Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

350 Swatches Are Doors ONLY!

Comments

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    While you all make fun, builders are saying "Hallelujah". No more having to rely on CC to get a common theme when building houses or venues. I've been wanting more bathroom door swatches since base game, and particularly more unisex bathroom doors since the gender patch, so if we get those I'll be busy remodeling a lot of my venues.

Getting doors and windows to match has been a frustration for me for a long time. There are a lot of things that needs more swatches, but this is a start.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't know I find it funny that the people who complain about it being on doors only don't even have a strong enough computer to play the Sims 4 as it is and haven't even bought the game themselves. Like imagine how much their computers will suffer when swatches are applied to other things too? The 64 bit upgrade can't come soon enough. I love that there will be more swatches and yes I do hope it comes to others things as well because as it is, the Sims 4 runs well on my computer with all the DLC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @jackjack_k hmmmm so she knew the 350 swatches was ONLY for doors, why not clarify that? Serious question. They all spend their whole working day scrolling twitter, liking tweets, and what not. Being SO productive. It’s not like they didn’t see the massive speculation set forth by the silly game they played with people. They totally did, and they said nothing. Even now, they have said nothing. Give up the hyper defense of the studio and let them own their poor communication efforts. They didn’t want to mislead people? Well then they should have clarified. They didn’t, and still haven’t. They are in hiding now from what it seems because they thought the EP would overshadow their ridiculous attempts at misleading players and it didn’t. They don’t need you gaslighting people on their forums and spreading lies to try and defend them.

Maybe it wasn’t finalised and they may have had a chance to add more elsewhere. So they could have confirmed what they had the budget for, but didn’t have it finalised on what it would be used for.

I honestly hope EA leave the fan base in the dark more often, because as soon as they tease something the fanbase set their own expectations.

I feel like only a small minority, including myself, were the ones saying “hang on guys, 350 would be on average could mean 35 objects getting 10 swatches, that’s not as much as you think” only for people to say “omg let us speculate”

The more EA keeps us in the dark, the less I have to deal with the fact people are COMPLAINING that doors are finally getting an update for free.

They’re trying to tell us stuff before they can confirm specifics and it’s clearly not working.

Hi Cause, meet Effect. Literally people go nuts for info because Maxis never has any info. I’m sorry other people inconvenience you because clearly only you matter on this earth, but if someone is interested about this product they’re gonna want info and if they only get it once in a blue moon they’re gonna expect it to carry a little weight.

Confirm specifics? Like how they confirmed 350 swatches? That’s a hard number, 350, like that is very specific. What, is it just coincidence that only doors get new swatches? They could have said 350 new swatches for doors. Or clarified after the fact even, but they didn’t. They rode that pony down the road and here we are like weeks later just finding out info they had back then but didn’t share because jazzing people up ahead of an EP announcement is more important for sales.

Every time that EA announce something early people start throwing tantrums because they can't know everything they want all at once.

Look at Get Together. EA announce it almost 4 months in advance, players start a huge backlash because the trailer didn't reveal enough.
    There was almost the same amount of backlash as the base game.

EA weren't ready to show much at Gamescom, so the club system, and half the objects weren't ready. So they only showed what was.
    But people were already throwing it under a bus, and calling it a flop even though the trailer was announced as a "first look" at Gamescon.

When the EP came out, however, it received lots of praise, and became (at the time) one of the highest fan voted packs on Metacritic and people loved the pack.
    But the pack still had months of anger and backlash, negative press etc. against it until Game Changes started uploading footage etc and people started calming down and getting excited.
    Just dont ignore the fact that the diving platform, dont wake the llama and 1 other feature I cant remember was added in because of the Get Together backlash and it was given another 2 months of development time. Would it have been as good without the vocal community outrage I doubt it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Wh-What?? I'm mad now! I wanted more hair colors and bed and sofa swatches! Not door :rage:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2019
    I get the disappointment if you were hoping for a more rounded swatch update but the level of outrage I feel is excessive.

I fully expect them to continue adding in more swatches simply because this isn't the first time they've added more swatches to base game content. For Vampires they added several new grey, black, and red swatches to the more Victorian style items so they had matching swatches to go with Vampires build assets, they added new swatches to several windows and doors to give them tinted glass options, they added new swatches to some of the counters and chairs to give them some mid-modern century color palettes. They are always adding in new swatches and on several occasions new flooring and wallpapers designs ever few patches. The reason these additions get over looked is because they usually don't mention them, not even in the patch notes themselves. The only reason why this was even talked about is most likely because the lack of matching doors swatches has been one of the biggest and most vocal issues.

Also they have stated that they will most likely never add new hair colors and if they did they wouldn't limit it to just base game hair as the outrage in that would be huge.

ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Just dont ignore the fact that the diving platform, dont wake the llama and 1 other feature I cant remember was added in because of the Get Together backlash and it was given another 2 months of development time. Would it have been as good without the vocal community outrage I doubt it.
    I believe the feature your referring to is the synchronized group dancing. That was originally only a trailer trick but it got so much hype from the community they decided they had to add it in.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I was already disappointed when I knew it was base game anyway :) so knowing it's just doors isn't making much of a difference. Was hoping for bedding at least, or a new hair swatch but that would have been very wishful thinking.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I think people are rightfully , tired of the constant compromising with this game. Im in agreement with all of the players comments over on SimsVIP where this was discussed honestly as the laughably ridiculous thing for which it is.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAHAHAHAHAHAh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I can't-I can't-....oh....oh no....I can't breath.....hahahahhahah-HAH!
    Seriously? Seriously Maxis? Are you kidding me?!

https://simsvip.com/2019/06/12/the-sims-4-upcoming-350-color-swatch-update-is-for-doors-only/

Whilst I'm glad for the updated swatches for doors, I'm so incredibly disappointed that that's all it is! OMG the BEDS need more swatches! They also need to separate frames from mattresses!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    lmao why are y'all even surprised anymore
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I knew 350 swatches was too good to be true. This is why they should quit teasing with silly tweets trying to hype people up. Their communication really needs improved.

Bright side more doors down side just doors

It’s not more doors, it’s more colors on existing doors....the only new door we’re getting is the rainbow one.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I thought the swatches was an update for ALL of build swatches so they match. They better bring in more swatches for everything else at a later date because I could care less about doors 🙄🙄

• Options
    TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    Apparently swatches for kitchen counters are too difficult to make because there are lots of variants that go with the counter like cupboards. Why the hell don't they just sit down for a few hours and dedicate some time and effort to make some swatches for each counter type, half of the things they come out with are just excuses.
  • Options
    Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I don’t believe it!😱
  • Options
    Apparently swatches for kitchen counters are too difficult to make because there are lots of variants that go with the counter like cupboards. Why the hell don't they just sit down for a few hours and dedicate some time and effort to make some swatches for each counter type, half of the things they come out with are just excuses.

Then add swatches for one of the variants then! Ugh I feel the same way.

• Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Son of a Bob Pancakes. Knew it was too good to be true. They didn't even do swatches for windows to match? What about the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 base-game counters? I can't.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    > @wormstache999 said:
    > EdithV wrote: »
    >
    > They really should just say the truth, I use a lot of cc but I feel sorry for others who got their hopes up. If they just said 'hey guys, 350 new door swatches!' most would be happy, this just leads to disappointment. Do they look on this forum?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The patch is supposed to go live in 4 days and 2 of them are the weekend. I really wonder when and how they'll officially tell us it was only for doors - Sneakily in the patch notes?

haha wouldn't put it past them!

Can't believe I was actually right - They talked about the swatches so excitedly, then went suddenly silent when we heard from Game Changers that it's just doors and the only actual mention of it is now in the patch notes... That's cowardly.
  • Options
    HayleyN2019HayleyN2019 Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't know why we needed these swatches anyway I have never had a problem matching doors to anything in the sims 4 cause normal wood colors tend to go with everything if they were going to add colors they should have added actual colors like blues, pinks, etc. it would have made it worth while itstead they added browns, greys, white and black as if those colors didn't already exist on the doors in the game to begin with. and I'm sorry but it's not hard to match a wood door with anything it's wood, now the color of wood might not match and that's a problem but like I said I've never had a problem getting doors to match so I don't get what deligracy and simsupply were talking about when they wanted a white or black door we kind of already had them I know for a fact cats and dogs has like 2 or 3 maybe more and I'm pretty sure base game had some already and I do agree that it seems like they only listen to what the game changers want cause when I play I never once was like 'We need more door swatches.' they should have addes swtches for other things that need them or added new hairstyles for life stages that need them but not swatches for doors.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    When paint dry dlc dropping?
    I'm so hyped
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    JennaDeee123JennaDeee123 Posts: 7 New Member
    When you get 350 new door swatches but they don't even let you place them lol
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    To be honest, if they want to update base game items over time, it's better to go by types (so just doors now) - imagine if the 350 swatches were scattered through several categories, it'd be a nightmare to find what's changed. This way, there's some consistency. We see they are up to working on older items. Doors probably needed it the most. We'll see what comes next (and let's hope it's with clearer communication).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    While this is a huge disappointment, I feel like as we get closer to the end of expansions (likely still a year or two I would guess), we'll start getting a lot more freebies/swatches as the team has more time and resources to devote to them. Of course we all feel most of this should have been in the base game release, but that ship has sailed sadly.
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For some reason i thought the swatches was mentioned for just doors....Also next patch may be windows. Who knows. I think it's awesome we got new swatches for something! They have from time to time add additional swatches to other items or clothing.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    I always struggle with the curtains... wish there are more options.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    To be honest, if they want to update base game items over time, it's better to go by types (so just doors now) - imagine if the 350 swatches were scattered through several categories, it'd be a nightmare to find what's changed. This way, there's some consistency. We see they are up to working on older items. Doors probably needed it the most. We'll see what comes next (and let's hope it's with clearer communication).

exactly. I really think it is a start for future swatches free updates. maybe they'll do one for kitchen sets? or some clothes? maybe BEDS?
    this patch is making me hopeful:)

-Yarden.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    They need to program and engineer their own CAS for themselves if not for us. It would be much faster and easier. :D