Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Emily4331 Hey awesome girl! :smiley:

So...this isn't a borked out piece of cc that needs fixing (Not that I know of anyway. :confused: ) and I was wondering if you might be able to alter it? ;)

I've been searching tirelessly for some cc that's just a stubbly mustache, no beard attached. No luck. So I wanted to see if you might be able to take this piece of cc and remove the beard - and under lip hair - but leave the mustache? If not, it's totally okay. :kissing_heart:

luxury01.jpg
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Emily4331

tenor.gif

Girl, I luv you! :star: Thank you so much! 🤗

I'll test it out in game and let know how it looks, but I'm sure it's perfect. :blush:
    @Emily4331 As I suspected, your change in the cc came out perfectly! :star:

This piece was meant for Harvey. ;) Here he looks at the moment in my story all clean shaven...

Harvey-new-mustache-1.jpg

...Now I can show his mustache growing back in.

Harvey-new-mustache-2.jpg

I'm squealing!!! It's exactly how I hoped it would look. 🙌
    And no he will not turn the edges up into a handlebar mustache when it grows out more. Ever. Again. :joy:

Now to see how it looks in LIVE mode (with his super silly bug-eyed grin :lol: )

Harvey-new-mustache-3.jpg

Perfect! :star:

Thank you again chica! :kissing_heart:

And now back to your incredible cc fixing skills. :blush:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited February 2021
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Emily4331
    I've been searching tirelessly for some cc that's just a stubbly mustache, no beard attached. No luck. So I wanted to see if you might be able to take this piece of cc and remove the beard - and under lip hair - but leave the mustache? If not, it's totally okay. :kissing_heart:

luxury01.jpg

@emorrill
    The model totally reminds me of Cam Gigante from Twilight, or Max Theriot from Seal Team.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Emily4331 Just asking before I figure out how to share the CC I need fixing since I got it off a site that just closed - are you able to fix shirts not showing up when zoomed out a ways? There's also seams in some too.

Also will need suggestions on how to share the cc in case I can't find the og link.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @rubyskywalker Yeah. What happens there is that there are 3 levels of detail for meshes in the game. High, medium, and low. The game renders medium to low depending on how far you are zoomed out as the detail of those objects doesn't matter nearly as much at such distances and the lower levels of detail are less memory intensive. Many creators and converters (myself included, not gonna lie lol) forego making dedicated lower LODs for clothing items. I can't speak for everyone, but for me it's that some of the items I'm converting are such high poly that repeatedly decimating them looks, well...terrible. :lol: And since I mostly convert for my own use and I am very infrequently zoomed out far enough for those lower LODs to matter much, I typically don't bother with it.

So, the simple answer to your first question is yes. Though I wouldn't necessarily consider that broken. I can give the piece lower LODs, regardless. :tongue: And, yes, seams are perfectly fixable.

You can reupload the CC to a file sharing site of your choice. If you have a Google account, you already have access to free storage in Google Drive, so that'd probably be the easiest. In Google Drive, to share you just need to right click the file, select "share", then "copy link" and paste that here for your file(s).
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think I even have a store shirt where the medium LOD is missing. Irks me enough that I don't use the item anymore, but then again, I just use something else.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited February 2021
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    @Emily4331

luxury01.jpg

@emorrill
    The model totally reminds me of Cam Gigante from Twilight, or Max Theriot from Seal Team.
    Yeah, just looked him up SO2 Clay Spenser, that's quite the "rack" he's got. 4x award of the Bronze Star.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SEAL_Team_(TV_series)_characters#Awards_and_decorations_2
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    One of the ones that has a seam problem (waistline) is here: https://loveisfries.tumblr.com/post/169409169759/crop-hoodies-download-hello-here-are-some

If you can check the LOD on it too that'd be great.

The other that had LOD issues was a cropped sweater top I believe I got from this thread actually somewhere. Looked through here a while ago to grab fixed cc I liked. The main issue with it is when I zoom out all I see is sleeves and nothing on the torso. :lol: I felt bad for the sim I put it on so I took it off her.

