Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Poofy_GummyPoofy_Gummy Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! Someone recommended that i should ask you if you could possibly fix something!
    So i humbly ask for you to consider the following:

This is somewhat special because it isn't CC but multiple things that EA themselves messed up completely.
    -The first and most annoying part is specifically that in the seasons EP they apparently forgot to modify the adult male wetsuit mesh for teens. In the end they just did the ghetto solution of snapping the neck and ankle vertexes to their correct positions, and that was that. When actually equipped by teens they get proportionately broader shoulders and more muscles than adults have. It's positively horrifying to look at.
    -The much better alternative, a store item from Surf's Up collection, straight up just doesn't have a teen version, so the result is that teen males have no usable long wetsuits. This is such an issue that i had attempted to fix this myself, but i couldn't get the UV mapping to work.
    -The second part is that any wetsuit boots, even the ones specifically supplied by EA to work with the wetsuits, the ones with the flippers attached, *don't actually connect* to the long wetsuits at any age, AND have material differences.
    -The third part is that the wetsuit hoods specifically supplied by EA to work with the wetsuits,*also* do not connect properly, AND have material differences.
    -The fourth part is that no gloves, neither from EA nor CC connect to the wetsuits, though at least this is simply an omission and not just messing up stuff that was supposed to work together.

I'm trying to find some wetsuit for my teen sims to wear as some shiny futuristic suit, as well as for going diving, but i am out of ideas. I would send you the meshes i fixed, but they got lost after i stopped working on it because of the UV.
    To be clear, i'm not married to the idea of using these default wetsuit parts, the seasons one has a weird shape, and the surf's up one is too matte, so if there is any CC wetsuit, boots, hood, and gloves, those would be a great solution too i just haven't managed to find any.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2021
    @NobodyImportant Okay, that's a lot to digest, but I'll look into it for you. :smiley: Though I am confused about one thing - the flippers. There are 2 EA flippers and 1 diving suit boot that I can think of, so are you wanting the boots to match up? Because the flippers wouldn't match up in real life to a wetsuit, either. So I'm just not sure what you're looking for there.

Edit: Oh, also confused on what you mean by wetsuit hood - the scuba hat hair? If so, that isn't enabled for teens (or at least doesn't show up in TSRW was teen-enabled) so just making sure that's the one you want to work with the suit before I do a bunch of stuff.
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
    @Emily4331 apparently i forgot to tag you
    And apparently you commented before i tagged you xD
    1) Well usually diving boots and gloves and hoods and suits of the same set fit pretty well together IRL, and in IP they don't, because the only IP wetsuit is a shorty.
    2) I have no idea what is and isn't enabled for teens. My dresser settings made an absolute mess out of the CAS lists. :sweat_smile: What i do know is that EA borked the Seasons tm wetsuit mesh.

3) Ultimatley i would like as much of it to fit together as seamlessly as possible, like as if it was a single clothing item, gloves, boots, maybe even hood all combined. Because while i sorely miss a proper diving suit in IP, what's much more of an issue is the lack of sci-fi suits in ITF. (the quantum suits were a preorder bonus and are not available)

I mean tron, evangelion, raised by wolves, fallout, ghost in the shell, etc etc... It's such a huge sci-fi trope and for them to not have a single tight fitting comfy looking sci-fi suit is just a travesty.
    Remember that motorcycle suit from sims 2? Something like that. This is why the pattern of the Surf's Up suit is great, and the shininess of the Seasons suit is also great. And i can not get this to work with any default item or CC, because every single item is completely different and doesn't fit together with others neither seamlessly nor otherwise, and especially not in color. There's a "superhero suits" cc, but that is literally just semi transparent body paint, and the patterns are horrible.
    @NobodyImportant Gonna send you a DM so I don't flood my own thread with my big dumb brain. lol :sweat_smile:
    Okay, @NobodyImportant I think I got it looking okay. This is for teen male and only teen male. I figured you only needed this for teen male, since you didn't mention any other gender or age group that this doesn't work for.

On top of resizing the teen male wetsuit to be more appropriate for the teen male body, I also made a collar for the wetsuit like the store one has. I did this by extruding already existing geometry, so it results in the texture being a little stretched in the neck area. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but maybe you do, and if that's the case I can try to remedy it, but for now that's what I got.

I edited the specular of the scuba hood hat to be shiny and match the wetsuit a bit more.

I made 2 versions of the wetsuit - 1 with gloves as a part of it, and 1 without gloves.

I made the teen male military boots available for swimwear, so you can wear them while diving. They mostly line up with the wetsuit and I think their level of shininess and general look okay with it.

