Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

350 Swatches Are Doors ONLY!

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hey, at least we got some recolors for the toddler diaper :joy:
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @jackjack_k hmmmm so she knew the 350 swatches was ONLY for doors, why not clarify that? Serious question. They all spend their whole working day scrolling twitter, liking tweets, and what not. Being SO productive. It’s not like they didn’t see the massive speculation set forth by the silly game they played with people. They totally did, and they said nothing. Even now, they have said nothing. Give up the hyper defense of the studio and let them own their poor communication efforts. They didn’t want to mislead people? Well then they should have clarified. They didn’t, and still haven’t. They are in hiding now from what it seems because they thought the EP would overshadow their ridiculous attempts at misleading players and it didn’t. They don’t need you gaslighting people on their forums and spreading lies to try and defend them.

Maybe it wasn’t finalised and they may have had a chance to add more elsewhere. So they could have confirmed what they had the budget for, but didn’t have it finalised on what it would be used for.

I honestly hope EA leave the fan base in the dark more often, because as soon as they tease something the fanbase set their own expectations.

I feel like only a small minority, including myself, were the ones saying “hang on guys, 350 would be on average could mean 35 objects getting 10 swatches, that’s not as much as you think” only for people to say “omg let us speculate”

The more EA keeps us in the dark, the less I have to deal with the fact people are COMPLAINING that doors are finally getting an update for free.

They’re trying to tell us stuff before they can confirm specifics and it’s clearly not working.

Hi Cause, meet Effect. Literally people go nuts for info because Maxis never has any info. I’m sorry other people inconvenience you because clearly only you matter on this earth, but if someone is interested about this product they’re gonna want info and if they only get it once in a blue moon they’re gonna expect it to carry a little weight.

Confirm specifics? Like how they confirmed 350 swatches? That’s a hard number, 350, like that is very specific. What, is it just coincidence that only doors get new swatches? They could have said 350 new swatches for doors. Or clarified after the fact even, but they didn’t. They rode that pony down the road and here we are like weeks later just finding out info they had back then but didn’t share because jazzing people up ahead of an EP announcement is more important for sales.

Every time that EA announce something early people start throwing tantrums because they can't know everything they want all at once.

Look at Get Together. EA announce it almost 4 months in advance, players start a huge backlash because the trailer didn't reveal enough.
    There was almost the same amount of backlash as the base game.

EA weren't ready to show much at Gamescom, so the club system, and half the objects weren't ready. So they only showed what was.
    But people were already throwing it under a bus, and calling it a flop even though the trailer was announced as a "first look" at Gamescon.

When the EP came out, however, it received lots of praise, and became (at the time) one of the highest fan voted packs on Metacritic and people loved the pack.
    But the pack still had months of anger and backlash, negative press etc. against it until Game Changes started uploading footage etc and people started calming down and getting excited.
    Just dont ignore the fact that the diving platform, dont wake the llama and 1 other feature I cant remember was added in because of the Get Together backlash and it was given another 2 months of development time. Would it have been as good without the vocal community outrage I doubt it.

We got 1 extra board game (Don't Wake The Llama) which is awesome to have, and a recolour of the Diving platform to suit natural pools. That's it.

It was great to have those two things, but the backlash was about the whole pack being bad. And yet, it's a pack most sandbox players cannot play without. And Windenburg is considered a lot of players favourite world.

The backlash wouldn't have happened if EA didn't announce it so early.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    @jackjack_k hmmmm so she knew the 350 swatches was ONLY for doors, why not clarify that? Serious question. They all spend their whole working day scrolling twitter, liking tweets, and what not. Being SO productive. It’s not like they didn’t see the massive speculation set forth by the silly game they played with people. They totally did, and they said nothing. Even now, they have said nothing. Give up the hyper defense of the studio and let them own their poor communication efforts. They didn’t want to mislead people? Well then they should have clarified. They didn’t, and still haven’t. They are in hiding now from what it seems because they thought the EP would overshadow their ridiculous attempts at misleading players and it didn’t. They don’t need you gaslighting people on their forums and spreading lies to try and defend them.

Maybe it wasn’t finalised and they may have had a chance to add more elsewhere. So they could have confirmed what they had the budget for, but didn’t have it finalised on what it would be used for.

