Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @Paigeisin5 - I gave you an 'awesome' because it was awesome of you to take the time to explain to those who don't know about such disorders.

Folks, please remember to be sensitive about questioning others about their disabilities. I've been seeing (in different threads) a lot of people quizzing those who report difficulties with the new loading screens, as if those who have difficulties with them must explain or even defend themselves. Every time, I've seen affected simmers patiently explain, which is awesome on their part. Please remember, they're not obliged to do so.

I have a different disability, which affects not only my energy level, but sometimes makes me inarticulate. If y'all were to question me when I'm as tired as I am today, it'd be too much effort for me to even try, esp. if I felt I was talking to someone who believes many disabilities are imaginary (there are people who hold such beliefs). Hence my request above.

Apologies if I'm coming across grumpy; I'm really tired & I tend to sound cross when I'm this tired. (Am here 'cuz too tired to play!) :smile:
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Tiarella Thank you, you are very kind. I have not shared this part of my life very often on the forums but after what happened to me I felt I should speak up if only to warn others of what might happen. Yes, having a disability is hard. Having a disability was the most difficult thing I had to admit to myself. But it also made me stronger in a lot of ways. Stay well, Tiarella, keep fighting the good fight. I can relate to your circumstances and if you ever need someone to talk to, just PM me any time. <3
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    @Paigeisin5 I'm sorry to hear that it's causing you these kinds of issues. I was not expecting the level of detail that you included and I learned something new today, so thank you for sharing :)

Though personally, I am relieved that they've addressed the issue, it is unfortunate that we have to wait until August to get the new loading screen. Since forum members can only speculate, perhaps you could ask the Gurus on Twitter about it?

As a side note, I just thought I would share some helpful links for anyone else that may want them and don't mind Modding their game.
    • Clean UI by TwistedMexi - This changes the whole UI back to the white one.
    • Loading Screen Recolours by Thekixgofficial - Don't like white or blue? You can choose from 43 different colours for the loading screen.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @PlanetSixam I didn't install the new update. I will wait a while before updating my game again. Bless the modding community for coming to the rescue again. I hope others who are having difficulties see they are not locked in to needing to use what EA released. That's one of the things I like the most about the Sims. Where there is a will, there is always a way to go around EA. :p

And you are welcome for the info. I don't often speak about my 'condition'. LOL But if I can help anyone who sufferes from panic attacks or is close to someone who has them, I will gladly answer any questions they might have the best I can. Knowledge is a great tool to have. Happy Simming. <3
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's kind of sad that we have to wait a month for this but at least it's an improvement. It'll probably be patched with the Moschino patch.

Why should we have to wait for an entire month for this to be patched in? I cannot look at that screen without it triggering a panic attack. It's a good thing I passed on installing it. The teams have obviously resolved the issue already, so why not get it out there and get on with working on the Moschino update? The two aren't even closely related and I doubt the loading screen being changed to something better would have any kind of impact on the new pack update. It's just a lazy solution to a big problem EA is unwilling to acknowledge and spend a few bucks on in order to resolve it. There are already four or five mods that take care of the loading screens and the awful color choices that were made. But even with those mods being available, I know I won't install the rebranding update or that August update. I'm not buying that pack, Realm Of Magic or the EP in November anyway so I see no need to install updates of any kind. I am through with all the excuses and weak explanations about why they can't do things in a way that benefits us. That would be a very refreshing way to be treated, and appreciated. This also means any new bug fixes for Island Living are a month away. The patch we got on Tuesday didn't have the missing island counters, either. And we were given the impression those would be included in this new patch. A few days after Island Living was released there were CC island counters that match the new ones up for download. Once again, the modding community beat EA to the punch. And those mod creators don't have access to the vast resources EA has.

As to why they can't release a hotfix patch, no idea.

This is particularly annoying when you consider the console version. They're getting a hotfix on the 22nd to fix an issue with doors and windows.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Apparently if you ask a vampire to turn you while you are sitting down, it will not let them complete it, the vampire turns into dark form and waits. I had to start a conversation with the vampire to keep my sim from sitting down again ( she did it like 5 times) then ask to turn for it to complete. I do not know if this is a bug, or I just had back luck at getting my sim to follow thru with what I was telling her, you know how they think they have minds and don't listen to us often.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    I've removed some posts in here that weren't realistically on topic and came across as downplaying issues and conditions that some people are dealing with. Let's keep it civil and on topic please.
  • Options
    AskeliljeAskelilje Posts: 1 New Member
    je suis dégouté par leurs modification de la création de sims, je compte ne plus jouer tant que le problème des traits de caractère et aspiration ne sera pas régler, j'ai horreur de ne pas pouvoir choisir qui et comment sera mon sims. vous avez vraiment planer pour le coup. ca fait des années que je joue, jamais j'avais eu autant envie de jetter le jeu. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 !
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Askelilje wrote: »
    je suis dégouté par leurs modification de la création de sims, je compte ne plus jouer tant que le problème des traits de caractère et aspiration ne sera pas régler, j'ai horreur de ne pas pouvoir choisir qui et comment sera mon sims. vous avez vraiment planer pour le coup. ca fait des années que je joue, jamais j'avais eu autant envie de jetter le jeu. plum !

Wut?
  • Options
    je suis dégouté par leurs modification de la création de sims, je compte ne plus jouer tant que le problème des traits de caractère et aspiration ne sera pas régler, j'ai horreur de ne pas pouvoir choisir qui et comment sera mon sims. vous avez vraiment planer pour le coup. ca fait des années que je joue, jamais j'avais eu autant envie de jetter le jeu. plum !

The quote below is the translated version, though I do not speak French so this was translated online, so it'll be a rough translation.
    I'm disgusted by their modification of the creation of sims, I intend to stop playing until the problem of character traits and aspiration is solved, I hate not being able to choose who and how my sims will be. you really high for the job. I've been playing for years, never had I wanted to throw the game so much.

If I'm guessing correctly, they're unhappy with new story feature?
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

The quote below is the translated version, though I do not speak French so this was translated online, so it'll be a rough translation.
    I'm disgusted by their modification of the creation of sims, I intend to stop playing until the problem of character traits and aspiration is solved, I hate not being able to choose who and how my sims will be. you really high for the job. I've been playing for years, never had I wanted to throw the game so much.

If I'm guessing correctly, they're unhappy with new story feature?

But...the way we create Sims hasn't been changed, we've just been given a second way to do it...
  • Options
    But...the way we create Sims hasn't been changed, we've just been given a second way to do it...

Yes, I am aware of this. Perhaps they didn't know that you can select the option to bypass the quiz and create Sims as you normally would.

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.