Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 announcement speculation

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It has not even had a year in development yet so it won't be anytime soon - that's a given. The job call post only went out September 18th 2018 in careers at Maxis. So even getting such an announcement by February 4th - sounds much too soon for a whole new series. It would be worse than Sims 4 started out .... New series that take less than 3-4 years would definitely be worse.

Rumor has it that that posting may have been for a different unannounced game, and that Sims 5 still hasn't started yet. And that Grant was put in charge of deciding what's next for the Sims, so he could be making the decision for TS5 at this time. (Clarified by someone claiming to work on FreePlay, so please take this info with a grain of salt.)

they're hiring for concept artists now and that was one of the first things sims 4 went through in early development. i think sims 5 is definitely being worked on right now, but in its very very initial stages. like they're STILL hiring for concept artists so they've yet to even leave that stage.

Concept art is still happening for Sims 4. As long as material is being added, they STILL need concept artists. All they need is one person to go work elsewhere, and that's a position needing hiring for.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    There will not be a Sims 5 anytime soon. They have yeara of content planned for TS4.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It has not even had a year in development yet so it won't be anytime soon - that's a given. The job call post only went out September 18th 2018 in careers at Maxis. So even getting such an announcement by February 4th - sounds much too soon for a whole new series. It would be worse than Sims 4 started out .... New series that take less than 3-4 years would definitely be worse.

Rumor has it that that posting may have been for a different unannounced game, and that Sims 5 still hasn't started yet. And that Grant was put in charge of deciding what's next for the Sims, so he could be making the decision for TS5 at this time. (Clarified by someone claiming to work on FreePlay, so please take this info with a grain of salt.)

they're hiring for concept artists now and that was one of the first things sims 4 went through in early development. i think sims 5 is definitely being worked on right now, but in its very very initial stages. like they're STILL hiring for concept artists so they've yet to even leave that stage.

Concept art is still happening for Sims 4. As long as material is being added, they STILL need concept artists. All they need is one person to go work elsewhere, and that's a position needing hiring for.

I would agree,but it said for a realistic style. The sims 4 is carttoony And one o the gururs leaving for a secret project. Let's be honest this game is not going last forever .I give it five years more in total.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    A side game is not what we need. TS4 is already a side game, lol.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I would say Sims 4 will end sometime late in 2020,then people would be able to move on to Sims 5. Sims 4 has gone on for many years,and it will be time to end S4 later next year.

Should be this year really. It feels like can kicking by now :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    2022 at the earliest, maybe later as Sims 4 is doing well financially.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think they will come out with sims 5 in 2021 or 2022, at the end of the year and announce it a few months before.
    I hope they make all careers have an option to be active careers with a work place ( or places). There should also be an option to a rabbit hole if you rather, and a third option to work at home. Though to do the third part you would need to buy career objects ( or get them through career advancement). I hate rabbit holes, but think it would be nice for some of my sims with babies and toddlers to be able to work at home through those years, or someone who has reached top level be able to.
    I also hope they bring back stuff packs regularly. I don’t use custom content and love the infusion of new hair and clothes on a regular basis. And some of my favorite items have come from them, the buffet table I use for weddings, vacations, clubs events, social parties either at home or on community lots. I also have come to like the ice cream maker that came with kitchen stuff. If I have a sim townie that I think has put on too much weight I will invite them over for weight loss ice cream or to an ice cream restaurant to help them take off the weight... lol. I haven’t even explored many of the ice cream options yet! I also liked the outdoor movie theatre, but they need to fix it breaking in weather conditions. Kids and toddler stuff are always welcome to me, and I love back yard stuff too. Even my first pet stuff was worth it to me, I like the addition of more animals. They need to either make another pack with birds and small animals like rabbits, tarantula’s, hermit, crabs, lizards, snakes and such that they put in small cages, (except birds), that you can put on a dresser or coffee table, where they can be fed, talked to, held and played with, or they need to include small animals in different game packs and expansion packs. I want to make a pet store too. I would like to be able to buy animals there ( even cats and dogs, like sims 2).
    Also they should make sims 5 where you have to buy your clothes like in the sims 1 or 2. I can’t remember if they were both that way. You should be able to grow your clothes collection. Buy jewelry, hats, shoes and socks separately. Access them through outfits, dressers, wardrobes or mirrors. They could even make a jewelry box and makeup tray for those things. It was fun in the sims 1 or 2 going to town to buy clothes, jewelry, or even candy for your sims. I believe 2 had a grocery store as well, I would like to see that return as well.
    I forgot to mention I would also like to see a color wheel and patterns for clothing and furniture, and curtains.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    I've said that mid to late 2021 will probably be the earliest we can expect to see the next installment of The Sims franchise. I look forward to seeing what it looks like! My only request is the ability to visit or move to all neighborhoods in the game.
  • Options
    deeman190 wrote: »
    I've said that mid to late 2021 will probably be the earliest we can expect to see the next installment of The Sims franchise. I look forward to seeing what it looks like! My only request is the ability to visit or move to all neighborhoods in the game.