I honestly hope EA leave the fan base in the dark more often, because as soon as they tease something the fanbase set their own expectations.

I feel like only a small minority, including myself, were the ones saying “hang on guys, 350 would be on average could mean 35 objects getting 10 swatches, that’s not as much as you think” only for people to say “omg let us speculate”

The more EA keeps us in the dark, the less I have to deal with the fact people are COMPLAINING that doors are finally getting an update for free.

They’re trying to tell us stuff before they can confirm specifics and it’s clearly not working.

Hi Cause, meet Effect. Literally people go nuts for info because Maxis never has any info. I’m sorry other people inconvenience you because clearly only you matter on this earth, but if someone is interested about this product they’re gonna want info and if they only get it once in a blue moon they’re gonna expect it to carry a little weight.

Confirm specifics? Like how they confirmed 350 swatches? That’s a hard number, 350, like that is very specific. What, is it just coincidence that only doors get new swatches? They could have said 350 new swatches for doors. Or clarified after the fact even, but they didn’t. They rode that pony down the road and here we are like weeks later just finding out info they had back then but didn’t share because jazzing people up ahead of an EP announcement is more important for sales.

Every time that EA announce something early people start throwing tantrums because they can't know everything they want all at once.

Look at Get Together. EA announce it almost 4 months in advance, players start a huge backlash because the trailer didn't reveal enough.
    There was almost the same amount of backlash as the base game.

EA weren't ready to show much at Gamescom, so the club system, and half the objects weren't ready. So they only showed what was.
    But people were already throwing it under a bus, and calling it a flop even though the trailer was announced as a "first look" at Gamescon.

When the EP came out, however, it received lots of praise, and became (at the time) one of the highest fan voted packs on Metacritic and people loved the pack.
    But the pack still had months of anger and backlash, negative press etc. against it until Game Changes started uploading footage etc and people started calming down and getting excited.
    Just dont ignore the fact that the diving platform, dont wake the llama and 1 other feature I cant remember was added in because of the Get Together backlash and it was given another 2 months of development time. Would it have been as good without the vocal community outrage I doubt it.

We got 1 extra board game (Don't Wake The Llama) which is awesome to have, and a recolour of the Diving platform to suit natural pools. That's it.

It was great to have those two things, but the backlash was about the whole pack being bad. And yet, it's a pack most sandbox players cannot play without. And Windenburg is considered a lot of players favourite world.

The backlash wouldn't have happened if EA didn't announce it so early.

I agree with thos post. If there is one thing that would ruin Get Together, that is their Marketing. Show the game when they are ready, not when it is features are not ready to be shown off yet. If I recall correct you cant even tell the clubs in the original trailrr of that pack.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I understand the frustration that some may have with the underwhelming reveal that the swatches are only for doors, but some of y’all are just so incredibly rude, some of you need to reflect on what exactly it is you’re getting upset about and recognize that some of your verbal intentions are quite harmful.

We got 350 new door swatches and some of you are acting like it’s the end of times.
  • Options
    Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    im hoping that its just a start and will continue to add more swatches in the future to other items because as it stands right now i feel so limited.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I HATE what's happening.

I'm watching all this back and forth and it's sad. If EAxis had implemented the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 color wheel from the start, none of this would be happening right now. This thread wouldn't even exist.
    filipomel wrote: »
    I understand the frustration that some may have with the underwhelming reveal that the swatches are only for doors, but some of y’all are just so incredibly rude, some of you need to reflect on what exactly it is you’re getting upset about and recognize that some of your verbal intentions are quite harmful.

We got 350 new door swatches and some of you are acting like it’s the end of times.

They got lied to by the simgurus (misleading statements are a form of lie). Aren't lies rude? Especially when your listener trusts you? Isn't that harmful to them?

I can't believe you're trying to shame the people that are rightfully upset.

• Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Lol, we definitely need a lot more interior walls, wall paper, counters and cabinets. I almost always use the same counters and cabinets but there is not enough options. Also, the number of cabinets is even fewer in style so you can't even match them to the counters.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    And here I was hoping for more skin tones, eye and hair colours... :neutral:

Like don't get me wrong, I love that they're attempting to fix the whole mismatched wood swatches but just doors? What about everything else in the game that barely matches? Really disappointing and this should have been clarified from the start.

