Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    IS THIS A LAPTOP ????
    3505mza.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    IS THIS A LAPTOP ????

Yes.
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited February 2019
    They really like to release new packs when you least expect it! With that said, I'm really excited for this pack. I did expect a Witches/Supernatural GP to come out first, but i'm fine with waiting for it. We need more NEW content for this game and less rehashed packs, like University, Seasons, Pets, etc. I hope that someday those things come in base games, but that's highly unlikely. Anyway, I love mysteries and conspiracy theories and the strangest thing of all is on the day that the first teasers came out for this new pack, my Internet stopped working! I could only go on Facebook and see the screenshots! Very strange indeed...🤔
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Disappointed they have still not listened to the majority on what they 'really' want in a GP. I'll probably buy it just so I keep on track of having all of them.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I could use it in my doctor who save, but this is something I would need a ton of mods to remove features I don't want in normal gameplay, I'll pass.
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I think this'll be the second game pack releasing right around my birthday. Too bad I'm not interested in the concept. :/
    And my birthday as well. So Have a wonderful and Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2019
    If you want to completely remove all story elements from your world, you'll have to play through the story first. We don't want to force the story/weirdness on you.
    So if you don't want the story, you have to play the story, even though you don't want the story, and you said you didn't wanna force it on us....
    tenor.gif?itemid=13129374
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    If you want to completely remove all story elements from your world, you'll have to play through the story first. We don't want to force the story/weirdness on you.
    So if you don't want the story, you have to play the story, even though you don't want the story, and you said you didn't wanna force it on us....

My thoughts exactly.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I'm excited even if I don't like playing the stranger part its still new content. I love the hair and clothes and I think I will like the strange town too.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    I wondering is it possible to have a hybrid Sim based in StrangerVille with the Rabid Rodent Fever and the Infection coming with this GP? That would be amazing,
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited February 2019

Reminds me of Sims Medieval and the Sims Castaway Stories in which you could only unlock the sandbox mode after playing the games in story mode.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member

Why?
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2019
    I seen a laptop on the trailer ☺ I'm soo excited for this pack, it's going to take a wee while longer for me though I'm on console but I am definitely going to get it when it comes out. I always keep up to date with what's coming on pc because I know it will come out on console soon . The devs are very fast at porting content over. Can't wait for us to catch up and gallery that's what I really want for console this year. Then we can go into 2020 together the same game. Hopefully release at the same day as each other .
  • Options
    maitetsmaitets Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm actually excited for this pack! It looks so interesting!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    With what we've been getting from the consistent trickle of information from the devs, this is shaping up to be something of the pack we didn't know we wanted. I'm excited for this one.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Strangerville looks and sounds like a great place to build a school for magic.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Strangerville looks and sounds like a great place to build a school for magic.

To me that would be Windenburg, hands down. Or maybe Forgotten Hollow. Strangerville... If they somehow incorporated the Aliens and especially the Science Career into it (which they won't, because they need the packs to be able to work without eachother)... If I could actually get that, I might consider living in that town as a mad scientist.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

You do have to play through the story, but only to remove all story aspects from the game completely. The gurus have told us that you can visit or even live in Strangerville without the story affecting you at all. Apparently the story isn't big, unless you start to interact with it.
    Post edited by KalopsianDreamer on
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like the cactuses and that desert/grand canyon landscape. Also I wonder what that kiosk is for and why is there a gnome in a cage ? Hope the objects are all part of the build/buy.
    sm7tjs.jpg
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    SummerIsSimmingSummerIsSimming Posts: 1 New Member
    Oo..exiting!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Also I wonder what that kiosk is for and why is there a gnome in a cage ?

He knows what he did!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    If the twist is that the gnomes are behind everything, I'd probably buy the game twice.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I've always been a big fan of SciFi, Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian, etc. movies and books. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors if that tells you anything. So, this GP looks very intriguing to me. I'd still like to know more about it though. It sounds as if once you play out the mystery, it's solved and won't regenerate again with anything new.

While that's a bit disappointing, I'm still excited for it for a number of reasons.

First, would be the new world. While I haven't played much in Oasis Springs, and this does look similar, it also looks quite different to me. I love the background with those red rocks. It reminds me of the movie, "Close encounters of the Third Kind." Those mountains are shaped kind of like Devil's Rock.

