haven't for a fact. Nice re brand.....forgot to change the year though lol

Do....they really not pay attention to this stuff?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    ummm WHERE ARE THE BUG FIXES!?!?! Sheesh this game omg.

This is why I get so upset about adding stuff like Alexa and rebranding and first person etc. It is not like I hate these things. I am just so frustrated major bugs like oh I don't know something major like fixing mermaid genetics are not addressed before adding in more useless stuff. We are talking about a major feature of an expansion. We can fix how an icon looks for those who don't own the pack but not fix stuff IN the PACK...LOL Wow just wow

Different people and teams do all of this stuff. Yes the amount of bug fixes is very disappointing but the stuff added had no effect on what was fixed and what wasn’t.

Ugh I get that and frankly tired of hearing different people work on stuff as an excuse for the state of the game.
    The point is it is frustrating when you are waiting for things to get fixed and stuff like I mentioned are released. Different people may be working on stuff but I am sure there is an operations manager which everything is getting filtered through who makes the final release decisions. I am telling that person to make better decisions. If you know there are a bunch of bugs in the game why release something so benign.

Wow not using it as an excuse. Just being informative because I’m tired of people saying X didn’t get fixed because this new thing was added. They don’t correlate with each other at all and have different budgets. The new additions did not cause less to be fixed. I’m not saying the amount of bugs is okay because it isn’t and I’m very sad that so little was addressed. But the new items and the rebrand did not cause less to be addressed that’s what I am pointing out. Sometimes it’s as simple as the fix wasn’t ready. As upsetting as it is now I’d rather have good fixes than bandaids that may break the game further (I am aware fixes still can do this just saying the issues added would be worse if they didn’t take a little time).

Repeating....
    I am pretty sure there is a head person in charge that release are filtered through. I am telling that person to get it together. I doubt that random departments are just releasing without communicating.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    aa0.png

I was at least hoping for some fixes on all the Sulani glitches and bugs. Guess my mermaid family and stories will be on hold for another month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gold, just gold.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    Anton wrote: »

They'll be available though the sims gallery I think. They aren't suppose to be in-game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I didn’t know about mermaid genetics being a problem. My mermaid recently became pregnant, so I guess I’ll be putting that household on, well, hold.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    30xd7ab.png

Um... that's... not how it works. That is about copyright.