Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Announcement"S" confirmed for EA Play

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I will only be tuning in just before the Sims section. I have no interest in the other products, so why waste time watching it?
  • Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I will only be tuning in just before the Sims section. I have no interest in the other products, so why waste time watching it?

Same here! Before the stream I will watch all TS3 Island Paradise trailers to get in the mood :smiley: .
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    I can’t believe they’re still sticking with this awful cringe secretive marketing strategy where the hype up ~something~~ amazing coming ‘soon’ all the time, then we don’t hear anything for ages, then it finally drops and it’s meh 😂
    Makes me nostalgic for the sims disc and preview pamphlet days lol this is just a mess now
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    sunspriter wrote: »
    I can’t believe they’re still sticking with this awful cringe secretive marketing strategy where the hype up ~something~~ amazing coming ‘soon’ all the time, then we don’t hear anything for ages, then it finally drops and it’s meh 😂
    Makes me nostalgic for the sims disc and preview pamphlet days lol this is just a mess now

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member

Seasons wasn't meh so I doubt a Tropical Pack will be either.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2019

Seasons wasn't meh so I doubt a Tropical Pack will be either.

I don't think seasons was meh ether but I do wish we could know whats coming like sims 3 players did @catloverplayer
    it does seem unfair we don't get the same treatment as sims 3 players did
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Same. I've mentioned this before but we used to get pamphlets for the next EP when the current EP itself was released. Nothing too concrete, it was just the overall theme, but at least we knew something

Here's a simmer who posted the inserts that were included in the packs: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16416734/#Comment_16416734

I miss the golden age of The Sims. I know TS2 wasn't without its problems, but I thought it peaked somewhere near TS2's end
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Gamerlil wrote: »
    If they only announce the expansion I'll have to wither away back behind my keyboard I will be a bit disappointed

Frankly, if they announce any new pack, I'll be delighted. As usual, the community is running away with expectations.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i will keep watch on the annoucement and will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I'm really looking forward to next Saturday. I'll be parked in front of my computer eagerly awaiting the announcement.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I'm really looking forward to next Saturday. I'll be parked in front of my computer eagerly awaiting the announcement.

Same here!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    @invisiblgirl Lol. It's because packs normally do get announced before EA play. It's a reasonable deduction. Not running away with anything. Let people discuss things and be excited, this is a discussion forum after all.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,251 Member
    She will announcement The Sims AI will replace Alexa/Cortana/Siri and will rule your home :p .

#TheSimsRevenge
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2019
    I am sorry but this team is the biggest joke I have ever seen..I have NEVER in the time I have played The Sims have been so disappointed and seen such quiet and sorry excuse of a team...

Their communication plan is the worse I ever seen...
    They better change there way of communicating or they are going to continue to lose customers and this is going to keep going downhill..

-shakes head- This is RIDICULOUS!

They literally released a free patch in April with more content than a Stuff Pack.
    We also got a Podcast with an explanation of how they choose and announce packs.

They then told us THIS MONTH that a SP, GP & EP are coming in the next 6 months, that the next patch will have 350 swatches for base game items and that the next announcement is at EA Play.

That’s PLENTY of communication in 2 months. They can’t reveal content until they know the date it’s officially coming, but I feel like people are just ignoring all the communication we’ve had.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I am sorry but this team is the biggest joke I have ever seen..I have NEVER in the time I have played The Sims have been so disappointed and seen such quiet and sorry excuse of a team...

They better change there way of communicating or they are going to continue to lose customers and this is going to keep going downhill..

They literally released a free patch in April with more content than a Stuff Pack.
    We also got a Podcast with an explanation of how they choose and announce packs.

They then told us THIS MONTH that a SP, GP & EP are coming in the next 6 months, that the next patch will have 350 swatches for base game items and that the next announcement is at EA Play.

That’s PLENTY of communication in 2 months. They can’t reveal content until they know the date it’s officially coming, but I feel like people are just ignoring all the communication we’ve had.

