Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 announcement speculation

Well it will happen some day. Could it be this year? Next year?

It has to be coming at some point though. Some players have picked up some 'hints' but nothing set in stone of course but we are more than half the way through 2019 now and TS4 is almost 5 years old. Something is going on behind the scenes but when will more light be shed on the next installment of The Sims?

Lets speculate!

Will we be getting an announcement at any time soon or will we be teased with hints and rumors?
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    2021 at the earliest, imo. With the gurus continuing to reiterate that they still have years worth of content left, it won't be coming any time soon.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    Next year is the 20th anniversary of The Sims. So maybe then?
    And then one more year until release.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    EA likes to announce games much closer to the release than it used to. My bet is they would only announce it like 6 months before its release, and only after they’re done making TS4 content. Given currently there’s three more years of TS4 content planned, I would say 2022 is the earliest they’d announce it.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    It has not even had a year in development yet so it won't be anytime soon - that's a given. The job call post only went out September 18th 2018 in careers at Maxis. So even getting such an announcement by February 4th - sounds much too soon for a whole new series. It would be worse than Sims 4 started out .... New series that take less than 3-4 years would definitely be worse.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think it could in about 2 or 3 years.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    2022+
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It has not even had a year in development yet so it won't be anytime soon - that's a given. The job call post only went out September 18th 2018 in careers at Maxis. So even getting such an announcement by February 4th - sounds much too soon for a whole new series. It would be worse than Sims 4 started out .... New series that take less than 3-4 years would definitely be worse.

Rumor has it that that posting may have been for a different unannounced game, and that Sims 5 still hasn't started yet. And that Grant was put in charge of deciding what's next for the Sims, so he could be making the decision for TS5 at this time. (Clarified by someone claiming to work on FreePlay, so please take this info with a grain of salt.)
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Rumor has it that that posting may have been for a different unannounced game, and that Sims 5 still hasn't started yet. And that Grant was put in charge of deciding what's next for the Sims, so he could be making the decision for TS5 at this time. (Clarified by someone claiming to work on FreePlay, so please take this info with a grain of salt.)

they're hiring for concept artists now and that was one of the first things sims 4 went through in early development. i think sims 5 is definitely being worked on right now, but in its very very initial stages. like they're STILL hiring for concept artists so they've yet to even leave that stage.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Not until we get University, Farming (for those who want it), and more Occults (yes, even after Realm of Magic) at the very least. Freed babies, romance stuff, teen stuff, and elder stuff are also high on the want list for the community.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    lemonade578lemonade578 Posts: 75 Member
    I'm not ready for the next game!! I love this one so much!!
    cUfiTAd.png
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »

they're hiring for concept artists now and that was one of the first things sims 4 went through in early development. i think sims 5 is definitely being worked on right now, but in its very very initial stages. like they're STILL hiring for concept artists so they've yet to even leave that stage.

I'm saying it still could be for a side game instead of TS5.
  • Options
    finnthesimmerfinnthesimmer Posts: 34 Member
    My guess is it'll be released in 3+ years
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I would say Sims 4 will end sometime late in 2020,then people would be able to move on to Sims 5. Sims 4 has gone on for many years,and it will be time to end S4 later next year.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I would say Sims 4 will end sometime late in 2020,then people would be able to move on to Sims 5. Sims 4 has gone on for many years,and it will be time to end S4 later next year.

That would give Sims 5 only 2 years of development - would make it worse than Sims 4. Bad idea. Besides Sims 4 is contracted through Early 2021 and then up for renewal for another 1-3 years.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2019

Yeah I have heard that too - No matter what it is we won't see heads or tails about it for at least 2 and half to 3 more years - so it does not mean anything to us... yet anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

could be. but given the estimated remaining lifespan of TS4 it makes sense for TS5 to be in early development. we probably wont see it for four years.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I doubt I will buy The Sims 5 as I feel like they are properly 'milking it' as LGR said.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm expecting that it will probably be released in 2022, maybe 2023 at latest. I think we'll get Sims 4 content through the whole of 2021. So my guess is they will probably announce the second half of 2021 if the game comes out early 2022 or maybe early 2022 if the game comes out in late 2022. If it comes out in 2023 we'd probably get an announcement summer 2022 at one of their events.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think It will be announced in 2020 with either a late 2020 release or an early to middle 2021 release date. This gives the sims 4 the rest of this year, all of next year and possibly the beginning of 2021 to have expansion, game, and stuff packs released. This could mean 3 more expansions, 3 to 4 game packs, and 3 to 4 stuff packs for the sims 4.

Also, the game has probably been in development for at least a year. Because it was probably being worked on before the job opening came out and that was last year in December sometime. Grant moved over to the other game a few months back and he usually does this in the early/middle of development. I would say if they started in 2018 it probably has a release set for sometime in 2021or2022 but if it was started before that it could be earlier. It's hard to guess when we don't know when they started developing it. I know with past sims games they started development right after the release of the current sims game. I'm doubtful that happened with the sims 4 because it felt unfinished when it released and I feel like they've been playing catch up ever since.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I would say probably 2023 at the earliest. Grant just moved over to whatever is coming next, so that pretty much just started. That would need at least a good 4 years for a solid base game. And that's assuming that whatever Grant just moved to is indeed Sims 5 and not another Olympus or whatever Sims 4 was supposed to be.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Hopefully no time soon. I'd rather they push this back until they have a complete base game rather than have to deal with missing items that clearly were in development just not ready for launch.

I'd say 2023 at the earliest and like someone mentioned before, I think they'll release very close to their announcement. Maybe demo and gameplay at EAPlay then release a few months after.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    If they are creating a side game, I hope it is either a Sci-fi spin-off where you can move to Sixam or a better version of Medieval. I might not mind loading screens if the did a good job of remaking TSM.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I disagree I think we will see a tease hint or announcement at the end of this year games take a long time to make but remember Maxis/EA is hugely profitable and as long as they throw money at Sims development we will get the Sims I believe that The Sims 5 has been in development for 2 years (or whenever their job posting came out) possibly even beforehand will probably see it release late 2021 or even late 2022
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    If a competing game publisher/dev comes out with a better sim game before EAxis does, it won't matter when TS5 comes out.