My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    @rubyskywalker I'll take a look at the hoodie, but you'll have to be more specific about the piece you got from here.
    @KevinL5275 I had no clue who that guy was, but thanks for enlightening me. :blush: And yes, it looks just like his facial hair. ;)
    edited February 2021
    @Emily4331 I thought it was from here, as it said fix in the cc title - guess I'll have to use Google drive for that one when I get a chance to do so. It's a cropped sweater with a similar shape to the hoodie above, preset is black/dark grey with different color sleeves. I can also try to post a pic in case someone else recognizes it.
    @rubyskywalker Such a simple task ended up being so not simple. :lol: For whatever reason, there was just something wrong overall with that package. No matter how many times I tried to fix the seam, it was still showing up for no apparent reason. Just only within that package's instance of TSRW. So I had to pretty much do the entire TSRW part of this CC all over again from scratch. Several crashes because of the amazing number of different designs (TSRW hates texture files) later...I finally got it. Thank you to my boys in Ninety One and Madmen (Especially you, Moora, I love you. мен сені жақсы көремін <3) for singing me lovely songs to distract my brain from the TSRW rage. Because, oh my god, if ya'll haven't ever tried to use that program before...I'm not sure you know what true anger is. :tired_face:

Anyway, we finally made it out alive with a cropped sweatshirt with no stomach seam, all appropriate LODs, and all of the original designs are intact. PHEW

Proof of seamlessness (sorry for the pantie shot, sim):
    Z8fiWjl.png

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/omq52u3z3g92t0d/loveisfries_clothing_top-SloganHoodies_AF_Fix.package?dl=0

Also, Ruby, it tickles me that you know my signature "fix" added to the file name :lol: I'll look again in the pages for it with this new info and let you know if I need you to help me hunt for it.
    @KevinL5275 I had no clue who that guy was, but thanks for enlightening me. :blush: And yes, it looks just like his facial hair. ;)

@emorrill Which guy? And don't tell me both. :p
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @rubyskywalker Alright, I've been through every page of this thread and can't find another hoodie that fits your description, so I say go ahead and reupload it somewhere. :lol:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @Emily4331 Thanks for all the amazing work you do and putting up with the rage inducer that is TSRW. I have no idea how that program works so can't feel your pain but know that you are appreciated. I download most of your fixes cause it's usually something cool. Whenever I come to this thread the chorus from this song plays in my head,

Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
    Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold

You're our rock star!
    @ZeeGee Girllll if I had a fan club, you'd be the president. :tongue: I appreciate it. :heart: As long as my fixes make someone happy, I'll continue. :3
    @Emily4331 Thanks for the hoodie fix. I'll let you know when I upload the other file.

@KevinL5275 Lol. Max Thieriot. ;)

And @ZeeGee brownie points to you for quoting that awesome Smash Mouth song. :star::mrgreen:
    ( @Emily4331 You ARE a rockstar! )

I distinctly remember the jocks in high school singing it one time in the halls in between class, dancing to it rather impressively. Good times. :blush: I miss the 90s-early 2000s.

@KevinL5275 Lol. Max Thieriot. ;)

Check out Seal Team on CBS, its really good!!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Girllll if I had a fan club, you'd be the president. :tongue: I appreciate it. :heart: As long as my fixes make someone happy, I'll continue. :3

Yes I would! I think it's amazing the work you do and the frustration you put up with just to help us out. <3

@emorrill I can see jocks appropriating that song, but dancing impressively? Not so much! Lol. Sounds like good times. :)
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Hello!
    My friend tried his hand as converting a piece of s4 cc by himself for the first time and he got really far, but unfortunately he ran against an issue that he cant figure out. He was trying to make it recolorable, but the colors bleed over? He thinks its maybe something with the mesh, but I have no idea what is happening. He gave up, but I had to see if something could be done.
    On the picture you can see that the colors are also somewhere else. He wanted the wood 1 channel, pumpkins another and the cones third color.

The original s4 doesn't have that problem:

3196563.jpg

His:

0f65ad95709cfa4655a97484bc9d23a92597c612.jpg

Could you perhaps take a look?
    http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2356831/
    @budewarmin Of course. :3
    @budewarmin So, I think it'd be more useful to your friend to let him know what went wrong so that he can mend it himself and have the knowledge for future projects than do it for him, so that's what I'm gonna do. :tongue:

Taking a look at the UV Map in Blender, The entire wood base is overlapping with several other parts of the mesh.
    WcAV5xX.jpg

The big vertical rectangle is the wood base. It's UV is overlapping most of the pumpkins, the pumpkin stems, and one of the pine cones. So, what happened is that your friend, when masking the parts off, was inadvertently also putting some of the base on the same color channel as the pumpkins and pine cones. I applied the mask as a texture in Blender, so you/he could better see what I mean:
    FfComR2.jpg

I thought he used the original texture, but I found the original and the UV map is perfectly clean. The selected UVs are for the base:
    d85yaNK.jpg

Even if you resize that to 512x1024 like the original TS4 texture, the UV map is still great. The reason this bleeding doesn't happen in the TS4 one is that this overlapping isn't happening. I'm not sure what went wrong, but my suggestion would be to just start over, do everything he did the first time, but leave the UV map be. It's there for you already. Just bake it, use the original textures, make them recolorable, and all will be fine. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top