Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Stuff Pack [MEGA]

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    After seeing the live stream I'm liking it way more than I thought I would. Still not over the moon about the clothes but love the build/buy and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the photography career/ objects/ overhaul.

I didn't catch the live stream. Is there a link to that?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'll say this, I still kind of hate the clothes, but I love that sims can take pictures with their animals. Seeing them play it definitely made it look less boring and ridiculous than I thought it would be, so I guess that's something. I'm very glad though that we got new frames in the base game and that we can finally put pictures on shelves etc. :)
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    After seeing the live stream I'm liking it way more than I thought I would. Still not over the moon about the clothes but love the build/buy and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the photography career/ objects/ overhaul.

You can find it here :)https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964123/lets-watch-moschino-gameplay-cas-bb-career-livestream/p1
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

You can find it here :)https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964123/lets-watch-moschino-gameplay-cas-bb-career-livestream/p1

Thanks! It looks like the photography career will be really cool for people who are into that, lots of interaction. Not my thing, but I know lots of players will love it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Thanks! It looks like the photography career will be really cool for people who are into that, lots of interaction. Not my thing, but I know lots of players will love it.

I agree. I actually gave up on taking pics of my Sims because the base game was so limited in that regard, and I really hated the photography station that came with GTW because I always expected it to do .. exactly what this SP does.

So I think even people who didn't historically like photography in the Sims might end up enjoying it more with this career. It's definitely peaked my interest - at the same time, I feel this could have easily been included with GF or GTW. That may not be fair because I can see they put a lot of work into it, but well, it's just how I feel. I'm glad that at the very least, it appears to integrate well with GF and the style influencer career so that's a good thing :)
  • Options
    petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    At first, when we only had the GIF, I wasn't interested in the pack at all because the clothes didn't seem like stuff I'd use in my game. When the trailer released, I was really interested by the BB items... but after I saw the livestream where they showed more of the objects and the advanced camera functions, I was instantly sold on the pack :sweat_smile:
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited August 2019
    petewentos wrote: »
    At first, when we only had the GIF, I wasn't interested in the pack at all because the clothes didn't seem like stuff I'd use in my game. When the trailer released, I was really interested by the BB items... but after I saw the livestream where they showed more of the objects and the advanced camera functions, I was instantly sold on the pack :sweat_smile:

i get all the packs cause my dad who gave me the money for the orginal game .sims4. is no longer here but i love reading how other simmers think. i actually wasn't that intrested either til they shwed th furniture.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Arguably some of the things they have added to the base game for free (the Caribbean mini-pack, with sliding doors and a ceiling fan, and all the holiday stuff, which includes new recipes and items) could have been separate stuff packs (and would have been, in previous Sims games).

Plus I don’t think building on existing game elements necessarily implies a lack of creativity on the developers’ part. Stuff packs have always done this, but mainly through objects. Now they are expanding photography in a variety of ways: through a free patch, through objects, a new career, and gameplay. It’s better than it used to be, in that respect. I hope they do something like this with a lot of the skills.

this so much, I want them to feel encouraged to go back to previous skills and expand on them.

I agree. But there will always be someone screaming, "I'm not paying for this twice! Shame on them. They should have done it right the first time! blah, blah, blah..." Lol.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited August 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Arguably some of the things they have added to the base game for free (the Caribbean mini-pack, with sliding doors and a ceiling fan, and all the holiday stuff, which includes new recipes and items) could have been separate stuff packs (and would have been, in previous Sims games).

Plus I don’t think building on existing game elements necessarily implies a lack of creativity on the developers’ part. Stuff packs have always done this, but mainly through objects. Now they are expanding photography in a variety of ways: through a free patch, through objects, a new career, and gameplay. It’s better than it used to be, in that respect. I hope they do something like this with a lot of the skills.

this so much, I want them to feel encouraged to go back to previous skills and expand on them.

I agree. But there will always be someone screaming, "I'm not paying for this twice! Shame on them. They should have done it right the first time! blah, blah, blah..." Lol.

The thing people forget while complaining about 'Get to Work' is that it was one of the first packs. the gurus learned a lot from what went wrong then, and packs after it improved on the initial ideas. So just like how Outdoor Retreat isn't as good as Jungle Adventure, it's to be expected that the jobs of Get to Work (which I still love playing) aren't as replayable as the later careers.