Yesss! Desperately need more HAIR COLORS. Still waiting on purple or plum hair color! Not the bleached based lavender as medium to dark Sims can't even wear that. Also, the range of blonde colors are not great either as the yellowish blonde isn't even realistic at all. It's very cartoonish looking as opposed to some of the other colors.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2019
    Honestly they should just drop these content updates unannounced like they did toddlers. You can't be disappointed if you're not expecting anything.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I HATE what's happening.

I'm watching all this back and forth and it's sad. If EAxis had implemented the plum color wheel from the start, none of this would be happening right now. This thread wouldn't even exist.

They got lied to by the simgurus (misleading statements are a form of lie). Aren't lies rude? Especially when your listener trusts you? Isn't that harmful to them?

What is the lie, precisely? They said 350 swatches and that’s what we got.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    And here I was hoping for more skin tones, eye and hair colours... :neutral:

Like don't get me wrong, I love that they're attempting to fix the whole mismatched wood swatches but just doors? What about everything else in the game that barely matches? Really disappointing and this should have been clarified from the start.

Yesss! Desperately need more HAIR COLORS. Still waiting on purple or plum hair color! Not the bleached based lavender as medium to dark Sims can't even wear that. Also, the range of blonde colors are not great either as the yellowish blonde isn't even realistic at all. It's very cartoonish looking as opposed to some of the other colors.

Oh man that brassy yellow blonde looks like a bad bleach job lol, I have never seen anyone's natural hair be that colour and having been a hairdresser, I've seen a lot of hair colour!

18 shades just simply isn't enough and it's boring seeing the same hair colours all the time. They're missing so many and I really hope they update them soon.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I HATE what's happening.

I'm watching all this back and forth and it's sad. If EAxis had implemented the plum color wheel from the start, none of this would be happening right now. This thread wouldn't even exist.

Since you apparently need things pointed out to you: YOU GOT 350 SWATCHES FOR DOORS. Not 350 color swatches for all base games; JUST FOR DOORS. What part of that do you not understand?
  • Options

Since you apparently need things pointed out to you: YOU GOT 350 SWATCHES FOR DOORS. Not 350 color swatches for all base games; JUST FOR DOORS. What part of that do you not understand?

Yes, that was what was misleading which is a lie no matter what. Why couldn't they have just said that it was about doors right away when they announced the 350 swatches? They made things worse with this approach. Misleading simmers by omitting vital information which caused false hopes just makes it that much harder to trust them and remain loyal to the game.

If Paradox Tectonic does come out with a competitive version, I would hope they never lie to us like EAxis just did and does on a regular basis.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I HATE what's happening.

They were very vague with that. It was misleading actually, clearly with intent, and after they mislead everybody they saw all of the ideas players came up with that ~maybe~ would get a new swatch or two, but then a few days before the patch (mind you it’s been almost an entire calendar month at this point) we learn (from ONE game changer) that these swatches are just base game doors. Base. Game. Doors. They only did doors because they only set out to do doors. They had the memo when they played the number game that the swatches were just for doors. They zipped their lips! Com Manager said “you are all stoked to hear it, but WAIT till U C IT!!!!! (insert star eyed emoji) #Swatches!!” - like really amping it up, while still being intentionally vague to completely mislead players.

Like that’s not a good way to be transparent and communicate with the “community”. There’s always something they conveniently forget to tell us and we find out some non-official way and let’s be real here there have been plenty of times they have tried to hide things from players with this game while getting them to hand over money anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I HATE what's happening.

They didn't lie, they were vague, there's a distinct different between the two. They said we would be getting 350 new swatches and we did, for doors, no lie was ever spoken on the Guru's part.

Never was I trying to shame anyone for being upset, you're aloud to be upset, and I encourage those who are upset to speak out but in a respectable and constructive manner. If people are upset about the door swatches and how the initial announcement/release was handled, then act in a constructive form, because I can guarantee you now that calling the Guru's lazy and assuming they don't care/mislead their audience on purpose isn't going to lead us or anyone anywhere.
  • Options
    I HATE what's happening.