I'm certain other gloves exist out there that would work in this situation, along with shoes, so if you find ones you prefer and that you want used for swimwear, just let me know and I can either do it for you or run you through enabling them for other categories as that is not a big deal.

Here's a screenshot of everything together.
    mXxvBjY.png

For comparison, here's the EA wetsuit. You can really tell they just used the adult male one when you see them side by side like this.
    tGpYKkx.jpg

I put them all together in a convenient 7z file. Just extract it and put it in your packages folder. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzi1hyhbssj68y4/WetsuitStuff.7z?dl=0

The file names are very self explanatory if you want some, but not others.
    Could you please upload a version without the ankle, wrist, and neck modifications, just the body shape matching the teen body shape?
    You know literally just right what EA did wrong.
    edited August 2021
    Okay, @NobodyImportant and whoever else it may concern: the seasons wetsuit for teens, properly fitted and without any other adjustments:
    FiH1BWj.png

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9v4ta4koa1s0is/TM_Wetsuit_Seasons_Refit.package?dl=0
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
    Yay thanks :D
    @NobodyImportant Informed me of some issues with backface culling in the seasons teen wetsuit. I updated the Dropbox link with the fixed version, so redownload it and replace your old file. :3
  • Wisteria_PetalsWisteria_Petals Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi there, it's very unlikely you could help me but I though I'd ask just incase x.
    I made a post on Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=5770984#post5770984) about these faun/satyr shoes that don't work unless it has the main outfit on. If there's anything you could do, that'd be amazing but if not, please no stress xx
    @Wisteria_Petals My only fix that would work for all possible outfits (generally speaking), would be to resize the legs to be large enough to cover the EA leg. However, this does greatly change how they look. I did a quick edit in Blender to show you generally how great the difference would be:

The original feet:
    iZ06DSA.jpg

shlTrPA.jpg

Feet Re-sized to hide EA Leg:
    jzLVOHF.jpg

RpwSYIL.jpg

If the difference doesn't bother you, then great, that should work decently well, but if you don't like that, there's not much that can be done. At least, nothing else I can do about it. :sweat_smile:
    Honestly I think it looks great, more than happy to use it xx
    @Wisteria_Petals Great! I'll get right to it.
    @Wisteria_Petals This ought to do it. But let me know if you notice any issues. :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iku2mt8x3eqvzln/SatyrShoesAF.package?dl=0
    Something I didn't think about, the mesh interferes with bottoms (even the original ones)... Is there anything you can do? My bad I should've thought about that
    @Wisteria_Petals What do you mean by interfering? It would clip through pants or anything long enough to cover that part of the legs. In that case, I'd just use the original satyr feet with those.
    I'm a new member so I can't attach a photo ehh, but the pattern moves onto the pants (kind of like this https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/4/9/8/6/6/MTS_.indiemilk-1169151-img_highboots.jpg )
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2021
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Wisteria_Petals This ought to do it. But let me know if you notice any issues. :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iku2mt8x3eqvzln/SatyrShoesAF.package?dl=0

*kermitflails*
    OMG I was having the exact same issue with this piece of CC the other day, and was going to come and ask if you could fix it. Thank you so much ! Also, there are a few knee high bottoms that work with this, but none that seem to tuck in to the legs, which is okay by me, I'm not bothered myself.

<3<3<3

Edit - do these work for males? I needed them for a male sim. I've just downloaded I haven't checked in my game. I'll do a quick check in S3PE
    Edit 2 - No they're female only. Do you think you could fix them for guys too please @Emily4331 ??? I've uploaded the male version to SFS if you want to try - https://simfileshare.net/download/2701378/
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Wisteria_Petals Ohh okay that's an issue with the texture. I should be able to fix that, yes.

@Pary Sure thing. Probably going to have to wait a bit, though. As I should've been asleep hours ago. :weary:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    No hurry :) Thank you, whenever is convenient.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Okay, these should be good. Sorry for the delay. @Pary @Wisteria_Petals AF and AM versions, and neither ones textures should interfere with most other bottoms or outfits.

AF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck7oq1lpt862m0q/SatyrFeetAF.package?dl=0

AM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gauszfk3zyrz20b/SatyrFeetAM.package?dl=0
    > @Emily4331 said:
    > Okay, these should be good. Sorry for the delay. @Pary @Wisteria_Petals AF and AM versions, and neither ones textures should interfere with most other bottoms or outfits.
    >
    > AF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck7oq1lpt862m0q/SatyrFeetAF.package?dl=0
    >
    > AM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gauszfk3zyrz20b/SatyrFeetAM.package?dl=0

They're amazing, thankyou so much!! xx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top