November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 9,992 Member
You ever download a new piece of custom content that looks perfect in the pictures online...only to get in-game and see this:
05WiJKz.png?1

Well, I can fix that! So I figured I'd offer my services to any of you here - Link me to the CC you want that looks wonky in game and I'll repair it and send you the fixed version. :smiley:

CC I can fix
  • Clothing
  • Shoes
  • Accessories

I haven't learned how to work with hair, so don't send it to me.
:lol:

Problems I can fix
  • CC items enabled for age groups they shouldn't be enabled for. Like this:
    1zodete.jpg
  • CC items that explode in-game. Like this:
    05WiJKz.png?1
  • CC items that aren't properly morphed. (CC that doesn't increase in size to accommodate sims larger or smaller than default size).
And just some final notes: Firstly, I won't go through adfly or similar links to get CC. If what you want fixed goes through adfly, please link me the simsfileshare/mediafire/dropbox/etc link and not the adfly link. And, secondly and finally, I will do whatever it takes to fix this stuff for you guys. I know how frustrating it is to find CC like this that is obviously broken, but released anyway. With some CC, that might mean that it'll take me a bit longer to properly fix it. So I ask that you be patient. :smile:

With that said, send me all you got! I'd be happy to help! :smile:
Post edited by Emily4331 on

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,305 Member
    You're an angel! o:)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 9,992 Member
    @jillbg Awww, thank you :3 I try!
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 373 Member
    aww this could have come in handy a few months ago xD

i'll keep you in mind in future thanks :D
    ingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 5,892 Member
    You're too sweet @Emily4331 <3

I'll definitely remember your offer if I run into any broken CC. :)
    ql.jpg
    *Celebrating 30 years of QL!*
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 1,910 Member
    @StephSteb Haha! I look forward to it :tongue:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 4,442 Member
    @Emily4331 Are you still offering this? I love these mermaid tails but the feet stick out of them. :cry:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vm5u5dw5rha6m4x/Tails.zip

iOXDeH3.jpg
    The Sequel: Part 4

@ZeeGee I am, but I have been a bit busy as of late. So it may not be soon, but I'll shove them in a folder and work on them when I have time. :smile:
    @ZeeGee

Just checked the orca one really quickly. This CC isn't broken, it just requires another piece of cc to look good.

These tails are bottoms, so the shoes will still be there. To fix this, you can use invisible feet as shoes. This skeleton costume comes with a separate package that adds a shoe option that hides the feet entirely. :smile:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/395831

Should be called NullShoes or something similar.
    @Emily4331 Thank you so much!

• jjohnn17jjohnn17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Do any of you guys know any mod on the sims 3 that gives you the features of the sims 4 drag cas tool? Because i really want to have a precise editing tool for my sims on the sims 3. Thanks.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 17,587 Member
    jjohnn17 wrote: »
    Do any of you guys know any mod on the sims 3 that gives you the features of the sims 4 drag cas tool? Because i really want to have a precise editing tool for my sims on the sims 3. Thanks.
    Wouln't mind being proven wrong sometime in the future for those who want this, but am afraid such a feature would be far beyond the reach of anything that a mod could possibly do.
    786acphb0viikee4g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited May 6
    @jjohnn17 You can be VERY precise with sliders when you have NRaas MasterController cause it tells you exactly what number the slider is on.

@Emily4331 Another request! I have these super cool pants for men but for some reason when I put them on my sim his arms snap inwards. I've seen arms snap outwards for a blousy dress or something but never seen this before. The pants are a little balloony, not skinny pants so don't know what is causing this. I have no idea where I got them so I put them on SimFileShare. If you can fix them I'd be grateful!

https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.com/pixels/product-page/dexter
    Post edited by ZeeGee on

@ZeeGee Well these pants are wacky. :lol: For some reason, they made the sim in TSRW look like the elephant man when I imported them. :lol: I found a good reference and copied the bones and morphs. Typically, I find this weird arms thing is caused by bones, so hopefully this fixes it. It looks perfect in TSRW, but I will have to test it in-game before I know if I truly fixed it. :smile: Won't take too long!
    edited April 30
    @ZeeGee Excuse the low graphic setting. Updating my Nvidia drivers always resets them for some reason. I'd have to exit and restart the game again if I changed the settings, so I just left them as they were. :tongue:

So, here's your pants! Now with 100% less arm damage! :lol:
    588dRKW.jpg

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61835bc9mza0uf6/JoggersFixZeeGee.package?dl=0
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 47,628 Member
    @Emily4331 You did a brilliant job fixing those joggers for @ZeeGee! My sims don't normally wear joggers but I am tempted to steal the fixed version :D Of course, I wouldn't do that if ZeeGee didn't approve.
    @Mikezumi Thank you! :3 I would say the boys could always use them for PJs, but then we wouldn't get to see their beautiful, muscular legs at breakfast time :tongue: Anything fixed here is up for grabs by anyone who likes them. :smiley:
    @Emily4331 Thank you so much! It’s so sweet of you to do this! Computer is down for the night but I’ll grab them tomorrow.

@Mikezumi 100%approve of course! They really are cute and different. I love the plaid. Can’t wait to see them on your hotties. <3

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 47,628 Member
    Before:
    Chm0O9A.jpg
    After:
    lU0j0fn.jpg
    No more weird arms! Thank you Emily!! I love these pants, they look so cozy.

@ZeeGee Woohoo! Glad I could help! :smiley:
  • cocococo Posts: 2,522 Member
    edited May 1
    Those pants are super cute. Great job on fixing them Emily! I have seen the inwards arms before. I reckon I have some dresses in CAS that have that problem. I will have to try and find the files :smile:
    VEFgIk.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 5,892 Member
    Omgosh @Emily4331 ! :open_mouth: That was an epic fix!

Great job! :star:
    ql.jpg
    *Celebrating 30 years of QL!*
    @emorrill Well, ya know...
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 277 Member
    Do you perhaps have time to look at this piece of CC? https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.com/pixels/product-page/luke
    The arms flop inwards when guys wear it. I'm unsure about the other ages as I was so put off that I removed it. Would be great if you can give it a look over.