They didn't lie, they were vague, there's a distinct different between the two. They said we would be getting 350 new swatches and we did, for doors, no lie was ever spoken on the Guru's part.

Never was I trying to shame anyone for being upset, you're aloud to be upset, and I encourage those who are upset to speak out but in a respectable and constructive manner. If people are upset about the door swatches and how the initial announcement/release was handled, then act in a constructive form, because I can guarantee you now that calling the Guru's lazy and assuming they don't care/mislead their audience on purpose isn't going to lead us or anyone anywhere.

You're being as dishonest as they are by not calling it a lie. @drake_mccarty clearly defined their deception just above your post, so you can't have missed how the lie was identified.

And you WERE shaming people who were legit upset and expressing how they perceived EAxis after yet another deceptive act. This isn't the first time and from track record, EAxis is going to keep doing this - so no amount of constructive criticism is going to change them. It's really questionable why you take EAxis side no matter what even if their despicable acts are so glaringly obvious.

Why couldn't EAxis just been upfront about the swatches only being for doors in the first place? This thread wouldn't even exist if they had just been honest from the start and now EAxis has to send in their lackeys to downplay their faux pas. Ultimately all this deception did was just further damages customer trust.

You know what that means? The further damage of customer trust? That means less pre-pay of future packs and TS5. Less buying the packs at full price to play right away and more waiting for player feedback and buying it on sale. Why should we trust EAxis and pay upfront if they had lied to us so many times before with previous packs?

The new leadership at EAxis is not thinking about future long-term consequences!

• Options
    I HATE what's happening.

It’s not a lie, so there’s no need to yell at me. I understand you are frustrated, but that does not make it a falsehood. Yes, it was vague. Yes, people wanted more stuff. Yes, they need to communicate better.

But there is no lie, just dahed hope.
  • Options
    I wanted to respond, but then thought the better of it. People stick their own opinions anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I HATE what's happening.

You're being as dishonest as they are by not calling it a lie. @drake_mccarty clearly defined their deception just above your post, so you can't have missed how the lie was identified.

And you WERE shaming people who were legit upset and expressing how they perceived EAxis after yet another deceptive act. This isn't the first time and from track record, EAxis is going to keep doing this - so no amount of constructive criticism is going to change them. It's really questionable why you take EAxis side no matter what even if their despicable acts are so glaringly obvious.

Why couldn't EAxis just been upfront about the swatches only being for doors in the first place? This thread wouldn't even exist if they had just been honest from the start and now EAxis has to send in their lackeys to downplay their faux pas. Ultimately all this deception did was just further damages customer trust.

You know what that means? The further damage of customer trust? That means less pre-pay of future packs and TS5. Less buying the packs at full price to play right away and more waiting for player feedback and buying it on sale. Why should we trust EAxis and pay upfront if they had lied to us so many times before with previous packs?

The new leadership at EAxis is not thinking about future long-term consequences!

If you read any of my comments carefully I am actually not taking any sides, just pointing out what is objectively true. I'm not going to comment on drake_mccarty explanation because in all honesty I believe it to be a reach, if you dig hard enough you'll find a reason to make it so. Point I'm making here is nothing the guru's said was a lie and the attacks that some are delivering are completely out of line, I am not shaming those who are upset, I am however pointing out that it is not okay to be rude, again, being vague is not lying no matter how hard you try to twist the definitions, and whether they were doing it on purpose isn't my call to make but I seriously doubt that they did what they did with intent.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't know I find it funny that the people who complain about it being on doors only don't even have a strong enough computer to play the Sims 4 as it is and haven't even bought the game themselves. Like imagine how much their computers will suffer when swatches are applied to other things too? The 64 bit upgrade can't come soon enough. I love that there will be more swatches and yes I do hope it comes to others things as well because as it is, the Sims 4 runs well on my computer with all the DLC.

I have a strong asus republic of gamers and own every packs. I also play on ultra. :smile: But anyway, I'm still glad it's at leats for doors cause matching was awful and I found myself enjoying the new swatches, however I hope it will also come for other items (windows, fences, gates, counters, beds etc).
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I HATE what's happening.

Would you consider deception a lie? Like when you ask someone where have you been and they say to the store. They leave out they also went to see their girlfriend. Is that a lie? or is it o.k. to deceive players?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.