I like the idea of linking a few worlds together, but only if they are open worlds
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Drakos wrote: »

Evidence?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am sure they are working on it. There were a lot of interesting subjects to that. And I have noticed a pattern. At the end stage of a Sims game, they would throw in some new features we had never seen before just like the new cas thing for example even though it doesnt do too much maybe. These features usually came up as one of the main features in the next series. I remember having a little trial version of multitasking in the end of The sims 3.
    It always feels like they are trying to test some new features from the next series into our current game and see how that works out for the game as well as it's players.

By that, it doesnt mean anything about the release of The sims 5, but I am certain they must be working on it by now and that is not in it's early stages anymore. I think they start throwing out leaks and eventually an announcement maybe 2020 or even 2021, since they want to keep selling stuff for The sims 4 2/3 more years (correct me if im wrong?).

• Options
    I am sure they are working on it. There were a lot of interesting subjects to that. And I have noticed a pattern. At the end stage of a Sims game, they would throw in some new features we had never seen before just like the new cas thing for example even though it doesnt do too much maybe. These features usually came up as one of the main features in the next series. I remember having a little trial version of multitasking in the end of The sims 3.
    It always feels like they are trying to test some new features from the next series into our current game and see how that works out for the game as well as it's players.

By that, it doesnt mean anything about the release of The sims 5, but I am certain they must be working on it by now and that is not in it's early stages anymore. I think they start throwing out leaks and eventually an announcement maybe 2020 or even 2021, since they want to keep selling stuff for The sims 4 2/3 more years (correct me if im wrong?).

I wouldn't be surprised that TS5 is in the works. Of course they are going to be quiet about it for the time being but hints will keep coming at us. We have seen a few already. TS4 has reached the end of it's intended life span (what ever was intended anyway) so while new content will be put out, it will be just to keep things going until the new stuff hits and when that happens TS4 will be finished with.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    2021 at the earliest, imo. With the gurus continuing to reiterate that they still have years worth of content left, it won't be coming any time soon.

I agree. I don't think they are rushing anything!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    I hope they announce the new game in 2020. It's time, TS4 had five years and a decent run, why beat it to death to the point where those who like it are even tired of it's changes, and half baked ideas. Even they are starting to complain and becoming frustrated. There is more and more discontent in this past year with packs and ideas and things left out players thought should have been in a pack. Like mg, leaving out some light fixtures out of the ablity to work outside..that would never happen in TS2. It's time, and way past due as it gets more and more slap happy (sloppy) than it did before.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar I couldn't agree more. TS4 has had it's day now. Complaints will only get bigger with time and it is not like the last five years have got that smoothly either!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Cinebar I couldn't agree more. TS4 has had it's day now. Complaints will only get bigger with time and it is not like the last five years have got that smoothly either!

I know I'm tired of answers like, well, they may patch that later to include this or that, that should have been in there. When? When the RL grandkids are grown? Lol Live Service, has been one of the lazest ways to cover up mistakes, sloppy work and half baked objects and interactions I have ever seen in my life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    With the rebrand I don't think they are planning on releasing TS5 as soon as 2020. They wouldn't rebrand something for just one more year of content seems like unnecessary work and investment to put into a game.

TS4 wouldn't be as bad as it is if the devs committed to adding whole new gameplay to it, new systems and new things to do. Instead, they keep on just adding more buy mode objects and decor, and CAS things, on giving us recycled stuff and more useless ways to do what we already can do but with a different look or text. It just becomes boring, stale and the content they introduce has barely any replay value if any, there's no depth to anything. I can play through a whole EP in less than a week!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Cinebar Hence why i will not touch TS4 with a 12 inch barge pole

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 The new EPs seems to be fillers these days. I am still yet to see any 'wow factor' after almost five years!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 The new EPs seems to be fillers these days. I am still yet to see any 'wow factor' after almost five years!

The 'fillers' are designed that way so Mobile and charge microtransactons, but most miss that point (and my opinion). If it all gets sent to mobile over time they can charge a leg and arm, for players to buy a skill, buy a recolor, buy something so they can have a family, buy something half baked so they can buy someting else to make it work right etc. It's all pretty clear to me. TS4 isn't a game, it's a vehicle to use for microtransactons on The Sims Mobile.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

The 'fillers' are designed that way so Mobile and charge microtransactons, but most miss that point (and my opinion). If it all gets sent to mobile over time they can charge a leg and arm, for players to buy a skill, buy a recolor, buy something so they can have a family, buy something half baked so they can buy someting else to make it work right etc. It's all pretty clear to me. TS4 isn't a game, it's a vehicle to use for microtransactons on The Sims Mobile.

And they will not get a penny from me!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2019
    Drakos wrote: »

Evidence?

Sigh.
    Don't mind me. Carry on.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

The first article doesn't say how much profit they made from the sales. As a matter of fact, this is what it said:

"Sims 4 benefits from end-of-year promotions. A significant price cut led to a surge in new unit sales on both console and PC. However, DLC revenue on PC declined year-over-year by 10%."

So:
    1. A price cut caused a surge in sales, BUT
    2. DLC revenue declined by 10%

So just because it's one of the best sellers doesn't mean it brought in a lot of money.

I'm not sure exactly, but TS3 still manages to rank well in best seller lists. It is in the bronze category in Steam's 2018 best seller list and is consistently and currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling PC games list along with TS4. The amazing thing about this is that the game is 10 years old. And somehow, SOMEHOW, it manages to keep selling well amidst much new games. I love this game so much!