Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    thanks for looking into it, I will tell him. I don't really know what this all means lol, but I think he will know more :)
  • Options
    He thinks its useful info, so his modding career doesn't seem to be over :)

I am however not that talented and I'm once again asking for your help lol. I have those shorts that have an ankle seam, which is most obvious when wearing socks. Would it be possible for you to fix that seam please?

562ec16f2a13361e30f7b6c2d73eb420df1e3fc8.jpg

Link: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2357434/

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @budewarmin Glad to hear it! If he needs any help, just let me know. :3 And, yes, the seam is an easy fix. Be back in a jiffy.
  • Options
    Thank you Emily <3
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Hi Emily, was just wondering if it would be hard to learn how to put a thumbnail in the s3pe package for a cc accessories item so that it would show up as a picture instead of a blank or just a sim hand. If it's not hard, think you could walk me through it? I have so many accessories that don't have a pic and am tired of clicking on them constantly to see what they are. :)
  • Options
    @ZeeGee It's honestly pretty simple. I never do it, because by the time I get the piece working I've already tested it in-game a million times and so I don't want to have to then put it back in TSR Workshop to put custom thumbnails in. :sweat_smile: I know, I know, a comical level of laziness.
    • Get a photo of the CC you want custom thumbnails for.
    • Open the photo in an image editor and resize it to 256x256 pixels (To note, that is the size of CAS Thumbnails. If you also want a custom Launcher Thumbnail, you'll need to make another version that is 64x64).
    • Export/save the image as .png
    • Open TSR Workshop>click "create new project">double click "new import">click "browse">in the file explorer that opens, make sure in the bottom right that it's looking for the right type of file (Sims3Pack or .package)>navigate to the file's location>double click the file>hit next>hit next>hit okay
    • For CAS Thumbnails: When the project has loaded, go to the Texture tab and scroll all the way down. Click the + next to "PartHighlighting" to expand that section, click "CAS Thumbnail" and ... will appear in a little box on the right, click that, navigate to your 256x256 png image, double click it. It will import it as your CAS thumbnail, then you just click file>export>to sims3pack and re-export the piece of CC. If, like me, you hate sims3pack files, you can get this to convert them to .package files: https://modthesims.info/d/364038/delphy-s-sims-3-pack-multi-extracter-updated-5th-sept-2009.html
    • For Launcher Thumbnails: In the project tab, scroll down to "extras", click "Launcher Thumbnail">click ...>find your 64x64 png and double click it>export the package.

To note: You'll only need 1 launcher thumbnail (or 0, if you don't care about that), but you'll need to repeat the steps for the CAS thumbnail for all presets. At the top of the texture tab is a drop down menu that has all presets in it, you'll need to select each one and repeat the CAS Thumbnail steps for each preset. As a word of caution: TSR Workshop hates its life and really enjoys memory related crashes. Especially if the item you're editing has more than one preset, you'd be wise to save the project periodically to avoid losing any progress you may have made.
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Thank you so very much. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @Emily4331 I did it! I hit some hiccups due to not having used TSRW before but worked my way through each one. Thank you so much for the precise instructions! I'm so excited.

ETA: Oops, I didn't do it. Not showing up in game. I must have done something wrong. I'll try again tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @ZeeGee I will note, I've never tried to use custom thumbnails, so I'm not sure how reliable TSRW is with that. I'll do some tests myself and see if the TSRW way even works and, if not, I'll test other methods I can find and let you know which seems best. :smile:

Edit: Just quickly tested putting in a CAS thumbnail for a DoA Conversion of mine and it worked, so just troubleshoot and make sure everything is the correct size and file type and I'm sure you'll figure it out. :3
  • Options
    ChazyBazzyChazyBazzy Posts: 414 Member
    Hi, sorry to bother you but I have 2 outfits that are a bit borked (the arms kinda sink into the sides if I remember correctly). Is there any way you could fix them for me?
    Here's the link to both outfits if you're able to take a look at them for me :)
    https://simfileshare.net/download/2363790/
  • Options
    @ChazyBazzy Of course! :3
  • Options
    @ChazyBazzy The plaid skirt outfit was one of those interesting cases of just being borked in coming out of TSRW. And the bird blouse one couldn't be opened in TSRW at all, so for both of these I had to do the TSRW part of things all over again. This is only relevant because the designs might not be 100% exact, but I tried. :tongue:

The important thing is that your sims have regained the use of their arms:
    BKqpFt9.png

C5r93Yd.png

And let's just hope the birds on the blouse looked like this, because I couldn't seem to find this piece of CC anywhere to have a point of reference. :lol:
    AA3w2om.png

DLs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8ecoe2jofjqf18/[thewaysofthesims] Fall Outfit 1_Fix.package?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnekhor8yzs5g3q/BirdPrintBlouse&Skirt_Fix.package?dl=0
  • Options
    ChazyBazzyChazyBazzy Posts: 414 Member
    @Emily4331 You're amazing, thank you!
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Thanks for testing, I’m sure it was an error on my part. Just have to try again. 😊
  • Options
    Hi Emily!

Could you perhaps look if you can remove 2 pieces from an accessory mesh? It's an accessory hat from S-club gothic set, and I was hoping it was possible to remove the skull and cross from the mesh? Leaving the feathers, rose and cards? The hat is so convenient with the hat sliders, but it it too dark for some characters, like a clown magician.

I uploaded it here for convenience:
    http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2393144/

Here is a photo I found on google with the hat showing:
    Screenshot-8.jpg
  • Options
    @budewarmin That hat is adorable and I'm keeping it. :tongue:

Here it is de-skull and crossed:
    aYFLkCP.jpg

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eybn6yynd7gq8mi/S-Club [ts3-hat] n1-Edit.package?dl=0

• Options
    Thank you, you're the best :):)
    Now I have 2 adorable hats :D
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Meant to come back here ages ago and tell you that your tutorial for replacing the CAS thumbnail worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch :kiss:
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Yay! Glad to hear it. :smiley:
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Emily4331 Hey girl. :) How are you doing?

So, I have a cc fix request for you. :blush:

This sweater shirt combo looks so good on my male sims, but...there's an issue with the collar part in the back. :grimace:

I hope you can see it in this picture...

Screenshot.jpg

^Can you see his neck peeking out underneath the collar fold a bit? Drives me crazy!
    *Last time I checked it was visible in LIVE mode as well.

Is there any way you can fix that? Here's the link to the cc. (From TSR).
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-male/title/lymann-merino-sweater-with-shirt/id/1248769/

Thanks chica. <3

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill Yeah, easy fix. :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @emorrill Bleh the issue wasn't what I thought it was and actually is just the collar placement/size. Not hard, per-say, but I will probably have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to a place that I (and you) like. :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @emorrill Bleh the issue wasn't what I thought it was and actually is just the color placement/size. Not hard, per-say, but I will probably have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to a place that I (and you) like. :sweat_smile:

@Emily4331 ^Hee hee. :mrgreen:
    Well darn...
    I appreciate you looking into it though and working to fix it. <3 Thank you. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top