Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Okay, these should be good. Sorry for the delay. @Pary @Wisteria_Petals AF and AM versions, and neither ones textures should interfere with most other bottoms or outfits.

AF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck7oq1lpt862m0q/SatyrFeetAF.package?dl=0

AM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gauszfk3zyrz20b/SatyrFeetAM.package?dl=0

Thank you so much @Emily4331 <3 Really appreciate you taking the time to do that!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited September 2021
    @Emily4331 , the male version of Satyr feet aren't showing in my game. The female ones work fine, but the male ones simply aren't there. Is this an issue for anyone else or is it just a "me" problem? :(

Edit - Ah okay, you can't have both in your game at the same time. The male version showed up after I took the female version out. Is it possible to fix this please Emily?
    Sorry to be a bother!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Pary Oh carp. Yes. :lol: Sorry about that. Sometimes I space and forget that exporting from the same instance of TSRW makes items overwrite each other. :sweat_smile:

I updated the file on Dropbox with a re-exported one that shouldn't conflict. Sorry about that! I even do this with my own personal conversion sometimes. Just a brain dead moment. :lol: Here's the DL again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gauszfk3zyrz20b/SatyrFeetAM.package?dl=0
    Aww, thank you so very much <3 I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.
    Don't apologise, I have more brain dead moments than working brain moments most of the time, I understand :D
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Don't apologise, I have more brain dead moments than working brain moments most of the time, I understand :D

^ @Pary That would be me too... :sweat:;)

You're awesome @Emily4331
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Wisteria_PetalsWisteria_Petals Posts: 6 New Member
    Honestly thankyou so much, you're incredible xx
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Emily4331 You are so awesome doing these fixes to make everyone's cc work better. We all have those little moments. (wait til you are my age, they become more often and bigger. :grin: )
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited September 2021
    Pary wrote: »
    Aww, thank you so very much <3 I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Me too. It's become a constant with me. :cry:

I still need to get @Emily4331 to "enable for females" the tactical vest, I've been needing. Right now only the men can wear it and well...that does no good if any females have to join the men for recon patrols of the apocalyptic wasteland. :mrgreen: need to keep the women safe. Considering it's set for men, the framework of the cc may have to be adjusted a bit to fit properly too.
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    I can't remember who it was that created the tactical vest, but I still have the cc in my external hard drive.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer If you can find it on your external hard drive and reupload it somewhere, I can probably get that done relatively quickly.
    Hey...@Emily4331 - here it is finally. :) Sorry about the long delay in uploading it to Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1APPKtSdZy8ioNpVLd33Mdae4VJCPSoh_/view?usp=sharing - let me know if you can download it from there.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer It says I need access to the file. If you right click the file in your drive and hit "share" at the bottom of the popup it will say restricted, click "change to anyone with the link" and then give me the new link it generates.
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer It says I need access to the file. If you right click the file in your drive and hit "share" at the bottom of the popup it will say restricted, click "change to anyone with the link" and then give me the new link it generates.

OK...let's try this again. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1APPKtSdZy8ioNpVLd33Mdae4VJCPSoh_/view?usp=sharing
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer Got it. :smile:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Okay, resized a bit and for women YAF-Elder. I used the women's air force career uniform for size, so hopefully it will fit around whatever they wear underneath. But, if it doesn't, lemme know.

3KGdIg1.jpg

C7FCwDl.jpg

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5lmqntmmr0brb2/armour vest with handling system_AF.package?dl=0
    Thanks a bunch, @Emily4331, Appreciate it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited October 2021
    @Emily4331 Hey girl. :blush: Do you remember making some earmuffs for me? (I think they were a Sims 4 conversion?)

I wanted to ask if you'd like to revisit them and see if there's any more you can do for them to make them look more solidly fluffy. ;)

Let me know. Here's the DL. If not, it's cool. Thanks!
    @emorrill I don't think I can, really. Those are the only furry earmuffs I could even find, and most of their lack of solid fluffiness comes from the originals, not from any edits I made. It'd probably require me to mess around with the texture, which honestly would probably just make them look infinitely worse as textures are not my strong suit. :sweat_smile:
    @Emily4331 I see. Thanks anyway. :kissing_heart:
  • StruggleBugStruggleBug Posts: 11 New Member
    I don't think 'broken CC' is the right word? But I tried to download Lazy Duchess' Smooth patch for the sims 3 (I have downloaded the game on steam and have local files open but haven't played it yet) but every time i try downloading the zip file it says

"C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\sxPp1gHa.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

I get this message everytime I try downloading this mod, no matter whether its on dropbox or modthesims
    how do I download this mod because I've been doing what the instructions say
    > @StruggleBug said:
    > I don't think 'broken CC' is the right word? But I tried to download Lazy Duchess' Smooth patch for the sims 3 (I have downloaded the game on steam and have local files open but haven't played it yet) but every time i try downloading the zip file it says
    >
    > "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\sxPp1gHa.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
    >
    > Try again later, or contact the server administrator."
    >
    > I get this message everytime I try downloading this mod, no matter whether its on dropbox or modthesims
    > how do I download this mod because I've been doing what the instructions say

Just to add on: This seems to specifically be for this mod, I didn't have this issue w/ Nraars or others
    Sorry for spam, this will be the last message until I get replies, but i haven't figured out if/how to edit posts

I tried downloading Lazy Duchess' cat + dog visual addons via their dropbox (same as i did with the smoothpatch) but I didn't encounter this issue so idk what it is about this specific mod (which is a shame because i was mostly downloading mods for performance stuff)
    @StruggleBug I just went to test download the mod and it works fine for me. I'm on Firefox. My first step with any failed downloads is to try downloading it using a different web browser. See if that works.
    @Emily4331 Thanks for trying to help me, but I've attempted to download in three different browsers and I can't seem to get it to work (I got the error message above in Firefox, chrome said there was a 'network error' and crashed and Microsoft edge just said the download failed). Its a shame because it looks like a great mod. I'll try any other suggestions but I'm not really sure why its only happening to this specific mod and no others
    @StruggleBug Unfortunately, this isn't a sims-related problem beyond the download being a sims mod, so I'm not sure how much more help I can provide.

My only other thought is: in Firefox, type in the address bar "about:support" without the quotes. On the upper right of the page that comes up, click "Refresh Firefox" and retry the download.
    Hey @Emily4331 :blush: Thanks for being willing to take a look at these two pieces of cc.

First are these shoes that have a *lovely* seam present above the ankles and I'm wondering if you'd be able to remove it? :)

Christian-shoes-seam.jpg

*DL*

Second, is this grand dress. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-28.jpg
    WOW! Right? :lol:

Now, I guess this isn't really a cc fix it, (maybe a little) but more of a modification if you're able to do it. If you try and are unable to for any reason, don't worry too much about it. I wouldn't use a dress like this often in my game anyway, only for weddings or very special occasions. ;) But I thought I would offer you the challenge. :kissing_heart:

So in LIVE mode you can see where one corner of the dress looks frilly, while the other corner looks like a paper airplane. :neutral: I don't know if that was the intent of the creator - or they just got lazy and left it, calling it good :lol: - but...yeah...not super nice or even looking:

Screenshot-30.jpg

Now when I had her walk around, especially through this hallway, that "paper airplane" corner disappeared and revealed how lovely the dress could actually look. :love: (Showed its potential! :lol: )

Screenshot-31.jpg

If there's a way you could transform it to look like that ^^^ (removing the paper airplane corner) that would be so fantastic! :star:

But like I said, if not, for whatever reason, it's okay. :kissing_heart: I just wanted to see if it could be fixed/altered.

*DL*

Thank you bunches. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top