People aren’t ignoring the communication, to many that communication is just not good enough. Fine if you personally think it is but that’s a pretty pathetically small amount of info to me. The free patch wasn’t anywhere near a stuff pack in my eyes, just some random leftover bugged out bits. I don’t care about their explanation of how they choose when they don’t actually give any new info or make it seem like they’re listening at all, to me that just sounds like constant pr covering their backs. Then telling us packs are coming without ANY info when or what they are, again, why on earth would I care about that??? Obviously packs are coming or the game is over. Again this is just my response, it’s cool that you have a different response, you do you, but don’t act like those of us who are disappointed in what we see as a real downturn in a game we have put so much time and money into and obviously want to love again, and know could be incredible if any real effort was made to address communication problems.

Personally I think their current strategy and team reshuffling is a straight up disaster lol but i still love playing and I’m not ignoring what they say, I’m just disappointed
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I will watch the whole thing - I always do. I like a lot of EA's other games as well. I enjoy EA Play, E3, and Gamescom as well and watch them all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

People aren’t ignoring the communication, to many that communication is just not good enough. Fine if you personally think it is but that’s a pretty pathetically small amount of info to me. The free patch wasn’t anywhere near a stuff pack in my eyes, just some random leftover bugged out bits. I don’t care about their explanation of how they choose when they don’t actually give any new info or make it seem like they’re listening at all, to me that just sounds like constant pr covering their backs. Then telling us packs are coming without ANY info when or what they are, again, why on earth would I care about that??? Obviously packs are coming or the game is over. Again this is just my response, it’s cool that you have a different response, you do you, but don’t act like those of us who are disappointed in what we see as a real downturn in a game we have put so much time and money into and obviously want to love again, and know could be incredible if any real effort was made to address communication problems.

Personally I think their current strategy and team reshuffling is a straight up disaster lol but i still love playing and I’m not ignoring what they say, I’m just disappointed

Without announcing packs that aren’t ready, what exactly do you want them to say?

We know what’s coming in the next patch, we know what types of packs we are getting until November and we know when the next pack is being announced? They have told us “when” but they aren’t allowed to tell us “what” until it’s the same quarter it’s being released.

How is that “poor communication?” Please enlighten me.

They can’t announce what the packs are. But they’ve told us everything else.

And your comment about how the last patch was “just some leftover bugged out bits” is totally inaccurate and laughable.
    We got a new type of career, and 3 new careers, a whole bunch of new clothes and a whole bunch of new objects.

They could have sold that as a $10 Stuff Pack if they wanted. But they gave it to us for free.

How is that “bugged out bits”?

You’re going to be disappointed if you want to know what packs are 12 months in advance. They’ve already previously said that when they announced Get Together too early, and had to delay it, it messed a lot of things up for them and they wouldn’t be able to do that again. Not only that, but only a small amount of content was ready to show so there was huge negativity when Get Together was announced (bigger than the base game if you were on the forums) and now it’s a fan favourite.

Announcing things to early just seems to cause more negativity, because when EA announce content, people assume what they show is all they’re getting. So EA need everything ready before they’re ready to announce.

Simmers did that to themselves when EA tried to announce things way in advance.
  • Options

Without announcing packs that aren’t ready, what exactly do you want them to say?

We know what’s coming in the next patch, we know what types of packs we are getting until November and we know when the next pack is being announced? They have told us “when” but they aren’t allowed to tell us “what” until it’s the same quarter it’s being released.

How is that “poor communication?” Please enlighten me.

They can’t announce what the packs are. But they’ve told us everything else.

And your comment about how the last patch was “just some leftover bugged out bits” is totally inaccurate and laughable.
    We got a new type of career, and 3 new careers, a whole bunch of new clothes and a whole bunch of new objects.

They could have sold that as a $10 Stuff Pack if they wanted. But they gave it to us for free.