But I'd rather pay twice, and have those initial ideas improved, than have people telling them that they can't ever go back to things, just because people paid for them before. And sure, they could improve things in a patch, as they have done with other skills. But they'd never get the chance to go as deep in a skill that is in a free patch, as they can do with hose that come with their own pack.
    Post edited by liliaeth on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

That's why we can't get nice things - look at MFP - so now the Guru's are leery about doing things like that probably. Could we blame them? I am just glad they gave it another go with this pack. Really love all they did in this SP.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Hmmmmm is it weird that after watching the livestream I've been obsessively thinking about making a pet photographer? Like the Anne Geddes of in-game pet photography? You know, "come to my studio to get an adorable picture of you and your pet"-type of thing? And here I was kinda convinced I wouldn't like this pack.. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    So from what I've seen from this pack, I stand by my decision that this should have just been a free photography update or a photography based SP without the mosino clothes. For a 'fashion collab pack' this thing introduces very few clothes. The photography career and new photography stuff seem to have taken more focus, which was probably intentional since from what I've seen the vast majority of people only want it for the photography.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2019
    I feel as if something wrong happened between Moschino and EA.

First, Moschino capsule collection isn't as good as the Barbie or Super Mario collections, as if they didn't care about The Sims.

Second, the low quantity of Moschino clothes in the pack.
    Moschino is an expensive clothing brand. Does Moschino ask too high royalties ?

We'll never know what happened.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

After watching Deligracy I must say that I really like the hair that comes with the pack. I really like the jackets for both men and women. The dresses are really good for me. When it comes to build and buy the windows and a few other things are really useful and then I already know that I love the gameplay.

The more I have learned about the pack the more it suits me. Happy surprise for me this time :)

Also regarding paying for an update to photography. If they needed time for developers to expand the photography-skill then that should be payed for. In the twitch-stream the developers talked about how they worked with the pack. Work, meaning someone went into the office and put in hours in order for the sims to be able to do more with the cameras. I think those people like to get payed so this is how we do it. Just because they worked with it once doesn't mean that the rest of the stuff just jump out of the ether.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    katy Perry was used in the trailers

Most celebs featured in the game over the years has had some part in the trailers - especially the ones that run as tv ads.

true, and some of the music

katy Perry hot&cold, the sims 2 apartment life trailer.
    katy Perry firework, the sims 3 showtime trailer.
    katy Perry, the one that got away, in showtime katy edition.
    katy Perry, last Friday night, in sweet treats trailer.

god, no wonder people had enough of her in the sims 3 lol

also

lady antebellum, need you now, in ambitions trailer.
    and zedd in the sims 4 get together.

there is more celebs used.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That's why we can't get nice things - look at MFP - so now the Guru's are leery about doing things like that probably. Could we blame them? I am just glad they gave it another go with this pack. Really love all they did in this SP.

I love all of buy mode B) and some of the clothing :)

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    I know it's political but living in the UK I would love to make a Sim out of our current leader and take a picture of him with our more famous "Larry the cat" from No.10. That cat's expression in the livestream was priceless. :D
    Ok with the fact that this will disappear shortly! :p>:)
    Sorry.

Any other celebrities needing a photo with cat?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Now this is the important stuff!

Data (Star Trek TNG)
    Taylor Swift
    Ed Sheeran
    CeeLo Green
    Leonard Nimoy (in and out of character)
    Ernest Hemingway

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    When is it released today?
  • Options
    When is it released today?

It's already been out for 20ish minutes :)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Now this is the important stuff!

Data (Star Trek TNG)
    Taylor Swift
    Ed Sheeran
    CeeLo Green
    Leonard Nimoy (in and out of character)
    Ernest Hemingway

Freddie Mercury!
  • Options
    5 years and over 20 DLCs for this game, and still no University?? >:)

5 years and over 20 DLCs for this game and we still have to wait for proper life states other than vampires?!

this fall ;)

merman/mermaid already released

• Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2019
    the clothes seem low quality to me :neutral: i've seen better meshes from custom content creators. ironic considering they collabed with a high fashion brand, you'd think the clothing would look better.