Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you disappointed that diving is just a rabbit hole?

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
Are you disappointed that you cannot follow your sims under water like in sims 3?

For those unfamiliar, this is how underwater looked in sims 3 Island Paradise. (pic is not mine, found it on google, picture belongs to fursimsofficial)

67ce3fa5dad1e3c4d14181b3b1987a32.png

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Are you disappointed that diving is just a rabbit hole? 215 votes

Yes I am disappointed
78%
Akl500PCK213GoldmoldarIdontrcallSara1010PMstybl95Jasebandit5alan650111aka_moisims2freak737HowGreatThouArtoveronElyssandarielcandystormIsb917SimburianDglbr1969bandcampsquirrelkeekee53 169 votes
No, it does not bother me.
21%
bshag4lvPlayerSinger2010SleepycatDSLWritin_RegxoJessimcruddelanorbretonsimgirl1010cchant86SimpkinWyrrensekojranaVuloriMissyHissyhunniboo1duhboy2u2elelunicyjcp011c2papertongueLindsaySeddon1 46 votes

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    (This was supposed to be in the expansion pack sub)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    I remember sharing those lovely underwater diving pics from TS3 here a while back. It was truly the best thing of that EP. I am shocked they did not include it or put it above the mermaid priority. I LOVED having my diving couple in TS3 who lived on a simple houseboat and went diving every day to find treasures, sell them and build up their diving skill. I also made the male sim a life guard and having this an active job was also amazing! TS4 is only a downgrade. Nothing is possible, it's always too much to ask or too good to be true. Previous games were a lot bigger and expanded. I would expect the sims 4 to have the features from the previous games and more, but also no lagging as it is freaking 2019!
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yes, I'm disappointed that it's just a rabbit hole. Not that it matters much, I've never figured out how to dive in the first place. xD
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yeah...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    I've always found Sims 4 packs to be very surface level compared to those from any previous Sims generation. I'm not saying Sims 4 is awful by any means, but I can never justify buying a Sims 4 game at full price. I used to buy Expansion and Stuff packs for Sims-Sims 3 the day of release without thinking twice.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No I'm never disappointed that Sims 4 is not Sim 3. I have no reason to. If I liked Sims 3 I'd play that not expect all other games to be Sims 3 too.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Underwater exploration was what I was most looking forward to, I'll admit.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    No I'm not disappointed. I didn't play the Sims 3 long enough to experience this feature and it's not something I miss having.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I never played TS3 Island Paradise so it doesn't bother me at all. Honestly, following them underwater just sounds like a one and done thing.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Of course.

Staring at a buoy is not game play. It’s boring.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    It's a huge disappointment. Even if I couldn't get the underwater cities I wanted, exploring the beauty of the ocean would have been amazing. And frankly, I'm sick of all these rabbit holes. They're not real gameplay.

The worst part of this is that this was likely our one chance at getting proper diving, and we'll likely never see it in Sims 4. I don't see them making a proper diving pack, or a world that would focus on diving more than Sulani.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Not really, as I found diving to be pretty lack luster in S3. Lucrative, but pretty boring. Pretty under the water, but after a few times diving I was pretty 'meh' with it, but hey at least the option was there if you did like diving. I would have figured any deep diving of sorts would have most likely been a loading screen to a underwater lot of sorts for diving specifically.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Although I struggled with Island Paradise due to the lag and crashing, I find diving (and by extension snorkeling) absolutely boring, as all I'm able to do is speed up the game. There's no interacting with objects underneath the sea (unless a dolphin swims up), and no different interactions for mermaids (who normally live under the sea). IL has made me question my love of S4, and consider whether to get the next expansion (not that I even payed full price for IL), which is a bit sad because I genuinely enjoy the game. More seasons, less this please.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    I’m disappointed with just about everything from Island Living. I feel like it was just there to look cute- meaning the world’s cute, the mermaids look good visually, and new cas and build mode items are great. Everything other than visual stimulation is a huge disappointment.
  • Options
    AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Very. That was one of my favorite things. But it doesn't hamper my experience with the expansion. I still love it. At least I can comb the beach for shells, I really like that~ I loved diving in 3 to look for shells and fish.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yeah it's disappointing that diving amounts to nothing other than vanishing underwater. I don't even care about swimming or water activities and I think that's ridiculous. Especially when Island Living is already lacking in content.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    I am disappointed in all careers that are not active. I want all careers to have the active option. I really like Get To Work because of the active careers.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    I am disappointed. I'm tired of getting things in the Sims 4 that are less than what we had in the Sims 3. The Sims 4 should have everything Sims 3 had AND MORE and it just doesn't. Having said that, I do love Sims 4, I love building and I enjoy it. Just disappointed in a few things.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Sharonia wrote: »
    No I'm not disappointed. I didn't play the Sims 3 long enough to experience this feature and it's not something I miss having.

Well yeah, because you don't really have anything to compare it to....
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Disappointed, yes, because I have a passion for sealife. But it would have been at the expense of something else, and I like that the pack isn't only about what happens in the water but appreciates other aspects of what an island is. I suspect that I'd have ended up disappointed one way or another! Overall, I'm enjoying the pack; whatever people are saying it lacks in gameplay must not be my playstyle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes I am disappointed
    I never played TS3 Island Paradise so it doesn't bother me at all. Honestly, following them underwater just sounds like a one and done thing.

Actually it's not. It's a great self-employment career where you can sell the fish and shells/bottles in several ways. Either sell them to the market, consign them for more money at the consignment shops or create your own fish market to sell them yourself. Diving work for city hall, the science corporation, diner and bistro also bring in good money too. It's good to have the Born Salesman/woman trait and the Suave Seller LTR for this profession.

It's also great for the Life Time Wish where you collect every type of fish. There are some sea life you can only get by scuba diving and not fishing.

You can also add new careers to TS3 and someone made and added the marine biologist career. If you convert it into an active career with Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod, you can actually incorporate scuba diving into that profession. So scuba dive in the morning and analyze the fish caught and shellfish collected in the afternoon to draw samples for cloning, etc. It's really fun!

You can also make your own diving lots in TS3 and make it easier with lots of fish and treasure, or more dangerous and dark full of sharks to vary things and have more than the 4 scuba diving lots that come with the EP. And this can be made in other worlds too.

So yeah, I'm extremely disappointed that this TS4 pack doesn't even have ONE scuba diving lot. :'(
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yes, I'm disappointed about this.

I love and play the Sims 3, and it's not a matter of wanting the Sims 4 to be exactly like the Sims 3. Since I'm playing both games at the same time, I'm happy that the two tropical packs offer different things. I wouldn't mind it if diving wasn't in IL at all. But since it is in the pack, I would be happier if I could see my sims do it.

This doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game. The Sims 3 Island Paradise was what brought me to the Sims in the first place, and Island Living was what made the Sims 4 finally click for me. I'm enjoying it very much. But it's perfectly normal for dissatisfied players to express their dissatisfaction. No one has to be "humble" towards a rich and powerful company.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    But I knew it was going to be closed.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes I am disappointed
    Yeah I was hoping if they did a pack like this they would do half of the world under the sea and then the other half on a beach front
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes I am disappointed
    No, Sims 4 is not Sims 3 however for me not being able to follow your diver in Sims 4 as it was Sims 3 shows me how much EA/Maxis has pushed Sims 4 backwards. From the smallest details to the biggest details Sims 4 lack an whole lot.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top