How is that “bugged out bits”?

You’re going to be disappointed if you want to know what packs are 12 months in advance. They’ve already previously said that when they announced Get Together too early, and had to delay it, it messed a lot of things up for them and they wouldn’t be able to do that again. Not only that, but only a small amount of content was ready to show so there was huge negativity when Get Together was announced (bigger than the base game if you were on the forums) and now it’s a fan favourite.

Announcing things to early just seems to cause more negativity, because when EA announce content, people assume what they show is all they’re getting. So EA need everything ready before they’re ready to announce.

Simmers did that to themselves when EA tried to announce things way in advance.

Lol I don’t want to argue we just clearly disagree, that’s fine

The patch was totally a bugged out career, many other simmers on twitch said the same, actually said it was unplayable. The free objects looked like random bits leftover from a pack. Cool you disagree, enjoy your freebies! But it’s not laughable that I think it was less than impressive

And re enlightening you about the communication, we obviously just disagree with what they both can and should do. I don’t need to know the pack 12 months out, I’d be happy with just some hints and teasers, or just creating solid packs in a semi consistent schedule, or even just communicating more openly with a better attitude. I constantly feel like I’m being condescend too, apparently here included. Plenty of other games deal with the next packs and communication better, so I don’t see why it’s so much to ask. If you’re happy with it what’s the problem? I’m disappointed, so are many others, and telling us we are wrong isn’t exactly going to change our opinions lmao
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited June 2019
    The problem with these updates is we're not getting the big stuff freed babies,cars etc. Terrain Tools was the exception. Now the Caribbean Update last year was a good one. We got new wallpapers,hairstyles,a working ceiling fan and an opening glass door.

I wish we could get more updates like this.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited June 2019
    Receiving free things in updates from time to time is nice. I do agree with that. But the toddler update was given to us for free because toddlers were supposed to be in the base game, and they waited until the base game was just about ready to drop to tell us toddlers would not be included afterall. Pools were in a free update because they were not included in the base game.Terrain tools were in an update because they were not included in the base game as we all expected. Many of the assets, careers, etc, have been included in updates because these were not in the base game. But the main problem with the game has not been about what was, or was not, included in the base game. Almost five years into Sims4's run, after the addition of various packs, the game feels more like what we are used to. Charging us for those missing assets would have been taken as an insult. Which is why EA would like to avoid another backlash like the one we had after My First Pet Stuff was released. I can only imagine what the reaction would have been if toddlers had not been released as a free update.

Most Simmers simply want a way for EA to let us know more about future content. That's all. We were told we have three new packs coming in the next six months, people are waiting to find out if we can expect an EP in June and the theme of said pack, and we would like a timeline for new content releases. While I realize EA has new guidelines to follow on announcing new content, there has to be a better, more transparent way, to tell us something more than 'soon'. My hope is this will happen when support for 32-Bit systems ends this month.

The devs have been looking forward to being able to create content that is more complex. We have no idea how being able to use newer technology may change the complexity of new content, or how that might affect how quickly that content can be created then released to us. The game engine EA is using has its limitations, but I feel confident we will see shorter waits between pack releases after June. Perhaps that is why SimGuruGraham was able to tell us to look forward to seeing three new packs in the next six months. If the devs are able to develop new content more quickly, EA will be able to disclose the content more quickly. I don't mind waiting for new content. After nineteen years as a Simmer, I fully expect to wait. But what am I waiting for, is the main question many of us are asking.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I love the freelancer career actually. Thats one of my most favorite additions to the game. Aside from that I agree that the communication is awful .

We do not know what's coming in the patch, other than the swatches. Im very relieved about the swatches though because they are desperately needed @sunspriter
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm definitely tuning into The Sims panel. It'll be at 4 AM in my country, so I'm planning an all-nighter for the occasion, just like I did for Strangerville's announcement.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€