The trailers/motorhomes remind me of another Scifi movie, "Independence Day." I have a feeling they're just decor items though, which is a shame. But, I also love the crashed military airplane that's been confirmed to "not be just a decor object." I'm sure it has something to do with the mystery and our Sims will be able to interact with it. How much? I have no idea.

I'm also loving all the new plants, trees and purported collectibles. I'm curious exactly what those will be. The trailer shows a windmill which has me excited. I hope it's not just a 'background' decor item. I'd love to use that on my Sims lot.

Second, speaking of objects, there's a new laptop, lots of clutter, science/lab objects, martial arts kick stand, what looks like a new jukebox and I'm sure more that I missed or hasn't been shown yet. Very excited about the possibility of standing photographs too. I hope and pray that wasn't just staged for the trailer.

Third, the CAS clothing, hair, etc. looks wonderful! I really like the more 'ordinary' western/prairie/Mad Max vibe going on with it and the military/secret agent stuff looks great too!

Lastly, speaking of military, I always LOVED the military career in TS2 and was hoping it would be brought back one day for TS4. That and the martial arts skill gives this GP another big plus in my eyes! I'm super excited for that!

I want to give a big KUDOS to the Devs or whomever was responsible for the trailer. One of their best if not THE best they've ever done in my opinion. Very mysterious, intriguing and creepy! *shivers* Especially the transformation scene at the beginning! I got some big time "An American Werewolf in London" movie vibes from that. It looks so similar to how the star of that movie transformed. Freaked me out to be honest, but in a GOOD way.

I'm curious to find out what the end of the trailer means, with that mushroom cloud. Was that the "Mother' taking over and infecting the entire town? Or was it the final ending/triumphant solution to the mystery and a "cleansing" for Strangerville? I guess we'll soon find out eh? ;)

Happy Simming Y'all! <3

Martial arts skill has not been confirmed! Not sure why I keep seeing people say that!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I've always been a big fan of SciFi, Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian, etc. movies and books. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors if that tells you anything. So, this GP looks very intriguing to me. I'd still like to know more about it though. It sounds as if once you play out the mystery, it's solved and won't regenerate again with anything new.

While that's a bit disappointing, I'm still excited for it for a number of reasons.

First, would be the new world. While I haven't played much in Oasis Springs, and this does look similar, it also looks quite different to me. I love the background with those red rocks. It reminds me of the movie, "Close encounters of the Third Kind." Those mountains are shaped kind of like Devil's Rock.

The trailers/motorhomes remind me of another Scifi movie, "Independence Day." I have a feeling they're just decor items though, which is a shame. But, I also love the crashed military airplane that's been confirmed to "not be just a decor object." I'm sure it has something to do with the mystery and our Sims will be able to interact with it. How much? I have no idea.

I'm also loving all the new plants, trees and purported collectibles. I'm curious exactly what those will be. The trailer shows a windmill which has me excited. I hope it's not just a 'background' decor item. I'd love to use that on my Sims lot.

Second, speaking of objects, there's a new laptop, lots of clutter, science/lab objects, martial arts kick stand, what looks like a new jukebox and I'm sure more that I missed or hasn't been shown yet. Very excited about the possibility of standing photographs too. I hope and pray that wasn't just staged for the trailer.

Third, the CAS clothing, hair, etc. looks wonderful! I really like the more 'ordinary' western/prairie/Mad Max vibe going on with it and the military/secret agent stuff looks great too!

Lastly, speaking of military, I always LOVED the military career in TS2 and was hoping it would be brought back one day for TS4. That and the martial arts skill gives this GP another big plus in my eyes! I'm super excited for that!

I want to give a big KUDOS to the Devs or whomever was responsible for the trailer. One of their best if not THE best they've ever done in my opinion. Very mysterious, intriguing and creepy! *shivers* Especially the transformation scene at the beginning! I got some big time "An American Werewolf in London" movie vibes from that. It looks so similar to how the star of that movie transformed. Freaked me out to be honest, but in a GOOD way.

I'm curious to find out what the end of the trailer means, with that mushroom cloud. Was that the "Mother' taking over and infecting the entire town? Or was it the final ending/triumphant solution to the mystery and a "cleansing" for Strangerville? I guess we'll soon find out eh? ;)

Happy Simming Y'all! <3

Martial arts skill has not been confirmed! Not sure why I keep seeing people say that!

You didn't see the trailer?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    VecVec Posts: 3 New Member
    Military career. Just what I wanted. YESSS
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top